Network: MBC

Genre: Sageuk, Romance

Episodes: 40 (2 back-to-back episodes)

Airdate: July 17th - September 26th, 2019

Airtime: Wed & Thu @ 21:00 KST

Director: Kang Il Soo, Han Hyun Hee

Writer: Kim Ho Soo

Synopsis:

The drama will tell the story of women in the 19th century who were frowned upon for writing historical records. In the drama, Shin Se Kyung will play Goo Hae Ryung, an intern to become a palace historian. She takes one step at a time to create her own destiny in Joseon, where the Confusion ideas are deeply rooted. She wants to fulfill her duties as a historian and prove to the world that everyone is equal.

Cast:

Shin Se Kyung as Goo Hae Ryung

She will plant the seeds of ‘change’ in a Confucian society where woman and man are seen and treated differently. She is trying to grab her own destiny. She enters the palace as an intern palace historian. She has a mysterious relationship with YiRim.

rookie1.jpg

ASTRO'S Cha Eun Woo as Lee Rim

The prince has never dated. He lives a lonely life in the palace. But, at the same time, he is a popular writer of romance novels. He has a double life. In the middle of his life, he met the ‘stalker’ Goo HaeRyung.

rookie2.jpg

Park Ki Woong as Lee Jin

Older brother of Lee Rim. He is very caring for his younger brother

rookie3.jpg

Other cast:

Lee Ji Hoon as Min Woo Won

Park Ji Hyun as Song Sa Hee

Gong Jung Hwan

Kim Min Sang

Choi Duk Moon

Jun Ik Ryung

Kim Yeo Jin 

Sung Ji Roo

Yang Jo Ah

Lee Ye Rim

Character Chart:

cast-v3.jpg

OST

Part 1

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung - 신입사관 구해령 - Shin Se Kyung - Premieres in July
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LMZgUma.png
Hg8EZvm.gif
  • Drama: Rookie Historian Goo Hae-Ryung (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Shinibsagwan Goohaeryung
  • Hangul: 신입사관 구해령
  • Director: Kang Il-Soo, Han Hyun-Hee
  • Writer: Kim Ho-Soo
  • Network: MBC
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: July, 2019 --
  • Runtime: Wednesdays & Thursdays 22:00 (35 minutes each / 2 episodes per day)
  • Language: Korean

x74EMIX.png

Hg8EZvm.gif

Set in the early 19th century. Goo Hae-Ryung (Shin Se-Kyung) works as a historian. Female historians like Goo Hae-Ryung are generally looked down upon because of their gender. Yet, Goo Hae-Ryung fulfills her duty as a historian. She gets involved with Prince Lee Rim( Cha Eun Woo). 

Source:Asiawiki

LpIs1kH.png

Hg8EZvm.gif

Cha Eun Woo as Prince Lee Rim 

Shin Se Kyung as Goo Hae Ryung 

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Cha Eun Woo Confirmed To Join Shin Se Kyung In Upcoming Historical Drama

Cha Eun Woo Confirmed To Join Shin Se Kyung In Upcoming Historical Drama

ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo has chosen his next drama!

On March 4, Fantagio Entertainment announced that Cha Eun Woo has confirmed his appearance in MBC’s upcoming drama “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” (literal title).

“Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” is a fictional historical drama that tells the story of women in the 19th century who were frowned upon for writing historical records. The drama will fight against outdated prejudice on the basis of gender and social status and show the value of change. It was previously confirmed that Shin Se Kyung will take on the female lead role in the drama.

In the drama, Cha Eun Woo will take on the role of Prince Yi Rim. While second in line to the throne, the prince lives a double life as a lonely prince who has never dated anyone and a popular romance novelist who has the city of Hanyang in the palm of his hands. While juggling both worlds, he meets the intern historian Goo Hae Ryung (played by Shin Se Kyung) and learns of love and the world outside the palace.

With the upcoming drama, Cha Eun Woo will be taking on his first-ever lead role in a major network’s drama. Through his agency, Cha Eun Woo said, “The script was very intriguing, and I found the topic of female historians refreshing. Most of all, the character ‘Yi Rim’ made my heart flutter. I would like to portray the growth of Yi Rim who was born to have a lonely destiny and is clumsy at everything he does.”

He concluded, “I will try my best to show improvement. I ask for your continued interest [in the drama].”

“Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” is scheduled to premiere sometime in July 2019.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1307539wpp/cha-eun-woo-confirmed-to-join-shin-se-kyung-in-upcoming-historical-drama

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung - 신입사관 구해령 - Shin Se Kyung & Cha Eun Woo - Premieres in July
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령 - Shin Se Kyung & Cha Eun Woo - Premieres in July

Park Ki Woong To Join Cha Eun Woo And Shin Se Kyung In New MBC Drama

Apr 1, 2019
by E. Cha

Park Ki Woong has officially joined the cast of MBC’s upcoming drama “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” (working title)!

“Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” is a new fictional historical drama about women sowing the seeds of change and progress by fighting against prejudice in the 19th century.

The drama previously confirmed that Shin Se Kyung will be starring in the titular role of Goo Hae Ryung, an aspiring palace historian who dreams of a society where everyone is equal. Meanwhile, ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo will be starring as Prince Lee Rim, a lonely prince who is second in line to the throne and leads a double life as a popular romance novelist. The drama will also feature Lee Ji Hoon and Park Ji Hyun as two very different historians.

On April 2, “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” announced that Park Ki Woong would also be starring in the drama as Crown Prince Lee Jin, the loving older brother of Prince Lee Rim. Not only does Lee Jin dote on his younger brother, but he is an unselfish and idealistic prince who is unafraid to stand up against those who are driven by their own personal greed.

The producers of the drama remarked, “The heart-fluttering romance led by Shin Se Kyung, Cha Eun Woo, Park Ki Woong, Lee Ji Hoon, and Park Ji Hyun will be exciting and fun to watch, and the weighty story of the people who tried to transform Joseon will touch viewers’ hearts. We ask that you show a lot of interest and support for ‘Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung.'”

“Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” is currently scheduled to begin airing on Wednesdays and Thursdays in July of this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! Tentatively following this drama. Cha eunwoo is still a bit green, but I think he has good potential(IMO, gangnam beauty was a tricky role for a newbie, playing a super stoic/cold character), so we'll see. I am a fan of his though, so can't promise I'm not biased on that front, ha. Shin se kyung has had her best performances is sageuks, but they were penned by kim young hyun, a very strong writer. She does suit sageuks well in general, though, so there's that going for her. I'm definitely thrilled about park ki woong and lee ji hoon- they're both very good and quite a bit underrated? 

As for the writer lee ho soo, she/he did work on solomon's perjury, which was great(though it wasn't lee's original material, we have seen many Japanese to Korean remakes gone wrong, so kudos either way) . We'll see what she can do with a [fictional] historical. The PD, who did solomon's perjury with her, does have quite a bit of sageuk experience with sea god and kingdom of the winds, both of which I enjoyed. Nothing to worry here. 

Some more news- Ji Gun Woo, a rookie actor, has also been cast. He's from fantagio, the same agency as cha eunwoo, if anyone cares about that, lol.  https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=009&aid=0004340189

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, yay! I'm so looking forward to this drama. Fell in love with Eunwoo after Gangnam Beauty, and I'm currently loving Six Flying Dragons with Shin Sekyung. And, as has been mentioned, the supporting cast looks great. Plus, I really enjoy the apparent focus on women's mobility in that time.

Here's some pics of Eunwoo filming + food trucks from Astro's twitter, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

The poster looks gorgeous! I love their outfits and gazes, plus the aesthetic of the background. Reactions from this Naver article seem pretty positive, too. 

I liked Shin Sekyung in The Girl Who Sees Smells and Six Flying Dragons, though I haven't seen her in anything else. International fans seem very divided about her, but I've been satisfied by those two performances! I'll be interested to see what kind of chemistry she and Eunwoo have.

Script reading pictures are finally here! 

201906030809202410_1_20190603081224652.j

source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000118073 

Some bigger pictures here: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000998739

So excited to see the veterans in this show. kim yeojin, sung ji roo, choi deok moon... can't go wrong with these actors. Hope eunwoo learned a lot.

There's been some question about the two leads' acting abilities but as always, I say it's not to late to judge after the drama starts airing, lol. I feel like it was a bit hard to pass complete judgement on eunwoo's acting with gangnam beauty given the character(a cold, stoic one is a tough one tbh), and international fans' complaining about shin sekyung is a bit ignorant given her best performances were consistently in sageuks. No doubt kim young hyun(who wrote all the sageuks shin has been in pre-goo hae ryung) is a top notch writer, but it's pretty clear she simply fits the vibe of sageuks very well too. Skepticism over the leads isn't unwarranted but I think this one is worth keeping an eye out for. I did love solomon's perjury so I'll be very curious to see how the writer tackles a fairly un-serious drama, and a sageuk at that. (of course, we'll have serious plot lines as well, but the general vibe is in the fluff-territory) 

Archived