[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

0ly40

And guuuuuys I really don't know what to feel about the ratings. Yes, I'm thankful that Rookie Historian is still number 1 but dang why are the ratings still so low only averaging on 5-6%? Also read some mean comments again on Naver despite CEW's improved acting on last night's ep. 

I don't know anymore but is the drama underperforming at this point? International fans like us love this drama though. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, SuperTank said:

And guuuuuys I really don't know what to feel about the ratings. Yes, I'm thankful that Rookie Historian is still number 1 but dang why are the ratings still so low only averaging on 5-6%? Also read some mean comments again on Naver despite CEW's improved acting on last night's ep. 

I don't know anymore but is the drama underperforming at this point? International fans like us love this drama though. 

I have a feeling ratings will start going up. 5.1% is the highest rating for the show for first part on Wednesday nights so I find that encouraging. And yeah Eunwoo has haters, no matter what he does some people will never be satisfied, best to ignore them. If they're watching live I thank them for their view :D

Yes and international fans do like this :)

It seems like this timeslot is struggling in general at the moment, which is interesting. I'm hoping the show at least gets another personal best tomorrow. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and give it our views on Netflix!

Like someone said upthread earlier Korean viewers are used to Arrogant, cold  Royal Alpha male Princes in Sageuks who warm up and become human thanks to the Heroine. This here is the opposite with a funny naive childish Prince  who presumably is going to grow into a commanding Royal presence so People are trying to get their heads around the twist. Haters gonna hate anything different and unique. 

Ep 7 at 5.6% is actually their highest for Wednesday airing. But really crossing my fingers they hit a personal best tonight as the plot thickens. 

The story is actually so fresh and well-balanced. Don't really get the hate this show gets. If only Netflix views were counted for the ratings Hahaha :D

16 minutes ago, SuperTank said:

Ep 7 at 5.6% is actually their highest for Wednesday airing. But really crossing my fingers they hit a personal best tonight as the plot thickens. 

The story is actually so fresh and well-balanced. Don't really get the hate this show gets. If only Netflix views were counted for the ratings Hahaha :D

5.6% is actually Thursday :) It went up from 4.5% the night before. It keeps coming in first so haters can hate it doesn't mean people are going to stop watching or new viewers won't check it out due to good things people are saying through word of mouth :) I saw a tweet where someone was saying people in their class were saying good things about the show so it seems the people saying the bad things is the minority.

1 hour ago, SuperTank said:

you really need to chill and just enjoy this drama. even "healer" with  ji chang wook got mediocre ratings despite launching him and park min young into international stardom and being one of the best kdramas in the last 5 yrs. i would love for it to have  2 digit ratings  but i'll keep loving and supporting this drama ,cew and ssk. i know it is going to be a very popular drama internationally because it is really good.

as for cew's acting ,haters gonna hate.  i suspect there are some anti idols who are just targeting him because of his popularity, plus his great looks and are jealous of his budding success,trust me there are so many fans that love him and we know he will keep improving .how many stars hold international fan meets ? .he has age ,his looks and talent on his side.so many great actors were bashed initially and later went on to become box office stars .i support him where and when i can but can't control everyone's opinion ,besides he has said criticism will make him work harder.

17 minutes ago, SuperTank said:

Oh yeah!!! My aplogies @kitkat0425 heheh :D and Goo Hae Ryung CEW is still number 1 on the search list right??? Up until this morning? 

dying for the next ep to come gaaahd. And oh has mbc released beach and horse riding bts vids yet? 

No problem :) I'm not sure what the searchlist you are referring too is so I can't say.

Ugh it's getting so good. Not a lot of storylines but still so much we don't know. I have seen those yet. But they'd be so cute.

22 minutes ago, SuperTank said:

Oh yeah!!! My aplogies @kitkat0425 heheh :D and Goo Hae Ryung CEW is still number 1 on the search list right??? Up until this morning? 

dying for the next ep to come gaaahd. And oh has mbc released beach and horse riding bts vids yet? 

what search list are they number one and can show me the naver link ? drama beans is now doing a recap of the drama obviously because of the positive response .

6 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

Is Ho Dam a medicinal book?  I wonder if the King thinks public knowledge of medicine will lessen his importance because then nobody will need royal rituals, so that's why Ho Dam was banned, and Mo Hwa was made public enemy number 1.  They do talk about the importance of royal rituals a lot!  But then... it isn't clear what it has to do with Prince Dowon.  I thought it looked like Prince Dowon recognised Mo Hwa at the end actually, what do you guys think?  

I agree with you. I was thinking that Ho-Dam was the Western Doctor who came to practice at Joseon and taught several smart people including MoHwa. Perhaps.... Prince LR had blister all over his body (chicken pox or other kind of skin disease) but got cured by this Ho-Dam practice.

So Yi Rim is, maybe, the son of the late King ? The one who had been killed the King now !

so why he always dreams about the moment the late King died ????

and he's always be protected secretly by Mo Hwa  by the order of the Downager Queen ???

The more we see, the bigger is the contrast between prince DW and historian Min. LR was a novelist whose books about romance were supposed to move people's heart. LR did it out of boredom but deep down, his success and popularity made him feel as if he was alive. For GHR, these books lacked deepness. On the other hand, Min chose his profession as historian in order to escape from his father's influence and grip. If he hadn't been a historian, he would have been forced to take his father's side. But he doesn't like his father actions. That's why he sees the work as historian as a neutral and passive person. The historian is just an observant and that's it. That explains why Min never helped GHR directly and right away. In the end, his choice represents his refusal to follow his father's steps. He acts the exact opposite of what his father is doing.

GHR made LR realize that his writing was lacking as it was just for entertaining purpose. Nevertheless, she got aware that her critic was harsh as she didn't understand the reason why LR chose to write such novels. It was his way to feel alive and to escape from his cage. Now, it is Min's turn to realize that he is wrong. A historian is not neutral per se and he can choose a side.

LR is the better man (despite his innocence and childish behavior) as he always thought about people. This outlines why LR decided to do something for them. His romances were to supposed to be read by commoners and now, his actions are supposed to reach people as well. On the other hand, Min's books will never reach people, the books will be read by officials and other historians.  

I loved the way LR looked when he saw HR was also going to Pyongyang! I’m going to go watch it again! 

I’m really reeeeeaallly hoping for more romance. I love their interactions but HR is totally friend zoning him!! :( 

Also, I really appreciate the way HR is written and played by SSK! Often, when they make a female character plucky and headstrong, they make her stubborn and brash - someone who is rude, gets into trouble but is actually very soft inside. I love that HR doesn’t get into childish fights with people and she isn’t reckless - she considered her fiance’s feelings when she ditched the wedding, and she didn’t take the young girl who may have smallpox no matter how awful it felt to do so. I also liked how she put Min in a tight spot by pointing out how nice he was to her to come to Pyongyang. It was done in a matter of fact way, not in a bashful way. She very mature, even if she’s a bit naive about love. 

I thought this drama runs on Thurs Fri.

Oh nooooo.... GHR made a skin contact with that ill mother inside the village Hut, I'm afraid she would get infected - She better get that vaccine too I hope it's not too late. Min Ik-Pyeong method of isolating the infected patients is a smart way for that kind of era (I understand it to contain the spread) but he is inhuman by not treating them - just a saying;  what if his only son, Historian Min, got the illness..... it will be a big Karma for that old counselor Min.

Suspicious Pretty Sa-Hui, she knows her crooked father attitude (corrupting the food price), but she doesn't want to correct it (report it to the palace). On top of that she became a double agent to Counselor MIP:angry: - She's so ambitious, And I wish Sa Hui will fall in love with CP and CP will teach her how to become a better lady.

Overall, Prince LR's angry face with that voice remains sooo cute, :wub:

Finished the last episode and I love this budding bromance between Prince Dowon and Min. Seems that they are setting them up to become allies. 

Honestly another strong episode. The ending scene was powerful. The king sent him because he thought he could control him but instead Prince Dowon became his own person. And you see the difference from earlier when he said he couldn't write anymore to now seeing the steel and determination in his eyes. Loved it and this character development.

Today's episode was a big a U turn for Prince Li Rim. He became a person he was meant to be. Always nodding to other ppl requests, today prince came out of his cacoon to become a beautiful butterfly. In the last scene, the look he gave to king. He was on his knees still he looked mighty.

Also, I could see the kind of influence GHR has on him. He respects her & that's why he at least looked upon on her suggestion.

And can I say how much I loved Lee Rim & min hoo bromance. For the first time ever, I saw Min ho actually listening to anyone or even agreeing with the person. With others he always act superior even if he doesn't not talk back but his eyes say that he give richard simmons about the king and even a little bit of crown prince but with Lee Rim, I saw his soft side. It's like he respected him for real. Agreeing to what he was saying

I always used to think that crown prince will be the one who will rebel against the king, but now, I think Prince Lee Rim will sooner than later will stand against him for welfare of ppl. Loved this character development. 

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

LR is the better man (despite his innocence and childish behavior) as he always thought about people. This outlines why LR decided to do something for them. His romances were to supposed to be read by commoners and now, his actions are supposed to reach people as well. On the other hand, Min's books will never reach people, the books will be read by officials and other historians.  

I love the way you summed this up! Perfect.

Meanwhile, episode 8 was amazing. Definitely some of the best acting I've ever seen from Shin Sekyung, and the way they really focused on saving the people and skeptical reactions to new medicine was great. Eunwoo also stepped his game up; the scene where Haeryung was begging Yi Rim to read the book on vaccinations was my absolute favorite. Also loved Mohwa's interactions with both of our leads, and I'm very excited about where her story will lead.

Sahui and Yi Jin have some mad chemistry. The scene where he accused her of covering for her father and she threw it back in his face? Let's get this bread. I like that we're seeing her slowly understand she can't be on the Second State Councillor's side.

I'm mostly sad the king banned the cowpox inoculation, but hopefully that gets overturned. I'm really looking forward to the historians standing up to the king more, and the royal family actually coming together next week. Plus: more closeness between Yi Rim and Haeryung!

Archived