Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

I don't think the scenes are shot in order within an episode, so it's not entirely clear how it will end.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2019 at 10:35 PM, kangminjae said:

ROFL, he may be a rookie, but I have faith he will have learned to move his mouth by the end of the show. Maybe the director is saving it for a wedding kiss. :lol: (I'm mostly kidding, I'll just have to accept the kisses as they are!)

I'm hoping for a wedding too so I am on the same page as you (again!):lol: yes, especially after seeing that scene where the Empress Dowager asking GHR to sit in and join them for the drinking:

Our couple hands actually touched when Prince Lee Rim wanted to pour her the wine:wub:

There were moments of touching scenes for our couple throughout ep.33--36. Going through the investigation just makes their relationship more meaningful and deeper. Hands down to the leads who can emote so well in those emotional scenes.

The flashback scene of the historian who was executed was sad : he would sacrifice his life to keep his historical records safe from those evil hands.

:lol:the writer didnt forget to inject some humour too.

This housekeeper cracks me up each time:

Spoiler

Oh btw I am so surprised to see them having the wrapup party so soon:

(Credit to IG owner)

• Like 5

So pretty & handsome... wishing them on modern drama next? Haha

• Like 7
  • Love 1

So far, I’ve searched the MV in Youtube for this drama, but I haven’t found one with “official” label. Just wondering though, whether we will get MV for CEW’s song with him singing/recording it. I always like to watch MV of OST, in which the main lead sings, and the MV shows the recording of the song by the lead. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mundaliv said:

So far, I’ve searched the MV in Youtube for this drama, but I haven’t found one with “official” label. Just wondering though, whether we will get MV for CEW’s song with him singing/recording it. I always like to watch MV of OST, in which the main lead sings, and the MV shows the recording of the song by the lead. 

Yeah, Eun Woo had it when he sang the OST for Gangnam Beauty so I expected to have another one for this too.. but sadly I haven't find it anywhere too.

I love seeing the photos of the wrap up party! They all must've gotten pretty close after shooting together for 5-6 months.

And for Se Kyung & Eun Woo, they've filmed very heartfelt moments together like the break-up scene and the last ep where he cried in her arms, I feel that they must've grown some affection towards each other too (I don't mean romantic feelings) because they'll have to be immersed in the characters to be able to film those scenes well, which they did very well. I hope the cast will remain as good friends!

I found this post by the actor who played the scribe, in the 2nd pic it looks like a huge scene where almost all the cast were gathered in one place.. I wonder what's happening there. That must be the day where they took the big group photo.

• Like 4

On 9/18/2019 at 2:58 PM, shunnie said:

Wow, many things are being revealed in this episode, although most of them are things that we've guessed already.

And we've learned the Queen Dowager's goal.. Although I'm not sure if she actually wants Rim to take the throne because she cares for him, or only to get revenge for her son's death 20 years ago.

Now I'm curious what kind of deal was made between Queen Dowager and the King that he has to keep Rim alive and his identity hidden from Councillor Min.

As for the romance, I don't think there will be much space for it until the royal family issues are resolved, but I love how they still treat each other amicably despite their history and they even teamed up to investigate the mysteries.

I think the Queen Dowager was not pleased with one brother killing the other.  She has affection for both the CP and Rim; however, Rim, being the dethroned king's son, is the true heir to the throne.  The Queen Dowager told her son, if he did not keep Rim safe, she would commit suicide and; therefore, disgrace the king's reign.  I would have thought that the king would have taken care of Rim, or at least given him special attention, because he killed his father and caused him to become an orphan.  The hateful way the king treats Rim, makes me believe that he has no remorse for staging a coup, killing his brother and usurping the throne.  I understand a new way of thinking was infiltrating their old customs and Catholicism was creeping in; however,  wouldn't it have been better to find a compromise than to raise and army and kill your brother, who happens to be the king?

I love how the CP always looks out for Rim and genuinely cares for him.  Their relationship is so beautiful.  I hope that even when Rim learns of his past, he will remember his brother's love for him and not turn against him.  I do not think the CP knows that Rim in not the King's son because if Rim's mother was also killed on the day he was born, the CP would have been too young to know what was going on and probably only remember Rim being a part of  the family from Rim's birth. 

• Like 3

I don’t want Ye Rim to be king and I’m sure he doesn’t want to be king either. Ye Jin would be a good king although he seemed to have wanted to live freely too. I don’t think the brothers would turn against each other. They are both kind hearted and genuinely care for one another. 

The current king is indeed a mean person but I somehow see the state minister as the true villain behind the happenings years ago. It seemed like it was his plot to dethrone and execute the former king and slaughter all the medical students and he used the current king as the prop to restore the government since only those of the royal line can be king. He knew he would still be the one with true power anyway as many times these ministers seem to wield more power than the actual king. 

• Like 6

Yes, Rim and Jin have such a brotherly, loving relationship so far and both of them are not ambitious people, so I don’t see Jin & Rim fighting for the throne. I think they will fight to give up the throne for one another instead, lol.

I think Rim would feel that Jin is much more worthy as a king than him, and Rim would rather explore a life outside the palace instead of spending the rest of his life being confined in the palace once again. I just wonder if the system actually allow him to give up the throne after they discover he’s the true heir.

Preview stills for tomorrow's episode!

640475_433196_1049.jpg

640475_433197_116.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, shunnie said:

Yes, Rim and Jin have such a brotherly, loving relationship so far and both of them are not ambitious people, so I don’t see Jin & Rim fighting for the throne. I think they will fight to give up the throne for one another instead, lol.

I think Rim would feel that Jin is much more worthy as a king than him, and Rim would rather explore a life outside the palace instead of spending the rest of his life being confined in the palace once again. I just wonder if the system actually allow him to give up the throne after they discover he’s the true heir.

I agree about them deferring to each other. And it's possible that Rim and Jin will decide to keep the knowledge between them, instead of spreading the news that Rim is the true king. There's no need to switch out  the CP if no one knows about, right? All they need to do is eliminate the Second  State Councilor, subdue the King, and convince the Queen Dowager to see things their way.

As for the idea that Jin feels trapped too, @celebrianna, I agree. But at the same time, he's been raised to be king. And if anything, he may feel he owes it to his brother to stay in the palace so that Rim can finally have the life he's always wanted. I just think the most satisfying outcome is Rim being freed from the constraints of his birth, and therefore free to live however Haeryung would like. Which is all he wants lmao.

If it doesn't end with the two of them traveling to (or planning to travel to) a foreign place together, then I don't know anything about narratives!

• Like 7

Thanks @shunnie for the preview stills! Prince Dowon is looking much more mature in comparison with earlier episodes. Seems that the prince is actually growing and become adult throughout the drama! 

Seeing the discussion on who should be the King. I also think Crown Prince should be the next King... although Dowon has the right. Crown Prince is a very wise person, I think he is suitable especially considering the age. Dowon still needs to learn many things. And also so that he can be with HaeRyung!! They can travel together to learn many things. When the time comes, he can be the next king after Yi Jin. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, mundaliv said:

Thanks @shunnie for the preview stills! Prince Dowon is looking much more mature in comparison with earlier episodes. Seems that the prince is actually growing and become adult throughout the drama! 

Seeing the discussion on who should be the King. I also think Crown Prince should be the next King... although Dowon has the right. Crown Prince is a very wise person, I think he is suitable especially considering the age. Dowon still needs to learn many things. And also so that he can be with HaeRyung!! They can travel together to learn many things. When the time comes, he can be the next king after Yi Jin. 

Joining in the discussion as who should be king, I think the CP should be king, but make Dowon's son (if he has one) the next CP.  That way the crown revert back to the rightful lineage.  I am sure if the CP went the route the Queen Dowager would support it.

• Like 5

I started on this drama a little while ago and am finally all caught up! Am loving it so much, so I’m surprised the forum is so slow and quiet...

Gonna try to back read now before I post my questions, cos I have a few...

• Like 5

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I started on this drama a little while ago and am finally all caught up! Am loving it so much, so I’m surprised the forum is so slow and quiet...

Yes I am a little surprised too considering the leads have quite a number of fans :sweatingbullets:.

Btw seems like lots of Chinese fans enjoy this drama -  over at Weibo discussion thread, there are over 10k comments (with 40 millions views).

this 'heartbreaking' scene has evoked sadness and pity -:blink:

(the fans are crying with him :P some 'cute' comments:

"Heartbreaking, poor thing"

"It's ok, we love u, hug hug"

"Dont ask him, I love you"

"He cries so beautifully"

"He is adorable"

"Female lead pls hug him"

"His hat is getting in the way"

"That damn hat"

"U still have your brother"

"Both are crying so painfully"

"Great acting"

"Both pitiful babies. They  are in the same boat"

"They both have love from their brothers"

"Dont cry dont cry, so heartbreaking"

*video clip source: weibo

Arghhh.. hoping we will get more happy scenes once our couple gets past their hurdles. Fighting to our couple!:wub:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, G.r.a.s.s said:

His hat is getting in the way

Haha @ that comment when I scrolled down and just saw a picture of GHR holding back tears while hugging a hat. 

• LOL 4

Omg!!! Why does it feel like the plot is just beginning to unfold at ep 19??? This should've been brought out at around ep 15-16. I miss our main couple so much, I can cry :bawling:

I won't accept and open ending for this drama. They marketed this as a fusion romcom saeguk. In reality we should still be getting more fluff and love from the main couple but no huhuhuhu. Don't get me wrong I loved the angst but it feels so rushed. 

It could get away if this drama has 24 eps or didn't go around beating the bush somewhere within the middle eps. 

• Like 3

And we haven't heard ost 5 and ost 6 yet right?? Gosh I'm so impatient with the last ep. I just wanna see how the writer will tie everything up nicely in just an hour. 

• Like 3

Very serious episode.. Hopefully there will be enough time for our couple to have their love story final scene tomorrow. 

Dissapointed with Crown Prince today.. Let’s just wait for the final one tomorrow. I miss the laughter this drama brought in before episode 16.

• Like 1