[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

The description of the supporting characters 

Thanks to the account 

IMG-20190808-104818.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lily92 said:

How tragic would it be if actually the past story ended last episode?? I mean what if the second half of this drama will solely focus on CS and MW relationship unless the twist is that CM will be back.. Also YW that i think reborn as someone with a good heart cause the sacrifice that he made for MW...... That will be epic story if all MW past will be back cause CS opening the path.. :sweatingbullets:

in orders to end  MW cursed and when CS  is not reincarnation one of them likely they're will appears again in the present..

• Like 6

So MagoShin has 12 sisters!! We only seen 4 of them. What will happen when 12 of them appear . i something major going to happen if 12 of them appear together!! ( But bravo for the actress who plays them. I love her portrayals on many different shows!)

What if Koo Chanseong goes to the police for help to find Hotel Del Luna and meets CM as the Captain of the Police!!:lol:

Another think I thought was that the tree is YW and the sword is CM???

• Like 3
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

So MagoShin has 12 sisters!! We only seen 4 of them. What will happen when 12 of them appear . i something major going to happen if 12 of them appear together!!

What if Koo Chanseong goes to the police for help to find Hotel Del Luna and meets CM as the Captain of the Police!!:lol:

It will be a disaster, 12 Gods in same room?

A lots discussion a bunch arguments catastrophe to life being:sweat:

IMG-20190807-133512.jpg

Lol..nice plot likely .

How i wish Saturday came faster :)

we really need these comings episode to know what's behind the bloody Brideroom.

(Some cried, some crush him some despised him)

meanwhile.....

Behind the scenes :P

Ctto.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

22 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

Lol..nice plot likely .

How i wish Saturday came faster :)

we really need these comings episode to know what's behind the bloody Brideroom.

(Some cried, some crush him some despised him)

meanwhile.....

Behind the scenes :P

Ctto.

I wish Saturday was here, too. I cannot wait to see the next episodes.

Love the BTS. Waiting for the full video to come out :)

• Like 7
  • Love 1

This is just random thought on the timeline in the drama, taking interest on a bit of historical aspect of different kingdom era in Korea.

Over the discussion in the thread, we just round up that MW has been punished for 1000 years. But the exact number is actually 1300 years. It can be seen from the caption from one of the flashback and also an interview with IU and YJG, where YJG stated that MW has been around for 1300 years.

At first I also just round it up as 1000 years every time I comment about the episode, even though I did write a post mentioning that MW's past happened 1300 years ago after one of the episode with the caption "1300 years ago".

So, I end up calculated the timeline as 1000 years, that's why I came up with, though sounds silly (with the intention of cross over), the possibility that CM is one of the many princes of Goryeo kingdom (just as in Moon Lovers) if based on the 1000 years back of time period. LOL! Because that was the time when Wang Geon established Goryeo (year 918) after overthrowing Gung Ye.

However, after reading the above character description posted by @Yana Mujay, I realized we have been rounding up the timeline too much, because that's the lost of a freaking 300 years of agony for MW. So, the time period during MW's past actually happened in 8th century during Later Silla period (way before the Moon Lovers thingy. LOL! :D). From wikipedia of Later Silla:

"Throughout its existence, Later Silla was plagued by intrigue and political turmoil in its newly conquered northern territory, caused by the rebel groups and factions in Baekje and Goguryeo"

They lived in an era with a lot of political turmoil happening. There were rebellions here and there. Of course, in the eyes of the monarch at that time, MW and her gang were the criminals plotting/committing treason. So, the action of Princess Song Hwa at that time is justified for that era. Though she may be punished with negative karmic reincarnation over different lifetime for her impure intention of killing MW's gang, not really because of sense of duty but --- jealousy (?).

From the character description, indeed CM actually was not just a mere Captain, but actually one of the General at that time. As I said in my previous post, the emblem on his forehead doesn't reflect who he said he is because only royals and high ranking officials such as general wears the headpiece with emblem like that. If we have Korean chingu here, correct me if I am wrong about that. Based on the description, his root came from the fallen noble family from Goguryeo era who surrendered. That's why he said he came from the same root as MW. That also explains why he is willing to follow MW, risking his life for abandoning his duty as a general and betray his family loyalty to the monarch at that time - because he is also one of them, having the same root, apart from his love for MW. He has been conflicting about it. But, MW's answer (which to me she actually doesn't want CM to risk his life if he goes with her), just 1 answer, made CM retreat to follow his duty as the general at that time. 

I also think that CM and YW had already agreed to let MW go in exchange of YW being executed. I mentioned about the possibility that YW made the sacrifice in exchange to save MW's live, just like what he said to her under the tree. 

Sorry for babbling too much about the timeline unnecessarily. Hahahahah

I'm just interested in the history of Korean Kingdoms and wondering which era did MW live in the past before she became the owner of Guesthouse of the Moon. Please correct me if I'm wrong about the supposed kingdom period. 

I am having this funny thought by myself, a cross over of HDL and Moon Lovers.

Since MW became the guesthouse owner during Later Silla, so, she lived through to see the establishment of Goryeo. That was the period depicted in Moon Lovers. Imagine having MW accidentally met Hae Soo, that would be shocking for both of them having the exact same face - one who frozen in time, another one is time travelling. LOL.

And another scenario, when Wang So died, his unfulfilled regret surely is about Hae Soo. Imagine he went to Guesthouse of the Moon to comfort his longing to Hae Soo, and found that the owner has the exact same face. LOl! I couldn't imagine that would be a hilarious scene or a heart-wrenching one. :joy:

Okay, done with my lengthy babbling. 

Please excuse my silliness. :rolleyes::phew:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Insightful 3

This tension again.....

I cannot with his intense gaze :sweatingbullets:  and her messy hair....

48485987901_76b922b117_z.jpg

^_^..... i refuse to acknowledge..that my imagination is wild

I want to mess up his hair too...waaahahaha

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

On 8/7/2019 at 3:52 PM, lollyminx said:

Also, I want more IU and Jin Goo sweet, behind the scenes videos. I'm this close to shipping them in real life, which isn't always a good idea. :D

Ha ha...the shipping part did cross my mind too^^. As they are both shy type of a person, so glad to see them comfortable with each other with the recent BTS vids. I guess YJG's playfulness plays a part as well :D.

On 8/7/2019 at 4:27 PM, Ondine said:

I hope IU and Jin Goo become good friends, the food truck-sending kind so we can get some cute reminders of ManChan couple in the future. I'm not getting romantic vibes from them, but I do think they're less awkward with each other in the latest video.

..ikr :D..those sending food trucks warms your heart, seeing how they are good friends so yeah, hopefully they become close to that extent as well ^^..

22 hours ago, HM BhndThCrtn said:

In all instances as well, we just heard her mentioned YW's name (with so much sadness) not CM. Not unless, it does really hurt for her to even mention CM's name.

Speaking of the names...still a mystery why CM's name was never mentioned until ep 8 during all those flashbacks. And we never heard it from MW's mouth but actually from Song Hwa. Even CS only knows YW's name as well.

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Gosh, the second half of ep.8 got me crying rivers... :bawling::bawling::bawling: What unfortunate events MW had to endure... no wonder the hate in her heart...

And I thought the standard formula is to have a kiss at ep.8, yet we get a noble idiocy pulled by the FL??

My thoughts exactly! Poor YW...it hurts more how despite everything, YW even managed to smile at her, as if reassuring her that it's all right..

..ha ha..looks like HDL is breaking that ep 8 kiss norm..we only had that room 13 kiss, which was never even addressed...LOL..

@brielover ..there was no mention of YW and CM's name about the coffin. MW merely said, "They're people who ended up dying because of me". But as @angelbeast90 said, before MW's sword got sucked in by the tree, a flashback of those events relating to CM and YW was shown. So it's like MW's promise to YW to come back is what's tying her to the tree but so is her grudge (the sword). 

------------------------------------------

SIMILAR SCENARIOS....

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-08-2.gif Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-08-1.gif Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-08-3.gif 

...but with DIFFERENT FEELINGS..

And oh, let me just applaud YJG here..this scene is beautiful and heartbreaking..add to it Punch's beautiful OST in this..

Spoiler

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-08-4.gif

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-08-5.gif

Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-08-6.gif Watch-Hotel-del-Luna-Episode-08-7.gif 

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

For any new Uaenas (IU fans)

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

Kiddo who's ever work as Manager  HDL donated the precious art to University instead sale it...B)

the dream bubble for a yacht and crates of champagne just went POP!! for MW.. lol

• LOL 9

4 hours ago, Ondine said:

Sulli and YJG filming at a coffee shop a two days ago:

I'm wondering if Sulli is a ghost or an old friend of GCS? I'm curious of what role she will play.

1 hour ago, Yana Mujay said:

Finally we knew  where's the Mount Baekdu painting ended :)

Kiddo who's ever work as Manager  HDL donated the precious art to University instead sale it...B)

GCS...the decent Man:thumbsup:

Good man, GCS, but JMW is going to be upset. She told you to sell it. Lol. :lol:

• LOL 8

12 hours ago, Yana Mujay said:

Can't denied how enchanting their Chemistry, in fact Man Wol the one who's always pushed him away, whenever with him she act cold, cynical even till last scene we never see her call that man name or even smiling, what we see is how she enthusiasts and how sweet she is whenever  talk with YW.

There's many of their

relationship not revealed yet. And i have faith on him there's big sacrifice within the Captain decision to punished some of MW gangs member and freed MW with the rest gangs.

What's come in my mind is When CS is not his reincarnation He will appear again as Doctor like Mira, or police or volunteers something who has profession involved in humanity or of course when he is the evils spirits we might never met him again in the story . since That's  how rules of reincarnation work does it?

Well said. Fingers crossed...:)

• Like 4

seems like the old mother Bok Hui in ep8 did provide a bit of insight.. she gave up the imaginary friend Gyeong Ah which she had created and held on for so many years , for the sake of her son and daughter in law.. the same as how MW will need to give up her grievances (be it anger with CM? or regrets for YW?) for the sake of CS.. :tears:

• Like 6

On 8/8/2019 at 5:32 AM, Yana Mujay said:

There's many of their

relationship not revealed yet. And i have faith on him there's big sacrifice within the Captain decision to punished some of MW gangs member and freed MW with the rest gangs.

What's come in my mind is When CS is not his reincarnation He will appear again as Doctor like Mira, or police or volunteers something who has profession involved in humanity or of course when he is the evils spirits we might never met him again in the story . since That's  how rules of reincarnation work does it?

Sorry to cut your post, chingu but even though I do believe that there's much more to CM's point of view of the past that we still don't know it doesn't make him any less resposiable for the blood he shed so there should also be the price he must pay with Gods. But than again the only thing that has befallen Mira as far as we see is her misfortune that accompanies her in daily life (thus the amulet her grandma gave her). Honestly I don't understand why she was granted quite a normal life for all the lives she took away. Gods have an odd way of judging and issuing their punishment. The only reason I can find for this decision is that her own life was forcibly taken away on her wedding day and that maybe served as extenuating circumstance of some sort.

So I think CM should also shoulder some responsibility no matter what were his reasons. Sure he paid a costly price but not with Gods hands.

To tell the truth I won't be very sad if we don't meet his reincarnation in the present day. The person who I really wish for MW to meet is YW.

As to the whether CS is CM reincarnation or not I guess we already have enough hints to make us pretty sure that the soul that reincarnates has the same face in each next life (we have Mira for example). If ofc it reincarnates as a human and not a pig)

@Ameera Ali 

She say her apologise  :joy:  Send her flying to his chest :lol: 

qVdV8Qn.gif

Lol, but who knew she could be such a cupid:joy: Another hint for uri couple to just make out already:heart::kiss_wink::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7