Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

1 hour ago, kaxx said:

A "horror comedy romance", they said. 

Y U make me cry show Y?!

I thought I would absolutely hate this ending but surprisingly I didn't. 

Did I LOVE love it? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh not really.

Bittersweet? Yup definitely. 

But it's Hong Sisters, so I guess I just have to make do. This is the 4th drama I've watched and is considered one of the better endings I've seen from them, apart from Greatest Love.

With all that being said, HDL was still fun and I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts here. It was just so much fun and snickering/giggling (cannot laugh loudly in office hello) and furiously typing away on my mobile. 

I was telling my husband that they'll meet in his next life time, but he stopped me and said "Its gonna take longer."

My face legit paled.

Me: Whaddya mean longer? If CS has a long life, give or take 90 years old, (he was said to have a long long life) then MW can likely go through 1 cycle and would prolly be able to meet CS on HIS next life already.

"What makes you think MW don't have to go through more? YW and MR had 1 moment of attraction 1300 years ago and went through countless rebirth to become man and wife."

Me: But - 

"Even CS wasn't able to guarantee they will meet up in the next life. He used the word "some"  (as in some other lifetime.)"

Me: But -

"It might take another 1300 years. You know right?"

Me: You also know you are going to sleep on the living room couch tonight right?

*silence*

But on the brighter side they will meet again. Time is indeterminate. For humans time may go slower but for the souls it may just seem like yesterday they parted and met again.

1 hour ago, Axerine Lee said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mndSbh-sf-c

Punch singing live Tae Yeon's song from the OST

Punch did well singing the song. But I am still partial to Taeyeon's version :wub: I want to hear IU's verison. I hope she sings a little snippet sometime in the future

1 hour ago, lollyminx said:

This is why I asked about this in an earlier post because CS did say that it will really take long, and I would have been ok with them parting in this life, but for them to wait long, that's just sad. So I like CS's imagination where MW came early but it seems like that's not what's really going to happen based on what CS said about the time it takes for reincarnation, and what the Hong sisters are now saying about the show. 

It's sad isn't it? :sleepy: I'm going to try to not think about it so much. 

It is sad to us but like they said this was the story about Jang Man Wol who has been trapped here for 1300 years. She finally attained peace and was able to move to the after life. We should be happy for her.

Let's think positively where one chapter ends another begins. Her soul will be back and she will find CS's soul. CS reincarnated many times before meeting MW this time around and look at the love they were able to share in this short time span. I have no doubt the next time they met they will have a longer time together and create a family together and live happily.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Just now, RiceGirl1212 said:

For humans time may go slower but for the souls it may just seem like yesterday they parted and met again.

:hushed: I'm so glad you said this because I forgot. Thanks! It's comforting.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

22 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

So did the interview made with Hong sisters improved my view of the drama ending... not...

So now MW was just a ghost...when earlier she really thought she was alive and just tied to the tree, undead... now u say she is actually a ghost?? 

If u wanna make CS make her leave, to go to the otherside, then dont let CS fall in love with her and vice versa.... why make CS suffer? what did he ever do in his life, except to be so nice to everyone else and in the end, you make a mess of his love life???? :(

Aigooo... i want justice for CS's love life.... hahhahaa :D:D

-------

Ok, where is that BTS of ep15 and 16, i wanna see skinships! :)

-----------

u know, CS can still se ghosts right.. so  guess he would be Hotel Blue Moon first human manager? He's gonna live his life like 98th manger and leave when its all over.... hahha

ok, scrap that.. he is going to be a rich hotelier in NY... and miserable in his love life as he will forever see MW in his dream and ghosts in his daily life until death..... happy now Hong Sisters????? Urgh...

Don't be too upset. CS is strong. He will move on. He's not the type to let sorrow overwhelm him. He knows he has to move on and live a good life so he can be granted to meet MW again in a future next life. He also knows that MW wouldn't want to see him not living his life.

As to why CS had to be the one to help MW move on, I still firmly believed they were destined for each other but due to circumstances MW sort of got stuck at the Moon Inn. So CS had to go and rescue her.

It may take some time but they made a promise to be together again and they will.

I am also excited to see the bts. I have a feeling we are going to see poor IU crying even after the director yells cut for all the farewell scenes. I can see YJG trying to cheer people up by cracking silly jokes.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

What. An. Ending.

Personally, I actually am satisfied with it. MW has to leave while CS continue to live his life. Throughout the last episode, the thought of wanting more of HDL occur to me because I really want to see MW and CS reunite again. But then with the open ending—the hotel staffs being reincarnated (or it may’ve been CS’s imagination idk), I see how some people are meant to come to us just to sweeten up our life. And this is the same case for CS too. So, I like the conclusion of the whole drama and wants to leave it as it is.

I want to believe that after MW left, CS live a merry life with the people he loves. He will still be reminded of her and eventually, love another again as MW did love him. 

Well of course, the moment I see KSH...

(EHEM EXCUSE ME SIR? is it possible for you to refrain your charisma?)

tumblr_px5uwxb7e81vj9tigo3_r1_540.giftumblr_px5uwxb7e81vj9tigo4_r1_540.giftumblr_px5uwxb7e81vj9tigo9_r1_540.gif

(Cr: belsmultifandommess.tumblr.com)

as the owner of HBM, the thought of wanting more episodes come back to me. A season 2 will be nice, hehe.

But anyways, I enjoyed HDL very much and I will be able to sleep peacefully tonight because I won’t be having any post drama syndrome ;))) 

• Like 4
  • Love 8

The ending left me speechless, I don't necessarily feel sad, but I just felt so empty, I always thought it's happy ending, I misunderstand MW hasn't died thinking her time is only frozen and will continue after all.

But is there any explanation why MW have to leave on full moon? Can't she just remain as a ghost and live with CS for a while?

Also, if they are going to make reincarnation ending, why not just make it real instead of just an imagination:frown:

• Like 8
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, RiceGirl1212 said:

Ok, where is that BTS of ep15 and 16, i wanna see skinships! :)

Do you think they will post BTS for EP 15 and 16 even if the drama ended? I don't know since I haven't been invested much in the BTS of previous dramas I've watched. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

:joy: :joy: , is that he can clean after himself 

to our girl MW :blush:

Hide contents

Bonus :joy:the day soompi even beat the boyfriend :tounge_wink:

we love you girl :joy:

gave you all the likes

Sajangnim IG has almost a mil followers indeed!!

Edited by Jillia
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 7
  • LOL 2

5 minutes ago, wenlhy said:

The ending left me speechless, I don't necessarily feel sad, but I just felt so empty, I always thought it's happy ending, I misunderstand MW hasn't died thinking her time is only frozen and will continue after all.

But is there any explanation why MW have to leave on full moon? Can't she just remain as a ghost and live with CS for a while?

Also, if they are going to make reincarnation ending, why not just make it real instead of just an imagination:frown:

They explained in episode 15 I think that the Moon Spirit Tree will take whatever is left of the spirit of the person who comes to the Moon Inn harboring resentment and drinks the Moon Tree liquor to become the next owner. 

The spirit is literally trapped in the Moon Tree. Neither granting the person life nor allowing them to move onto the afterlife. So they sort of stuck between realms. I think MW preferred to say she was human as she was so tied to the Earth with her deep resentment.

3 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Do you think they will post BTS for EP 15 and 16 even if the drama ended? I don't know since I haven't been invested much in the BTS of previous dramas I've watched. 

They have been releasing the bts for each episode so I would hope they release one last bts of 15 and 16 filming.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

I think it was a satisfying to see MW letting her 1300 years grudge and resentment go...it wouldn't have made sense if she wouldn't have gone to afterlife because that was the main point of the show...and I do believe they will meet sooner than later:grin:

• Like 5
  • Love 6

I expect the ending to be sad but did not know it would be that much sad. Ep 16 filled with tears and tears. :tears:

I'm satisfied with the ending, at least it makes sense and has consistent theme from beginning to end. It hurts a lot but it's the lesson of finding peace and letting go. And now with HS interview, it's confirmed this drama is around JMW character. So it's a drama with happy ending. No wasted details, no wasted character, no rushing (good pace), meaningful side stories, good character development and relationship for me. 

The scene when they said goodbye, CS did not said anything except "Goodbye, go peacefully", no "i love you", no "i will miss you". Just too sad for CS, but isn't he one of us, when we have to face departure of our loved ones.......

I watched this drama because of IU. I'm a fan of her music, but not her acting. But since My Mister, I feel she started improving a whole level up as an actress.  And now, it just, amazing. She really put all her best to immersed herself as JMW. 

The OST, the fashion style, the chemistry, how it was filmed... I enjoyed it all. Surely a must-watch K-drama (but need a tissue box with you :joy:)

Thank you all lovely chingus here. Love all your sharing. It has been a long time I've watch drama live and I'm glad I chose HDL and this forum kekeke :heart:. I think we can gather again once the drama award season starts. *Group hug*

I have two questions keke:

Talking about comedian and CS, I understand that it means CS always be her liking. But just confused about travel time lapse, does that mean CS can change the past? I mean if CS does not accept the offer, MW will still do gambling and never know the comedian. Or MaGo thinks CS will definitely accept the offer? Sorry, it's not important details but I just keep thinking about it.

And can someone enlighten me about the hotel logo? I read somewhere that it includes a full moon and a leaf. Full moon is her name, what about the leaf? Or just a line like the one CS wrote on his palm?

19C87by.jpg

2kqNhm3.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, zhangrain said:

Talking about comedian and CS, I understand that it means CS always be her liking. But just confused about travel time lapse, does that mean CS can change the past? I mean if CS does not accept the offer, MW will still do gambling and never know the comedian. Or MaGo thinks CS will definitely accept the offer? Sorry, it's not important details but I just keep thinking about it.

And can someone enlighten me about the hotel logo? I read somewhere that it includes a full moon and a leaf. Full moon is her name, what about the leaf? Or just a line like the one CS wrote on his palm?

It's time travel paradox again, hehe. Or a much older debate about God and free will. At the end, Mago1 was looking for Mago of poverty who was still in the Joseon era. This hints of an omnipresent god. Did the characters ever had any choice or was everything predestined? Only you can answer what is true for you :) (I'm so dramatic today)

Your question allowed me to ponder on the last scene again. Not only is god omnipresent, in reality (though beyond perception) everything happens at the same time, the past and future are here. CS has discovered this (thus his request to experience winter that could have been his and MW's past or present), and he was so certain that he will meet MW again that he was able to experience the joy of his future self who was with her. He was not only able to see ghosts, he was able to interact with god and was able to discover other truths (well, truths within that dramaverse).

I am not sure of the leaf, I think it is just the full moon. Anyone else know?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zhangrain said:

I expect the ending to be sad but did not know it would be that much sad. Ep 16 filled with tears and tears. :tears:

I'm satisfied with the ending, at least it makes sense and has consistent theme from beginning to end. It hurts a lot but it's the lesson of finding peace and letting go. And now with HS interview, it's confirmed this drama is around JMW character. So it's a drama with happy ending. No wasted details, no wasted character, no rushing (good pace), meaningful side stories, good character development and relationship for me. 

The scene when they said goodbye, CS did not said anything except "Goodbye, go peacefully", no "i love you", no "i will miss you". Just too sad for CS, but isn't he one of us, when we have to face departure of our loved ones.......

I watched this drama because of IU. I'm a fan of her music, but not her acting. But since My Mister, I feel she started improving a whole level up as an actress.  And now, it just, amazing. She really put all her best to immersed herself as JMW. 

The OST, the fashion style, the chemistry, how it was filmed... I enjoyed it all. Surely a must-watch K-drama (but need a tissue box with you :joy:)

Thank you all lovely chingus here. Love all your sharing. It has been a long time I've watch drama live and I'm glad I chose HDL and this forum kekeke :heart:. I think we can gather again once the drama award season starts. *Group hug*

I think in the goodbye scene the reason CS didn't say anything is because I think he was trying his best to be the stronger of the two. If he said anything he would have broken down and MW wouldn't be able to leave. They already said their I Love Yous. It didn't need to be said again because they felt it in their hearts.

Good question about CS going to the past. I guess MaGo knew CS would take the opportunity to see her again. It was hilarious how MaGo changed his image in the past to be like Kim Jun-hyun and that's the reason she follows Kim Jun-hyun in the present. 

I don't know about the moon and leaf. I just thought it was just a fancier design of her symbol. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@RiceGirl1212

@zhangrain.

It's never actually stated, but best educated guess is the logo is a branch of the moon tree cutting through the full moon.  One solid inspiration for this story is the myth of Diana, the moon goddess, a branch or bough from Diana's tree that is Diana but also allows the possessor to journey to the underworld, and Diana's ritual at Lake Nemi, where her priest and protector guarded both her and the tree for hundreds of real years.  I wrote about this earlier in the thread but it's kind of boring for those who don't know about The Golden Bough book, myth, or ritual.  Anyway, I believe the logo was initially inspired by gorgeous images of Diana/Artemis shooting an arrow through the moon (Google it if interested!) which they changed to the branch when they decided to use the Nemi ritual as part of their inspiration for the moon tree and Chang Sun's guardianship.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@zhangrain i read this from this blog about your inquiry of the hotel logo,this might help also.

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/07/20/the-hotel-logo-and-other-things/ (ctto)

IJIWe9z.jpg

DSCN2671-2.jpg

ctto

Some excerpt of the author's view:

" In a waning crescent, the lighted portion of the moon will go on decreasing (or waning) until the moon totally disappears. Hence, the NEW moon. Symbolically, I like the idea that Manwol is getting a new moon. It means, she’s getting a new chance to get rid of her grudges and resentments.

However, since astronomy is not my best suit, I might be getting this waning crescent confused with a waxing gibbous, so let me explain what a waxing gibbous is.

In a waxing gibbous, the lighted portion of the moon will steadily increase until the moon becomes wholly illuminated. That’s the FULL moon. If the logo shows a waxing gibbous, then I’m afraid we’re getting a fulfillment of the Old Woman’s prophesy, “It’s a full moon. A moon full of deep-seated grudges.”

I prefer to think of a waning crescent on the logo

The right side of the logo features a leaf on a branch. If you study it closely, there’s an arc crossing the moon with two parallel lines extending to the edge of the moon.

The parallel lines form a triangle and a trapezoid, which are both illuminated. That’s the stylized leaf.

My interpretation of this is two-fold. One, Manwol’s tree will finally bloom and grow leaves. Two, Chansung will agree to stay at the hotel and honor the promise made by his father when he stole the flower from the tree.

So, to me, the logo is a very ingenious way of showing Manwol’s and Chansung’s entangled destiny at the Hotel del Luna".

hope this will help:glasses:

• Like 8
  • Insightful 6