Stinky Closet?

Guest IM TOKKI

Guest MUGETSU

You should wash your entire wardrobe?

Take out everything from the closet and smell it to see if that's the one stinking up everything.

After you take everything out. clean the inside of your closet then put everything back in. It'll look neat and smell nice again! lol

my mom says my closet smells too but when i go in it, i smell nothing.

She says it's probably because some of my clothes have armpit smell and tells me to smell all my clothes -___-;;

a good way to solve your problem is either wash any clothes you need to wash, air fresheners or moth balls

Guest Maia-X3

Mm that happened to me before... but my clothes stink of perfume and stuff like that... which I hate. [i like the smell of freshly washed =D].

So what I did was take everything out and have a huge wash-fest.. and wash everything.

Haha. Have fun. =D

mothballs may keep bugs and stuff away--but the problem is--they'll make you're clothes smell like your great grandma's clothes chest, too. lol Don't laugh--but wintergreen lifesavers--the candy? (will also make your clothes smell but not as badly as mothballs) Will keep bugs away....and also something a little less powerful-----lavender. There's also cedar...people have their closets lined with cedar (paper--thin shavings from the wood) or real cedar boards---but you can also get pieces of cedar and just stick them in your closet--that should help if you have a moth problem, too. It's not an overpowering smell. But yeah--I agree with washing all your clothes--then try hanging some dried lavender or pieces of cedar in there to keep them fresh.

Are your clothes clean? Is there something in their that ISN'T suppose to be there? o_O

Or just spray some Frebreeze in there XD Or body spray to make it even better! Pwuahaha!

You should wash your wardrobe at least twice a year to keep them smelling fresh: once in the spring, then once in the fall.

After seasonal washings, stick one or two dryer sheets in random spots in the closet (you can tape or thumb-tack them to the wall if you'd like). This way, your clothes always smell like they're fresh from the laundry.

Also, try not to keep your shoes in your closet unless they're in covered boxes. Shoes smell, even when they're brand new, so a box will trap most of the odor. Stick dryer sheets on top of the boxes (putting them in the box may ruin the shoes, depending on the type of shoe and dryer sheets) or Febreeze your shoes before setting them in.

your wardrobe probably has a musky smell to it because of the moisture hanging around in the dark...you should buy one of those moisture aborbing boxes and stick them in your wardrobe so it's dry and fresh-ish

Guest IM TOKKI

Hmm the thing is i've already tried frebreeze and oust! (another brand of air freshener) and i've washed all my clothes in it. I use it for sweaters and hoodies only so it's not packed. i do have a lot of stored stuff in boxes though. =\

My dad told me tea leaves....what do you guys think? I don't want to put it in and make it worse.

umm i have a closet to put all my soaps and hygene stuff in there.. i swear it smells so good.. maybe you should put some soaps in ur closet?

Archived