[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Unrequited Love 暗恋·橘生淮南

sugarplum892

i just saw the final episode,  many years have passed( maybe 5 years) since they last saw each other, but they are both very busy with their careers; I am also disappointed, I imagine a wedding for the leads at the end, but it's clearly a happy ending, i'm a little disappointed
but who does Baili end up with? I did not understand her conversations with LZ in the last episode, but I know that in the penultimate episode there was a confraontation between her, her ex, the uncle and the other girl

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

i just saw the final episode,  many years have passed( maybe 5 years) since they last saw each other, but they are both very busy with their careers; I am also disappointed, I imagine a wedding for the leads at the end, but it's clearly a happy ending, i'm a little disappointed
but who does Baili end up with? I did not understand her conversations with LZ in the last episode, but I know that in the penultimate episode there was a confraontation between her, her ex, the uncle and the other girl

Ikr we want a bit more.

Baili is not with anyone. In between she has another relationship ended and she is not longer bother by those messages from Gebi. 

hasn't got a chance to watch the UL these days, had stuck with works. 

i had watched til ep 30... so 8 more to go. Are they already in English Subs?

I know it's been subbed til ep 34 (?) but i don't know the rest episodes... guess still raw?

'thou i haven't watched completely all the episodes, but i saw here and there spoilers on instagram.

and i also had seen the ending spoiler, well it's predictable... as it's only 4 more episodes from our OTP are finally together on episode 34 (?) 

i guess the producer is intended to make it an "open" ending, so there's a chance to make a sequel or 2nd season... althou' i doubt it since this UL's rating is not good (is it?)

anyway, like you guys, i'm also a bit disappointed with the ending,scene, but i still love this drama, it's a sweet one and one of a kind. 

Spoiler

here's the ending scene that i saw on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLeWqufpm-S/

cr. to the owner

i hope there will be a sequel or at least a bonus episodes that make us a bit happy with the ending :grin:

by the way, i really love this OST

cr. to the owner

I love the OST too...so sweet and touching. I get goosebump listening to it again. I also love the casts for SHN, LZ and ZMR.

Its not an open ending. We just want more. Its still a beautiful love story. I m fine with character flaws. No one is perfect esp SHN. 

Well, even i don’t understand Chinese but being curious about what’s happening with our otp in the last 4 episodes, so i watched the raw episode 35-38.

i must say I’m definitely disappointed with SH’s behavior. 
What the.... he just left without saying anything to LZ? And he just left his mobile phone to Mingrui, so it seems Mingrui is the one who always handle SH’s mess relationship? 
I feel sorry for LZ and she still wait for SH for many years. she’s wasting her time waiting for such lousy unreliable bf, imo. 
hell, it’s drama indeed, i should have known about that. 

i never read the novel, anyone know is the story plot like that?

LZ’s undying love for SH is something that i should be respected. Although i think SH doesn’t deserve her love.

i know no one is perfect, but when you can compromise the imperfections, you also can live your life ‘almost’ perfectly.

i think SH can’t compromise himself that he’s not perfect. his background and upbringing influenced his character so much that he has to be perfect all the time. 
that’s my thought to accept SH’s absurd behavior on the last 3 episodes. 

Guess i have to wait for english subs so i can have a better understanding about the whole last episodes.

@juliaajumma, awww, i love your post.  you are right.  

As we had discussed previously like ZMR is not worth of Ruqing, the same applies to LZ.  She is such a gem of a person and she does deserve a better partner unlike SH who is influenced in the start by his ex gf and now making things worse when he faces his family problems which he did not share with her but just disappeared just like that.   LZ is a very smart person and if he had shared his problems with her she would have found him a way and helped him both physically and mentally.    We have seen in many instances she thinks ahead of others and finds a solution every time when either the boys or girls met with problems.   

I ll also need to wait a week for the subs to be released.

@pad-hari

yes, i agree if it’s a healthy normal relationship, both LZ and SH can get through all the issues together.

because it’s drama so it has to be a bit dramatic (as usual :rolleyes:)

Mingrui is definitely my favorite person in this drama (beside LZ). Too bad he didn’t get a girl, but at least some girl has noticed him at the end and not SH :lol:

...and i’m still waiting for eng subs eps 35-38. have no luck searching on youtube.. eerrrr..

and I don’t want to start watching appledog’s time also, the spoilers of that drama is unbelievable! many kisses here and there (too much i think)... such a drastically change for Hu Yitian from SH to Wu Bai :sweat_smile:

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Unrequited Love 暗恋·橘生淮南

Complete few days ago and I did love this version. Sure we suppose to have another version in few month but I did love the slow burn....I didn't watch yet the version 2019..maybe I go dw it hm.

It's take so long time that for SH know she was the little girl he always want to meet again. The subtil change from SH feeling for LZ, the change from LZ who are really strong to keep this ''love'' for so long without let's go...

SH...why I feel he need to suffer a bit. Maybe he didn't love his ex girlfriend but he did go out with her. LZ was always not far from him and he didn't see it. Hearbreak...the feeling was like he need to suffer a bit...actually I like a lot the ending. Each one grow up and work, become mature. I feel like SH didn't deserve LZ  hm...anyway we can see they are ending together..when they sign the book...

Did someone saw in the red book at the end who sign inside ...??

WITH YOU cdrama  (GENG GENG X YU HUAI) couple ....

My Huckleberry Friends cdrama (Yu Zhou Zhou  X Lin Yang) couple:highonflowers:

6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I noticed there's like, multiple dramas sharing the exact same title but with different casts or am I confusing it with other dramas on unrequited love as a topic ha-ha?! 

Hu Yi Tian is in a lot of dramas! I mean he was low profile for awhile~

You are not, I posted about the 2019 one (it's on netflix i think?) on the first page too LOL. This one was going to air on tv but end up being a webdrama, there's an upcoming movie version too. I didn't watch this version so I can't tell you how it compares, douban seemed to have hated it though so rip. 

Hu Yitian's dramas sort of just aired one after another so I think he's almost out of drama reserve lol, sort of like Li Yitong.

@skibbies

Not really a Hu Yi Tian fan, haven't watched him in anything other than A Love So Beautiful. I guess it's also the pandemic that delayed most of the drama release as well. But yea it just seem like he's in several dramas all at once. Have only seen Yi Tong in Royal Nirvana and Blossom in my Heart, Go Go Squid 2. She's alright, too skinny though.

Can't believed am rewatching this drama so soon. Of course i skipped the 2nd n 3rd liners stories. 

This is the best HYT drama for me. Character flaws aside, he impressed me here. Never a fan of his, not even DT-Appledog. The way he brought out SHN vibes is believable. HBQ is more season and she did a great job as LZ too. As for the likeable ZMR, the young actor Zhang Yi Jie is perfect. I cant get enough of the trio yet :wub:

@Latte_Anyday It's provide from the same novel Unrequited Love - Novel Updates and many director/productor bought the licenced from the author and adapted into a drama. We will have another adaptation at the end of 2021 or 2022 the same story....That was the third story from the same universe..from the author Ba Yue Chang An.

I know they have a past serie with a same title and really popular. More than this version. I didn't watch yet. A lot people complaint about the slow interaction between our characters. They add so much angst between them. Until that I feel...hm SH wasn't perfect, isn't fair that he can grab our LZ heart like easily. He need to suffer a bit and more. LZ suffer so much..about this ''unrequited'' relation...

it's probably because the pandemic that delayed most HYT series...that why we saw him everywhere. HYT is the most paid for the actors in China if I read it somewhere....

@skibbies in netflix? I would search it then. Would not download it...

@Cheerie Oh!! already rewatch it? So fast!!!! I have so much other serie to watch and I can't catch at all. The best from HYT? hm, I think it's true he do have more facial inside this serie. His expression wasn't ''freeze'' and we can feel his emotion...I think you right!! I didn't finish DT Appledog but so far...the feeling from him and ''A love so beautiful'' is a same....Cold man who can't expressed his feeling...poor him...in Handsome Sibling too he was like that.

Only in this serie he seem ...more ''human'' ? or The detective serie too he was funny!!

18 hours ago, Cheerie said:

@miaka fy ya i still listen to the ost everyday on spotify so will rewatch slowly in between other dramas. 

Agree Hyt is funny in Detective drama but cant really enjoy that genre.:P

Sure the OST from this drama was really good. Specially the opening song. :wub:

Many person doesn't like this serie because the slow burn..but I like it a lot in this drama. Also dunno why a lot viewers doesn't like the ending. I feel it's simply end the way viewers can imagine the after story. We can see it's a happy ending. Not like other romance drama where we saw a wedding and everything like that. But just a simple way...like the drama ending said...we not need to see it that they will be forever happy.

Oh about the HYT serie detective ''My Roomate is a detective'' I finish it but wasn't into it. I did like the mirror case and to find the murder ....

Remember all good part from LZ X SH :hooray2: Please it's a spoiler if you didn't watch yet 

Credit to the owner 

On 3/14/2021 at 3:39 AM, miaka fy said:

Also dunno why a lot viewers doesn't like the ending. I feel it's simply end the way viewers can imagine the after story. We can see it's a happy ending.

It's not like I don't like the ending.  What I think is when they invested so much time in slow burn romance, they should have given a little more time for their reunion.  Atleast an explanation from SHN to LZ why he left her and suddenly they had a time jump of both successful in their own careers.  They left everything to viewers discretion.  We know it's a HE, atleast a sweet kiss for making up all the time when they were separated.  This show is not everyone's cup of tea.  Only some who are very patient and tolerant can finish this beautiful show.  I liked both the leads HYT, HBQ and their friends ZMR and the actress who acted as Jiang Baili.  I found the actor who acted as GB to be attractive and he acted well for his first drama.

On 3/14/2021 at 4:36 PM, pad-hari said:

It's not like I don't like the ending.  What I think is when they invested so much time in slow burn romance, they should have given a little more time for their reunion.  Atleast an explanation from SHN to LZ why he left her and suddenly they had a time jump of both successful in their own careers.  They left everything to viewers discretion.  We know it's a HE, atleast a sweet kiss for making up all the time when they were separated.  This show is not everyone's cup of tea.  Only some who are very patient and tolerant can finish this beautiful show.  I liked both the leads HYT, HBQ and their friends ZMR and the actress who acted as Jiang Baili.  I found the actor who acted as GB to be attractive and he acted well for his first drama.

I think they want to make SH suffer a bit. Actually we can feel the pain from LZ in each episode, we want SH suffer a bit and I think that why they make a ending like that. You right that this story was really a long slow burn and until the last 10 episode that SH happen to know he love this girl. He do really love this ''soulmate'' who understand him completely. But...he was a bit stupid to knowing just right now...and we viewers suffer so much and feel painful when LZ crying. Like you said in early post, lz IS A GEM and it's true! She is a ROCK who never let's go her own feeling. She was a REAL woman who know what she want. 

Only some who are very patient and tolerant can finish this beautiful show

OMG:hooray2: I just love the way you write it!!!! True, only people who understand that love, maturity, serenity and patient will understand how beautiful this story is. How LOVE isn't about a super cheezy situation that you would live with a beautiful pink color...LOVE is cultivate, take time to form, change, mutated....to become true love. Time is real ANSWER for real love. Isn't because you fall in love that you will have a happy ending. You need some situation to strenght it and grow up together to a gray old person. 

At least a sweet kiss? I feel the way they meet each other and keep sticky the ''regard'', it's the better way than a simple kiss ^^ 

Do we need to have a physical skinship to know that we love each other? Sometime, one word, eye, gesture....is the best way to said...I love You 

Agree..  their romance is so sweet and touching. Love all the small talks they had after getting together... SHN confession of love ... LZ said i want to hear it from you, no more hear say. The short time at Harbin during new year was really sweet. We didnt get enough, right?

Archived