[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

0ly40

2 hours ago, SuperTank said:

Awesome ep! Sincerely touched with the dialogues of HR and LR. I can perfectly understand both sides and it clearly shows how different their characters. HR pointed out a very important point about life not stopping at having a happy ending once they've managed to escape the palace and be together. Life isn't simply a novel, contrasting to what LR thought it would be. Glad that realist HR pointed this out. She surely hates typical fairy tale romances as opposed to what is generally shown even in modern love stories now. Really can't blame her on this, ehat she said about having even the slightest feeling of resentment is true and would destroy their love for each other in the long run. 

It was painful to watch. Commending both Se Kyung and Eunwoo for making me cry buckets at that scene. I can see that they desperately love each other. 

Indeed, it’s interesting that a sageuk drama will bring this topic of how different dreams of a couple could break a marriage. I think even the modern era drama rarely brings this kind of topic. GHR is really a modern girl :D

Their acting is awesome! We can see tears in her eyes, but the tears are not falling yet. Really making me heartbroken. Never thought that with earlier episodes so cheerful, they gave us such mellow episode. 

But they will be in a journey together from what we saw in the preview. 

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

Btw, Where is Ye Rims Mom?

I don’t think they ever mention YR’s mom. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mundaliv said:

I don’t think they ever mention YR’s mom. 

Based on the preview, I'm guessing Yi Rim's mom was hidden away or else she died in childbirth. Because it sounds like they're saying Dowon was born the day his father (and Haeryung's father) was murdered. Gives me Daenerys in Game of Thrones vibes, lol.

Just wondering out loud though, Haeryung is supposed to be a practical person. Surely it must have occurred to her that one day the Prince would marry. And if she is not willing to be the prince's wife, would it be fair to accept the prince's affection? Of course she did hint in one episode that they haven't reached the relationship level where they are going to devote themselves to each other.... Maybe she was just 'seizing the day' and not thinking about long term implications. But based on her level of perceptiveness, she must have noticed how much the Prince was into her.

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

The heart wants what the heart wants if you know realistically it’s not the smartest thing :)

and besides who could resist a such very handsome  intelligent sweetie pie appealingly dorky Prince for very long?

I like the phrase here. Handsome intelligent sweetie pie appealingly dorky Prince! Haha. In short: Handsome dorky Prince :lol: It’s a magnet for a girl, right? 

12 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Just wondering out loud though, Haeryung is supposed to be a practical person. Surely it must have occurred to her that one day the Prince would marry. And if she is not willing to be the prince's wife, would it be fair to accept the prince's affection? Of course she did hint in one episode that they haven't reached the relationship level where they are going to devote themselves to each other.... Maybe she was just 'seizing the day' and not thinking about long term implications. But based on her level of perceptiveness, she must have noticed how much the Prince was into her.

I think in this HR was, for the first time in her life, not practical or realistic, because I don't think you can be those things when you fall in love. For YR, it was love at first sight, he liked her from the first (though she dissed him and made him mad right away, you see him at first staring at her while everyone else is moving around and in the Swoon video he said he fell for her at the very first moment), but for HR it was different. It was like a softly falling rain that eventually soaks you to the skin before you even realize it's raining (sorry, that's wordy, it's a Korean expression, can't think of an English equilvalent), so she didn't realize she was falling in love with him until she was in love with him, and when she realized it, she was already in too deep, and she did the impractical thing and accepted him because she loved him too, without thinking of the consequences or the future.

But when the announcement that YR was to be married was made, it hit her like a ton of bricks, and she woke up from this dream, this fairytale she was living in, and became her practical and realistic self once again. She realized that, in order for them to be together, one of them would have to give up his or her true self; either she would have to live as a princess, cooped up and not even allowed to step out of the house, or he would have to give up being a prince, he, a naive boy who has never lived outside the palace walls and who doesn't really know how harsh the real world can be. Besides, based on what her brother said, she knows what it's like to live on the run, how difficult a life it is. So she has to be the adult here (she's 26 and he's 20, but that's Korean age, so he's only 18 right now and too young and too romantic and too in love to be realistic).

Sorry, this reply got longer than expected, it's just that I've seen people bashing HR as being heartless and unfeeling when she's clearly hurting just as much as YR, and I feel bad for her. Hopefully we'll see more of her feelings in the next episode.

actually I Started watching this drama because I was Cha eun woo Fan and I really like Lee Rim and Goo hae Ryung's love ...but honestly now I'm just waiting for second Couple , Lee Jin and song sa hee ...  They Look really Good together :wub:  My shipper Heart :tears:

in EP 16 , when sa hee was talking to Lee jin while crying I was just like :  man Go and embrace her :sweatingbullets: . but I guess I should wait again and this Time for 2 weeks :o

for sure sa hee loves Lee jin and I thing Lee jin has feeling for her Too . 

what do you Guys think about this Couple? will they get married? is there any chance to see their love and happy ending for them in  4 remaining episodes? :tears:

b5hq_556.png

@jimjim1704 I think the second couple have a more restrained and dignified relationship. I have a suspicion, the Crown Prince will become the king and Lee Jin will leave the court (as he no longer holds that title). The show has hinted that it was his dream before, that is what he craves most for and because he leaves, she will join him on his travels.

I think Haeryung will make for a very practical down-to-earth queen, one who will support Dowon in becoming a good king. And when they assume the throne, the country will become more progressive, opening up the country for futher technical advancements.  

Rewatching the latest episode still broke my heart. Last time I said that I look forward to seeing those romantic scenes of their married life even if it's just a dream... but didn't expect it to happen under such a sad situation :tears:

It was really heartbreaking but I love the build up of the last 10 minutes of the episode. Rim kept seeing visions of his married life in the house and realized that he truly can't even imagine a future with anyone other than Hae Ryung.. which pushed him to take the last chance to fight for their relationship. And how he kept begging her, trying so hard to make their relationship work.. I can feel his heart getting stabbed over and over again by her words, and her final words finally shattered his heart to pieces. Eun Woo did a really good job there, seeing him crying like that really broke my heart.

It's gonna be a very long two weeks waiting for the next episodes.

Meanwhile, they're as adorable off screen :wub:

28 minutes ago, shunnie said:

Meanwhile, they're as adorable off screen :wub:

OMG, that little snippet of them together healed my heart! How precious.

The happiest possible ending is for Crown Prince to become king, Second State Councilor to die or be exiled, and Dowon/Haeryung being given a dispensation to live wherever they want while she still works as a historian. How likely is it that I will get this lol?

On consideration He still a sheltered boy only now in process of becoming a great man. I honestly think the best thing for them is to have time apart to let them travel and learn about the outside world then meet again to see if they still feel the same about each other and go from there.  

As I started this drama only because the trailer was on Netflix, and I didn’t have anything to watch at that time, there was no expectation at all. I haven’t seen CEW or SSK or PKW dramas before. Really the first time I see them is in Rookie. So I am amazed how addicted I am to this drama now! Hahaha.

While waiting for new episodes, I’ve finished My ID is Gangnam Beauty. Wow, CEW really already improves his acting skill in Rookie. Especially in the last episode, making me heartbroken to see them. SSK is very well known actress already, and I really like her in here. So pretty and clever in here as well. PKW as crown prince is also very very charming. But I guess he is better looking with all his sageuk costume. Haha. 

Basically I just want a happy ending for our couples. The main couple actually has easier way to be happy I think. At the moment, it is the contemplation time. Any relationships need sacrifices. I think the best way is for GHR still to be historian. I don’t know whether it is allowed or not for the Prince to have historian as wife, or he has to move out of Palace? But if the story turns out to be he will be the King, I think he can change the rule by himself then. As for the Crown Prince, YiJin, and SaHui, they have bigger obstacles, and one of it is the Crown Princess. Well, if the Second Counsellor is dead, perhaps the Crown Princess does not have power again, so she will be okay with a concubine? 

On 9/6/2019 at 10:44 PM, jimjim1704 said:

actually I Started watching this drama because I was Cha eun woo Fan and I really like Lee Rim and Goo hae Ryung's love ...but honestly now I'm just waiting for second Couple , Lee Jin and song sa hee ...  They Look really Good together :wub:  My shipper Heart :tears:

in EP 16 , when sa hee was talking to Lee jin while crying I was just like :  man Go and embrace her :sweatingbullets: . but I guess I should wait again and this Time for 2 weeks :o

for sure sa hee loves Lee jin and I thing Lee jin has feeling for her Too . 

what do you Guys think about this Couple? will they get married? is there any chance to see their love and happy ending for them in  4 remaining episodes? :tears:

On 9/5/2019 at 8:59 PM, may Robinson said:

they are not siblings . was the dethroned king mohwa and jaegyeong's teacher ? i dont see where that was implied .

Yes they are SIBLINGS, did you NOT see the part when MOHWA was young??? The kind man towards her was the dethroned King which she called her TEACHER. And the lil girl that was telling her to be quiet was Goo Hae-ryung when she MOHWA was trying to tell her teacher (while the he was sleeping) the good news about her success in sewing the patients wounds!l

Mohwa & Jae-gyung’s Teacher was also the dethroned King!!!

Sorry you missed that part!!! Jae-gyung & GHR are not siblings. When their teacher DIED he took care of GHR as his younger sister but they’re not related!!!

Mohwa knows GHR was the dethroned King’s daughter that’s why she kept asking Jae-gyung when is he going to tell her???

1 hour ago, Bev Owen said:

Yes they are SIBLINGS, did you NOT see the part when MOHWA was young??? The kind man towards her was the dethroned King which she called her TEACHER. And the lil girl that was telling her to be quiet was Goo Hae-ryung when she MOHWA was trying to tell her teacher (while the he was sleeping) the good news about her success in sewing the patients wounds!l

Two different actors are playing Haeryung's dad (AKA the teacher) and Yi Rim's dad (AKA the dethroned king). They were both killed by the Second State Councilor's faction. I promise you they are not siblings, lol.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:00 AM, Bev Owen said:

Mohwa & Jae-gyung’s Teacher was also the dethroned King!!!

Sorry you missed that part!!! Jae-gyung & GHR are not siblings. When their teacher DIED he took care of GHR as his younger sister but they’re not related!!!

Mohwa knows GHR was the dethroned King’s daughter that’s why she kept asking Jae-gyung when is he going to tell her???

where was it stated that mohwas  teacher was the dethroned king ?  why would a king become a teacher ? there are two different actors acting the roles of teacher and ex king .if they are siblings who is their mother ? and why did the queen dowager take yi rim and not try to find haeryung if she is a princess? mohwa asked jae gyeong about telling ghr how her father died, there is no where that she states ghr is the king's daughter .you are making assumptions with no evidence .well we will just have to wait for the big reveal.

@jimjim_1704 and @SC2019 , unlike you guys, I have no liking for the second couple nor do I ship them or care for them to be together. I like the crown prince, he is a good person who is trying his best to be a good future king (regardless if he really aspired to be a king or not) and he is doing his best for the people and his family. I liked his relationship with prince lee rim. He know that his dad -the king does not look kindly on prince lee rim and even does not like him thought he does not know the reasons behind that but, he does his best to support him.  I liked their brotherhood relationship. They support each other and try to do the best for each other. It’s a refreshing brotherhood relationship in historical drama considering that usually brothers are fighting and hating  each other’s. I hope the crown prince meet someone worthy of him like hoe goo hea ryung and prince Lee rim worthy of each other.

Historian song, on the other hand is a selfish being who only thinks about herself and care for herself only. I could have been ok with her being selfish. But, the way she betrayed her colleagues, the crown prince and the country is really disgusting. She kept providing the second state minister with information until he become knowable that prince lee rim is not the son of the current king and is working to kill him. She betrayed her colleagues by giving access to the historical records when the king himself is not allowed to look at them. She betrayed the crown prince and his family by her actions and by spying on them for the benefit of the second state minister. I personally don’t fathom how can she even think of herself as worthy of the CP after what she did. She should be trialed for treason for her actions along with the second state minister.  She herself chose her fate and I was hoping at one point she could redeem herself but kept on going with her betrayal. I’m sure if the CP get to know all what she has done, he will regret even considering her as someone he could like. 

There is a vast difference between her and goo Hae Ryung, who was ready to sacrifice herself for people, who refused to let anyone access history record when she was found by the guards. She preferred to be in prison rather than giving her history record to the king. That’s the difference between a person who has ethics and principles and someone like historical song who has non.  

6 hours ago, shunnie said:

This OST just gets sadder after knowing the meaning of the lyrics..

Oh my goodness! The song is so beautiful, whyyyyyy... :( Speaking of OSTs, I hope the final one is Eunwoo's, lol.

As for your point, @sirena82: I agree that Sahui made a big mistake by sharing the historical records with the second state councilor, and I'm upset with her. But my hope is that when she realizes what he wants and what it all means, she'll side with the historians and do the right thing. And I do ship her with Yi Jin, but I don't expect them to have a happy ending together. She's not cut out to be Queen, and she shouldn't be a concubine either.

Archived