[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

I'm rewatching in Netflix and I'm finding myself fast-forwarding all Chungmyung parts (sorry, Yeon-woo). I didn't mind him before, I even thought that I actually liked him (as a side character with an important part in the whole arc). But my impression of him just keeps on getting sour as I rewatch more. I don't know why some people think he deserves a better ending than what he got. I thought his story was sad but everyone else's is anyway. I should've not read online comments, since my distaste, admittedly, stems more from always seeing "second-lead syndrome". I didn't think he was even a proper second lead as his place was all in the very distant past. Even so, I guess I just had to let that out since I read this thread late. Then maybe someday, I can do a complete rewatch without fast-forwarding any scenes.  

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

• 2 weeks later...

De-lurking again. 

I know the finale disappointed many viewers of the kdrama. Here’s my interpretation of the ending and why I think reincarnation, or a reunion, in Chansung’s lifetime isn’t far-fetched. 

Also included is an explanation of Heidegger’s Being and Time as it relates to Manwol's and Chansung’s re-encounter.  Since this isn’t a philosophy class, I only tried to make some of his more salient concepts accessible.   

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/11/15/hotel-del-luna-manwols-reincarnation/

Hope this works for y’all. 

LDhlA9M.jpg?zoom=1.25&ssl=1

• Like 2

18 hours ago, packmule3 said:

De-lurking again. 

I know the finale disappointed many viewers of the kdrama. Here’s my interpretation of the ending and why I think reincarnation, or a reunion, in Chansung’s lifetime isn’t far-fetched. 

Also included is an explanation of Heidegger’s Being and Time as it relates to Manwol's and Chansung’s re-encounter.  Since this isn’t a philosophy class, I only tried to make some of his more salient concepts accessible.   

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/11/15/hotel-del-luna-manwols-reincarnation/

Hope this works for y’all. 

Check out IU new MV IU - above the time :)

Note that above the time is sequel to IU - YOU&I MV with the same actor Lee Hyun Woo

• Like 1

The cast/acting here is the best thing next to IU's incredible outfits, hah.  But seriously IU has blown me away here, and YJG's maturity makes it hard to believe he's only 22.   With all the love for the main pairing, let's also give some love to Lee Tae Sun who caught my eye as Yeon Woo/Detective Park.  Despite limited scenes in the drama, when given he showed depth in his acting and easily created some of the most memorable/emotional scenes in the show. And there's quite a few.  Doesn't help his smile is incredibly easy on ze eyes :p 

And Seo Yi Yook as the many different Magos - talk about versatile! 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 9:53 AM, Joseph Lim said:

Not sure about that but you can look forward to this:D

December 15, 2019
18:00 KST Link for streaming : https://youtu.be/20aUBrZqAoQ

It's great! But I really wanna place an order for Hotel Del Luna, please tell me about the details:)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)