Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

11 minutes ago, aria26 said:

I really hope he makes an effort to include her in the group so she enjoys and gets closer with everyone

we are still here @innrukia for your emotional support <3

Emotional support?:lol:

I think all of them are close. Who would want to seat next to someone that makes you feel uncomfortable for more than an hour? Especially in front of IU was Pyo. With the crowd was eyeing to whatever things they do or say, I might as well feel awkward. The good thing is they were not avoiding from being seen together although with such crowd attention. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, aria26 said:

Does video quality have an effect on looks? Coz Chan Seong looks more handsome in youtube clips than when I was watching him in the full drama. Should I have watched at the highest resolution? Hehe

Ha ha ha...but I admit, at first glance, you can't really say, yes, he's handsome!... but he's very charming and has that appeal, that you slowly find him manly handsome :D. I think he's the handsomest when he smiles :P.

14 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Same. :lol: At this point, I allow myself to just feel it and I know myself. It will die down soon enough. :lol:

But I guess, every time I'm reminded of HDL from now on, I'll be reminded of them too :P

5 hours ago, stella77 said:

Wah it is crazy raining even more and heavier here in BKK than yesterday, I hope HDL crew still are able to enjoy it here. Been too busy at work and haven’t looked to see about their news. Sorry! 

Are you having typhoon there too?

4 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Its great to hear HDL's ost is well received! I think the drama have more songs that i like compared to previous dramas.

CONGRATULATIONS HDL!

Oh, me too~! I like most of the OSTs here, esp. Punch's first two songs :D. I didn't finish Goblin but I also like most of the OSTs there.

2 hours ago, lollyminx said:

OH MY GOD

THEY'RE SITTING TOGETHER HAHAHAH :wub:

And that is why it's hard for me not to ship them...lol. I'm just glad that they weren't swept up with rumors of dating or whatsoever because surely, we won't spot them together sitting :D. I just remembered Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik's case...hehe.. people really wanted them to date, including me :phew:

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

I wish they can relax but at the same time, i wanna see ManChan couple :D

HAHAHA..when you want the best for them but you also want to satisfy yourself for some moments of them :D....aigoo...

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, aria26 said:

I really hope he makes an effort to include her in the group so she enjoys and gets closer with everyone

Yeah, hahaha she was looking away while the others were talking. :lol:

37 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

Now where is that cruise video? Come to Mama! :w00t:

I'm so sorry. I want to post it here but the posts are going by so fast and I don't know where I saw it. But it's both on Twitter and Instagram. Just search #hoteldelluna hashtag or visit @manchan_couple on Instagram. They have the videos as posts and stories. There are new photos of them too at a night market. 

11 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

HAHAHA..when you want the best for them but you also want to satisfy yourself for some moments of them :D....aigoo...

Hahahaha that's why it would have been better if the staff and actors have good Instagram game. At least we get photos and videos of them and satisfy ourselves, but also on their own terms as they're the ones who post themselves. :lol: But we have to rely on fans (Thank you very much, Thai fans for updating everyone!!!) because I don't think they will be posting anything lol. 

At the night market. OMG they're interacting YAAAY

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

8 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

I'm so sorry. I want to post it here but the posts are going by so fast and I don't know where I saw it. But it's both on Twitter and Instagram. Just search #hoteldelluna hashtag or visit @manchan_couple on Instagram. They have the videos as posts and stories. There are new photos of them too at a night market.

Alright, I will search for it before I go to my dreamland later. 

I am sure I will sleep in big smile and have a good sweet dream after I see all their photos and videos. :blush:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I cant to move on from HDL..Even i want to see more skinship but i cant denied the plot were more important..if i looking for skipship couple i coud watch other drama other feeling excited about it but im not maybe because part of me who growth with k drama and other countries tired with drama couples who said i cant live without you or i love you so much but always with same plot making stupid decision without thinking about others parties...but on HDL it more realistic..yup MW did such kinda heroic stupid but i do love how GCS determine to fine her even make MR had to give up on him (part of it because her past life own MW) and never afraid to find excuses to be together but not selfies enough to make other suffer because of their desire to be together...

Regarding YJG and IU personal life it just normal..it not like they both awkward but sometime they tend do not know how to give reaction..it seen from their birthday , both from element water, peaceful for YJG and intlectual for IU and both element water just click with each although sometimes its hard to read their mind cause certain people with element water had the best chemistry if they find the line

• Love 8

I understand their love was never meant to last and they always knew separation was at the end of their journey but is it more painful to hold on to sweet memories or to regret not having done them? The latter is more painful to me. When someone leaves this world, I believe we never regret having shared wonderful times with them. We do, however, regret the things we could have done or said but never had the chance or courage to. Perhaps this is why I can’t come to accept their lack of skinship. They didn’t take advantage of the time they had left because they were afraid of falling deeper. It’s cowardly and I don’t believe it’s realistic. In reality, separation is at the end of the road for all  relationships but if we lived the way ManChan did, we’ll waste our lives away being too afraid of getting hurt. I understand their situation is different because they knew the end was near but I still can’t help but feel they allowed the ending to control them. I guess this is also why I can’t let go of the drama, their love is too sad. It still feels like it’s trapped in a bottle and I wish they were able to release it. Or like some of you may say, the line should have been crossed. The problem is not that they didn’t love each other, the problem is that they loved each other so much but could not show it. And just like one would regret not having shown their love enough to the one who left, I feel regretful for ManChan.

*edit* I realize it’s not the lack of skinship but more so that it seems they were always holding back when it comes to showing their love for each other. 

Edited by Heretorant
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

but is it more painful to hold on to sweet memories or to regret not having done them? The latter is more painful to me. When someone leaves this world, I believe we never regret having shared wonderful times with them. We do, however, regret the things we could have done or said but never had the chance or courage to. Perhaps this is why I can’t come to accept their lack of skinship.

YES! We have the same view about love. I've been in a few relationships and I can say I've been deeply in love and there's just something about it that makes you want to go all in. You don't want to regret not doing anything, so that's why I felt that their physical romance is lacking, and that although I know they're in love, it just didn't materialize realistically on screen. I only felt that the physical romance was enough in episode 16 when they were doing the cutesy stuff, but even then, there were missed opportuniteis still. 

This is also the reason why I feel like the Hong sisters haven't experienced true, deep love. Or maybe if they did, they just skimped on the physical romance just to make the story sad, I guess? 

7 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I guess this is also why I can’t let go of the drama, their love is too sad. It still feels like it’s trapped in a bottle and I wish they were able to release it. Or like some of you may say, the line should have been crossed.

True. I've shipped people before but not this much, so I think it's also because of the story of HDL that makes me want them to see happy in real life. Hahaha

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, YJG is my Prince said:

That's great that Hotel Del Luna OST is doing so well on iTunes chart.  Can anyone explain to me why they like to release everything as singles first before releasing the full album?  I've like bought ever single of the songs I liked.  And the OST album doesn't include instrumentals so I don't really have an incentive to re-purchase the entire album -_-

5 hours ago, laura_waterhouse said:

So much for a vacation, how can they relax when so many eyes are looking:cry:

I wish they can relax but at the same time, i wanna see ManChan couple :D

4 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Same, I want to see ManChan couple. In the cruise video, they look awkward again. :lol: Seems like they're not that close outside the set. :lol:

Yeah, same how can you enjoy a vacation when everyone is looking at you :mellow: It's like it's one or two people hanging out they are like in this huge group :lol:  And of course IU has the most security around her.  Maybe that is why he's hanging around her.  He needs protection :P

4 hours ago, lollyminx said:

The dolls look cool. I think if I were younger, I'd love to have all the clothes she wore on the show so I can dress up the doll lol 

If they add a Hotel Del Luna doll house they can make profit from that lol. 

The making of the doll sort of creep me out :sweatingbullets: but kudos to the person who decided to take all that time to make a Jang Man Wol doll and show people how it's done.

The Hong Sisters need to get on it.  They can make so much profit off of a special Hotel Del Luna doll line.

2 hours ago, Sorary said:

I cant to move on from HDL..Even i want to see more skinship but i cant denied the plot were more important..if i looking for skipship couple i coud watch other drama other feeling excited about it but im not maybe because part of me who growth with k drama and other countries tired with drama couples who said i cant live without you or i love you so much but always with same plot making stupid decision without thinking about others parties...but on HDL it more realistic..yup MW did such kinda heroic stupid but i do love how GCS determine to fine her even make MR had to give up on him (part of it because her past life own MW) and never afraid to find excuses to be together but not selfies enough to make other suffer because of their desire to be together...

Regarding YJG and IU personal life it just normal..it not like they both awkward but sometime they tend do not know how to give reaction..it seen from their birthday , both from element water, peaceful for YJG and intlectual for IU and both element water just click with each although sometimes its hard to read their mind cause certain people with element water had the best chemistry if they find the line

IU and YJG are both shy people so I think it's own natural to see them space out next to each other.  I guess cause of their nature and out of all the cast members they spent the most time together they naturally gravitate towards each other.  It's like ah, here is someone I hung out with the most and although I may still be awkward I'd rather be awkward around him/her cause I think she/he would understand me.

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

I understand their love was never meant to last and they always knew separation was at the end of their journey but is it more painful to hold on to sweet memories or to regret not having done them? The latter is more painful to me. When someone leaves this world, I believe we never regret having shared wonderful times with them. We do, however, regret the things we could have done or said but never had the chance or courage to. Perhaps this is why I can’t come to accept their lack of skinship. They didn’t take advantage of the time they had left because they were afraid of falling deeper. It’s cowardly and I don’t believe it’s realistic. In reality, separation is at the end of the road for all  relationships but if we lived the way ManChan did, we’ll waste our lives away being too afraid of getting hurt. I understand their situation is different because they knew the end was near but I still can’t help but feel they allowed the ending to control them. I guess this is also why I can’t let go of the drama, their love is too sad. It still feels like it’s trapped in a bottle and I wish they were able to release it. Or like some of you may say, the line should have been crossed. The problem is not that they didn’t love each other, the problem is that they loved each other so much but could not show it. And just like one would regret not having shown their love enough to the one who has left, I feel regretful for ManChan.

*edit* I realize it’s not the lack of skinship but more so that it seems they were always holding back when it comes to loving each other. 

You bring up an interesting point.  Which is more painful to remember sweet memories or hold regret? I think all of us can probably come up with some justifiable reasoning to ease our own minds and hearts of what we thought the characters were doing, etc.

I can easily say maybe this part here is the one flaw of CS.  He has been seen as almost perfect in the end.  Doing what is necessary yet not making selfish or stupid decisions.  CS kept his sixth sense because it was the only gift that he could choose to keep from MW.  Even though MW kept telling him to eat the medicine.  It's the one stubborn decision he won't budge on and he's content to live with this piece of haunting forever.  It could also show that he's not really willing to let go maybe he hopes he could see MW's ghost in his lifetime.  A just in case because he don't want to miss her.  CS could be silently regretting that he didn't cross the line.  That's his flaw that he didn't take the one chance given to him that probably wouldn't have altered the outcome.  CS showering all his love on MW so their memories together can be even more sweet despite the farewell they know that is coming.

At this point it seems the Hong Sisters were simply determined to give a sad ending <_< for this drama.

@Joseph Lim Thank you for that video. 

It was interesting to hear from a Korean viewer there review, analysis, and perspective.  Even the reviewer felt that some where at the end the characters of MW and CS got pushed to the side when they showed that the Moon Inn continues on.  Kim SooHyun's entrance was definitely grand and exciting.  But as the reviewer Uppercut Tube said "It's not about the ending being sad or happy. But for the viewers who would have watched the drama with this kind of bitter hearts, Kim SooHyun's appearance at the end for me, was like I am forced to erase Ku Chan Seong and Jang Man Wol from my head...
So if there's no season 2 confirmed and they write this kind of epilogue, I don't think the writers themselves love their characters."

Can't help but agree to his feelings.  Of course I think even the Hong Sisters didn't think the director would shoot such a cool and amazing entrance cameo scene for Kim SooHyun.  Which reinforces my thinking that if the director and cast were allowed to come up with romance for MW and CS that we would have had the characters cross that line.  It would have been sweet with that touch of sadness.  And enhance that experience of a "romance without happy moments"  because the big elephant in the room is no matter what happy moments they have together the conclusion is that they will have to part.

Here are the videos from @manchan_couple and another shot of them at the night market.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Ha ha ha...I came back again when I saw those vids of them walking together in the cruise and in the night market :lol:. I don't see the other cast in that cruise though. This probably shows that amongst the cast, IU and YJG are still the closest so they're the ones together most of the time. YJG prefers to be beside IU than the boys :P

Some commented that IU isn't feeling well?...idk if that's true. YJG is just like me...I can see he's sweating in that night market, when he was just wearinf his t-shirt...ha ha..

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

The whole team was in the cruise if u look at the earlier video... just that the video focused on ManChan couple. Its great to see them at the Night Market... enjoying the night, if that is possible, with all phones sticking on their faces, observing their moves... aigoo, its like being in another drama set... 

I think both are aware that fans still want to see them together hence are making effort to be seen together as a 'couple' - at least until this trip is over... after that i doubt if we will have any sightings of them together, unless if they are really dating, hahhaha... which is unlikely :) sigh... :(

Wouldnt it be great if IU suprised YJG at the Singapore promotion trip since he Is suppose to go but not IU? Ha

-----

Also can both be interviewed about the ending? What did they think of it, were they satisfied with it, would they want more or did they have to toe the line and said, yes thats the ending we wanted as envisioned by the writers and director.... (NOT)... sigh.... hahhaa... sorry guys :)

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Everything happened when I passed out sleeping! Ahh so it seems they are by the river area - it's an area I avoid lol Icon Siam is the new shopping complex and it seems they went to Asiatique night market. It's nice for fans to see them together and if they are trying to be seen together to make fans happy for 'manchan' - that is a whole new level of commitment. Contrary to the people that don't think they chemistry on the show - I think they definitely do and can see it from the BTS. I do think they that since both of them have been in the industry for so long - they know the pitfalls and are just being cautious.  It is obvious they enjoy working together and at least have a good relationship. I don't really support any shipping (I personally think it is too much) but I will root for future dramas with both as leads again. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I read one the dramabeans commenters... who said, since time was faster in the Sanzu river, they could have reincarnited MW and make him met her in NY or elsewhere, since he is going to be rich, he can support MW's expensive tastes... wouldnt that be a great 2nd season! Hahaa.... and we will see a repeat of the breakfast in Tiffiny's scene between the two of them in NY! :)........ i would have rooted for such ending... Chan Sung ahhhhhh

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I read one the dramabeans commenters... who said, since time was faster in the Sanzu river, they could have reincarnited MW and make him met her in NY or elsewhere, since he is going to be rich, he can support MW's expensive tastes... wouldnt that be a great 2nd season! Hahaa.... and we will see a repeat of the breakfast in Tiffiny's scene between the two of them in NY! :)........ i would have rooted for such ending... Chan Sung ahhhhhh

The soul crosses the Sanzu River will not directly be reincarnated. 

They are going to the afterlife and facing judgement first of their deeds during their life.

They need to face King Yeomra who will decide whether they are worthy to be reincarnated as human or as animals in their next life, or cannot be reincarnated at all. Therefore, those who received flowers from MaGo1 actually have like a "favour card" from MaGo so King Yeomra could know that they are recommended to be reincarnated as human. Like MW, she did sinned for killing so many in the past, but MaGo had already punished her for that by being tied down to the tree and serve so many departing souls for the span of 1300 years, hence she's done with her punishment apart from letting go of her own resentment, thus also able to get the flower from MaGo who advocate for her to be reincarnated as human in next life. On the contrary, soul like Seol Ji Won will not have an easy afterlife since he's not getting any favour from MaGo. The context of understanding the road of judgement they need to face afterlife is a mix of Korean mythology (known as King Yeomra) and Buddhism (known as Yama).

I suggest you all to watch Along with the Gods this movie (there are 2 movies) to get the idea of what will happen to those souls after they passed the bridge (in a fun way). But of course, the movie didn't show the souls passing the bridge after they died, but only start showing them from the gate of afterlife and their story is mixed with fictions too. And the grim reaper trio also personally escort the soul they deem worth to be defend, with high chance being reincarnated because they need to achieve their own motive too (in the movie). But, it is the same context that shows those departed souls need to pass King Yeomra judgement first in the afterlife to be reincarnated. 

So, 1 day passed to get the judgement and decision by King Yeomra in the afterlife, I bet the time in the real world already passed like 100 years. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

8 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

The whole team was in the cruise if u look at the earlier video... just that the video focused on ManChan couple. Its great to see them at the Night Market... enjoying the night, if that is possible, with all phones sticking on their faces, observing their moves... aigoo, its like being in another drama set... 

I think both are aware that fans still want to see them together hence are making effort to be seen together as a 'couple' - at least until this trip is over... after that i doubt if we will have any sightings of them together, unless if they are really dating, hahhaha... which is unlikely :) sigh... :(

Wouldnt it be great if IU suprised YJG at the Singapore promotion trip since he Is suppose to go but not IU? Ha

-----

Also can both be interviewed about the ending? What did they think of it, were they satisfied with it, would they want more or did they have to toe the line and said, yes thats the ending we wanted as envisioned by the writers and director.... (NOT)... sigh.... hahhaa... sorry guys :)

6 hours ago, stella77 said:

Everything happened when I passed out sleeping! Ahh so it seems they are by the river area - it's an area I avoid lol Icon Siam is the new shopping complex and it seems they went to Asiatique night market. It's nice for fans to see them together and if they are trying to be seen together to make fans happy for 'manchan' - that is a whole new level of commitment. Contrary to the people that don't think they chemistry on the show - I think they definitely do and can see it from the BTS. I do think they that since both of them have been in the industry for so long - they know the pitfalls and are just being cautious.  It is obvious they enjoy working together and at least have a good relationship. I don't really support any shipping (I personally think it is too much) but I will root for future dramas with both as leads again. 

I try not to ship people.

I do hope they are friends...enough to send food trucks to each other.  But I still get the vibe they are just a little awkward around each other.  Or maybe they only get that way when the cameras are rolling on them. 

Their staff seems to have become friendly with each other :) but I agree a part of me thinks they are sort of hanging around each other because they know the fans are watching.  And also it's sort of promotions in a way?  The series is going to be exported so its always nice to show that the main leads are both friendly on and off set.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, RiceGirl1212 said:

But I still get the vibe they are just a little awkward around each other.  Or maybe they only get that way when the cameras are rolling on them. 

Their staff seems to have become friendly with each other :) but I agree a part of me thinks they are sort of hanging around each other because they know the fans are watching.  And also it's sort of promotions in a way?  The series is going to be exported so its always nice to show that the main leads are both friendly on and off set.

Thank you guys for stopping this thread from getting delusional haha.

I really ship them, but the Thailand pictures have sated me and now I am ready to see them with other partners :) (am I lying to myself now? I am not sure haha)

For those still hungry for the insights on the ending, one is still ongoing here: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/09/05/hotel-del-luna-ep-16-the-finale-challenge/

I am Hong Sisters fangirling again, but I feel so proud of them for writing this series that got minds rolling and rolling with interpretations, not just with the ending, but throughout the meaning of the whole drama. From the first episode, I already felt it was different. Theirs don't need a big production to work, because their strength had always been in the dialogues. But the first 10 minutes of this drama hardly had any talking and were all production and acting (IU was incredible from the get-go, I was in love since how hopeless she looked when she poured wine on the coffin), and my impression was that the studio took them really seriously and gave them money. They have always been very metaphorical but they reached new heights with this. Thank you to PD Oh Choong Hwan too, the directing plays a lot in bringing in the mystery and making the audience pay attention to details that could be seen one way and another. I really felt his love for the drama because of how beautiful every shot is.

For me, any piece of art speaks differently to each of us. We pick on different details because we have different values and experiences. The more varied the interpretations are, the richer the work proves to be, and rich MaGo poured a lot of her powers on this drama.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Yes i have seen along with the gods.... a girl can dream ya....hehhee

So i have been youtubing yeo jingoo and the thing that caught my eye was Park bo Young... she has a serious crush on him ya... now that yJG is all grown up, i wouldnt mind watching them in a melo. So PBY's wish for them to act together will be fulfilled! Haha..

I was already reading up on IU... wow, a very long CV... i dont really follow her, it was only after this drama that im curious about what she has done before...

Both actors have been in the Korean entertainment scene quite long though IU story seemed sadder. Anyways, all in the past and both are conquering the world now, hahaa

• Like 6
  • Love 2

48 minutes ago, aria26 said:

IU was incredible from the get-go, I was in love since how hopeless she looked when she poured wine on the coffin

I was re-watching some of the most beautiful scenes in the show, and for someone reason I felt more sincerity from her when delivering her lines, especially when she said "I love you," or "I didn't know I'd fall in love like this." YJG is a good actor, I know that, and he did really well in the bus stop scene and in making CS shine, but there were some scenes where IU shows more sincerity than her counterpart. The scene where Mago refuses to answer her question if CS is CM, and her face when Mago left, like she's all sorts of conflicted and not knowing what to do. That was also a good one.

My shipping also weakened a bit, so to speak, after seeing the cruise videos. It does seem like this ship won't sail at all. :lol: At this point, I just want them to do other projects together and be good friends who talk about each other on interviews and stuff. It seems like they work well together on set/on screen.

Also reading the discussion over at bitchesoverdramas. 

First of all, I hadn't thought that MW died in her sleep. I didn't make that connection because I guess, dead or alive or in between, she's leaving anyway lol but it's good it was pointed out.

Also, I'm so glad this is being talked about: 

"Still salty about not giving them many romantic scenes because sad separation awaits. It’s kinda sad because there was a Japanese movie boku no hatsukoi wo kimi ni sasagu that has inevitable sad ending because male lead who suffers from heart disease refused to receive donor from his dead brain friend. Still the male lead asked God to gives him time to make lots of happy memories with his gf before he passed away. He even risked his life before donor was available to had sex with his gf, because he wanted to do what other couple do, to experience and made memories so that when he passed away there won’t be any regret , that he didn’t maximize that short time to has as many memories, knowing his gf will life with that memories until her last breath. I’m quite sure there are some scenes where Jingoo had an urge to express CS love to MW in more touchy ways, but restricted by HS `burden to gives them more happy and romantic scenes`"

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Just finished reading the discussions over at bitchesoverdramas and DramaBeans. It feels good to read beautiful and insightful comments, and that discussions are still going on even after HDL is over. It's comforting in a way. 

Also, I may be in the minority but I don't want a season 2 with KSH. I just feel greedy/selfish (?) about HDL that I just want the story to be about MW and CS, no one else. :heart: But that's just me. This is why I haven't commented on season 2 ever. :D

Ooh and another thing, in my previous post, I talked about IU looking more sincere in some scenes. YJG did a good job too and one thing I want to give him credit for is creating a character that would match MW. To be honest, I felt bad for CS due to MW's treatment. I personally dislike rudeness and it was a little painful at times seeing MW treat CS the way she did, although all along I know they're in love, but then it was good to see CS create a character that did not only endure this treatment but turn the tables around. We can see this when he kept on teasing MW and calling her on her bluff. I don't think this would have worked if another actor took on the role like Ji Soo (I came across an old article where he was being considered for the role of CS). So kudos to YJG for creating CS as his own character, and for knowing CS well enough to do this.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

56 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

I was re-watching some of the most beautiful scenes in the show, and for someone reason I felt more sincerity from her when delivering her lines, especially when she said "I love you," or "I didn't know I'd fall in love like this."

Man Wol got a major fashion thing going, but I was not paying so much attention to it (unlike in other shows where I stare at the screen so long and just admire clothes) because I was more enthralled by Man Wol's expressions, from sadness to playfulness, she was incredibly portrayed. I see some of IU's stills in My Ahjussi and they already break my heart so I'm pretty curious about that too.

Jin Goo holds his own (he reminded me so much of Gong Hyo Jin here - generous to their co-actors and are not afraid to be outshined because they have this talent to not lose presence on the screen no matter how strong or colorful the characters they are acting against are), but I've seen what he can do in Hwayi, and I dont want him in a romcom for a long while. I think he acts very well with his body, and he is young, so some intense action series (like Vagabond) should suit him next. I also want him to play really evil and deranged :) He has plenty of time to play romcom again when he gets to his thirties  hehe :)

@lollyminx I really wished javabeans went back to recap even just the finale of HDL. I haven't been to dramabeans lately because I feel the recappers don't capture the hong sisters' genius, but if the comments are good, I'll be going to check it out :)

Woah, that theory in dramabeans about time flowing differently #6 Horizon. I like and believe that haha.

I am hurt by the bashing on the Hong Sisters though. They love symbolisms but have to give more expositions because of the nature of the audience. A passing viewer wont dwell too much on meanings and the lines would come out flat and meaningless (wasted then superfluous) without explanation. But instead of saying them straight and commonly like most (all other?) shows,  the writers push on their metaphorical route; but they dont just explain, they use the explanations as source of humor or poignancy. I really appreciate that they try to make 'poetry' accessible to the masses. I have seen old Chinese shows put a lot of flavor in their dialogues, but not in mainstream tv anymore. Not even western shows put metaphor in their dialogues the way the Hong Sisters do.

• Like 7
  • Love 1