[Drama 2019] Voice 3, 보이스3

nateko

Yay!! Finally caught up with the latest episodes! Fell behind because there were other pressing things to do.

I love that we're getting into the meat of the story: Lighter Guy. But first, let me catch up with the posts in the thread so that I'm not repeating what I have in mind about the development or direction.

ETA:

lol... basically what I've thought of has been discussed in earlier pages. I will keep mine brief:

- Really admire Chief Na's self control not to punch Chairman Oh to death, considering he has his brother's hand in possession. That was such a hard pill to swallow.

- While Kang is the ultimate target of Kaneki, I think Yukiko's father might become one of the victims of Kaneki too. It seemed that he resents him.

- Chief Na is kidnapped because of the "ugly" comments he made while talking to Kaneki who were seated in the back of the ambulance.

- There are many possibilities of the future direction:

1. Chief Na's torture/death became the trigger to "wake" Kousuke. Kousuke crosses over to the other side. In the end, Kousuke will be the one Kaneki ordered to cut off Kang's ear.

2. Chief Na is saved by DKW and later he will also be the one to save Kang when Kaneki is ready to kill her, all the while we will witness his struggle to fight down the "natural talent" of Kousuke.

• Like 6

Love the playful moments between dispatch team and LHN :joy:

Btw, TVING released compilation of important scenes in Voice 1 from episode 1 to 16. I miss the Kwon Joo here.. full of determination, cold-stern face and has that fiery feeling to her words...in her journey to avenge her father and the death of MJH's wife. 

She changed in Season 2. I was kind of mourn for the change, down  to her hair which I liked so much in S1. :joy:

But yeah, her change was necessary to show her character development as GTT leader and moving pass about avenging her father. 

But still, I miss KKJ of season 1. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Q:Talking about season 2, if it happen, you won't be there and that's sad.

A: Personally, yes I am sad. But I also think if indeed season 2 is produced, the villains in the story can be constantly changing like in Gotham City and they could pick any timeline they want to.

(---KIM JAE WOOK'S INTERVIEW APRIL 1ST 2017)

Meanwhile, Do Kang Woo is in Gotham City

tumblr_ptccf6yzKZ1xfreugo1_540.gif

tumblr_ptccf6yzKZ1xfreugo2_540.gif

tumblr_ptccf6yzKZ1xfreugo3_540.giftumblr_ptccf6yzKZ1xfreugo4_540.gif

Those are my gifs, I haven't made the one that he's driving Batmobile in the next eps [laughs]

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, jouleoppa said:

Meanwhile, Do Kang Woo is in Gotham City

I've been thinking since watching Voice that Jang Hyuk is really suitable role for Batman Korean version amid all his fighting scenes:joy::joy::joy: and I always think Lee Jin Wook is Korean version of Tom Cruise. JH handsome face, charismatic nature, charming smile, and martial arts can suit a billionaire playboy like Bruce Wayne and LJW's super handsome, mysterious expression, body build, and his 4D personality really suit Ethan Hunt:bawling:

And I really like how they shoot DKW on that rooftop it's so cool remind me of Batman Begin, it'd be great if you put it on Tumblr:heart:

• Like 4

I'm gradually catching up... Up to Episode 8 so far. I put the drama on hold to watch some lighter fare before returning to this. ;)

Although I am interested and quite curious about Kang Woo's backstory, I think for me the heart and soul of Voice is still the individual emergency cases. That's still my favourite part of the series. I wouldn't say that the psychopaths-walk-amongst-us arc detracts from that but I still believe that Voice is and was always about the victims of crime. The people who suffered from injustice and miscarriages of justice. That's the whole point of the Golden Time Team is to help people and save lives. The serial killer arc is just background noise.

There's something quite admirable about Kang Woo's resolve to keep at the straight and narrow despite all his internal "programming" to do otherwise. Admittedly I was apprehensive to see him descend into darkness... wasn't sure I really wanted to watch that but LJW is doing a really good job of it plus I find the struggle between the contrary forces within him morbidly fascinating. I don't want to see him give in to his darker impulses and goodness knows he's putting up a heck of fight. The really incredible thing about KW IMO is that while all the psychopaths in his acquaintance are trying to egg him on, he continues to resist, soldering on trying to defy the innateness hypothesis.

Sometimes with all the bloodthirsty crazy stuff that goes on one forgets that KW is an excellent detective. Of all the things he chose to do knowing his history and propensities, he chose to be a cop. Perhaps he thought it would keep those dark tendencies at bay if was out there helping people. But when he's not pretending to be indifferent, he does seem to care. 

I loved the case of the immigrant women. It's a blight on every civilized society when the weak and vulnerable get abused... particularly men and women who are looking for a way out... a better life but end up falling prey to those who take advantage of their vulnerabilities. A very ugly incident but a ringing reminder of the depths of human depravity ie. trading in babies.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

I know this might have been said many times already, but really... I bow to LJW's performance in Voice 3. He's so believable playing KW's tortured soul and body, down to the expressions of his eyes. He's not overplaying it. Just in the eyes and body language, it's interesting to be able to see the switch from KW to Kousuke. He doesn't even need to lick his lips or whatnot for us to notice. I forget that I'm watching an actor.

Our LHN has been consistently amazing too throughout all the seasons; she carries this show with grace and a tranquille force, but wanted to give LJW a special shoutout. KW/Kousuke is an emotionally taxing and challenging role to play. Speaking a bit from experience here. Kuddos, sir.

• Like 7

On 6/20/2019 at 11:20 AM, sushilicious said:

Oh we do! We have tons! You want 10 boxes with 100 each? Hahaha

Yes yes!  I haven't caught up yet with the latest episodes since we've been working overtime lately. Aaaaaand I have to read everyone's post. You guys are amazing. I love all your theories. I still have to watch the last 2 episodes though. :bawling:

• Like 3

All caught up!

Oh dear... Chief Na gets kidnapped again. Here's hoping he gets out of this too. Now that he's not quite so belligerent and he's been wonderfully supportive of Kang Woo I would hate to see him fall victim to Kanaseki and his minions. Poor man but now at least we all know what happened to his brother's hand. It wasn't just some rich person's indulgent fetish... there's a warped superstition that drives these purchases... a belief that the objects are talismans at the right price.

I've been thinking since Episode 9 that underneath all the cesspit of evil and savagery, Kang Woo's entire arc is seems to be about choice. That was wonderfully reinforced in that instance when Chief Na is barely holding back from striking Chairman Oh but then he says that he won't hit him (Chairman Oh) because he refuses to become like him. Although he doesn't say who, he invokes Kang Woo as his inspiration, as it were. Knowing that KW is struggling with his urges to inflict serious violence, he draws some comfort from thinking that if someone with everything against can hold out, he (Chief Na) too can do the same.

I also personally find Kang Woo inspiring especially after these last few episodes. There's something deeply heroic about the way he battles those dark desires in the face of increasing obstacles. While he is despised, shunned and ridiculed by everyone who knows his history, to me he is a tragic hero. He is fighting his own internal manichean battle and yet despite it all, he still manages to have his wits about him and play detective par excellence. He's still observant and remarkably perceptive about people.

I am made to realise that KW could have used his abilities to destroy lives but he chose to use his intelligence and skills to save them. Whether he was born a psychopath or made into one, it's inspiring that he has chosen to carve out his own path... to accept responsibility for his own actions and be his own man despite the labels thrown his way.

I imagine it's down to psychopath vs psychopath. ;) The British used former pirates to hunt down other pirates. Police often consult ex-thieves to understand the modul operandi of existing ones. I suppose the show is saying that only another psychopath can bring down one so powerful (with connections in high places) and intelligent that he has built up an incredible network and reputation.

I hope KW survives although all this talk about shooting him when he loses control doesn't give me much reason to hope.

And yes... LJW has been really good in this. I've seen most of his stuff and he really does well as tortured, haunted characters. But in this he has been at the top of his game. 

• Like 11

@40somethingahjumma Very well said. 

17 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Although I am interested and quite curious about Kang Woo's backstory, I think for me the heart and soul of Voice is still the individual emergency cases. 

I agree 100%. Prior to this serial case, I loved how they save people from their day to day cases. That sense of satisfaction you get when you see the GT team save different people at the end of the day. It's a humbling experience.

21 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There's something quite admirable about Kang Woo's resolve to keep at the straight and narrow despite all his internal "programming" to do otherwise

You are definitely on point on this one. He is still KW despite being a psychopath (although I agree that they wrongly diagnosed him). He is more than the son of a murderer and he tried his damniest to be on a different path. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, sheelatpsfm said:

One more day for the last 2 eps of Voice 2.. OMG! That means next week no more already.. No more waiting for KW and KJ and the GT team. 

We still have 2 weeks of Voice. :blush:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, sheelatpsfm said:

OMG! I forgot this week is ep13 and 14.. 

Haish.. brain is tired already today.. hehehhehhe  :joy:

Hhaha, I was about to cry when you mentioned only two more eps then I realized we actually have 4 more. :joy: Still catching up on Eps 11-12. And OMG I won't wait long for Ep 13! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

31 minutes ago, sheelatpsfm said:

Whatever the outcome, I hope we will some kind of happy ending. 

Me too. I hope for some closure and a path to healing for KW, and no death for Chief Na... And progress on KJ's recovery. This isn't exactly a happy show, but I hope that the last episode won't leave me too heartbroken or somewhat traumatized by the fate our beloved characters. I know the show is about solving cases, but I'm hoping for growth and the ability to move forward with their lives, for KJ and KW. Please, no funeral for KW...

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

Me too. I hope for some closure and a path to healing for KW, and no death for Chief Na... And progress on KJ's recovery. This isn't exactly a happy show, but I hope that the last episode won't leave me too heartbroken or somewhat traumatized by the fate our beloved characters. I know the show is about solving cases, but I'm hoping for growth and the ability to move forward with their lives, for KJ and KW. Please, no funeral for KW...

We all do! I am hoping for no cliffhangers since last years season end sent me in a mini panic attack :joy:

19 minutes ago, nateko said:

They finished filming, can't believe that I'll have nothing to watch in two weeks :scream:

No KW in the picture though :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Lucky you for not having to suffer the same pain like everyone here. <_<*chew cookie*

But, but.... I got no cookies to chew the past few days especially when I knew I won't be able to watch the latest 2 eps. I made up for it by gobbling one box of your :cookie: that I got the other day. Oh, the box with 100 pieces each. :joy:

• LOL 4