[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

So now with the appearance of Yeon-Woo & Mi-Ra, where does this leave Chung-Myung ..? Or is he in the embodiment of Chan-Sung ..?

I'm glad Man-Weol finally accepts that she needs Chan-Sung even if he is at risk, she needs him as much as he needs her. 

Ugh I wonder what that serial killer wants with Chan-Sung? Also Sanchez looked visibly unsettled by his presence. I was worried Mi-Ra was goin' to sell the painting to get the money for herself LoL. Ahahah at Man-Weol callin' Chan-Sung a greedy Harvard thief!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

So now with the appearance of Yeon-Woo & Mi-Ra, where does this leave Chung-Myung ..? Or is he in the embodiment of Chan-Sung ..?

I'm glad Man-Weol finally accepts that she needs Chan-Sung even if he is at risk, she needs him as much as he needs her. 

Ugh I wonder what that serial killer wants with Chan-Sung? Also Sanchez looked visibly unsettled by his presence. I was worried Mi-Ra was goin' to sell the painting to get the money for herself LoL. Ahahah at Man-Weol callin' Chan-Sung a greedy Harvard thief!

And another thing is that the killer is very human. He doesn’t seem to be possessed like Yuna. So in the description, it says CS’s friend that was killed. Perhaps this killer is related to the friend who was actually killed? Because Sanchez does look very uncomfortable with this guy’s presence. But this guy looks nothing like a ghost out for revenge.

lol i also just love how CS wouldn’t split up the money so MW goes and ask the president if he has a secret stash anywhere else :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

And another thing is that the killer is very human. He doesn’t seem to be possessed like Yuna. So in the description, it says CS’s friend that was killed. Perhaps this killer is related to the friend who was actually killed? Because Sanchez does look very uncomfortable with this guy’s presence. But this guy looks nothing like a ghost out for revenge.

lol i also just love how CS wouldn’t split up the money so MW goes and ask the president if he has a secret stash anywhere else :joy:

I wonder if CS's friend is amongst the ghosts bellhop already brought to the hotel?  I do not like serial killer's interest in CS.  Freaky.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I believe this college friend is the one that was mentioned. He is  human but has a rotten soul like the guy from the first episode. We can't be sure that the description meant he would be literally vengeful spirit. Plus I think this guy is here to stay for more than a couple of episodes. I mean he is human who is out for CS and poses as a potential threat to the detective ('cause I  do believe the history would repeat itself in some way). Which is another test for MW from Gods to see if she'd be able to reign in her emotions without killing this psycho.

Lol MW was so obvious trying to find the president secret funds no wonder he would try match-make his granddaughter with uri CS-shi.:joy:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@vangsweetie637 said:-

Man-Weol is still bitter 'bout the missed fortune at the sunflower field I see!:lol: Chan-Sung is awesome husband material (that Baby Shark adorbs LoL) he's good with money so at least Man-Weol will never need to worry 'bout goin' poor. B);)

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, juju84 said:

All I know is this psycho killer guy is a dead meat already 'cause if even one hair falls from either CS or the detective heads forget Mago MW would personally turn him into dust:rage: She would not allow anyone hurting YW for the second time.

err no please.. that would literally fall into the test of 4th MaGo.. she can’t wait to see MW turn into ashes.. :crazy: but i hope the serial killer is not here to make it a final ending for MW.. if the tree starts to sprout flowers and bloom.. when the flowers fall, MW clock will start clicking again.. i wonder does that mean she becomes a human and loses her current magical power? then that might interlink YW (as a policeman) CS and MW back again.. and the victim might not be CS. if the serial killer has a grudge against CS, he might use the human MW against him..

• Like 4

This NG is too cute. Expectation: Chansung's deep, dulcet tones. Reality:

Stuff I liked/noticed after watching with subs:

Spoiler

- Chansung basically telling Mago I'm not really that good of a person. It's just that I'm in love. Ayiiiieeee :wub: I did like that he was vacillating and he wasn't just blindly and unhesitatingly choosing Man Wol no matter what, and that he wanted to think things through. I think it makes him less of a cinnamon roll, in a good way.

- I love that even the supernatural can't escape the reality of taxes and the logistics of moving house. :lol:

- The Jang Man Wol x Kim Sun Bi show was funny, even though it was mostly her hurling verbal abuse at him. Idk, their dynamic just works to hilarious effect for me.

- Speaking of hilarious, Sanchez appeared for all of two minutes but he made sure it was gold. Him sussing out that Man Weol dumped Chansung because she left him with the painting..."I've seen a few members of my yacht club do the same thing" bwahahaha! And "He's going to be sad whenever he hears the national anthem" omg Sanchez stoppppp :lol: :lol: :lol:

- How can anyone say Man Wol x Chansung aren't the true OTP when they're constantly arguing about money like an old married couple. :lol: And yes, Chansung is indeed a "greedy scammer from Harvard," keeping his sales strategy from Man Wol! And Chansung planning to win her over with money, bahaha. Also Man Wol is the cutest trying to pry information about secret money stashes from dead hotel owner.

- Don't get what the message about the spring spirit was. I thought it was an environmental message until I got to the end of the story. He decided to stop being useful to a rural community so he could be useful to an ultra-rich dude who had his own private spring? W.T.F.

- Walking in a field in 5-inch stilettos---Man Wol is da real MVP.

- Looks like the same forest Yeon Woo got captured in, and now he's there with a mission to capture. Noice. What's with the bad hair coloring job tho. :crazy:

- Yoona's "Why did I say that on this mountain full of ghosts?" is a winner.

- Man Wol and Chansung continuing their thing of being brutally honest to each other about what they think and how they feel about each other but not labeling any of it. It is what it is, they feel what they feel. I think that's one of the things that make them unique from other K-drama OTPs, and also why it seems many netizens don't get them. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

So I just saw episode 9 and my favorite lines, the most hilarious ones, were delivered by minor characters :D

CS to the Realtor: Are you human? 

Realtor: Do I not look like one? 

Then the tax man "dying" for the second time due to overworking. HAHAHAHA

Sanchez saying CS will be sad everytime the national anthem plays because it's about the Baekdu mountain in the painting MW left him. Can you imagine? Everytime the national anthem plays CS will sigh and get depressed.

The ghost showing CS the blue and red toilet paper

These scenes were hilarious. 

Also, I'd find it funny if there's a ghost in the hotel who can't move on because his/her favorite drama isn't over yet. Then CS asks him/her what's the drama about and the ghost tells CS the plot of Hotel Del Luna. 

Ghost: The drama is about a hotel that takes in ghosts just like this, and the manager and the hotel owner are in love. It's taking sooo long for them to admit their feelings to one another. The manager hasn't even kissed her yet. What a weakling that manager. 

CS (appearing insulted): Psssssh why call him a weakling? What if he's just taking his time and looking for the right timing?!?!?!?! How about you?! You can't move on just because of a drama.

Overall, this is quite a satisfying episode, although not that much because while they were indirectly confessing their love for each other, I'm still looking for something deeper. 

Glad to see YJG and IU sharing photos online, IU in her personal account as well. I love the photos of her with YJG looking at their phones, probably watching the episode. They seem closer now than before when IU was a little awkward towards him. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I also really like NDR’s cameo. I think he mirrors the relationship between MW and CS. How one is afraid to be abandoned so one abandons first when the other one can still miss them. If we think of it, MW is scared of the love growing so she chooses to abandon it first while CS can still turn back. They miss each other but are afraid. However, just like the Spirit, they have to find another place to grow because eventually people will learn to adapt again. For the spirit, he is at ease in a new place. For MW and CS, they have to hold on as everything continues to change. The spirit decided to let go of the place he was tied to. Perhaps MW also has to let go. Plus, every ghost pulls MW and CS even closer to each other. 

I agree with you guys! Wet CS and Baby Shark CS is hot and adorable!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

This NG is too cute. Expectation: Chansung's deep, dulcet tones. Reality:

Stuff I liked/noticed after watching with subs:

Hide contents

- Chansung basically telling Mago I'm not really that good of a person. It's just that I'm in love. Ayiiiieeee :wub: I did like that he was vacillating and he wasn't just blindly and unhesitatingly choosing Man Wol no matter what, and that he wanted to think things through. I think it makes him less of a cinnamon roll, in a good way.

- I love that even the supernatural can't escape the reality of taxes and the logistics of moving house. :lol:

- The Jang Man Wol x Kim Sun Bi show was funny, even though it was mostly her hur

- Don't get what the message about the spring spirit was. I thought it was an environmental message until I got to the end of the story. He decided to stop being useful to a rural community so he could be useful to an ultra-rich dude who had his own private spring? W.T.F.

- Walking in a field in 5-inch stilettos---Man Wol is da real MVP.

I don't get the water spirit story either, in its own right or as part of the larger Man Wol arc.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I also really like NDR’s cameo. I think he mirrors the relationship between MW and CS. How one is afraid to be abandoned so one abandons first when the other one can still miss them. If we think of it, MW is scared of the love growing so she chooses to abandon it first while CS can still turn back. They miss each other but are afraid. However, just like the Spirit, they have to find another place to grow because eventually people will learn to adapt again. For the spirit, he is at ease in a new place. For MW and CS, they have to hold on as everything continues to change. The spirit decided to let go of the place he was tied to. Perhaps MW also has to let go. Plus, every ghost pulls MW and CS even closer to each other. 

I think Man Wol running away from Chansung was more of her wanting to protect him from herself. By episode 6 she had admitted her feelings to herself, but it took the carnival debacle for her to decide to run from him, because she ended up seriously hurting him. She has feelings for him, but she also still has her massive anger and guilt and she knew he'd end up getting hurt again and again if he stayed with her. In other dramas dealing with other circumstances and other characters it would be noble idiocy, but I think it's not in this case; I think it's justified. She really is a cruel and dangerous person, and even Chansung understands that. 

@lollyminx I'm glad YJG seems to have won her over too and that she seems more comfortable with him now. She mentioned in an interview for this show, I think, that she doesn't warm up to people easily, and that there have been times when she wasn't able to warm up to some of her co-stars even until the end of filming.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I think Man Wol running away from Chansung was more of her wanting to protect him from herself. By episode 6 she had admitted her feelings to herself, but it took the carnival debacle for her to decide to run from him, because she ended up seriously hurting him. She has feelings for him, but she also still has her massive anger and guilt and she knew he'd end up getting hurt again and again if he stayed with her. In other dramas dealing with other circumstances and other characters it would be noble idiocy, but I think it's not in this case; I think it's justified. She really is a cruel and dangerous person, and even Chansung understands that. 

I agree :) but the topic of ‘abandonment’ was mentioned by the Spirit. And at one point, CS did feel abandoned and unwanted, like he was just in the way by MW. The Spirit kind of relates to that which can be why he only wanted to see CS. As his well begins to dry, people will start to not want him and soon will abandon him. Hence, for him, it was better to abandon first than to be abandoned. I agree that MW left as a means to protect CS from the dangers and herself. But her action didn’t prevent CS from feeling abandoned. It can be said for the same thing in MW’s past: CM’s actions didn’t prevent her from feeling betrayed. 

In this episode, we finally get a concrete image of CS’s deep fear which was shown through the Spirit. The Spirit is scared of abandonment and CS is scared of losing MW without being able to do anything. Both MW and CS want to protect each other which is different from the Spirit’s way of dealing with his fear (move away before he is forgotten). Maybe this is not a mirror of the relationship between MW and CS but more like a parallel. It is the opposite of the Spirit’s actions even though he chose to be in a new place.

Oddly, I am actually not upset at MW for leaving CS because we actually understand the reason. And so glad that noble idiocy doesn’t last in this drama (i will go crazy!). I like persistence in a couple’s relationship. I like seeing it from CS to MW. I think from now on, we will be seeing how CS will prevent MW from disappearing as his fear showed. Perhaps the Spirit showed him his fear so that he can realize it and change her fate. Or maybe he is playing to our favor and forcing them to confess even more :P B)

• Like 9
  • Love 1