Zhai Xiao Wen as Xu Zhi An
Zhang Yi as Zheng Wen Rui
Nagima as Xu Ri Qing
Liu Bi Qu as Chen Mo Han
Yuan Cheng Jie
Song Mei Xuan
Feng Bo as Luo Zhi's mother

Synopsis:

A story revolving around two students, Sheng Huai Nan (Hu Yi Tian) and Luo Zhi (Hu Bing Qing), who immediately hit it off when they meet in university, but a message from an ex complicates things. Furthermore, Huai Nan discovers that Luo Zhi has been harboring a secret crush on him since their younger days. Luo Zhi has been caught in a one-sided love with Huai Nan for over ten years as she acts in a monodrama of her own creation. Her feelings towards Huai Nan are complicated, fueled by an honest admiration for his excellence but also tainted with jealousy and hatred. While following Huai Nan, Luo Zhi is also admitted to the best university. Her one-sided love finally gets a new chapter when the two start getting close to each other, but reality hits hard and they undergo many trials. 
(Source: Mydramalist)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon

Additional Links:

kRJ6w_3f.jpg

cr as tagged

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators @Jillia

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

tham-yeu-quat-sinh-hoai-nam-2019_1560181553-big.jpg

In wanting to respect those whom haven't started this drama yet and in my desire to share that it's packed with emotions and small stories within a story.  That lead even the viewer an opportunity to reflect and remember.  To think before you speak, to never judge without knowing, to never give up no matter how long it takes. 

Most of all that love given even in silence to someone whom seems unreachable.  Isn't a sign of weakness, but rather strength in following ones own heart in never giving up the hope that he or she will finally see you...

The Trailer/videos used here is the other adaptation which is being showed/aired in Netflix. And I personally considered it as a hidden gem of a show. MDL Link -> https://mydramalist.com/28323-unrequited-love . I heard the book author of this is also active in the production/script of this show. This is the third part of the Trilogy (My Huckleberry Friends, With You, Unrequited Love) by Ba Yue Chang An. If you want badass(goodly written) of a female lead, watch this show.

This adaptation where Hu Yi Tian is the main lead is not released yet. MDL Link -> https://mydramalist.com/32445-unrequited-love

b53e6675bcc8504940670c2fef6c29c3--girl-cartoon-korean-art.jpg4pbmdc.jpg

5 hours ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

And I personally considered it as a hidden gem of a show.

So true I was sitting here thinking how sad it is that more people have not watched it or joined this thread it's a story so worthy to be shared with others and written about.  Breaks my heart...

The show suffered from production issue iirc, the previous director abandoned the project or it wasn't satisfactory and he quit, and the author had to take over and take additional scenes.

I read the book, and it was my least favourite of the three, largely because of the wishy washy male lead, and some rather melodramatic tropes. However, I loved the writing and I quite liked the female lead and some very nuanced  I was cautiously optimistic about this show. 

The end result is...it stuck fairly close to the book, the closest of three trilogy. But it had IMO way too many love triangles, and supporting characters that sometimes it felt like it lacked focus. Mostly the drama just underwhelmed me, I think it's rather hard to have slice of life drama, because you have to keep the audience attention, but not overuse dramatic tropes, and I think it failed. Some of the more dramatic scenes felt flat for me, some of them passed b without much fanfare.

My favourite bits and I think the best bit were straight out of the book, and rather focused on the feelings. Which make sense, since that's what the author excelled at, a lot of people had unrequited love and it resonated with them.

......oh wait this is Hu Yi Tian's version's thread. lol.  HYT's version is a completely new story, something about start up iirc, which is kind of questionable? I quite like him in Go Go Squid though.

I am really confused because there seem to be different stars featured in the pictures and promotional materials as the lead couple.  Are there two different adaptations of this  story?  One starring Hu Yi Tian and one without?  Could anyone explain, please?

@raziela

Yes there are two adaptations, the posters posted here is the other adaptation where HYT is the main lead, which is not aired yet. It seems like it will be airing by 2020.

The videos, trailers are from the 2019 adaptation and was aired this month by Netflix.

The OST posted above, is also from the 2019 adaptation, but the picture used in the MV is from the other adaptation (2020).

3 hours ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

@raziela

Yes there are two adaptations, the posters posted here is the other adaptation where HYT is the main lead, which is not aired yet. It seems like it will be airing by 2020.

The videos, trailers are from the 2019 adaptation and was aired this month by Netflix.

The OST posted above, is also from the 2019 adaptation, but the picture used in the MV is from the other adaptation (2020).

Thanks so much for the explanation.  How odd they would make two drama adaptations so close together.

20 hours ago, skibbies said:

The show suffered from production issue iirc, the previous director abandoned the project or it wasn't satisfactory and he quit, and the author had to take over and take additional scenes.

I read the book, and it was my least favourite of the three, largely because of the wishy washy male lead, and some rather melodramatic tropes. However, I loved the writing and I quite liked the female lead and some very nuanced  I was cautiously optimistic about this show. 

The end result is...it stuck fairly close to the book, the closest of three trilogy. But it had IMO way too many love triangles, and supporting characters that sometimes it felt like it lacked focus. Mostly the drama just underwhelmed me, I think it's rather hard to have slice of life drama, because you have to keep the audience attention, but not overuse dramatic tropes, and I think it failed. Some of the more dramatic scenes felt flat for me, some of them passed b without much fanfare.

My favourite bits and I think the best bit were straight out of the book, and rather focused on the feelings. Which make sense, since that's what the author excelled at, a lot of people had unrequited love and it resonated with them.

......oh wait this is Hu Yi Tian's version's thread. lol.  HYT's version is a completely new story, something about start up iirc, which is kind of questionable? I quite like him in Go Go Squid though.

Thanks for the in-depth review.  I was surprised we hadn't heard more about it as the other two dramas in the trilogy were received so well but it sounds like this isn't the same calibre as My Huckleberry Friends or With You.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Caught this on Netflix yesterday and binged watched it. I was surprised at the lack of love for it but I imagine that the leads aren't well-known (or acting powerhouses) so the word didn't get around. 

I have to say that this was largely enjoyable except for the frustration of watching the leads and other supporting couples struggling over poor communication and honesty. It's realistic enough though to warrant continued interest.

It's the show that made me think deeply about different kinds relationship dynamics in a way not many romantic shows do. I wasn't depressed by it either like the last couple of Jung Hae-in outings. Whatever its flaws, it felt authentic.

It was a happy ending for the leads although I wished that they didn't saddle Baili with the possibility of reuniting with her first love.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Unrequited Love 暗恋·橘生淮南
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Unrequited Love 暗恋·橘生淮南
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Unrequited Love 暗恋·橘生淮南

So, is this  a combined discussion thread for both the 2019 and 2021 versions, is it??? Anybody watched  the released episodes already??? any views on it???  Subbed upto 8 episodes as of now.  Heard good reviews about it on MDL.

airing schedule

kRJ6w_3f.jpg

cr: MDL

Anybody watching this show?????  Another high school/university drama.  very slow burn romance.  I have watched upto 10 episodes.  Not bad.  But i am kinda angry at the FL for not confessing her love to the ML for 15 years and still hesitating to do so in the university, inspite of being a academic topper, confident, independent girl.  She had a chance when he recollected a childhood incident in which she is involved, but she didnt do so (in ep.9 i think)   

I dont see such a firing chemistry between the leads, but ok.  There are so many annoying secondary characters around the ML an FL, though.    From episode 7 the leads are coming little closer but will they be able to confess to one another????

Bts 

https://youtu.be/Oh55rx24B6g

Cr : as tagged

I'm watching this new one!  And I've watched the older one on Netflix.  Up to Ep 15.

I loved the older version on Netflix.  I found the FL's acting amazing in that one, hidden passion with a restrained poignancy that really fit the heroine of the story.  I am embarassed to say but the actor in that one didn't meet my expectations of a ML that the FL would be so enamoured with for so many years.  

The new one I have mixed feelings about. Hu Yi Tian is a good SHN, and I am enjoying the slow burn.  FL does a good job but the FL in the netflix version has left a deep impression on me. But the thing that is bugging me is that the secondary characters are all very annoying!  I know the story is not just about FL's unrequited love, but the many different unrequited loves of all the characters.  But the antics of all the secondary female characters who are in love with the ML are gob smackingly embarassing, unbelievably stupid and endlessly annoying.   The fast forward button has helped those scenes along nicely.

I am sticking with it though.  I do love the story so am keen to see how this adaptation pans out.

Watched till ep.16 with subs.  Now the interaction between the leads are improving as it progresses and the ML see her in a different light unlike the high school times.  They somehow share same thinking and their conversation is also good.  From the interactions, it seems she will become his pillar and influence in his future life.  She is also very sensible in her talking and that also make one of the reason for him to mingle with her.

But the second FL is too worrisome by creating a big gap between the leads with some reason or the other.   I really hope LZ tell SH that she is the childhood girl he is looking for.   But she had so many chances but she did not reveal it at all.  She could have told him that she is the one who answered his question on the wall and the one who sang that song on the roof top garden.  Still she is hesitating when she had ample chances.  Hope i get a good reason why she did not reveal it to him.  

really look forward to next weeks episodes.  I saw the preview for ep.17-18, where SH is following her without her knowledge as the second FL created a suspicion about her in him.  Too bad!!!!!

Archived