Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

6 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I know that the love between our ManChan is like this. I think we as as the viewers are the desperate, thirsty ones who have no shame to admit it :joy::joy:

It's really strange. :lol: And I want to understand why I'm frustrated by the lack of physical romance when I know they're in love and their love is deep and meaningful, more so than couples in other kdrama.

Because as I've said, I've watched other series where I like both main leads and they've done even less kissing and hugging than ManChan but I didn't feel this frustrated. I was satisfied with the limited romance they showed. With HDL, I'm frustrated to the point of being a little bothered. I wonder why I'm feeling this way, and I want to know if I'm being irrational or something. :lol:

6 hours ago, Ondine said:

when will your fave? :P 

Oooooh I know who this is. :lol: The toxic dude will never. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@lollyminx maybe we are feeling frustrated because the story keeps leading towards CS sending MW away to the afterlife. Their time is so little it's like we want them to maximize every moment together. Go out and do couple things and love each other emotionally and physically :rolleyes: :wub: :naughty:

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

22 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

It's really strange. :lol: And I want to understand why I'm frustrated by the lack of physical romance when I know they're in love and their love is deep and meaningful, more so than couples in other kdrama.

Because as I've said, I've watched other series where I like both main leads and they've done even less kissing and hugging than ManChan but I didn't feel this frustrated. I was satisfied with the limited romance they showed. With HDL, I'm frustrated to the point of being a little bothered. I wonder why I'm feeling this way, and I want to know if I'm being irrational or something.

Hahhha, those lost opportunities.  When MW returned and CS run to hug her at the tunnel, the emotions was sooo intense, you can almost feel the electric current....hahha but then the 3 staff joined them :D

Then that unexpected whim of MW wanting to be carried ..and said "to the room !!!" hahhha what was that all about? ?but she got dumped at the couch instead :grimace:

Then that last scene ep 15, they were saying i love you, but were just holding hands... i cannot with these two.

• LOL 6

5 hours ago, ynnubdraobyek said:

When Harvard defeats god

Even Joseon MW likes CS too ❤❤

It is the proof even they met in another life time MW always adore and proud to her baby shark Chansungie :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, RiceGirl1212 said:

@lollyminx maybe we are feeling frustrated because the story keeps leading towards CS sending MW away to the afterlife. Their time is so little it's like we want them to maximize every moment together. Go out and do couple things and love each other emotionally and physically :rolleyes: :wub: :naughty:

I think MW should take them to couple counselling class :D

• LOL 2

23 minutes ago, RiceGirl1212 said:

Oh this too! Yes, this is one of the reasons. 

20 minutes ago, berny2 said:

Hahhha, those lost opportunities.

Too many, to be honest. Since the first episode! 

If this is how it feels to watch a Hong sisters drama, I'll never watch one again. :D I love HDL and all, and I'm so thankful the director chose IU and YJG for this, but when I watch a drama, I want to feel rewarded for the time I'm investing in watching. Not like this where you always think, "They could have done this scene better," or "I hope they did this," "I want more of this," "they're missing the opportunity to make this plot tighter," etc. In  other dramas I've watched, even if they didn't turn out as I wanted or expected, they're satisfying in that I felt slightly frustrated about some aspects of the story but I didn't feel the need to vent and it's not as disturbing as the level of frustration I've had with this drama. :joy: 

So sorry for ranting. Not to be a downer or anything, I still love this drama. But to me, it will always be the drama that has a good and interesting plot, great actors, interesting ghost stories every week, good mix of romance, horror, and comedy, and a meaningful love line, but still missed too many opportunities to be even better.

Let's just hope for an acceptable ending tonight. :star:

• Like 1
  • Love 4

@lollyminx

I understand your frustrations, i feel exactly the same, it's not just the lack of skinship that do this.. but the "YJG-IU effect."  Okey this is the theory... most say that when the main leads (the OTP) have burning, intense chemistry/attraction/sparks/tension *for real, not just when the camera is rolling* ..the audience and viewers will catch on it too and feel, sense it burning through the screen. :sweatingbullets:  .. so it's not just a few of us who's just imagining it.

I have chanced upon this giddy feeling in some drama or series I've watched before when the OTPs also have this palpable , highly charged tension/ attraction.

But there are also some pairing that eventhough they are all-over each other kissing & hugging have no effect on me at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

28 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

So sorry for ranting. Not to be a downer or anything, I still love this drama. But to me, it will always be the drama that has a good and interesting plot, great actors, interesting ghost stories every week, good mix of romance, horror, and comedy, and a meaningful love line, but still missed too many opportunities to be even better.

You are not being a downer :) different people react to things differently, and a lot here obviously want more to happen

I am actually feeling the odd one out feeling fully satisfied with the minimized skinship in this drama; even the director seem to be aware of what he is depriving everyone because he kept on baiting the scenes. There would be lesser issue if he ignored the thing altogether but he kept teasing instead. It would have also been easier to just hint that they are doing something offscreen, like lift MW up and head straight to the bedroom like they have done it many times before, even "conservatives" like me (I really am not, but this drama is turning me into one) wouldn't object to that. So why are they insisting on making CS appear so chaste?

Though, that EP 15 ending is just too perfect for me, I would disagree to changing any part of it. To do more than hand holding will distract against the gift of CS letting MW be totally free. That was such a beautiful beautiful scene

• Love 4

In the balcony when MW and CS said I love you, I LOVE MW's face when she said it. She looked at him and it was like she was hoping CS would say it back, which is so realistic - the slight uncertainty, the hope the other person will say it back, even if the other person already shows you how much he loves you. :heart:

Just now, aria26 said:

even the director seem to be aware of what he is depriving everyone because he kept on baiting the scenes. There would be lesser issue if he ignored the thing altogether but he kept teasing instead. It would have also been easier to just hint that they are doing something offscreen, like lift MW up and head straight to the bedroom like they have done it many times before, even "conservatives" like me (I really am not, but this drama is turning me into one) wouldn't object to that. So why are they insisting on making CS appear so chaste?

OMG I don't like the feeling that I'm falling into the director's trap. Hahahaha but yes, maybe that's one thing - they keep on teasing leaving viewers wanting more. Jeeeez, so frustrating. :joy:

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

On a different note, or maybe it's just me because some find it as CS being selfless??

At the last part of ep 15, for me CS character is being contradictory.

When MW left and has not returned, he was all desparate, lost, and crying his eyes out.... and then just like that, he was suddenly saying MW should let go of HDL already, not to stay on anymore.. like he waited and waited for her... only to send her off in the end???

:huh:  :crazy:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, lollyminx said:

Because as I've said, I've watched other series where I like both main leads and they've done even less kissing and hugging than ManChan but I didn't feel this frustrated. I was satisfied with the limited romance they showed. With HDL, I'm frustrated to the point of being a little bothered. I wonder why I'm feeling this way, and I want to know if I'm being irrational or something. :lol:

Oooooh I know who this is. :lol: The toxic dude will never. 

Hahaha, strange thing is..i am fine with the way they love each other and little gestures and such. It is what makes their love so beautiful. But dang, i clearly saw the missed opportunity at the ending scene when they could have kissed after professing their concrete “i love you” exchange. It would have been an extra sweetness. I was like..come on..kiss. And then..it didn’t happen :joy: and i was like “what in the world? Did that just happen?!” :joy: i am not expecting room 404 scenes anymore because I don’t think that line will ever be crossed lol. But why? Why couldn’t we get some more kisses? ^_^

I still love them and their love story is still very beautiful to me. But can we just get some more kisses? It’s the final episode already. And only 2 kisses total (one that doesn’t even officially count) lol.

4 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

I havent watch the subbed episode yet... its just funny that everyone is complaining about a kiss... i have been complaining about the lack of it since 2 episodes ago and some were like, its ok, their love doesnt need skinship, and now... :D:D... 

Jin Goo ah... its not period drama but modern drama, you can be free with your affection, you know... hahhaa

We are mesmerized by the story but we also want the love focus, Hong sisters....pls do better in your next drama....haiz...

Hahaha, i just saw the perfect missed opportunity of a kiss at the ending scene and it just made me pull my hair lol. I know we won’t see many skinships which I have been fine because i know their love doesn’t always do the physical stuff. But dang, that moment was perfect for a kiss. Why didn’t we get one? :sweat_smile:

however, i will not deny. I do still love seeing ManChan hug and hold hands and smile at each other with their eyes. Their I Love You was still beautiful although i was hoping for a kiss to be added haha. 

Edit:

@berny2 from how i understood it, he said he wanted to keep her by his side which is why he brought up the fact that he could have drank the wine and stayed in the joseon era with her. When he cried and was desperate and lost is because when she was gone, it was his yearning for her and not knowing if she was going to come any time soon. He knows he will still have to send her off even when she came back. He cried because she told him to wait and he didn’t know the outcome of that proposal. He went back in time just to also see her because he missed her a lot. It was not just for the flower. 

However, he also stated that when he hung up the pictures they took, he realized he couldn’t let her go through another meaningless manager hence for him to be the last one for her. So even though it hurts him, he is willing to let her go and be free. If she drinks the potion, she will get to be together with CS. But I don’t think she would be able to leave with CS when he dies because she is still the owner. He knows this so would rather she no longer be fenced to the hotel. To me, not contradicting. It’s actually really just his heart speaking out of his love for her. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

I just saw ep 15. It was much better than I thought it would be and the plot made continual sense. It also a very mature in tone and really touching message. Magos consistently testing both MW and CS and both have shown again that they aren’t selfish and are accepting of their reality.

Someone once said this show’s main theme is about “letting go” and yes, it can’t be missed now. We may not get a typical happy ending but if the ending is the choice made by MW and CS, I may be ok. 

• Love 7

19 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

But I don’t think she would be able to leave with CS when he dies because she is still the owner. He knows this so would rather she no longer be fenced to the hotel. To me, not contradicting. It’s actually really just his heart speaking out of his love for her. 

This is why theirs is the healthy kind of love. Get you a man who DOESN'T BUILD RESENTMENT IN YOU AND CHAIN YOU TO IT (unlike someone we know), BUT A MAN WHO WILL HELP YOU FACE YOUR DEMONS (AND ALSO EMBRACE THEM) AND GET YOU OUT OF THE WALLS YOU BUILT AROUND YOU. :star: But when you find that person, treat him well and don't "verbally abuse" him like MW does to CS :joy: cause at times, she's really overdoing it. 

8 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Magos consistently testing both MW and CS and both have shown again that they aren’t selfish and are accepting of their reality.

ALTHOUGH I DON'T LIKE THE PART WHERE THEY HAVE TO KEEP ON PROVING THEMSELVES TO MAGO, I AGREE THAT THIS IS A GOOD PART OF THE STORY BECAUSE THEY PASSED ALL THE TESTS. AFTER ALL THESE, I HOPE THE MAGOS GIVE THEM A BREAK. :heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

15 minutes ago, berny2 said:

On a different note, or maybe it's just me because some find it as CS being selfless??

At the last part of ep 15, for me CS character is being contradictory.

When MW left and has not returned, he was all desparate, lost, and crying his eyes out.... and then just like that, he was suddenly saying MW should let go of HDL already, not to stay on anymore.. like he waited and waited for her... only to send her off in the end???

:huh:  :crazy:

To me it was CS being human. He knows that he has to not stand in the way of Man Wol's freedom, but that doesn't mean he won't miss her, and that he won't always want to be beside her. The pull of his feelings are contradictory to what he knows he must do, and he struggles, but he is able to overcome them because his love for her is greater than his selfish feelings. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

After watch ep 15 both CS and MW stated that MW is a ghost (?)

Is because after all she is a 1300 yo soul ?  Her time will start flowing again it means she supposed to be not exist anymore in this present time like her staff ?

My heart cant take it anymore :cry:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

@lollyminx I know I wrote ‘test’ but sometimes Mago’s test and/or trials make MW and CS think and force them to consider things towards their OWN decisions. I am OK with this as sometimes in real life, we all rush to make a choices out of our emotions when it is not necessary the best choice or what we even really want. I see Mago’s test as a guidance that enables MW and CS to make their own informed choices. Like if CS didn’t consider the choice to stay with past MW, then he wouldn’t have realized that actually he wanted to see stop MW from living a hollowed life (because we know eventually CS will die), and be her last manager. So in this way, the last minute time travel was well done and not last minute craziness. 

Oh yes, I have always thought MW was a ghost and no longer human from the start. It is bittersweet that her time is running out.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4