[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

0ly40

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shunnie said:

So I guess we're gonna get another kiss scene in the finale!

:kiss_wink: yes comfirmed - by Soompi::w00t:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355043wpp/shin-se-kyung-and-astros-cha-eun-woo-lean-in-for-a-kiss-in-rookie-historian-goo-hae-ryung-finale

ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo and Shin Se Kyung will share a tearful kiss in MBC’s “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung.”

The newly revealed stills show Goo Hae Ryung and Lee Rim leaning in for a sorrowful yet beautiful kiss. Unable to control her overflowing emotions, Goo Hae Ryung sheds tears, while Lee Rim looks off into the distance.

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

And on that note, I have to say I don’t understand the fuss about CEW’s acting. Admittedly, when I first started watching the show, I didn’t know who he was and thought he really had a very pretty boy look. He was clearly a lot younger than SSK too and I did wonder if they had meant to deliberately cast such a young actor as love interest of a much older actress, which I am satisfied that it is so — GHR is indeed meant to be a female character who is ahead of her time, and has intentionally fought against traditional expectations to marry by her late teens. She is meant to be the more widely read and older female @26. Rim however is meant to be that young, innocent, bright-eye-bushy-tailed prince whose coming of age has brought more than he imagined it would. We are supposed to see him grow in that process. I think CEW has exactly brought that out very well from episode 1. What’s wrong with his acting again? 

I think there was some subconscious bias at play, in that people who knew Eunwoo was an idol-actor expected him to be bad, and people who are not used to (or not interested in) "weak" male leads thought it was his acting that was lacking. This is not to say that he's been perfect; it certainly took him a few episodes to settle into the role. But I don't think he performed ill enough at any point to warrant the reactions netizens were having.

The stills for tomorrow look so beautiful and sad, @shunnie! I need a happy ending, or I'll combust, lol.

59 minutes ago, G.r.a.s.s said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355043wpp/shin-se-kyung-and-astros-cha-eun-woo-lean-in-for-a-kiss-in-rookie-historian-goo-hae-ryung-finale

ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo and Shin Se Kyung will share a tearful kiss in MBC’s “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung.”

The newly revealed stills show Goo Hae Ryung and Lee Rim leaning in for a sorrowful yet beautiful kiss. Unable to control her overflowing emotions, Goo Hae Ryung sheds tears, while Lee Rim looks off into the distance.

Oh no. That looks like a farewell. Boo. I had hoped against a bittersweet ending.

16 minutes ago, Bejaffled said:

Oh no. That looks like a farewell. Boo. I had hoped against a bittersweet ending.

I would hope they don't spoil the very end. Perhaps they'll do the "separated for a time, then reunited in the last few minutes" trope that some dramas love so much, lol.

Well usually preview and stills are given to make us viewers take lots of guessing. At least they will kiss.. But, wondering now, whether it’s a farewell kiss or what? His face really looks mature with lots of things on his mind. While her face is full of tears...

2 hours ago, G.r.a.s.s said:

This looks like he will kiss her and then, given how serious he looks, go on to assume his responsibilities as king. I’m really disappointed. I really hate sad endings! The first half was a good mix of comedy, fluffy romance with some mystery and politicking. I didn’t expect it to go all melo on me. 

@mundaliv I agree that SSK is very beautiful in hanbok, as is CEW.  The hairstyle is very severe for females in sageuks, so I'm not surprised some people wouldn't suit it.  Although, maybe I'm just speaking for myself since the other ladies -  Mo Hwa, the Crown Princess, Sa Hui and the other apprentice historian - all look beautiful too!

The kiss does look sad. It’s possibly a farewell kiss, but I’m guessing another possible scenario that maybe the kiss happened the night before the huge confrontation with the king that we see in the preview. Based on the preview it looks like Rim & GHR manage to escape from his confinement in Nokseodang. Probably they know they can’t live on the run forever so Rim decided to confront the king, and the night before that they probably confirmed their feelings for each other and kiss, because they don’t know what will happen tomorrow as they will be risking their lives during the confrontation.

We’ll gonna know in just a few hours..

I’m still hopeful for a happy ending.. Please! They deserve to be happy. :tears:

If the Second State Councillor is proven guilty of high treason, he will be executed along with his family, which means the Crown Princess will be executed too, or at least deposed if she is found to be not guilty, but not worthy to be part of the Royal family anymore. Likewise for Historian Min who might not lose his head but could well lose his job. 

Then comes the king - he will also lose his head, and Jin will not be able to take on the crown because he would be the son of a traitor. Which means the crown must then pass to Rim. But I don’t think Rim will want the crown, although the might have no say in the matter. In which case, he certainly cannot marry Haeryung, because all the more the Dowager would want a political marriage for him. This does not sound good. Meh. 

14 hours ago, sirena82 said:

I have read the comments about the disappointment in the CP.

I am quite okay to see the way the Crown Prince react. He was visibly shaken by Rim's birth secret and to be fair it is natural for him to feel threatened now that he knows the Empress Dowager's real intentions.:sweat:

While everyone is gushing over our Prince Rim's character growth, I am in awe of our Rookie Historian. She really did a Great job in uncovering the historical records and eventually submitting a petition to the Crown Prince.  So gutsy of her especially when she was challenging Officer Min::thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

2 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

This looks like he will kiss her and then, given how serious he looks, go on to assume his responsibilities as king. I’m really disappointed. I really hate sad endings! The first half was a good mix of comedy, fluffy romance with some mystery and politicking. I didn’t expect it to go all melo on me. 

Oh noooo.... 

Arghh... I ... am still wishing for a romance novel - fairtytale ending :grimace:

*Fingers crossed*

If the Second State Councillor is proven guilty of high treason, he will be executed along with his family, which means the Crown Princess will be executed too, or at least deposed if she is found to be not guilty, but not worthy to be part of the Royal family anymore. Likewise for Historian Min who might not lose his head but could well lose his job. 

Then comes the king - he will also lose his head, and Jin will not be able to take on the crown because he would be the son of a traitor. Which means the crown must then pass to Rim. But I don’t think Rim will want the crown, although the might have no say in the matter. In which case, he certainly cannot marry Haeryung, because all the more the Dowager would want a political marriage for him. This does not sound good. Meh. 

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

I couldn't be happier about the way Rookie Historian ended! They took time to show how everyone was doing, and gave us the sweet couple scenes we've been missing. Thank goodness Jin and Rim took the places that suited them best, rather than the ones they were "born" to. And Haeryung gets to be a working woman with her man waiting for her at home! HECK YES.

Oh my, that was such a feel-good ending! Rim is basically living his dream life.

Although he probably should consider going back to writing romance novels again. :D

And yay for a real kiss! Totally didn't expect to get a bed scene too, lol. 

Gosh I'll miss them so much..

Archived