Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

8 hours ago, gilaswan said:

So in effect, she’s still human albeit with special powers (that comes with the curse of running Del Luna), not dissimilar from CS who can see beings from the spirit world. Yes? No? 

Overall, she is still a human. But I get where the confusion is from since Chan Sung referred to her from earlier episodes as a ghost, how he finds it funny to see a ghost putting a seat belt on :D..and the 4th Ma Go is like waiting for her to become a vengeful spirit (which I assume you become only if you're a spirit or a ghost?). So yeah, maybe she's in between a ghost and a spirit as she's too powerful for a human.

9 hours ago, Ondine said:

What is YJG doing hanging around on set in his Harry Potter glasses on his off time? :lol:  And I guess catching car keys is something they don't teach you in Harvard. Aww, Madame Choi is as caring off-cam as she his on-cam. Poor Yeon Woo,  he gets no respect in the old times. :lol:

Awww...I find that sweet how he finds time to visit even if it's his day off. Some actors do that too, mostly to show their moral support to their co-stars. And I love that YJG is keeping up! :D

7 hours ago, berny2 said:

Team Chan Seung  OR  Team Chung Myung

I think if CM character did not turn out that way, for me personally he' could have been a  very strong contender..hahhhha... he first got me in that scene when they fell off the horse and he uncovered MW 's face, and like how he was so mesmerized and stunned by her beauty

If his character was not depicted as shady in the latter part, I would have been wavering from him to CS, and back again..... but that tragic episode of Yeon Woo kinda put CM character off for me. :mellow:

I would still be Team Chan Seung all the way even if CM didn't do what he did...he he...but yes, the chemistry between him and MW when CM first laid eyes on her is sparking. I mean, IU always has the best chemistry with whoever she pairs up with...even Yeon Woo :)...lucky girl, she's getting all the men in this drama....HAHAHA...

4 hours ago, ynnubdraobyek said:

Apart from the OST there's other music in the show. Couldn't find any discussion or any list on the internet. Anyone know? XD

You mean like the BGMs? I don't think they usually releases it while the drama is still ongoing. Normally, you can find them after, if someone compiles all of them.

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Hmm... it just seemed as if she didnt pull the tip of jacket forceful enough, to make it fall off... 

But nvm, i will let it slide and enjoy the drama... hehe

Im team ManChang! :D

HAHAHA...well, she's a powerful person, so....maybe even if it doesn't seem so, it will appear as it is :P

1 hour ago, berny2 said:

Yeah I was also very impressed with the action stunts/fighting scenes she did here... her moves has gotten really amazing. 
Immense improvement... and LDH has no double too right? it's actually him? great synchronicity these two have..some moves were kinda fast and dangerous there...and they did them smoothly. wow.

:hushed:

Maybe doing yoga helps her to do her stunts more gracefully too :D...

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

13 minutes ago, Ondine said:

But IU said in her interviews that Man Wol is human, not a ghost. Like in this one:

Because if she is a human, that defies the reason turning into ashes when she harm a human. A human harming another human will get wordly punishment, not becoming a target by 4th Mago who can't wait to turn her into ashes. Only a spirit who lingers in the world and harming human in the process will be vanished.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

Hello!! Sorry for the intrusion but about Man Wol i think she's a human turned to immortal from the first episode!

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

20 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

In the HDL poster shot of the cast, is the hand through CS’s arm a spook’s hand??

Yep, it is:mrgreen:

• Like 2
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 4

13 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

Because if she is a human, that defies the reason turning into ashes when she harm a human. A human harming another human will get wordly punishment, not becoming a target by 4th Mago who can't wait to turn her into ashes. Only a spirit who lingers in the world and harming human in the process will be vanished.

I don't think anyone in the show has said as yet that she (in her present state) was going to be dusted for harming a human. In the 7th episode Dark Mago said (as translated) "she will be sent to the afterlife as an evil spirit," so that's not dusting; I think that's just being reincarnated as hangover soup. The dusting scene was Chansung's fear; it wasn't necessarily a vision.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

I would still be Team Chan Seung all the way even if CM didn't do what he did...he he...but yes, the chemistry between him and MW when CM first laid eyes on her is sparking. I mean, IU always has the best chemistry with whoever she pairs up with...even Yeon Woo :)...lucky girl, she's getting all the men in this drama....HAHAHA...

------------☆

Maybe doing yoga helps her to do her stunts more gracefully too :D...

Yeah indeed, not many female leads are this shippable .. hahha meaning someone who can create natural and flowing connection & chemistry with her partner.  

Me, i would have regarded both CS and CM equally, but CM has become a baddie ...and well there can only be one male lead...hahha

Yoga

It is really amazing, i've tried some basic sessions before and it has helped me a lot too. I'm glad IU has learned and practices yoga.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, berny2 said:

Team Chan Seung  OR  Team Chung Myung

I think if CM character did not turn out that way, for me personally he' could have been a  very strong contender..hahhhha... he first got me in that scene when they fell off the horse and he uncovered MW 's face, and like how he was so mesmerized and stunned by her beauty

If his character was not depicted as shady in the latter part, I would have been wavering from him to CS, and back again..... but that tragic episode of Yeon Woo kinda put CM character off for me. :mellow:

Team Chansung all the way! I never really found Smirkalot attractive; to me he looked like a run-of-the-mill flower boy. And he was way too slick from the start; that's the kind of guy that you think is so cool when you're young and naive, but in the end he's just going to give you grief. (And boy did he ever give her grief.) As for Chansung...get you a man who's seen the very worst part of you and still decides he wants to stay with you and support you. :)

• Like 8
  • Love 6

52 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

I forget where I saw in a teaser, she said "I just existed" I believe she is a human that her time stopped and she can't die even if she want to because she has some super power, and I believe 4th Mago was referring that she will become evil spirit after she died.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

I don't think anyone in the show has said as yet that she (in her present state) was going to be dusted for harming a human. In the 7th episode Dark Mago said "she will be sent to the afterlife as an evil spirit," so that's not dusting. The dusting scene was Chansung's fear; it wasn't necessarily a vision.

I'm not really referring to any scene, I am talking about the concept. Don't forget she nearly harm Mira before CS saved her, else, if Mira ever died because she can't withstand the overwhelming curse by MW, those deities especially the 4th will surely go after her. The 4th won't do anything to her if she is a human, just like those filthy video cam jerks and the serial killer. That's why, 2nd Mago said to CS that it was not MW that protecting him, CS is the one who protected her (from the 4th Mago as she become the evil spirit who harm a human - Mira). Besides, during CS first visit to the hotel, Bartender Kim did mention that out of all ghost in the hotel, MW is the worst one. 

Okay, I may have unnecessarily bring up the debate about whether MW is still a human or actually a ghost/spirit. Hahahaha. :phew::rolleyes:

I am in no intention to fight anyone about it. It's just difference of opinion.. and I am stating my opinion that MW is already dead when she first found Mago. I am changing my stance that she's already a spirit. 

Because that would cleanly explain how MW found the Guesthouse of the Moon, and the meaning behind some of Mago's words when MW draw her sword to Mago (from tvN Asia subtitle):

MW: Tell me. I'm trying to do right by the people I have killed. 

Mago: How will you take responsibility for other people's lives when you can't even take care of yours?  (I look carefully the tone and the expression Mago had here, she seems questioning, how would MW take responsibility of her dead gang when she herself already get killed)

MW: I said I would cut your tongue off if you didn't stop with the drivel. Just tell me how to get there. So long as I can get to the dead, I can even kill myself right now.

Mago: I pity you for your vain belief that your own life will settle the score.

MW: This life of mine is all I have left to give.

Mago: The Moon Inn is where the dead gather together. The wandering dead find their way there on their own.

(I noted the change in MW expressions here upon hearing this)

Then the scene when the ghost soldiers riding horse coming.. if MW is a human, she wouldn't be able to see those ghosts, and also the ghosts of her gang. She haven't even bestow with any special ability when she first met Mago. 

Then flashback to the scene where MW fought those soldiers. Then she picked up her bloodied scarf, and the scene back to where she met Mago, she hold the scarf and came into realization that she's already dead. 

MW: Is this it? Did I kill everyone and become a spirit with a grudge to find my own way to the Moon Inn? 

I think MW's vengeance was so strong that she didn't realize her soul already left her dead physical body. Just like CS's dad didn't realize his soul left the body that on the verge of dying because all he could think was running away. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

7 minutes ago, Ondine said:

As for Chansung...get you a man who's seen the very worst part of you and still decides he wants to stay with you and support you.

True. Which is why I like him a lot. He also had a chance to run away after discovering what MW did in the past and seeing her being angry, bossy, unforgiving and prideful but he still chose to stay and protect her. I like that he understands where MW is coming from, that she's like that because of her past and that she's actually really a good person. 

3 minutes ago, wenlhy said:

I believe 4th Mago was referring that she will become evil spirit after she died

I think this is because 4th Mago is expecting that when MW meets CM again, she will do something horrible that will make her a vengeful spirit like the woman who was victimized by the hidden camera. The other Mago chose CS to enter MW's life because she thinks CS is capable of protecting MW, meaning he can stop MW from doing horrible things that will make her a vengeful spirit. 

Since someone else raised the idea that perhaps MW is a ghost (which I don't believe as yet because so far we all know she is human whose time has stopped), what if MW really is a ghost and she can't move on not until she realizes that she is one. It's unlikely but could be a plot. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

True. Which is why I like him a lot. He also had a chance to run away after discovering what MW did in the past and seeing her being angry, bossy, unforgiving and prideful but he still chose to stay and protect her. I like that he understands where MW is coming from, that she's like that because of her past and that she's actually really a good person.

I actually consider what she did to Mira in the present time as her darkest and worst moment (so far). I mean, she wanted to torture an innocent woman for the rest of her life. (Mira and princess aren't the same person anymore.) That's really effed up. And Chansung stayed with her even after that. If that's not being crazy in love, then what is. :P

14 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Since someone else raised the idea that perhaps MW is a ghost (which I don't believe as yet because so far we all know she is human whose time has stopped), what if MW really is a ghost and she can't move on not until she realizes that she is one. It's unlikely but could be a plot. 

Yeah, that doesn't seem likely, but it would qualify as the writers doing their show dirty. :D

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Turning into dust is for evil spirit punishment; evil spirit is called evil spirit because while being ghost/spirit they harm human in the process of exacting their revenge. Just like what happened to Room 13 guest. She is a ghost who has a lot of grudge to human, especially to those who caused her humiliation when she was alive which lead to her death. The guest was in a very special room to keep her from running away to the human world. As long as she stays there and slowly forget about her grudge and willingly proceed to afterlife, she would be safe from 4th Mago. But, instead she succeeded in running away and harm few human in the process and hence turn into dust or ash. 

This mirrors with how the hotel is a safe haven for MW, keeping her there and cannot be outside in the human world more than a day, and that will keep her from encountering CM and Mira and causing her to go berserk harming them. That's why for over thousand years, she never met them, she was actually kept by the hotel (or Mago) from encountering CM and SH reincarnation. She will be able to tell even if they have different face. 

But, perhaps it has been too long that she hasn't been able let go of her unresolved grudge. After only watching by side to let MW figure out how to let go by herself all those years, I think the first Mago decided to go offensive by choosing a pure and good-hearted CS who sees good in other people, and change MW. CS is the variable thrown by the deities, to be either the medicine or the poison to MW. This means, CS may be able to turn MW's heart from following her grudge to forgiving OR CS may be the reason she harm other human. Mira was the first test. She tried to abandon him because she doesn't want to get weak-hearted if anything causing her to harm other people and again end up hurting CS. But CS cling to her.. which never been done by anyone, not in her past nor all those years. 

Well, I am viewing the drama in a new light now that I realize MW is not a human anymore, since it answered a lot of things for me. :DThat's why they never talk about her growing old but rather jump straight to seeing her off to afterlife. That mean, she resolved her grudge and able to move on to afterlife. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

Team Chan Sung all the way too.

I always kinda felt from the start that CM has to turn evil to be useful plotwise, or just be the normal useless second male lead. I dont understand 2nd lead syndrome, those boys are often just fillers to have enough material for 16 episodes :p

CS had been upright since he was young, and was pretty attractive characterwise from the first episode. He was smart, chased by large corporations, very rational and not overacting (vs most male leads). If there is a CS in my real life, I would definitely crush on him from the start. Then, he developed into this kind and dependable character, so really fell in love with him.

I think they kept things vague for MW. My own guess is she was alive when eating at MaGo's eatery, she could not see the ghost inn then. Then, she put a sword on her neck, and then she saw ghosts. So she might have crossed somewhere in between those moments. She did say that she only has her life to give. So maybe, MaGo gave her the ability to see the ghost inn in exchange of her life (her blood flowed in the sword). Or maybe she was transformed into a deity, a minor one who can still "die" or still be under the rules for the human soul while getting superpowers, so she is in between, not 100% human so she need not be alive or dead, but still having a soul that the MaGos are waiting to claim

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

Its a little strange that MW doesnt fell like the captain is around her.

At the present , only he is not in human form.

He is lonely and lost. I dont like it.

He carries his guilt for a thousand years, but also

the princess' part of the guilt.

But, I like that he and CS are still connected. :)

• Like 2
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, berny2 said:

Yeah indeed, not many female leads are this shippable .. hahha meaning someone who can create natural and flowing connection & chemistry with her partner.  

Me, i would have regarded both CS and CM equally, but CM has become a baddie ...and well there can only be one male lead...hahha

Hope we do not condemn some character to fast here, since from the beginning seemingly the writers give it a hint here and there, CS is CM half soul.  

Even this idea is not working for me since beginning but we couldn't denied they {CS&CM] always mirrored one act or simply talk in same manner in past to present.

The indicated they are  the same person in different chasing is more convenient in the last press releases.

That's way till now we didn't get the closure of the bride room scenes.

So let's waiting the crucial scenes be presented before we are drawn deeply into unreasonable hate or spreading hates to another character at least give it respect to writers to tell their stories to the end.

I think after the hints about dog soul wanna went to after living with the owner I get hunch actually that the real reason why fireflies always been there with MW and the tree.

The choices to directly went to unknown realms is dependent on the person itself unless they made bad deeds so their souls been vanished or wondering as evils spirit.

And the recent twist could it be the unwanted baby CS story. This is a red treat to intertwined why CS has CM memories in my opinion CS maybe born in dangers situations(stillborn] but somehow the firefly and MG helped him to back alive and under that reason MG blessed baby CS new livewire put in firefly soul dormant to assist CS growing well.

It's just my assumption/prediction it will be or not be ,we have no power to interrupted what is been decided by the writers unless we want to writing our own story in our preferred.

Be nice soompier

Have a beautiful Freeday

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@Yana Mujay

That is my own opinion and observation on how his character turned out, but of course each one of us here has a different take on it, and just to be clear i am not forcing anyone to agree with me.

• Like 7

Awwww I think she wants to show the rainbow to CS? Is that what the caption says? 

I hope CS replies

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I am not saying that he is or isn't, but there is no indication yet that CM felt guilty about what happened to MW. Who knows, maybe he was happy for the rest of that lifetime. He now has a top position and he got rid of the princess he was not attracted to. He might have conquered more lands and maybe became a good ruler to his people because he was smart and talented. He might have done something bad to MW, but we dont know the rest of his legacy. Maybe, when he was older and wiser, he could have felt remorse for the lives he has taken, but those were necessary for leaders and conquerors at the time he was alive in. It maybe tragic  but it could be that MW's world revolved around hating him for a thousand years, but that he hardly thought of her during that lifetime, and in this lifetime, he will just be a passing person, a guy with a beautiful wife, kid and good karma, that we see in the epilogue, and he does not play any part in MW's redemption at all. 

5 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Awwww I think she wants to show the rainbow to CS? Is that what the caption says? 

google agrees with your translations. haha. But I am thinking IU wants to show it to YJG <3

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

52 minutes ago, berny2 said:

@Yana Mujay

That is my own opinion and observation on how his character turned out, but of course each one of us here has a different take on it, and just to be clear i am not forcing anyone to agree with me.

Nope... it's not personal to me too.

But somehow some of us gathered just to slandering certain characters who even his scenes when you compiled not worthy of an hour of our time to watch it. 

These sounds bitterness but we tend to blame one mistake and closed eyes to a lot of good deeds who presented well in front of our eyes.

(Hmmm, ironically what happened to CM character is reflected IU real life story...With all her good deeds she still get unreasonable backlash]

Yes its just matters of opinion and about perspective.

Just to remind us to bring back to the basics story.

He is Man Wol Savior

Maybe CM character is just fillers for some of Us but how half page of this thread drawn to discuss his character  is pretty interesting thou.

lt indicated that JMW young story would be a real brilliant idea to writings down and to stand alone.

A descendant noble family become a leader of a gang of thieves.

Hmmm so intrigue.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1