[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

0ly40

Today's episode was so cute. Through out the episode, I wanted to pull EunWoo cheeks especially when GHR put biscuit in his mouth to keep his mouth shut. He was like a curious baby, seeing everything for the first time. 

How comfortable yet uncomfortable GHR is with Yi Rim. She feels shy when she thinks about their intimate scenes but at the same time she can bsve fun around him & Yi Rim is gone got her totally. Both are kind of attracted to each other. I can't wait for the next week.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And wow!!! Here goes another amazing episode. Just when I thought it was a great ep last Wed. EP 6 is definitely their strongest. Hoping they reach double digit for this.

And gotta eat my words on the first wk. I now confidently say that HR and LR is a good match. They compliment and balance each other so well. Love all their interactions. 

But oh my gaaaaaah. Still need to wait for Wed again next week. Things are getting more juicier and we'll see that cute fluff of theirnrunning on the beach scene. 

Omo omo omo what the hell just happened with the ratings????? Why did it drop today?gosh I'm so frustrated I was so satisfied with last night's and yet onky 4.7% | 6.9% gaaaaah the shiw doesn't deserve this huhuhu. Why aren't they watching this show???? I'm totally baffled

8 minutes ago, SuperTank said:

Omo omo omo what the hell just happened with the ratings????? Why did it drop today?gosh I'm so frustrated I was so satisfied with last night's and yet onky 4.7% | 6.9% gaaaaah the shiw doesn't deserve this huhuhu. Why aren't they watching this show???? I'm totally baffled

They still did the best out of their time slot. I wouldn't worry too much while the second part dropped a little from yesterday, the second part still did better than last Thursday.  

Thanks for reassuring me @kitkat0425 hehe. I worry a little too much for the ratings. Somebody please enlighten me. Why are the ratings of free to air networks sooo close to the ratings of cable channels? Is it alarming? And I really still am curious about how RHGH is faring among the Koreans. Still can't figure out why it can't reach 8% compared to One Spring Night (which has their timeslot previously) 

Is MBC promoting it too much? Or is it because it is available in Netflix and people can just watch it there and not wait for it on TV? ( but One Spring Night is also available in Netflix) 

Hope somebody can enlighten me on this. Really can't fathom the surprisingly low ratings. I was expecting it to really reach 8-10%

And I also appreciate that they are number 1 for their timeslot but the ratings are still fairly low. Wish the cast and crew are not feeling bad about it especially they are shooting hard in hot abd humid weather

27 minutes ago, SuperTank said:

Thanks for reassuring me @kitkat0425 hehe. I worry a little too much for the ratings. Somebody please enlighten me. Why are the ratings of free to air networks sooo close to the ratings of cable channels? Is it alarming? And I really still am curious about how RHGH is faring among the Koreans. Still can't figure out why it can't reach 8% compared to One Spring Night (which has their timeslot previously) 

Is MBC promoting it too much? Or is it because it is available in Netflix and people can just watch it there and not wait for it on TV? ( but One Spring Night is also available in Netflix) 

Hope somebody can enlighten me on this. Really can't fathom the surprisingly low ratings. I was expecting it to really reach 8-10%

MBC has actually been struggling ratings wise. Believe it or not this is one of their better rated shows. One thing is that Wednesday-Thursday nights have had lower ratings compared to the other nights. Also the time slot is early. In Korea teens don't get home until later in the evening so those usually have higher ratings and probably explains the big uptick from the first part to the second. Even when Rookie Historian wasn't in first place they still had the largest increase from part 1 to part 2. But despite being in the earlier timeslot Rookie Historian seems to be becoming the favorite as the other two didn't reach 6% for either part this week. Yes One Spring Night did have higher ratings but they did fluctuate. Also this is available in Korea's Netflix so some people may not be watching it live. This is a 20 week show and I'm not worried about ratings so early on. The way I see it Rookie Historian is the only one to keep first place multiple days in a row and their ratings are noticably higher than the other shows. So at the very least they have that going for them. 

Thank tou very much for this insight @kitkat0425 :)

And oh I've overlooked on One Spring Night's ratings fluctuation throughout its run. I initially based on their ratings for this current ep of Rookie Historian which is considersbly higher. (But yeah, RHGH is steadily increasing and no major fall yet)

i heard mbc started airing their dramas earlier with One Spring night right? Are they experimenting? Or is this their strategy to drew in higher ratings compared to its competitors?

and gaahd the ratings game are so hard nowadays. 

hehe sorry for my ranting on ratings btw. I just love this drama so much and I wish them the best :)

28 minutes ago, SuperTank said:

Thank tou very much for this insight @kitkat0425 :)

And oh I've overlooked on One Spring Night's ratings fluctuation throughout its run. I initially based on their ratings for this current ep of Rookie Historian which is considersbly higher. (But yeah, RHGH is steadily increasing and no major fall yet)

i heard mbc started airing their dramas earlier with One Spring night right? Are they experimenting? Or is this their strategy to drew in higher ratings compared to its competitors?

and gaahd the ratings game are so hard nowadays. 

hehe sorry for my ranting on ratings btw. I just love this drama so much and I wish them the best :)

Minor fluctuation I don't see a problem. That's going to happen sometimes. Well they do have no one going head to head against them at that timeslot, so maybe they think they can draw in more people. But I'm not sure their reason behind it. I do know theyre putting everything behind this drama so I'm hoping it does pay off for them. I'm not sure about the ratings system, although neilsen isnt everyone watching its only people with boxes right? Honestly I'd love to see them break double digits but right now I'm just glad they're maintaining first place.

The one thing I don't enjoy after every episode is the criticism Eunwoo always gets. First he's unexpressive and wooden in MIIGB and now hes overexpressive and unnatural. Cant they just pick one? And apparently his acting is holding back the show. And apparently its a fact hes a bad actor and youre just blinded by his beauty if you say otherwise. Sorry for this tirade, Ive been seeing this a lot lately. I really hope the criticism goes down as his character matures.

Anyways heres hoping for higher ratings next week. Since it seems its about to get a whole lot more interesting.

Hi @kitkat0425 I totally feel you! I would really love to see them break double digit ratings cos the story and directing is really great at this point. I see no major flaws and every episode just gets better.

And yes I share your frustration with Knetz lambasting CEW's acting. While I admit that he's not the best actor,YET. They should give him a chance. I can see his effort and progression as we go along the drama. And to add, he improved so much in showing variety of his emotions back in ep 1.

Can I just also add that I'm a big fan of SSK and I can fully understand your plight in terms of criticisms on their acting. I myself can't also help but be frustrated with some international fans constantly saying that SSK can't act evwb before Rookie Historian premiers. Quite glad that some people now are saying otherwise, BUT prejudice on her acting is still holding other people from watching it. (Majority international viewers, since I'm quite certain she's well loved in Korea)

I totally get your frustration and hayyyy I don't know what to say to make you feel a lot better. But I do trust in CEW's acting and he'll do fine. Are Knerz saying they dont want to watch because of his acting? Cos I thought he has so many fans supporting him in this drama..

And kudos to MBC for doing everything they can to promote RHGH. Like I really admire their effort ( they have been doing reruns of the show countless times, various pib materials in ig, countless HD quality pics on their website and a whole lot more)

So far, seems like MBC has given their full trust in this project to make their "earlier than competitors timeslot" work. And really praying all of their efforts in promoting the show will pay off. 

6 hours ago, SuperTank said:

And gotta eat my words on the first wk. I now confidently say that HR and LR is a good match. They compliment and balance each other so well. Love all their interactions. 

Yes! I love that we're slowly seeing how Lee Rim can be good for Haeryung too. Obviously she expands his horizons, but he also lets her feel more in control and reminds her to let loose sometimes (in a "have a good time" way instead of a "fight the system" way, lol). 

Overall, I think the show has the perfect balance of politics/mystery and romance/friendship so far. Hope they manage to maintain it.

45 minutes ago, SuperTank said:

Hi @kitkat0425 I totally feel you! I would really love to see them break double digit ratings cos the story and directing is really great at this point. I see no major flaws and every episode just gets better.

And yes I share your frustration with Knetz lambasting CEW's acting. While I admit that he's not the best actor,YET. They should give him a chance. I can see his effort and progression as we go along the drama. And to add, he improved so much in showing variety of his emotions back in ep 1.

Can I just also add that I'm a big fan of SSK and I can fully understand your plight in terms of criticisms on their acting. I myself can't also help but be frustrated with some international fans constantly saying that SSK can't act evwb before Rookie Historian premiers. Quite glad that some people now are saying otherwise, BUT prejudice on her acting is still holding other people from watching it. (Majority international viewers, since I'm quite certain she's well loved in Korea)

I totally get your frustration and hayyyy I don't know what to say to make you feel a lot better. But I do trust in CEW's acting and he'll do fine. Are Knerz saying they dont want to watch because of his acting? Cos I thought he has so many fans supporting him in this drama..

I mean people are still watching because of the plot and the other actors but some have dropped because of him, although that seems to be international people who have no bearing on Korean ratings. He does have a lot of support :)Yes both CEW and SSK were both heavily criticized before the show started. I didn't really get it. Like someone made a post on the qoo of screencaps of his facial expressions of the trailer, before the show aired, and people full on criticized him just based off of those screencaps and they never even watched the trailer. And youre right hes not the best actor yet but the only way to improve is through experience. I mean he's not bad at acting just inexperienced and its even more obvious because hes surrounded by really talented veterans who have been in the business much longer than him. But I do see the improvement and it bothers me people won't give him a chance just because people have already determined he was only casted because of his face. I honestly don't know why SSK gets so much hate maybe part of the reason is because she's really beautiful. I mean thats a big reason Eunwoo is hated on. I'm glad people are coming around to her. I think people often get the character and actor confused. I'm sure they'll both continue to do great throughout this drama. Can't wait for next weeks episodes.

I notice that the problem is not about cew’s acting, but about Lee rim’s character. This kind of super childish and immature character as ML in historic dramas is very rare and some Knetz are not used to it or can’t accept it. They are used to strong, brave and dominated characters as ML. CEW portrayed Lee Rim at this stage like a super cute baby, lol !!!! I’m not complaining, but I’m enjoying it. In Korean society, people still prefer men being mature and powerful. The thing is that the character of Lee Rim actually will grow for sure. You can tell it in the next week episodes. Lee Rim and Haeryung will grow together and their chemistry and relationship will get stronger, which I really adore. So, I will not worry about the ratings since Lee Rim will become more and more mature and charming. As long as people give this drama time and patience, they will enjoy it.

''Prince spent a passionate night''...:D

'' my lady ...future groom''...:lol:

I laughed so much.

Pumpkins are guilty for everything.

I cannot decide if the prince is more handsome in royal robes, or in the clothes

of an ordinary clerk. :)

Dramabeans will recap Rookie!!! I’m very happy to see more people talking about this drama!!! 

20 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I like how HRs maid simply figured out that

LR is a pretty catch. 

LR was so proud of himself. :D

I like the poem scene.

Such a beautiful and funny couple. :wub:

Ikr!!!! The maid is the biggest shipper for HR and LR. 

Did LR actually write the poem by himself? He is so falling in love. 

Absolutely love this drama it deserves so much more attention! The main characters especially the cute prince who I just want to hug and pinch his cheeks, he seems so clueless but has such a kind heart it’s such a shame that the King banishes him I can’t wait for next week to understand more about their relationship the Queen in the promo said that he is not the Kings son and that’s why he gets so mistreated by him, I wonder what is actually going on. His brother the crown prince is so lovely to him in most dramas the brothers are usually fighting for the King seat but it’s nice to watch a drama where they are supporting each other the crown prince tries to cheer his little brother up while his father treats him badly! 

Im so happy to watch a drama where a female lead stands up for what she believes in, also love the fact that she is strong not someone who really needs saving she’s intelligent and is trying to achieve her goals which is admirable! Her relationship with the prince is so cute they have so much chemistry together and seem to both feel really giddy thinking about each other! Honestly I can not wait for more episodes to come out I hope they both get a happy ending although that’s usually not what happens in most historical dramas, fingers crossed though! 

I disagree. He fell for the first time he saw her in bookshop :)  but at this point He is on cloud nine with stars in his eyes but Next couple of episodes per Angst and melo and people interfering is going to start and he will

have to man up and fight for his love and his freedom. 

My Question is though: she is a Noble woman by birth and he is a seemingly a minor prince so in the normal course of things isn’t she the type who would married to him eventually anyway?  Her background should not be an issue at least. 

when your crush looks at u for  sec:joy:

tumblr_pvmhlktvVV1y4jne2o2_400.giftumblr_pvmhlktvVV1y4jne2o3_400.gif

======

tumblr_puvehcVowh1qeysf2o1_540.giftumblr_puvehcVowh1qeysf2o2_540.gif

I’m saying this because I’m proud. If we were born into a middle-class family,I would’ve gone around the neighborhood telling everyone that my younger brother is Maehwa and that he wrote this book. But you and I have a lot to carry on our shoulders.

Spoiler

tumblr_puvehcVowh1qeysf2o3_540.gif

-----------------------

tumblr_puwdbdOgDe1uy8zwto2_400.giftumblr_puwdbdOgDe1uy8zwto1_400.gif

Hyungnim. You’ve done more than enough to console me. You can scold me now. You’re the Crown Prince who barely even has enough time to look at the sky. I’m sure you’re here spending time with me for a reason. I’m sure… you heard about what I did.

Archived