[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

0ly40

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all.. New in this thread.. Found this drama by accident in netflix, and now I’m really waiting for the new episodes.. It is a very warm drama, especially for sageuk one. Rarely that I watch a sageuk that is quite light, and suits for my taste. 

The first time watching SSK, wow she’s good! Really like Prince Dowon also here, so sweet. Very thoughtful also. He is soo smitten with GHR. Haha. This is gender equality drama, when the one initiated the kiss is the girl. Haha. And his bromance with Crown Prince is also rare in sageuk, I think. Usually Crown Prince and Prince are fighting. I like the Crown Prince as well, although I don’t understand his relationship with his wife and SH. 

Just wondering now, how the story of the wedding will be?

15 hours ago, mundaliv said:

Hi all.. New in this thread.. Found this drama by accident in netflix, and now I’m really waiting for the new episodes.. It is a very warm drama, especially for sageuk one. Rarely that I watch a sageuk that is quite light, and suits for my taste. 

I also don't watch a lot of sageuks but this one is very light hearted which suits me perfectly too!

And I love that the drama is tackling issues like vaccination and spread of Catholicism in Joseon era, which I don't think has been done in any sageuk before?

The last 2 episodes continue to be really enjoyable. The scenes with Jean Baptiste in Nokseodang are so fun! I wouldn't mind watching more of their daily life together but I'm glad the plot is moving quickly. Rim got to prove his leadership qualities once again, he's ready to take responsibility and put the people's lives above himself. Poor Rim had to hear another hurtful words from the king, but this time he has Hae Ryung as his source of strength.

It looks like the wedding in the next episode will make Rim more active in showing his feelings to Hae Ryung. 

I saw some people are speculating they might set up his wedding with Sahee?

Hello all,

I am finding this drama is very interesting as the female lead is portrayed to have strong will, gutsy, brave and all of that characters of a warrior princess. Love her! The romance with prince Dowon is sweet, she seems to be the one who is wearing the pants in the relationship but that could change in coming episodes where the prince is taking more initiatives as the King uses marriage to put Prince Dowon on his place. When it counts, Dowon will step up,.... which is nice.

Another couple that I am rooting is Sa-Hee and the Crown Prince. I know that he already has a Crown Princess however this marriage seems like a political one and looks like one sided love. I feel sexual tension between Sa-Hee and Crown Prince whenever they are together, and both somehow have an understanding. I can't wait to see if this relationship is going anywhere.... 

Upcoming romantic scenes with our couple! :wub:

03-482091.jpg

A bit of spoiler for the appearances of these 3 actors (Yoon Jong Hoon, Lee Seung Ho, and Kim Hyeon Soo)  in the next episode..

Spoiler

- Yoon Jong Hoon will appear as Yi Rim's father, Yi Gyeom

- Lee Seung Ho is Hae Ryung's father and key figure of Seoraewon who was framed and killed 20 years ago

- Kim Hyeon Soo will be a candidate for Yi Rim's marriage

634763_428277_292.jpg

Sources:

http://m.kjdaily.com/article.php?aid=1567465376482091208

http://www.m-i.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=634763

Those scenes are probably only Rim’s dream of how their marriage life could be.. but I’m still excited to see it :D

I just heard the news that next week RHGHR will not air due to Chuseok holidays.. no wonder the dates on Netflix are skipping 11th and 12th Sept, I thought it was a mistake.

So ep 17 will air on Sept 18..  It’s gonna be a really long wait :sweatingbullets:

Yeah, next week there will be no RHGHR.. Will be a very long 2 weeks then! :cry:

Well, let’s enjoy this week’s episodes first! Just love their chemistry. Not all dramas have good chemistry between the main couple, especially when in real life, the guy is so much younger. Haha. 

I think so also @RobinM, she belongs to Noble family anyway. So theoretically she is allowed and possible to marry YR. I mean, she is not just coming from ordinary family. But perhaps it’s not politically correct. 

Yes I also think under normal circumstances there’s no problem with them marrying since Sambo has never brought up how their status might hinder their relationship. But in this case I guess they want to marry him to someone who will be politically beneficial for them and Rim would have no saying in it.

And also, once the king found out whose daughter Hae Ryung is, he would never allow Rim to marry her.. But then if Rim also found out the king is not his father and if the king really killed his real father.. I think he won’t let the king dictate his life ever again.

I can’t wait to see all the secrets getting revealed and how their relationship will be affected.

Oh, I found this cute article :D

https://www.kpopmap.com/6-signs-of-cha-eunwoo-being-crazy-in-love-with-shin-sekyung-in-rookie-historian-goo-hae-ryung/

Today's episode, oh my goodness! I was prepared for fluff and angst alike, thanks to last week's cliffhanger + all the cute photos we got beforehand. But I wasn't prepared for the way Haeryung's reaction hit me! 

Of course, we know she's independent and prefers her freedom, but to hear her actually say she didn't wanna be tied down. Awwww... :( I LOVED the final scene, though, with Yi Rim taking a stand and declaring his love. Purposely having it recorded in the sachaek! Babyyyyy. Anyway, this cements my thought that he won't want to be King even if it turns out to be his birthright. He would rather not get married at all and travel freely with Haeryung as she wishes than tie himself OR her down to a marriage under palace rules. 

Also, I thought y'all were just joking about Sahui being one of the wifely candidates, but OMG. Here we are! Triple crown of angst for Haeryung/Yi Rim, Haeryung/Sahui, and Sahui/Yi Jin. I'm so here for it! But at the same time, I'm wondering that Queen Dowager and Second State Councilor are trying to get out of Dowon's marriage with their respective candidates.

Today’s episode is such a rollercoaster ride! Some sweets, some laugh, some angst! Really sad for our couple here. Although my thoughts on HR words are because their feelings for each other is not  sufficient to overcome the rule that to find the bride, and she also has not thought that further to be a wife of dowon. 

And how Yi Rim stands out and declare his love to HR in front of Queen Dowager. He really develops from just a lonely Prince to a real Prince. 

Tomorrow episode will be interesting. Seems SaHui has feeling with Yi Jin, but she is a candidate for Yi Rim as well. 

Archived