[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

Just some tought about the ending..Some of my friend consider it sad ending cause they both not together some want CS to stay in the past or let MW drink the wine so that she can stay and they able be together for long time... 

What if CS make different choice (i like how the writer end the complex issue early and 2 episode actualy about a choice CS can make)

1. If CS stay with MW past (i still think Mago given CS a choice to make - why mago the briliant unable to go to the past when she create the journey of him to her) 

Yes MW past will fall in love with him (or already did) and he will love her too, But remember then he will not able to let his other family to go in peace..since at that time barterner kim will still consider as humanshame eventough what he doing is not wrong...but remember that time people not able to open minded like nowdays...and mrs shin will not able to go cause her line family will still has generation...

2. If she choose to drink and im glad she not just drink it but take time to talk with CS and consider his opinion before making decision (at least she learn communication is important- not expected your partner understand you and making random decision in excuses for their prtner benefit) ..MW soul will be tight to tree and it means she will never be dead..Of course she able to spend time with him for 30++ years then if he dead its means she had to wait more years and it will more painful once they meet again only her will remember about their memory...

So that why CS bear to feel the pain of missing some he love rather make her waiting...Wont he will be lonely, certain time..then he choices to live cause he know his time it not time yet so he just work hard, meeting mew friend. etc..

3. What if they both drink the wine at the same time??? will the both became immortal...It a good thinking too means they will be together forever but i think he never consider this circumstance cause Mago never make it as a choice or maybe like writer said, the story about making a choice/move on..If they take they wine together and its work by both became new owner the. in wont be fair to other..remember not only CS and MW love storie in this world but others as well so at the end they will questioning God why she/he given a chance we they unable to be with their love partner...

• Like 5
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, TimmiKo said:

Thus, this review will consist of me gravely defending the “devil’s” opinion that Hotel Del Luna is an okay show...but also that it's not too much beyond that.

I agree. I love the concept and the chemistry between the actors, but there's just something about the execution that leaves me wanting. Personally, I think better execution would have elevated the drama to be more meaningful but at the same time, I don't want to belittle the efforts of those who made the show happen behind the scenes.

11 hours ago, Sorary said:

What if they both drink the wine at the same time???

Ooooh interesting point. I like the idea of them both being tied to the tree (if it's possible for CS to drink too) and just living forever taking care of ghosts so they can pass on. Not bad, I think, since CS finds satisfaction in helping ghosts and MW deserves to live and love, deprived of her for 1,300 years. I like your idea because it touches on the concept of happiness for two souls who are meant to be but haven't had the chance to meet and fall in love in 1,300 years. Also, it's the kind of happy ending they deserve. I'm really not a fan of making characters suffer just for the sake of plot.

I want suffering and pain to be warranted and true to the story. In HDL, you get the sense that there's just too much needless suffering and although it's good to see YJG and IU show their acting chops with the sad scenes, I've always hoped it would be for something in line with the story, something inevitable and unsolvable, and not just made up. 

• Like 7

@lollyminx yup i do wonder it is better if the writer make them immortal..But then while watching and seing Goblin MV it make me realized HDL had more valid reason or plot and im kinda happy for it..In goblin he was curse/punish/reward but they never tell what will happen to the curse??? even at open ending she reincarnation and finally found him, there are no certain what will happen...meaning there will probability for her to death and again he has to wait again with the memories...

But in HDL now we know MW will able to reincarnate and will no longer be perish..and once CS time come either 10/20/30 years he will be reincarnated...

its. means the curse of MW has been lift and as a viewer i stastified with it rather the. wondering if the curse will be end or not...10/20/30 seen longer..but really times really moves fast sometimes.. 

i lost my father and without realizing it almost 7years,but i still talking tell storie about him like he was with me just few moments ago...

Maybe im to mature..but i always want storie to ahd valid reason why they make the choice rather than end with married equal to happiness..maybe because i also watch drama where they started with unhappiness in married so i dont consider married is the end road..hahaha

i love TVN given Bts of HDL and IU TV also give few of bts even there part where YJG and IU intraction make me forget he way younger than her

• Like 4
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Sorary said:

once CS time come either 10/20/30 years he will be reincarnated...

Yes both of them will be reincarnated. But my problem with this is that it will take long. I mean they haven't seen each other in 1,300 years and my issue with this is that if they're fated to be together, like they have that string, why can't they have a happy ending sooner? Are they going to wait for another 1,000 years for them to reincarnate or something. To me, it just doesn't make sense for two people who are fated together to wait that long. It's just too... weird. 

The love Mago even wove a 'love line' for Song Hwa and Yeon Woo and it's just like... hey, you did that for two former enemies, but you can't do that for two people in love who are fated to be together? 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Yes both of them will be reincarnated. But my problem with this is that it will take long. I mean they haven't seen each other in 1,300 years and my issue with this is that if they're fated to be together, like they have that string, why can't they have a happy ending sooner? Are they going to wait for another 1,000 years for them to reincarnate or something. To me, it just doesn't make sense for two people who are fated together to wait that long. It's just too... weird.

At least we got an ending that has a hopeful vibe that they will reincarnate and are tied together in some way. It would be worse if it had ended with just MW walking across the bridge.

I enjoyed the IU behind the scenes on IU TV. We got to see some of YJG. Their little hand clapping game was funny. I guess that is what actors can do to amuse themselves on set sometimes. Poor IU staying on set for 7 days :( Was she just sleeping on the couch in her vanity room? And if she was doing that did that mean YJG was probably doing something like that too? And if the actors where doing that the staff and crew were doing something similar. Seriously they deserved that vacation reward they got.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, RiceGirl1212 said:

I enjoyed the IU behind the scenes on IU TV. We got to see some of YJG. Their little hand clapping game was funny. 

Moments like this makes me ship them.. then I steel myself and say "Be still, my shipper heart! DO NOT ship people in real life!"

Then I see them doing their little pattycakes handshake game again.....*slaps self*

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Are they going to wait for another 1,000 years for them to reincarnate or something. To me, it just doesn't make sense for two people who are fated together to wait that long. It's just too... weird. 

The love Mago even wove a 'love line' for Song Hwa and Yeon Woo and it's just like... hey, you did that for two former enemies, but you can't do that for two people in love who are fated to be together? 

I dont about how years will they able to meet..but this my guees..there are probability they might cross each other or CS had been reincarnated few times but they only meet this live because it is the right moment.. 

of im not mistake mr said something she got bracelet from his grandma because of her past and she always born unlucky...it on the same episode if im not mistake were mago said she(mira) has being reincarnation few times to paid her sin..and im sure YS too that why this live mago decide to give them new love connection as MW was given the brighter lily as she pay her sin...

If i think that way i can understand and kinda expect maybe that how MW and CS in the future...there may cross each other or became enemies but when the time come mago will give them a choice (like pink mago give the pink pen) cause it also bother me why the wroter decide to make the happy ending (married) with MR and YS but then i remember the part i mention above..and since we dont see both of past live aside their past live with MW,we felt the time was so short and compare 1300years but of we try to see from the other side the ending became more related..

so writer and production please make YJG and LJU act along side again and this time with both of them got happy ending or the actor and actress just get happy ending by dating each other or maybe after few years getting married...then HDL will be forever legend...i must either lose my mind or i just want to comment cause i can godbue to HDL yet

• Like 5
  • Love 1