[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

0ly40

8 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

Oh my goodness! The song is so beautiful, whyyyyyy... :( Speaking of OSTs, I hope the final one is Eunwoo's, lol.

Yes, please! I also want that EunWoo has one OST  in here. :wub:

I wonder, is the filming still running or it is already finished?

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

I wonder, is the filming still running or it is already finished?

They definitely aren't done filming, although they may have the week off for Chuseok. I'm pretty sure they'll finish filming the same week that the drama ends, as that usually seems to be the case.

Yeah they're not done filming yet as I've seen some pics of the cast filming recently.

And yes, I'm also hoping Eun Woo will get to sing a ballad OST here too! I love his OST for My ID is Gangnam Beauty.

One more week to next episode!

@sirena82, since the beginning I had mixed feelings about Historian Song but the episode last week where she finally broke down made me sympathize with her. I understand that she didn’t want to conform to the norm just like our heroine Historian Goo by succumbing to her family’s intention to marry her off to whom they saw fit. The problem for her is that she joined hands with the devil who even destroyed his son’s wife and her family. If he could do that to his own son, what couldn’t he do to her? Though Historian Song does bear the responsibility for her actions including betraying her profession, in last week’s episode it seemed to me that she sincerely felt that there was no other choice for her except to do the second minister’s bidding. I’m not excusing her actions but I sympathize with her now more than I ever did before. I just hope she’s able to get out of the second minister’s grasp. 

and saw the casts' Chuseok greeting video, but I am soooo bothered. Why does it look like Sahui is filmed inside Lee Rim's room (it looks like it the same background to me) and she's wearing casual (is this like sleepwear) hanbok. Omg I'm so curious what does this say/ mean????? With the 5th ost and this, I feel like we're up to more angst and heartbreak :huh:

1 hour ago, SuperTank said:

Oh my the 5th ost sounds soooo darn sad. And look at the lyrics, it feels like Hae Ryung is speaking out what she feels huhuhu

Aww, this is a lovely and heartbreaking song! Thank you for sharing.

And @SuperTank: Sahui definitely looks like she's in Nokseodang, but I can't imagine they'd let her marry Prince Dowon after the ~scandal. I am also quite curious as to what it means, but I'm bracing myself for a week of angst. If only we didn't have to wait! :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

Aww, this is a lovely and heartbreaking song! Thank you for sharing.

And @SuperTank: Sahui definitely looks like she's in Nokseodang, but I can't imagine they'd let her marry Prince Dowon after the ~scandal. I am also quite curious as to what it means, but I'm bracing myself for a week of angst. If only we didn't have to wait! :ph34r:

Oh yeah I'm dying with all this waiting. I rewatched the entire drama from (1-16) in just a week. Can't believe I still have a week more of waiting.

I'm getting all worried with Sahui in Nokseodang. :tears:

And also the ratings. It has gotten significantly lower last week. Hope it rises again, the cast and crew are working very hard. 

35 minutes ago, SuperTank said:

I'm getting all worried with Sahui in Nokseodang. :tears:

And also the ratings. It has gotten significantly lower last week. Hope it rises again, the cast and crew are working very hard. 

Sahui, hmmm... I mean, she def doesn't want to be with Yi Rim, either. So it shouldn't be too bad, but I really don't want to get into a messy love square. I am 99.9999% we will get a happy ending, but I'm scared of the journey in the meantime!

I wonder if some people felt the French storyline was a little too off the rails, and that's why the ratings dropped after that? Because eps 15 and 16 were excellent.

4 hours ago, Oksana Sutra said:

Guys, this is romcom not drama so lets not be sad!

our Prince and HR MUST BE TOGETHER!! THEY MUST!!

I know that she is independent and free woman but she 's not stupid.

I believe in her!!

I think the only real obstacles to their happiness are the Old Guard, if you will. Once the Second State Councilor is removed and the king replaced with the Crown Prince, Yi Rim would be free to pursue his dream of doing whatever Haeryung wants lmao. Queen Dowager probably wants him to be king, but there's no way he would want that.

I just hope nothing happens to the Crown Prince, such as the Queen Dowager turning on him or starting a coup. Not only is he a precious angel who deserves only good things, but that would also put Yi Rim in the terrible position of having to be king - in which case, he definitely couldn't be with Haeryung.

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

The last even vaguely similar drama to this one I can recall is Hundred days Husband. I hope this program doesn’t have leave such a lackluster aftertaste. 

Oh yes now that you've mentioned it, RHGHR is quite similar to it. A lot of fluff there as well. Liked that one too but yep,  the ending was a happy one but I really didn't feel much for it. My reaction was like "oh ok that was it?". Hoping RHGHR would be different

On 9/12/2019 at 12:13 PM, RobinM said:

The last even vaguely similar drama to this one I can recall is Hundred days Husband. I hope this program doesn’t have leave such a lackluster aftertaste. 

I would liken it more to Sungkyunkwan Scandal, but only because I don't feel that 100 Days had any real political/social component - or at least not one that carried any weight. But I certainly hope that RHGHR doesn't have the disappointing ending that 100 Days did!

Circling back to Sahui's outfit and hair: we've seen a lot of Dowon's nightmares and dreams. What if this time we see one of Haeryung's in which she has to witness Yi Rim married to her friend? After all, she's told him she doesn't want to be his wife, but that clearly doesn't mean she wants to watch him marry someone else.

Yeah I also don't think they'll have Yi Rim marrying Sahui for real, as it would be really difficult going back from that...

I'm still very hopeful for a happy ending!

Continuing our long wait for the next episodes, I've enjoyed watching the BTS of the drama.

It's always interesting to see how much preparation and how many takes were done for every scene, and also to see what parts are actually ad-libbed (e.g Hae Ryung's tears during their first kiss scene was not in the script).

Se Kyung and Eun Woo are really cute off screen and filming atmosphere seems fun! :)

Here are the latest 3 BTS, I'll put the previous BTS in the spoilers below.

(credits to cherrriosubs)

BTS 18-20

BTS 1-5

Spoiler

BTS 6-9

Spoiler

BTS 10-13

Spoiler

BTS 14-17

Spoiler

I also loooooved the adlibbed tears of Sekyung on their first kiss. It totally add up to the mood and the romantic feel. I actually cried at that beautiful moment too lol.

She's such a good actress. I also liked how she's so thoughtful with filming their break up scene. Clearly shows her experience and I enjoy how she's also very much caring and kind with Eunwoo off-cam. Awww love their interactions. Glad that all of them seem to go along so well, and they've been filming for at least 6 months. 

:)hi all chingus, my first post here. This drama is my current favourite among others. I like the positive energy and good vibes in this drama and the plot focuses on the historians and their work is very interesting to me. It is great to have a storyline that is well spread among all the characters - main leads and side characters all having such good synergy!:thumbsup:

13 hours ago, shunnie said:

Continuing our long wait for the next episodes, I've enjoyed watching the BTS of the drama.

I am also watching all the making videos and all the IG updates by MBC as I am feeling the 'pain and agony' of the long wait for the next episode :sweatingbullets: (especially that cliffhanger - heartbreaking breakup scene @SuperTank).

So cute to see them singing 'Arirang' in one of the making video which shows the unaired scene:

(Credit video source to owner)

Thanks to MBC for regular IG gifs and pics updates - fighting/hwaiting to 'Rookie Historian GHR'!!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just curious from my side. Dowon said that the other prince already married and live outside the palace. Who are they actually? Can a Prince really live outside the palace? 

Yeap, I also watch BTS, following MBC IG updates all the time now and repeat the couple’s scenes. Trying to follow slowly how they become attach to each other :wub:

When YR said that he likes her from the first time he met her, it’s actually in the bookstore. He saw a beautiful woman reading his novel. His face was so delighted to meet this woman. Only after that, it didn’t turn out well. She yawned, LOL. 

That moment is so precious, and definitely makes the romcom genre of this drama.

Archived