Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

wow ep 7 preview is great...i wonder if his ex girlfriend will die...i want more scenes from the past...

• Like 5

That was kind of sad toward the end of ep. 06... Why does it feel like it's foreshadowing a tragic end for Man-Weol??

The costume period drama ghost was fun! I'd admit the Sadako/Room #13 ghost scare me witless but I guess it's sort of satisfying LoL. She goes after men who enjoy watchin' lewd content. That was real sweet how Chan-Sung got Man-Weol Kim Joon-Hyun's autograph. The way she raises her voice when she's annoyed is cute. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

IZNp2L5.jpg

wuNLYhU.jpg

At first, I was confused which "she" did she meant to take good care of, because this scene was right after the scene showing the princess looking at the fight between CM and YW. And Ma Go said their connection has lasted for a very long time. I thought she meant for Mira. But, when I think again about what she said in Korean, the word "dol-bwa" which means take care has always been apply to MW since Ma Go met the adult CS. 

I think Mira will trigger something very painful and hurtful emotion from MW's memories. 

The three deities, it doesn't look like they are anticipating to send off MW away to afterlife though. They are working more to get MW be reminded of her past, perhaps wanting her to search what did she did wrong and admit her sin, as over 1000 years have passed, she still not admitting anything of her real sin, except thinking that she's been paying off her sin for killing by managing the hotel. 

Their conversation was so metaphoric about how the tree come to life again, that love could be either the remedy or poison or both, and how the youngest deity mad about the knit not match up as in she's weaving how their fate would end up with each other. 

This makes me wonder what potion or medicine exactly the second deity gave to CS. I don't think it's just simply for his strength and stamina to stay up because of the working hour at the hotel though. Just like the youngest deity gave the scissors to the bride ghost, I think the second deity gave a potion that will be useful in the future for CS. Perhaps saving him in some way? Hmmmmm.... :ph34r:

BTW, anyone know they are currently filming up to which episode already? Wait, are they still filming though? This is semi-produced, not pre-produced drama right?

Their clothes are still for spring though up to episode 6. I can't wait for MW's summer fashion parade!  Hahahahahah :love:

But if they keep it as spring season throughout the whole drama, it must be very hot and uncomfortable to shoot with all the gloves... aigoooyaaa MW. I wish to see you flaunt your summer wardrobe towards the end of the drama.  

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Oh dear,something wrong with my internet connection causing the post come up twice in a row. LOL! Can't find any button to delete the duplicate, so I edited the second one to this. :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Posted (edited)

ezgif-com-crop.gif 

CS: The ocean looks beautiful.

MW: Yes, indeed. It makes me sad. I'm a little sad...because the ocean...looks more beautiful now than it did earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~ ugh, the FEELS, man.

Pretty sure some of you were expecting a big revelation at the end of Ep 6 because IU has been hyping about it, but I just went in without any :D. The ending may not be as shocking or as big of a revelation as we expect it to be, but that confession is a very big step in MW's part. As her 'tree' is now starting to bloom. I think everyone can relate to that, where everything seems different (beautiful) when you are with a certain someone. It is indeed beautiful but also sad. I mean, just the thought of it already makes me sad...

giphy.gif 

--- Their connection has lasted for a very long time. I hope he takes good care of her so that she doesn't end up getting hurt again. ---

So even Ma Go thinks that sending CS may or may not be a good thing, as pointed out by one of the crones, he's either a remedy or a poison. Ah..that connection, I'm so curious already of the past. 

I feel ep 6 is kinda slow..but I enjoyed the first few minutes of JW's jealousy...ha ha...I can watch her get jealous all day! :P

..just the world "girlfriend" makes MW....

ezgif-com-add-text-1.gif 

.. and just thinking whether she's pretty or not already makes her furious, how much more if it's more than that...ha ha...I fear for Sanchez life, soo slow-witted, you boy, your head might roll one day :D...

Spoiler

ezgif-com-add-text.gif

..find someone like CS who can notice every single detail about you...that smile when he noticed MW wearing the earrings is sooo cute!!...and MW's reaction is everything :P...admit it, guuurl!..

Spoiler

ezgif-com-crop.gif

....this is literally me watching dramas...ahahaha...

Spoiler

ezgif-com-crop.gif

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif 

P.S..I was hopeful I can see Kim Soo Hyun cameo but appreciate just the mention of his name :P..I love all the cameos..looks like every episode, there's gonna be a cameo. Also love the reference to The Crowned Clown :D..

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Such beautiful scenes on the beach.

Both, past and present.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

You know, finally having watched the ending and those words to CS from MW about being sad..i can understand how beautiful it is. 

@lightbringer06 @ellelyana88 @Ondine The ending was not a huge revelation (I didn’t know what to expect but was just anticipating it lol) but it was such a beautiful sad moment from MW to CS. There’s this yearning we see from the previous scene when MW thinks about Firefly guard and their moment at the river bank. The scene suddenly becomes prettier because of firefly guard’s beautiful perspective addition of “you will be waiting for me to show up like today one day..” and behold there was CS who showed up and made her view of the beach even more beautiful with his thought of wanting her to be happy (this was so sweet). Someone mentioned the parallel between firefly guard scene and this one. And i see how beautifully sad it is. 

eN70z1l.gif

We are at episode 6 and we still haven’t received much answers hence our theories are still out in the open. But I still believe that CS is not a reincarnation of either YW or Firefly guard (although there are so many hints pointing at it). I think he is meant to be MW’s love in this lifetime. The one she had in the past left her in pain and rage, despair and sorrow. I believe CS is the love that will go right in the 1000 years of MW’s loneliness and yearning. I don’t think MW is particularly waiting for YW or Firefly guard. But her memories with them are so tied to her that she cannot move on. 

PS: haha i like all our nicknames for royal guard lol. I think we will be coming up with more as episodes come LOL! I simply cannot remember his name easily.

• Like 7

This drama is crazy hilarious 

5d3e1dc743a88136148848.gif?download

I can’t stop imagining her as chicken :mrgreen::yum:

download

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

5 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Ameera Ali ROTFL!!! That’s a whole new level of looking at it! 

Not like this guy :mrgreen::joy: , 

Can we all appreciate chocolato :lol: 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

17 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Ameera Ali LOL! I was laughing so much at that scene too! His English was so cute!!

*thank you very muccchhro* (that’s how it sounded to me :P )

He always the funny one & the innocent between them :D I couldn’t believe yesterday when he dressed for the blind date because he want to get married as if the bride would stay with him  :joy:

5d3e27e33b29c921805005.gif?download

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

New ratings high! 8.7% nationwide.

Translated Knetz comments on episode 6 by Melohwa:

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/07/hotel-del-luna-ep-6-spoilers-lee-ji-eun.html

My fave ones:

2. [+1248,-40]
The 'Reply' series was so interesting when we try to find the husband. This is just as interesting, but we find Goo Chan Sung instead.

7. [+187,-1]
Park Yoo Na ㅋㅋ It feels like this is an extension of her role in 'Sky Castle'. She studied in Harvard and cheated money in that drama too.. 

4. [+262,-10]
Yeo Jin Goo doesn't have a noona. The whole country is going to call him oppa. ㅋㅋㅋ

• Like 6
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

He always the funny one & the innocent between them :D I couldn’t believe yesterday when he dressed for the blind date because he want to get married as if the bride wouldn’t  go to the afterlife :joy:

I agree! I was laughing at Butler telling him that employees are not allowed to play!  

His humor and innocence is so fresh that’s  why it was heart breaking to see the little snippet of his memory too when playing the piano with 4th candidate. 

I am so glad ratings are high! :D

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I agree! I was laughing at Butler telling him that employees are not allowed to play!  

The butler so cruel :joy:

after 10 minutes you good , I am good 

couldn’t he included him :mrgreen:

5d3e30362f60c976316668.gif?download

I love the words uttered from the past between our girl  and Chung Myung & presently between her and Chan Seung  . How a scene can be so sweet yet very sad . If they are the same  , he reborn beautifully :joy::mrgreen:

GIFMaker.org_D2jbgm.gif

GIFMaker.org_hdXhzG.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Lol @Ameera Ali as mean as Bartender is, i cant make myself hate him for making it hard on our CS because he has his own sense of humor too lol!! Like how he casually blamed Room Service lady for not taking better care of the rooms when Ghost 13 escaped :joy:

What do you guys all think about MW’s words to CS about feeling sad because the ocean is more beautiful than before?

I initially thought it’s because she remembered her moment with royal guard and having spent this moment with CS made her remember how she felt back then. Now the ocean is even more beautiful because CS is there..and she feels sad because it may mean that she is feeling loved once more and getting closer to having to leave. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

i cant wait to finish work and get home watch both episodes!! :) but thats like a good 7hours to go..

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Historical drama lovers must've enjoyed this episode a lot which was another emotional roller-coaster. Annyeong chingus, I hope you once again enjoyed this episode. I'm writing this post as I'm awaiting my turn to be called as a witness at court.  :ph34r:

Anyway, I like this episode a lot for many reasons. But if I may cite only a couple.

I like that Man-wol is more and more wearing her heart on her sleeve through her many manifestations of jealousy and projection of romantic feelings. The thought of love has again entertained her being enough to cause a flower to bloom on and a firefly to illumine -the moon tree. The beach scene was both sweet and poignant. Her conflicted feelings are understandable. But I believe that love is more powerful as a cure than as a poison. As such, I'm continuously crossing my fingers here for a happy ending. Second, I like that this episode has somewhat confirmed the theory that Chan-seung is CM/guard captain. There have been many hints as to this in the previous episodes up until the latest. But then again, it is fun and useful to have an open mind in order to see other perspectives. Thirdly, I like that as an advocate for women, the case of the cabinet ghost who can be mistaken for as Ringu's Sadako's twin is made socially relevant because it highlighted the molka epidemic in SK. 

This drama has brightened my days. And your commentaries here are making my drama journey more enjoyable and meaningful.

As such, kamsahamnida so much. I'll miss this forum, I'll miss your fun posts. I might not be able to participate in the discussion next time bec. of work and filial daughter duties as my eomma suddenly fell ill. I'll just like your fun and insightful posts when I'm again able to do so. Thanks again. Have fun watching the forthcoming episodes.  :heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

What do you guys all think about MW’s words to CS about feeling sad because the ocean is more beautiful than before?

I initially thought it’s because she remembered her moment with royal guard and having spent this moment with CS made her remember how she felt back then. Now the ocean is even more beautiful because CS is there..and she feels sad because it may mean that she is feeling loved once more and getting closer to having to leave. 

My interpretation is that it's partly that, remembering a past tragic love, but also I think Man Wol feels that anything involving her and love (or at least affection) and another person can only end in tears for both of them/is doomed from the start/nothing good can come of it. It's not necessarily just about her leaving; I think she doesn't associate love with something that's ultimately positive, and believes that it's going to screw them all over one way or another. :)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Didn't expect episode 6 will have the highest ratings thus far :D...so happy to see another increase!

8 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

The ending was not a huge revelation (I didn’t know what to expect but was just anticipating it lol) but it was such a beautiful sad moment from MW to CS. There’s this yearning we see from the previous scene when MW thinks about Firefly guard and their moment at the river bank. The scene suddenly becomes prettier because of firefly guard’s beautiful perspective addition of “you will be waiting for me to show up like today one day..” and behold there was CS who showed up and made her view of the beach even more beautiful with his thought of wanting her to be happy (this was so sweet). Someone mentioned the parallel between firefly guard scene and this one. And i see how beautifully sad it is. 

Why do I feel like this isn't actually about MW waiting for the Captain or Yeon Woo? Sure, those employees have been implying she's waiting for a certain someone, but it wasn't outrightly said so by MW. Yes, she is being punished for her past sin, we all know that. Ma Go sending CS to her is the main point of all of this. She was frozen in time because for her, it didn't matter whether she's living or not. Ma Go wants to help her move on. Waiting may mean she is most likely waiting to FEEL AGAIN, to be human. For every happiness, pain and sadness she feels, a flower blooms. And when the tree blooms its final flower is when MW will be whole again, freed, and finally forgiving herself.

CS entering her life, and knowing bits and pieces of her past life, brings back all the memories/feelings kept hidden inside her. "You will be waiting for me to show up like today one day" also equates to "you will be waiting for someone to make you feel again just like today". Everything looks the same in her eyes for a thousand years, but CS in the picture now makes it a whole lot more beautiful and meaningful....but again...sad. Sad because no matter how beautiful it might be, it probably won't end like she wanted it to.

6 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

His humor and innocence is so fresh that’s  why it was heart breaking to see the little snippet of his memory too when playing the piano with 4th candidate. 

Didn't expect P.O.'s character to have such sad history given his bubbly personality. Indeed, the saddest people smile the brightest. Looks like his ending will be when he finally crosses into afterlife.

BTW, I'm surprised myself that I don't find the ghosts that scary when literally I usually watch this like 12am or 1am when subs are released...ha ha...I guess I'm used with all the makeup that I don't find them scary anymore and since this isn't actually entirely a horror drama, so all good :D.

EDIT:  OST Part 5...I love this song, when it shifts from the present to past...

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 9
  • Love 2