Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

@TJ Starcandy

Annyeong, chingu. Apologies for the belated reply. I was caught up as usual in work. Thank you, btw, for your kind words. It made my heart stout. But guess what---I also enjoyed reading your percipient post. :)

I admire your unique take on the case of Chan-seung. Reincarnation is indeed a tired trope and I wouldn't mind either if his character was written anew and very much apart from the Goryeo captain. I'm still conflicted after having seen the vignette in the latest episode wherein Chan-seung instinctively took the hand of a still sleepy grumpy Man-wol with eye mask on which somehow impels me to believe that he is indeed the Goryeo captain. 

On the one hand, I also would like to wishfully think that Chan-seung is not the Goryeo captain because it would be a nice prospect to see Man-wol in a lovely process of transmogrification as you so wonderfully set forth in the second to the last paragraph of your post. Besides, the powerful mythical being Mago may have only conjured those ancient memories within him because as per her words, she simply creates a moment or an opportunity.

I also second your final astute point. If I may bring up the psychic field of cartomancy once again, the ace of clubs of which Chan-seung epitomises has a connection to authority and business or material wealth of which Man-wol consequently epitomises as the queen of diamonds. Furthermore, it also signifies that the ace of clubs is a romantic who believes in the idea of a soulmate---who is none other than his queen of diamonds, Man-wol. 

The latest episode was full of feels. It was interesting to note that Man-wol with the sleep mask on is exactly like the blind lady ghost at the bakery. Like the latter who felt her heart thumping as the baker held or guided her hand on the bread, and so was Man-wol's heart also thumping as Chan-seung held her hand while writing her name. That sudden kiss or should I say - the brushing of their lips, was a deliciously hair-raising treat, it compensated for that horrific cabinet spirit. Hopefully, we get to see some intense lip action in the forthcoming episodes.

Kidding aside, kommawo chingu for your lovely reply. Kommawo as well to fellow HDL fans. I'm grateful to you all for your interesting insights and cute posts on this thread. It's making my viewing very worthwhile and enjoyable. I hope Saturday comes fast because I can't wait to see how the hot-headed Man-wol deals with jealousy. LOL! Even if HDL is uploaded around midnight in my neck of the woods, I don't mind at all because it's been a long time I've felt this glad and giddy when watching a K-drama. :wub: The lovely ballads accompanying each and every episode are also o perfect. They fit the intricate emotional terrain of our lovey-dovey couple. HDL is truly fascinating and fun. The Hong Sisters skillfully blended horror, romance, fantasy, and humour.

Happy Watching to all! Advance Happy Weekend! See you!  :heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I also do not feel any chemistry with the captain, if anything, I am scared of him. feels like someone who won't do any good.

The reason Man Wol is sure that Chan Sung is not him is because she can feel the goodness and Chan Sung's heart.

and can song seung heon finally be casted in a hong sisters drama, please

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Edited by triplem
4th image (Pic, YT, IG, twitter) onwards needs to go into spoiler. TQ
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

@YGotti Hi, and welcome, chingu! :D 

Very true, I also think it's all about the characters. It's this ambiguity, mystery of the relationship between MW and the Captain that captivates the viewers, as I, for one, was kinda drawn into it for a moment. But I always like slow, build-up romance so I am leaning towards MW and CS more. The chemistry I felt for the former is something that's undeniable but then slowly fades away. As for the latter, you don't actually feel it right from the get-go but you're sort of drawn to it as you go by, unnoticeable.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I need food and coffee trucks too lol. I always find it amazing and heartwarming that Korean actors/actresses receive these kinds of things because it really is helpful when filming is hard and exhausting. And here I am at work, thinking:

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Posted (edited)

I think this weekend's episodes will be VERY interesting! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :w00t:

Spoiler

Zla1c25.jpg

TK3Ybmu.jpg

Me:

6zm5U25.gif

If they do really get married or JMW secretly wears a marriage hanbok to stop KCS's wedding with that ghost bride then... :D

D76kXJu.gif

Edited by triplem
4th image (Pic, YT, IG, twitter) onwards needs to go into spoiler. TQ
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Is anyone having trouble warming up to the story? I took a longer break between episode 2 and episode 3-4 because I was relating the story to Western fairytales. Hotel Del Luna definitely has its own originality and specialty. The parallel storytelling between the Goryero period complements the present day scenes which currently have this mysterious and fragmented aspect.

There are moments when I feel like Chan Seong and Man Weol are forced together. There's this unusual and unnatural banter which I personally think it's too early in the game. I do enjoy the chemistry between IU and Yeo Jin Goo particularly when there are the tree scenes. The fantastical aura of the tree brings them together. And sometimes the moon surrounds them. I think there's this deep spiritual meaning behind the lunar forces. I just got into tarot cards and astrology. Lunar forces help center the person whereas the tiger is a deep spiritual animal, too. Let me know if any of you know more about these topics! It would help me appreciate the story telling a little bit more. 

Side Note: The OST songs are killin' it especially when they are featuring my favorite singers: Taeyeon and 10cm. Is Heize singing one of the songs? I think I heard her voice in ep 4.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Cynical expression to told you

Something happened for a reasonB)

Sometimes life is helluva thing.you can sense a trouble coming and you can't do a damn thing to prevent it coming.

HDL gives a viewers so many possibility to found the deep meaning of each episodes to whom who's pay attention.

Great job Writernim

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I've been soo busy with work that I was finally able to sit down and watch episode 3 & 4.

It was good. Can't wait for more. Can't believe it that now KCS isn't going to leave, when JMW tried soo hard to get him to come work for her. Lol! :lol:

I dying to know what is in JMW's past and who KCS is, when I am banking that he is the captain.

It's like the scene with the blind/sunglass ghost that JMW stated she doesn't remember exactly what happened in her past before she died, she's been wondering around for too long and only remember the good. I think JMW has forgotten her past and now with KCS seeing her past, she was to remember it all. It's soo fun she keeps asking to sleep with him. HAHAHAHA! :lol::lol:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I can’t wait until Friday because that means I can finally watch new episodes of HDL and my other dramas freely!!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

IU is definitely a scene stealer, So far so good!:heart:

tumblr_pv09l8oloQ1xkntwio5_r1_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pv09l8oloQ1xkntwio1_r1_540.giftumblr_pv09l8oloQ1xkntwio3_r1_540.gif

:wub:

tumblr_pv5rqy6fFK1x4xc8oo5_r1_400.giftumblr_pv5rqy6fFK1x4xc8oo3_r2_400.gif

:D

Spoiler

tumblr_pv5rqy6fFK1x4xc8oo1_400.giftumblr_pv5rqy6fFK1x4xc8oo2_r1_400.gif

CHEONSOHO Hotel Del Luna: Moon Lovers Reunion
  • Like 8
  • Love 6

13 hours ago, aria26 said:

I also do not feel any chemistry with the captain, if anything, I am scared of him. feels like someone who won't do any good.

The reason Man Wol is sure that Chan Sung is not him is because she can feel the goodness and Chan Sung's heart.

and can song seung heon finally be casted in a hong sisters drama, please

What the reasons to scare of?

He is the man who's saved Man Wol 2 times.

Taught her to write her own name.

Save MW Man,(YW)

The Captain is descendant of the warriors in Goryeo kingdom.

Did he is kind sleaze bug lacked virtue to be afraid of?

I think the writers give him a noble background for goo reason.

:rolleyes:

• Like 8

I started this week & immediately fell in love. I generally enjoy the Hong Sisters's dramas (obviously except a few), but I was super excited that this one was a supernatural one especially since I know they rarely hold back in terms of the 'creep factor' (See: Master's Sun, a personal fave).  I went in not really knowing how any of the characters relate, basically anything other than the main synopsis so I needed to really do my research on how everyone was connected lol 

So far, I am enjoying the story & the budding chemistry between Chan Seong & Man Wol. For me, I don't mind they don't have explosive chemistry at this point because 5 minutes he literally was scared of her & wanted nothing to do with the her or the hotel. I see them as coming together rather than there being an instant attraction like there was with her & Captain, but I do like what I see so far. 

Tbh the most interesting character is Goddess Ma Go because she's been helping to put everyone together in order for Man Wol to move on. At first I did think that Chan Seong was the captain reincarnated, but now I realize Ma Go actually put those memories in his head to help Man Wol. As she said, the one holding Man Wol tied to this life is her, I believe the gods/heavens have already forgiven her, it's now time for Jang Man Wol to finally forgive herself & move on.  I guess Chan Seong being there will be that push she needs. 

I am also enjoying the staff, I can't fault anyone for wanting to get rid of the very person who may force them to move on. Like humans, they're afraid of the unknown especially if you've had a plan in place & hate to see it potentially be ruined by anyone. I do wonder how Yoo Na will come into play & what she'll contribute to the storyline. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Back here again since My Mister...

My 2cents on ep 1-4:

1. Please do not let Chansung as the reincarnation of the General. Such a cliche overdone plot...

2. Haven't feel the sparks between the couple even until episode 4. Sorry. Some cackling moments but other than that... let's just hope for the best.

3. Jang Man Wol is a direct parallel to Yuko Ichihara from XxX Holic so I expect some depth and twisted expression and moments that makes her unreachable at times but now... she still looked so much like Cindy to me until now. Still come off as bratty and annoying lady who happened to live over thousand years.

4. I read a post in Tumblr about the explanation of the rules of the universe that becomes too excessive at times. Sadly this is just what you can find in every other drama of Hong Sisters.

Still watching tho so fingers crossed.

• Like 5

its the cute astronaut suit with name tagged M.W. JANG :lol: the scene of her being kicked and slowmo flew off in space came back to my mind again :joy:

just a quick thought.. i think the reason why the guard captain din manage to make it to the hotel could be because his soul was abolished and “vacuumed away”? he could have sinned so gravely that it was unforgivable? or even after 1000 years his soul is still wandering around which seems.. not very convincing.. like would CS still see an ancient guard soul walking along the streets of seoul? :huh:

• Like 6

UGH this show is hitting me in the feels :love::heart:

I needed another good one to dive into after TSLOMS and here I am~

New stills!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Why do everyone say there's still lack of chemistry between the couple? I feel they have good one especially when they were brickering. But I hope that it will grow from good to great one.

• Like 12