[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

0ly40

I don’t want Ye Rim to be king and I’m sure he doesn’t want to be king either. Ye Jin would be a good king although he seemed to have wanted to live freely too. I don’t think the brothers would turn against each other. They are both kind hearted and genuinely care for one another. 

The current king is indeed a mean person but I somehow see the state minister as the true villain behind the happenings years ago. It seemed like it was his plot to dethrone and execute the former king and slaughter all the medical students and he used the current king as the prop to restore the government since only those of the royal line can be king. He knew he would still be the one with true power anyway as many times these ministers seem to wield more power than the actual king. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Rim and Jin have such a brotherly, loving relationship so far and both of them are not ambitious people, so I don’t see Jin & Rim fighting for the throne. I think they will fight to give up the throne for one another instead, lol.

I think Rim would feel that Jin is much more worthy as a king than him, and Rim would rather explore a life outside the palace instead of spending the rest of his life being confined in the palace once again. I just wonder if the system actually allow him to give up the throne after they discover he’s the true heir.

Preview stills for tomorrow's episode!

640475_433196_1049.jpg

640475_433197_116.jpg

2 hours ago, shunnie said:

Yes, Rim and Jin have such a brotherly, loving relationship so far and both of them are not ambitious people, so I don’t see Jin & Rim fighting for the throne. I think they will fight to give up the throne for one another instead, lol.

I think Rim would feel that Jin is much more worthy as a king than him, and Rim would rather explore a life outside the palace instead of spending the rest of his life being confined in the palace once again. I just wonder if the system actually allow him to give up the throne after they discover he’s the true heir.

I agree about them deferring to each other. And it's possible that Rim and Jin will decide to keep the knowledge between them, instead of spreading the news that Rim is the true king. There's no need to switch out  the CP if no one knows about, right? All they need to do is eliminate the Second  State Councilor, subdue the King, and convince the Queen Dowager to see things their way.

As for the idea that Jin feels trapped too, @celebrianna, I agree. But at the same time, he's been raised to be king. And if anything, he may feel he owes it to his brother to stay in the palace so that Rim can finally have the life he's always wanted. I just think the most satisfying outcome is Rim being freed from the constraints of his birth, and therefore free to live however Haeryung would like. Which is all he wants lmao.

If it doesn't end with the two of them traveling to (or planning to travel to) a foreign place together, then I don't know anything about narratives!

Thanks @shunnie for the preview stills! Prince Dowon is looking much more mature in comparison with earlier episodes. Seems that the prince is actually growing and become adult throughout the drama! 

Seeing the discussion on who should be the King. I also think Crown Prince should be the next King... although Dowon has the right. Crown Prince is a very wise person, I think he is suitable especially considering the age. Dowon still needs to learn many things. And also so that he can be with HaeRyung!! They can travel together to learn many things. When the time comes, he can be the next king after Yi Jin. 

8 hours ago, mundaliv said:

Thanks @shunnie for the preview stills! Prince Dowon is looking much more mature in comparison with earlier episodes. Seems that the prince is actually growing and become adult throughout the drama! 

Seeing the discussion on who should be the King. I also think Crown Prince should be the next King... although Dowon has the right. Crown Prince is a very wise person, I think he is suitable especially considering the age. Dowon still needs to learn many things. And also so that he can be with HaeRyung!! They can travel together to learn many things. When the time comes, he can be the next king after Yi Jin. 

Joining in the discussion as who should be king, I think the CP should be king, but make Dowon's son (if he has one) the next CP.  That way the crown revert back to the rightful lineage.  I am sure if the CP went the route the Queen Dowager would support it.

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I started on this drama a little while ago and am finally all caught up! Am loving it so much, so I’m surprised the forum is so slow and quiet...

Yes I am a little surprised too considering the leads have quite a number of fans :sweatingbullets:.

Btw seems like lots of Chinese fans enjoy this drama -  over at Weibo discussion thread, there are over 10k comments (with 40 millions views).

this 'heartbreaking' scene has evoked sadness and pity -:blink:

(the fans are crying with him :P some 'cute' comments:

"Heartbreaking, poor thing"

"It's ok, we love u, hug hug"

"Dont ask him, I love you"

"He cries so beautifully"

"He is adorable"

"Female lead pls hug him"

"His hat is getting in the way"

"That damn hat"

"U still have your brother"

"Both are crying so painfully"

"Great acting"

"Both pitiful babies. They  are in the same boat"

"They both have love from their brothers"

"Dont cry dont cry, so heartbreaking"

*video clip source: weibo

Arghhh.. hoping we will get more happy scenes once our couple gets past their hurdles. Fighting to our couple!:wub:

Omg!!! Why does it feel like the plot is just beginning to unfold at ep 19??? This should've been brought out at around ep 15-16. I miss our main couple so much, I can cry :bawling:

I won't accept and open ending for this drama. They marketed this as a fusion romcom saeguk. In reality we should still be getting more fluff and love from the main couple but no huhuhuhu. Don't get me wrong I loved the angst but it feels so rushed. 

It could get away if this drama has 24 eps or didn't go around beating the bush somewhere within the middle eps. 

Very serious episode.. Hopefully there will be enough time for our couple to have their love story final scene tomorrow. 

Dissapointed with Crown Prince today.. Let’s just wait for the final one tomorrow. I miss the laughter this drama brought in before episode 16.

Wow, Yejin sure is a huge disappointment. I know he’s human and probably wants to protect himself and his lousy dad but I was still holding out hope that he would act righteously by the historians and the dead students. His dad finally told him the truth about Yerim. Anyway, he rejected Hae Ryung and the historians’ petition to investigate who ordered the historians in the past to alter the records during the dethronement incident. He also put Yerim under house arrest because Yerim threatened that he will reveal the truth of what happened years ago since he denied the petition of the historians. Yerim wants to see those behind the setup punished and so does Hae Ryung.

Well, I just hope Yerim, Hae Ryung and the other historians are able to reveal the truth. It was a HUGE lie that led to the murder of the students and dethronement of the king. The place they destroyed was simply an educational facility and the supposed letter from the king was entirely fabricated. He never talked about Catholicism or converting his country to that religion. It was Hae Ryung’s brother who switched the letter most likely under the second minister monster’s command. 

The episode was very good and Yerim and his grandmother and Hae Ryung and her brother had tear-jerking confrontations that left me a weeping mess. Both leads were able to reconcile their hurts with their loved ones. It was so sweet when Hae Ryung told her brother she didn’t resent him after figuring out what he did because she lived watching him punishing himself all these years. Yerim’s grandmother, on the other hand, seem to can’t acquiesce to his plea that he wants to let go of everything. I kind of understand her because like she told Yerim her precious son died unjustly and she couldn’t let her precious grandson die too and that’s why she made the deal with the current king.

this episode was so good .CP's attitude is  disappointing but i want to believe that he is in a state of turmoil, doesn't really know what to do and is trying to obey his father .so far he has been quite honorable, but this is literally a matter of life and death and he needs time to process it .

the scene where GHR forgives her brother is so beautiful and emotionally heart rendering but i'm glad she chose a path of forgiveness rather than resentment .as for yirim my heart's been breaking for him since the last 3 episodes but i'm hopeful things will work out for all of them .

in tomorrow's preview ghr and yirim hold hands and run off somewhere ,well let's see what tomorrow brings. i am so proud of how he is fighting to get to the root of the matter and claim his heritage ,not necessarily the throne but to get to the truth of what happened ,clear and bear his father's name .my baby eunwoo is killing it .

I was so moved by Rim/Queen Dowager and Haeryung/Jaegyung, as heart-wrenching as both scenes were. But then Yi Jin had to go and break my whole heart with his reaction. I feel like he has to turn back and protect Rim, or else have something up his sleeve to stop the Second State Councilor, tomorrow. But for now I'm very disappointed in him.

Also, I can't believe there's only an hour left of this show! I really hope we get a satisfactory resolution for the palace and a romantic happy ending for our babies.

5 hours ago, G.r.a.s.s said:

Yes I am a little surprised too considering the leads have quite a number of fans :sweatingbullets:.

Btw seems like lots of Chinese fans enjoy this drama -  over at Weibo discussion thread, there are over 10k comments (with 40 millions views).

i have looked up some other recent dramas on soompi forum and looks like traffic is just very slow on the forum generally but there are lots of topics about the drama on reddit  and other viewing sites.

Okay, I didn't expect Jin to react strongly like that.. But I still hope his love for Rim will triumph over his desire for the throne.

At this point I think the reality struck him too hard so he's still in denial and isn't ready to accept the truth, so he's kind of lashing out at Rim. But we know Jin is better man than that.. I'll be really disappointed at him if he isn't.

As for Rim, I don't see him actually eyeing to take over the throne, but more of wanting to set the truth free and punish the people behind the injustice that his father and Seoraewon people suffered 20 years ago.

I wish we still have 2-3 more episodes to wrap everything up... I'm a bit worried the last episode will feel rushed.

12 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

I was so moved by Rim/Queen Dowager and Haeryung/Jaegyung, as heart-wrenching as both scenes were. But then Yi Jin had to go and break my whole heart with his reaction. I feel like he has to turn back and protect Rim, or else have something up his sleeve to stop the Second State Councilor, tomorrow. But for now I'm very disappointed in him.

Also, I can't believe there's only an hour left of this show! I really hope we get a satisfactory resolution for the palace and a romantic happy ending for our babies.

me too , seems like so much stuff is going on that should have started a while back but im confident it will all be sorted out .writers pls dont give us any open ended finale just settle all the scores. min ik pyeong needs to go though ,whether his head is chopped off or his limbs are chopped off he needs to leave joseon  dead or alive

@may Robinson, it is indeed a matter of life and death but other people already died a horribly unfair death because of this matter. That’s why I say Yejin is protecting himself and his father.  I can only hope he comes to his senses soon but it looks like Yerim and Hae Ryung are going to extremes in the preview to prevent the coverup of the past. Both Yerim and Hae Ryung’s fathers died horribly unfairly from the portion of the truth that has already been revealed. And if there really wasn’t a fire where there was smoke, second minister monster wouldn’t be so hurried to cover it all up. I hope in this final episode I get the satisfaction of seeing him executed or hearing he was executed. How much blood he has on his hands is probably a lot more than we know from the show. It would be unfair to those he had murdered if the writer doesn’t kill him off. 

Archived