[Drama 2019] Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung, 신입사관 구해령

0ly40

In this drama, I like.............the Crown Prince !

He's very manly, he has a lokk of a King, a good one !

I didn't recongnize him is Park Ki Wong !

I like a man 'handsome" ....as a man

not a " beautiful" man as..Cha eun Woo and many idols :

maybe korean girls like " beautiful men"

so why almost idols did chirugy to become......beautiful hahahaha

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, spark101 said:

I feel the same. The nightmare lee rim had with him being in the red king's(!) robes got me nervous about impending doom for lee jin. Like you sad, hopefully lee jin doesn't actually die, just maybe a threat to him that gets lee rim to "wake up" and mature. Looking forward to our leading man's growth. 

I think Lee Rim has some connection with The King and Ho Dam. The dream he made is the past when his

father killed the last king to take the thrown.

I don't thnik he'll become king with this dream !

15 minutes ago, diane90 said:

I think Lee Rim has some connection with The King and Ho Dam. The dream he made is the past when his

father killed the last king to take the thrown.

I don't thnik he'll become king with this dream !

yes I think like this too, I think he was a witness of murder but was to small so he forgot all and now he starts remember, and  it seems like Sam Bo new something about it. And one thing bloody hands maybe small Lee Rim touched dead body and he remember the blood on his hands?

I was looking for something to watch while I wait for Arthdal to return and I found this gem.  I loved this drama from the first episode.  I loved the scene where both she and her husband to be bolted from the wedding.  I can see him coming to love her the more he sees and interacts with her.  However, am loving the chemistry between HR and LR.  

I think this is one of those drama's that I will watch and enjoy; however, I will comment much.  

Oooh so after watching ep 4 ( 7-8) Things are getting so much more interesting. 

We can finally see how Hae Ryung and Lee Rim's chemistry would fare. It seems like they would go down the friends first-to-lovers route and so far I love seeing their moments of bickering around. 

However, even if I thoroughly enjoy LR ans HR cute fluffy moments. I still can't help but want HR with Lee Jin and Historian Min. Hahaha my gaahd I'm sooo weird I want it to become a love-square now. Cos the chemistry is real with those 3 guys around HR. 

On another note, this drama has really drawn out Shin Se Kyung's best. Wish this project came on earlier on her career to save her from all the unreasonable hate that she gets from almost every project she takes. 

Her acting is spot on and looks like she brings out unique charm to her character that makes it her own. Hopefully the drama will keep her strong and well-written. 

The autopsy scene cracked me up. Very intrigued about the deal with Ho dam and lee rim's interest in him. I can see the writing chops that made me love solomon's perjury; looking forward to next week. 

btw: Is everyone surprised because that guy's life was saved with surgery?

“Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” Achieves Its Highest Viewership Ratings Yet

“Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” Achieves Its Highest Viewership Ratings Yet

Jul 26, 2019
by E. Cha

MBC’s “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” is on the rise!

On July 25, viewership ratings for MBC’s “Rookie Historian Goo Hae Ryung” soared to an all-time high. The latest broadcast of the drama scored average nationwide ratings of 5.6 percent and 6.8 percent for its two parts, marking its highest viewership ratings yet.

I'm glad that the drama's rating is increasing. Hope they can break the double digit.

Regarding the plot, I'm curious about the backstory of HR's family. Was the brother involved in the investigation/ gathering information that lead to the dethronement of the previous king? It looks like he's remorseful with what he has done (for whatever it is) and is reluctant to work for the Second minister again.

Btw, it was mentioned that Officer Min and CP was childhood friend. I wonder why there's no bromance between the two. It's always Officer Min who is looking at CP but CP never look look at him. Not even a glance.

8 hours ago, SuperTank said:

However, even if I thoroughly enjoy LR ans HR cute fluffy moments. I still can't help but want HR with Lee Jin and Historian Min. Hahaha my gaahd I'm sooo weird I want it to become a love-square now. Cos the chemistry is real with those 3 guys around HR. 

I love Cha Eun Woo as Lee Rim. I don’t understand all the mockery of his bug eyed look. Since this is a comedy, his facial expressions are supposed to be exaggerated. And when he smiles, ahhhhhh :rolleyes: super super super cute! I didn’t really like him in My ID is Gangnam Beauty, this character suits him much more! 

However, I don’t feel the chemistry between LR and HR  While I enjoy their interactions, I feel like she’s a significantly more mature character than he is and isn’t attracted to him at all. I know their romance will blossom later, but usually even at the beginning there is chemistry which they build on, no? Like a lot of you I feel she would really spark with CP or Min. CP has recognised her intelligence, but also realises she has an arrogance that needs to be tempered - and I feel like she’s found a man she can respect and learn from in him (previously she’s been disdainful of men except from her brother). I also really love Min - from the way he looks at her you can tell he’s very impressed and curious, but he’s currently not in a position to help her. I really want a love line there because you can see he would really love and value her ... but simultaneously rooting for no love line there, because it would definitely result in a sad ending for him!

@Carmarie I also picked this up after Arthdal Chronicles finished. So glad I did! Nice lighthearted series to watch before season 3! Didn’t want to get into anything too demanding. 

@cantbreathe Yes!!! You speak my mind! I want her both with CP LJ and Historian Min because of their maturity and cos they recognize her smarts but also willing to teach her valuable life lessons in return.

In her loveline with LR, it feels like she'll be doing more of the teaching. LR's character should be given a profound growth tonsort of balance the chemistry with HR who comes off as a super strong, independent woman. 

Can't help but be torn between CP and Min. But from all HR's bickering with LR,looks like she's somehow smitten???? Hahaha

And omg can I just add. The part when HR covered LR's mouth with her hand, our prince is sooooo shookt!! Lol looks like he fell in love with that single touch. Can't imagine whatvif HR kiss him,our prince would probably faint AHAHAH soo adorable. Enjoying these precious moments

OMO..... Our CP LeeJin is married already?!, Prince Maewha mentioned about CrownPrincess when they were at Nokseodang villa - right?. Man, I'm so disappointed, but hey CP LJ can have many wives. :)

The ambush killing seems to be the work of that Min Ik-Pyeong (the old guy that's very good friend of the King), why would he be mad of knowing the stitches survivor guy alive.

So that Yang Si-Haeng Historian -annoying voice - guy is the highest rank of them all - he can swear the juniors. Haha that's really something.

Up to this episodes, ChaEunWoo acting is surprisingly awesome.

But why should he admit his name to that bad guy who kill the stitches guy at the end of ep 4?? -- That bad guy will report him to Min Ik-Pyeong or the king. I feel so uneasy about it. Seems like the King hates Maewha so much, isn't Prince DoWoon his real son?. Can't wait for the next ep.!!

5 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Up to this episodes, ChaEunWoo acting is surprisingly awesome.

But why should he admit his name to that bad guy who kill the stitches guy at the end of ep 4?? -- That bad guy will report him to Min Ik-Pyeong or the king. I feel so uneasy about it. Seems like the King hates Maewha so much, isn't Prince DoWoon his real son?. Can't wait for the next ep.!!

Did mystery man kill the guy?? Pretty sure he's the one who saved the dying man via surgery- I thought. I don't think it was very clear whether mystery man is good or bad. Anyways, hiding his(lee rim) identity at knifepoint doesn't seem to be a helpful option either. 

Been looking for  a good drama after COS and found this. Loving it

On 7/24/2019 at 11:53 PM, sn2111a said:

Quite honestly, I really love watching Hae Ryung, very intelligent, vocal and opinionated. She's a very strong lead, seems to know the pains of living in her 20s, unmarried with no parents and quite mature to understand tact and social situations. One thing I really liked was that she's not arrogant and indifferent towards the lower class people, like the slave boy and her servant. After experiencing the odd duties she had to do for her seniors, she respected her servant and acknowledged how tough it gets for her to do errands for a noble lady. I really admire Hae Ryung for that, she knows she isn't supposed to be entitled and she really isn't. She was also considerate enough to meet her fiance to apologize for her own selfish desires.

So far, the CP is also quite a strong character, very rooted and not swayed even though he's afraid of being that. Finally, a mature and fit to be king CP in a saeguk from the start. He lectured Hae Ryung with a strong charisma and made her feel like she's naive and selfish as a noble but he allowed her to be one of the historians, she was the only one he smiled brightly at. I'm guessing he actually felt the same way as she did (about her answer) and is super pleased to see such brains, and they would be great acquaintances... 

I actually want to see more of Officer Min and his life, i cant wait for that...

Thank you for this post. I agree about Hae Ryung and the Crown Prince who is one mature character and fit to be king. I love these 2 characters. 

5 hours ago, spark101 said:

Did mystery man kill the guy?? Pretty sure he's the one who saved the dying man via surgery- I thought. I don't think it was very clear whether mystery man is good or bad. Anyways, hiding his(lee rim) identity at knifepoint doesn't seem to be a helpful option either. 

Yes, the mystery man kill the survivor guy two times.... (Again)!! LOL :D

The mystery man (Gwi-Jae) swung a sword to the stitches guy who's about to burn the books - but that guy dying and got surgery sutures from the ninja Lady. The mystery man was at the meeting with Min-Ik Pyeong + 2 others old men , one of the man said: "we can't let him stay alive". The mystery man went to the palace undercover to finish the job. Prince LR was about to check this survivor guy (probably he's as curious as GooHaeRyung about the odd medicinal practice :D), LR found that guy already dead (checking his pulse and breathing - his bed also messy). So our Maewha followed that mystery guy ...... and declare his status - LOL

If Min Ik Pyeong innocent why he did not let the dying man alive and tell the true story.

I wish Prince LR and HR can collaborate in writing a Detective novel like Sherlock Holmes of Joseon era hehehe

Hmm. We see Maewha’s books are full soapy over dramatic romance probably very short on realism while HR is into Dark Stark grim stories with no Romance at all.  At this moment this represents who they are as people..extremes that are not really working out for them. When they get together they will, should  write a much better tale that has love but still grounded in reality because that’s what they will learn from each other- How to be whole people :)

19 hours ago, RobinM said:

Hmm. We see Maewha’s books are full soapy over dramatic romance probably very short on realism while HR is into Dark Stark grim stories with no Romance at all.  At this moment this represents who they are as people..extremes that are not really working out for them. When they get together they will, should  write a much better tale that has love but still grounded in reality because that’s what they will learn from each other- How to be whole people :)

Thank you for pointing this out. I know people want her with the crown prince or historian but I do think her best match in the long run is LR. Afterall its not about who is the best match for her now but who is her best match when all is said and done. I think people perfer the cp and historian because of their maturity and the fact shes had more scenes w/ those two. I feel LR is going to be one of those characters that grows on a lot of people. LR is just starting to experience the world and figure out his place. He's definitely not going to end the series the same way he started. And she can still have great relationships w/ the crown prince and historian, I'm sure they're going to teach her things and they'll learn from her, they just don't have to be romantic to accomplish that. Anyways I'm most looking foward to LRs story arch coming up as I can't wait to see him start to mature and be fully immersed in the plot and not just as the comic relief that is cut off from the world. I can't wait to see who he becomes, and same with HR who will no doubt go through a transformation of her own.

Finally a new episode tonight!! Waiting for a new episode every week is taking sooooo much of my patience. This drama has certainly kept me on my toes! Wondering why only a few Koreans are watching this. This is soooo good. Right mix of fluff and the serious palace-y stuff. 

Kudos to MBC for doing a marathon/re-run of episodes (1-8) last night. Seems like they trust this drama soooo much that they are really doing everything they can to promote it. Gotta give it to them as they mean business when it comes to Saeguk!

Here's to goping there'll be a rise in ratings tonight. The story is getting a lot more interesting. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it reaches double-digit ratings. 

Aaaand can I just add, I'm just ecstatically happy that my girl,Shin Se Kyung is finally getting the love and appreciation that she deserves. Been reading raves and praises o  her acting for this drama. And I can't helo but shed a tear. My girl has gone through sooo much unreasonable hate and below the belt criticisms. 

I can clearly see how much effort she's pouring for this Hae Ryung character. Praying,praying and praying for better ratings and hopefully an acting award for her by the end of the year. She,right of the bat,deserves it. 

Archived