[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

0ly40

15 minutes ago, shunnie said:

As for the romance, I don't think there will be much space for it until the royal family issues are resolved, but I love how they still treat each other amicably despite their history and they even teamed up to investigate the mysteries.

Yes! I think that, more than anything else, shows how compatible they are. Even Yi Rim, who was as naive as a child not 4 episodes ago, is more than capable of setting aside his hurt feelings for Haeryung's comfort - not to mention for the palace proceedings and now the sake of a larger investigation.

And I don't need a big, dramatic reunion. As long as things are resolved and Haeryung is willing to be with him (while maintaining her position and job), they should be just fine.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still quite fine with tonight's ep despite the lack of romance. The closest thing we got was both Hae Ryung and Rim protecting wach other. I especially loved Hae Ryung being like a black knight trying to save Rim (she was so brave in that one!) and then Rim returning the care and protecting her. Loved that one! 

I feel like we'll be facing much more emotional scenes later. It seems to me like Hae Ryung will be shipped out to Qing to save her life (gosh will there will be a lot more tears and farewells tonight)

1 hour ago, SuperTank said:

I'm still quite fine with tonight's ep despite the lack of romance. The closest thing we got was both Hae Ryung and Rim protecting wach other. I especially loved Hae Ryung being like a black knight trying to save Rim (she was so brave in that one!) and then Rim returning the care and protecting her. Loved that one! 

I feel like we'll be facing much more emotional scenes later. It seems to me like Hae Ryung will be shipped out to Qing to save her life (gosh will there will be a lot more tears and farewells tonight)

Eventhough there is lack of romance, they protect each other is very romantic indeed.  Especially he hugged her, so she is not scared. 

I also love how she is still the clever one thinking about the arrow. This drama sticks to its path. And also I love how Crown Prince said that he is wrong also, to show how the rumour cannot only blame the woman, but the man is also responsible. It’s how gender equality should be right. 

Reflection on today’s episode:

the episode today was really constructed and acted out really well. I personally disagree with people who say that this episode did not have romance. I liked all the dialogues between Hae Ryung and the prince. You could see how much they care for each other. I loved how Hae Ryung jumped to reach the prince when he was in danger and I loved how the prince tried to cover her when he noticed her fear. In my opinion romance is not just the lovey dovey moments between both leads. It has to go deeper than that. I see many people thinking that enough for people to be happy. But the reality is totally different and I like that the writer is showing us more of a realistic relationship. In this episode, we could see how deeply our leads care for each other, yet how good they work together even when they r at disagreement about this love.  That’s the win win situation for a relationship.

I like  how the CP left everything behind to come for his bother. I’m still loving their relationship as bothers and at the same time I feel sad that the future revelations might affect their love and commitment to each other but I hope it won’t. I have already said in a previous post that I can’t imagine how the leads will feel when the truth is discovered about their identity. I have to say I feel equally distressed for both the CP and officer min. Both men just showed how amazing both of them in their own ways. I’m sure both will be devastated too considering that their families is also implicated in the matter. 

I kinda feel that the queen mother has something to do with the attack on the prince. I’m not yet sure, but it might be part of her plan to have prince rim as the future king. She seams determined to have him as the future king and is planning accordingly.

I also have a lot of mixed feeling about the plan of the queen mother to have prince rim as the future king. I’m not sure if he himself wants that. Through out the drama, he only showed support for his brother and respected him as the future king. He never showed any internet in being the king. So, what his grandmother want for him might be a total opposite of what he wants for himself. Also,  I worry about the relationship between the prince and Hae Ryung. It’s kinda difficult now, but has he to become a future king, it would be kinda of impossible for them to be together. He would  be expected to make a marriage for political reasons not love and he will never get the chance to leave the place.

Hae Ryung is still for me what a heroine in a drama should be about. I just love her character. She is so relatable to many of us girls out there. A girl who is smart and strong (but not in ur face strong). She depend on herself and have a dreams of her own and don’t expect they guy to do things for her. I could say much about how much I admire her character. 

To much to reflect on. But I will finish for now and look forward to the next episode. 

37 minutes ago, sirena82 said:

Reflection on today’s episode:

the episode today was really constructed and acted out really well. I personally disagree with people who say that this episode did not have romance. I liked all the dialogues between Hae Ryung and the prince. You could see how much they care for each other. I loved how Hae Ryung jumped to reach the prince when he was in danger and I loved how the prince tried to cover her when he noticed her fear. In my opinion romance is not just the lovey dovey moments between both leads. It has to go deeper than that. I see many people thinking that enough for people to be happy. But the reality is totally different and I like that the writer is showing us more of a realistic relationship. In this episode, we could see how deeply our leads care for each other, yet how good they work together even when they r at disagreement about this love.  That’s the win win situation for a relationship.

Yes! This exactly. We saw how much they care about each other, and even heard Haeryung say, "how we feel about each other" because she's not trying to deny it even if they're in an impossible situation. 

Also, it's nice that the mystery is coming to a head with 3 episodes left because that actually does leave room for lovey dovey goodness in the final episode, lol.

2 hours ago, mundaliv said:

I also love how she is still the clever one thinking about the arrow. This drama sticks to its path. And also I love how Crown Prince said that he is wrong also, to show how the rumour cannot only blame the woman, but the man is also responsible. It’s how gender equality should be right. 

Both of these bits were great! I appreciated that Haeryung's inquisitive nature came back to serve the plot in a real way. She never just sits back and wait for the story to happen; she makes it happen.

And Crown Prince taking the blame was beautiful. Whatever went down that night, both parties are to blame for the impropriety and the ministers look like clowns trying to drag Sahui while ignoring that Yi Jin is his own person.

So many answers left and right! I can't believe we have to wait a week for the conclusion, but I love how historians play a key role in unraveling the mystery. Exactly as it should be!

Yi Rim and Yi Jin broke my little brotherly bond-loving heart. It seems like Jin knew, but he still loves Dowon like a brother. I'm cry. Speaking of: the moment where Rim broke down in Haeryung's arms? MY FEELINGS. I'm really proud of how much Eunwoo has improved since the first episode, and the writing is just so strong.

This is from yesterday's night, but I was thinking about this while I was making a gifset last night:

tumblr_py2gwi1G5w1qe0l0wo5_540.gifv

tumblr_py2gwi1G5w1qe0l0wo2_540.gifv

tumblr_py2gwi1G5w1qe0l0wo6_540.gifv

I really loved this scene. First, I love the "true love cures sleeplessness or nightmares" trope, which I first saw in Reply 1988. I have no idea where it originated from, or why it doesn't appear in Western media, but it's such a comforting fantasy. And on the much sadder side, the idea of thanking her for her love even though it's over (for now!)... AAAAAAHHH, THE PAIN. 

It's just lovely to see him acknowledge her influence on him even though they're broken up. I don't know if anyone has seen On Your Wedding Day, but this scene reminds me of that film and it makes me wanna cry all over again lol.

last 2 episodes have been so good ,thanks to the crew and cast. i love how ghr and yirim continue to love and support one another despite haeryung's stance on their relationship . their destinies are intertwined and both of them are actively trying to unravel their birth mysteries. the ssc is the real villain in this drama ,the king while being unpleasant was also a victim of ssc's evil machinations .i hope ssc gets his just desserts .as for the relationship between the CP and yirim my heart broke for them when CP lied to yirim ,about his birth ,alas yirim knew it was all a lie ,and i'm hoping and praying that they won't be destroyed by the coming revelations. i wish i could watch the finale asap.

i have confidence in the writer that yirim and ghr will be together .obviously the queen dowager knows who ghr is and in yesterday's episode after the marriage was called off there was a glint in her eyes and she also looked at ghr when she told yirim  she would find yirim a very perfect girl .

2 hours ago, may Robinson said:

i have confidence in the writer that yirim and ghr will be together .obviously the queen dowager knows who ghr is and in yesterday's episode after the marriage was called off there was a glint in her eyes and she also looked at ghr when she told yirim  she would find yirim a very perfect girl .

If the Queen Dowager helps them get together, she will skyrocket to the top of my favorite Queens list lmao.

Their love is soooooo great. I love how YR cries in her arms. First, YR wants to comfort her, but he stops, after seeing the late king’s picture. But then, when YR cries alone, GHR doesn’t hesitate to comfort him. This is the girl we want as heroine!! She still tries to comfort him while he is crying, until sort of hug him then. The storyline is so great, revealing pieces by pieces now. 

I an also sad but happy to see how Crown Prince really love Dowon despite knowing they are not real brothers. 

The last 2 episodes are really good as the mysteries are unraveling. We already know who Yi Rim’s dad is but the story of his birth is still mysterious. Rim looks really heartbroken that the people closest to him keep lying about his birth. Even though they just don’t want to see him hurt, but it’s actually hurting him more that they keep lying to him. 

I’m just hoping they won’t rush the ending in the last 2 eps, we need some happier moments in the last episode!

And while I do miss the cute romantic scenes between them, we’re now seeing a more mature romantic relationship between them where they quietly care, respect, and support each other without being lovey-dovey, and I love it just as much. That scene where Rim cries in her arms is so beautiful. 

On 9/17/2019 at 10:35 PM, kangminjae said:

ROFL, he may be a rookie, but I have faith he will have learned to move his mouth by the end of the show. Maybe the director is saving it for a wedding kiss. :lol: (I'm mostly kidding, I'll just have to accept the kisses as they are!)

I'm hoping for a wedding too so I am on the same page as you (again!):lol: yes, especially after seeing that scene where the Empress Dowager asking GHR to sit in and join them for the drinking:

Our couple hands actually touched when Prince Lee Rim wanted to pour her the wine:wub:

There were moments of touching scenes for our couple throughout ep.33--36. Going through the investigation just makes their relationship more meaningful and deeper. Hands down to the leads who can emote so well in those emotional scenes.

The flashback scene of the historian who was executed was sad : he would sacrifice his life to keep his historical records safe from those evil hands.

:lol:the writer didnt forget to inject some humour too.

This housekeeper cracks me up each time:

Spoiler

Oh btw I am so surprised to see them having the wrapup party so soon:

(Credit to IG owner)

So far, I’ve searched the MV in Youtube for this drama, but I haven’t found one with “official” label. Just wondering though, whether we will get MV for CEW’s song with him singing/recording it. I always like to watch MV of OST, in which the main lead sings, and the MV shows the recording of the song by the lead. 

9 hours ago, mundaliv said:

So far, I’ve searched the MV in Youtube for this drama, but I haven’t found one with “official” label. Just wondering though, whether we will get MV for CEW’s song with him singing/recording it. I always like to watch MV of OST, in which the main lead sings, and the MV shows the recording of the song by the lead. 

Yeah, Eun Woo had it when he sang the OST for Gangnam Beauty so I expected to have another one for this too.. but sadly I haven't find it anywhere too.

I love seeing the photos of the wrap up party! They all must've gotten pretty close after shooting together for 5-6 months.

And for Se Kyung & Eun Woo, they've filmed very heartfelt moments together like the break-up scene and the last ep where he cried in her arms, I feel that they must've grown some affection towards each other too (I don't mean romantic feelings) because they'll have to be immersed in the characters to be able to film those scenes well, which they did very well. I hope the cast will remain as good friends!

I found this post by the actor who played the scribe, in the 2nd pic it looks like a huge scene where almost all the cast were gathered in one place.. I wonder what's happening there. That must be the day where they took the big group photo.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:58 PM, shunnie said:

Wow, many things are being revealed in this episode, although most of them are things that we've guessed already.

And we've learned the Queen Dowager's goal.. Although I'm not sure if she actually wants Rim to take the throne because she cares for him, or only to get revenge for her son's death 20 years ago.

Now I'm curious what kind of deal was made between Queen Dowager and the King that he has to keep Rim alive and his identity hidden from Councillor Min.

As for the romance, I don't think there will be much space for it until the royal family issues are resolved, but I love how they still treat each other amicably despite their history and they even teamed up to investigate the mysteries.

I think the Queen Dowager was not pleased with one brother killing the other.  She has affection for both the CP and Rim; however, Rim, being the dethroned king's son, is the true heir to the throne.  The Queen Dowager told her son, if he did not keep Rim safe, she would commit suicide and; therefore, disgrace the king's reign.  I would have thought that the king would have taken care of Rim, or at least given him special attention, because he killed his father and caused him to become an orphan.  The hateful way the king treats Rim, makes me believe that he has no remorse for staging a coup, killing his brother and usurping the throne.  I understand a new way of thinking was infiltrating their old customs and Catholicism was creeping in; however,  wouldn't it have been better to find a compromise than to raise and army and kill your brother, who happens to be the king?

I love how the CP always looks out for Rim and genuinely cares for him.  Their relationship is so beautiful.  I hope that even when Rim learns of his past, he will remember his brother's love for him and not turn against him.  I do not think the CP knows that Rim in not the King's son because if Rim's mother was also killed on the day he was born, the CP would have been too young to know what was going on and probably only remember Rim being a part of  the family from Rim's birth. 

Archived