[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

0ly40

2 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

Someone mentioned in the thread that they think The Story of Ho Dam was written by a historian. It’s most likely the true recorded story of the old king’s death and LR’s birth. 

Perhaps the fact that Ho Dam, as the work of a historian, is being suppressed to try to change the historical record will be what forces Min to ally himself with CP/HR and LR. I think he won’t become political in the sense of trying to actively assist a coup - I think that would stray too far for his character - but he firmly believes that historians hold an important role in the system of recording truth for posterity - therefore anyone that is suppressing the truth is someone he will actively work against. 

That's what I am thinking too. The moment he realizes that the records were falsified and the true record written by a historian disappeared, Min will be so shocked and upset, he will try to discover the story left by the historian.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prince and HR are a good team, when they have a task to do.

Ok, and biscuits do matter. :D

I hope they will explore that forbidden book together.

It was sad when LR, while carrying those records, paused for a moment

and looked at the main courtyard of the palace.

I also think that he is the true heir, and that his throne is taken away.

But, then he and the crown prince will be at odds.   

4 hours ago, rocher22 said:

It was sad when LR, while carrying those records, paused for a moment

and looked at the main courtyard of the palace.

I also think that he is the true heir, and that his throne is taken away.

But, then he and the crown prince will be at odds.   

And this is exactly what I don't want, but I dont think that will happen, because I dont think LR and the CP be at odds w/ each other over the throne because I don't think LR is someone who is going to want the throne. And I think the CP and LR will have solidified their common enemy as the king and unlike before this time LR will fight back. Honestly what I think is going to happen at the end of the series is that LR grows worthy of the crown, but then he refuses it in favor of his brother/cousin and he goes off somewhere w/ HR. All I feel that LR wants is to belong and I think he'll find its with HR.

Also does anyone have any theories on why the story of ho dam is being released now 20 years later? Do you think this has anything to do w/ LR's age? Or maybe the Queen Dowager just stumbled upon the records? Maybe the Queen Dowager always had the records, but put off releasing them to protect LR but now that he's at least 20, she figures she can release them now. I'm really curious about that.

11 minutes ago, kitkat0425 said:

And this is exactly what I don't want. That LR and the CP be at odds w/ each other over the throne because I don't think LR is someone who is going to want it. Honestly what I think is going to happen, is that he grows worthy of the crown over the course of the series, but then he refuses it in favor of his brother/cousin and he goes off somewhere w/ HR. 

Also does anyone have any theories on why the story of ho dam is being released now 20 years later? Do you think this has anything to do w/ LR's age? Or maybe the Queen Dowager just stumbled upon the records? I'm really curious about that.

I don't think Yi Rim would even want to rule, given the existence he's led so far. I'd love to see him and Yi Jin team up to take down dear old dad - or at least second state councillor. And if Min helps out, he'll have plenty of resourceful historians like Haeryung and her crew on his side.

As for why the story's coming out now, I guess it must be either that the Queen Dowager just found it, or she was waiting for the brother/cousins to be old enough to do something about it.

23 minutes ago, kangminjae said:

I don't think Yi Rim would even want to rule, given the existence he's led so far. I'd love to see him and Yi Jin team up to take down dear old dad - or at least second state councillor. And if Min helps out, he'll have plenty of resourceful historians like Haeryung and her crew on his side.

As for why the story's coming out now, I guess it must be either that the Queen Dowager just found it, or she was waiting for the brother/cousins to be old enough to do something about it.

Yep. I don't think they'll be any animosity between them. And I'd love to see Yi Jin involve Yi Rim just like before, except not tell him to back off because it's too dangerous, for Jin to see him as a grown up and not a little kid anymore. They can stage a coup of their own. I'd love to see Min and the other historians involved-at least in the recording of the events :D.

Yeah I'm sure she didn't want LR to be in danger and I can't imagine it coming out before and them not being able to understand or do anything about it. I would think she had them the whole time cause I can't think that the now king wouldn't have tried to destroy the records.

Loved seeing Lee Rim's first big step into the real world. We can see his naivety slowly melt away- of course he has still yet to completely shed his childlike demeanor from being sheltered for so long. Looking forward to his continued growth with hae ryung. Also, great to see my favorite seo young joo :wub:

And as always: sa hui, please wake up and stand up to your dad and minister min. I know it's hard but you're better than this! 

39 minutes ago, spark101 said:

Loved seeing Lee Rim's first big step into the real world. We can see his naivety slowly melt away- of course he has still yet to completely shed his childlike demeanor from being sheltered for so long. Looking forward to his continued growth with hae ryung. Also, great to see my favorite seo young joo :wub:

Yes! It was nice to see him take on the mission, admit he was scared but still push forward, and then stand up to the officials in order to help the people. The first big step in maturation for him, and I am pleased. His dynamic with Haeryung, where she is softened and amused by his antics and he is impressed by her willpower and courage... Gimme some more of that, rofl.

Sahui also started realizing just how corrupt her father is, and I was happy to see her be outraged. I just hopes she quits helping the Second State Councillor before it's too late. Her moment with Lee Jin, though... :ph34r:^_^

So I think Mo-hwa's reaction at the end supports my theory that LR does indeed look very much like his father, I'm guessing he's a spitting image because in his dream its him that is killed. That would also explain why no picture of him exists in the historical records or why he can't go to celebrations with the royal court. The other theory is that Mo-hwa is his mother but the queen said he's legitmate so that's doubtful.

Also I'm curious about the Queens intentions for LR. Why release the book now? The way she threatened the king and sent mo-haw to protect him...yes she's his grandmother but it seems like it goes beyond that. Does she just want to overthrow the now king and second state councilor, who seems to have an a strong influence over the now king and may have been the brains behind the coup, or does she want LR on the throne as he is most likely the rightful heir?

Loved to see how he handled his first official business as prince. He really shocked them all. Really love how theyre handling his maturity. Its not realistic that even though he's shedding his naivity and childishness that it would be gone overnight so of course some of it would still be there. Can't wait to see him evolve even more. Histotian Min's line was quite comical too.

Loved the scenes between LR and HR. They bring out different sides of each other. Give me more of that. 

47 minutes ago, kitkat0425 said:

Its not realistic that even though he's shedding his naivity and childishness that it would be gone overnight so of course some of it would still be there. Can't wait to see him evolve even more. Histotian Min's line was quite comical too.

Exactly my point; we're seeing a natural and realistic(for a drama? haha) progression of his character; it's great. 

15 minutes ago, spark101 said:

Exactly my point; we're seeing a natural and realistic(for a drama? haha) progression of his character; it's great. 

Oh yes i really appreciate that too. I know people want him to grow up and he will. Its just not going to happen overnight.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:58 PM, SuperTank said:

And btw this weekend, I saw an ig post from Lee jihoon where he looks so pale and his hair is disheveled. After a couple of hours,he deleted the pic. Gosh I wonder what'll happen with him (crossing my fingers his character won't die)

Maybe Min gets smallpox :(  It was so ridiculously brave of Min to go along on the expedition :wub: I don't ship him with HR anymore, but I still love him anyway!!  

Loved today's episode.  I was really moved when Lee Rim got angry.  Cha Eun Woo was front and centre of this episode and I though he did a brilliant job.  I'm very disappointed in HR's brother and Sa Hui though :angry:  I also feel like everyone is out to get Mo Hwa!  Run, lady, RUN! Empress' side had better start doing some smart politicking, because it looks like everything is heavily weighted on the second minister's side!

Is Ho Dam a medicinal book?  I wonder if the King thinks public knowledge of medicine will lessen his importance because then nobody will need royal rituals, so that's why Ho Dam was banned, and Mo Hwa was made public enemy number 1.  They do talk about the importance of royal rituals a lot!  But then... it isn't clear what it has to do with Prince Dowon.  I thought it looked like Prince Dowon recognised Mo Hwa at the end actually, what do you guys think?  

37 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

Maybe Min gets smallpox :(  It was so ridiculously brave of Min to go along on the expedition :wub: I don't ship him with HR anymore, but I still love him anyway!!  

Loved today's episode.  I was really moved when Lee Rim got angry.  Cha Eun Woo was front and centre of this episode and I though he did a brilliant job.  I'm very disappointed in HR's brother and Sa Hui though :angry:  I also feel like everyone is out to get Mo Hwa!  Run, lady, RUN! Empress' side had better start doing some smart politicking, because it looks like everything is heavily weighted on the second minister's side!

Is Ho Dam a medicinal book?  I wonder if the King thinks public knowledge of medicine will lessen his importance because then nobody will need royal rituals, so that's why Ho Dam was banned, and Mo Hwa was made public enemy number 1.  They do talk about the importance of royal rituals a lot!  But then... it isn't clear what it has to do with Prince Dowon.  I thought it looked like Prince Dowon recognised Mo Hwa at the end actually, what do you guys think?  

I'm curious about that too because we know Ho Dam was a real person because of the gravestone. But didn't the deposed king take an interest in Mo-hwa? So maybe he was learning about the western world from her? But the cp seemed he didn't want LR to read it. I'm so confused lol. I guess well know more tomorrow.

I thought Eunwoo did a good job moving between his childish and naive character to a more mature and angry one. I can't wait for tomorrow to see him lead by example and get the vaccine. I'm not sure what Prince Dowon's relationship to Mo-hwa is but isnt she married to Sam-bo so its possible they've seen each other before. Although a theory going around is thats his mother.

I'm curious as to why the second state councilor wants to get rid of him. Is he the person behind the coup and the now king was influenced and poisoned by him? 

Im really happy with how the show is progressing.

Oh things are getting meatier!!! And why am I nervous with tonight's upcoming ep? 

The beach scene and climbing up the mountains were so precious. But why why why was it sooo short, show? (Give us more sweet moments ok?) I feel like tonight's ep will be filled with more politcal and drama stuff. We could definitely use and savor more fluff before things get serious. 

My hunch is, Hodam is some sort of a medicinal guide book to cure small pox like what @cantbreathe said :) Judging by the preview, LR will get the 'vaccine' and Mohwa will soon be captured. But maybe she'll get the Hodam book across to HR ( as we can see in the preview that she has the book and wants to use it to cure the people) LR will prolly be the one to decide to implement the vaccine and HR will practice it (as she takes knowledge of the procedure from the book)

And maaaaybe HR's brother has a plan to rescue Mohwa since I still believe he isn't completely bad

Archived