[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

13 minutes ago, briseis said:

Well, I would still prefer that unreleased handkerchief Moon Lovers alternate ending but I take this too. I'm really curious whether it will be some ML meta (I mean forget that there is so much ML meta already in the drama), Hong Sisters are known for some awesome cameos but also for some utterly wasted and forgettable (like JGS in Hwayugi). So fingers crossed we get the former.

cameo OMG :bawling:

does he become the ghost? or cleaner? or tree? ops just a wild guess since i'm not even start watching HDL :lol: LUNCH BREAK pali!

• LOL 4

tumblr_pumal4aZxu1w99clso10_r2_400.giftumblr_pumal4aZxu1w99clso7_r1_400.gif

tumblr_pumal4aZxu1w99clso3_r1_400.giftumblr_pumal4aZxu1w99clso4_r1_400.gif

trendingkdrama

---------------------

1f44f-1f3fb.png

Spoiler

Lee Joon Gi To Reunite With IU For âHotel Del Lunaâ Cameo

Lee Joon Gi To Reunite With IU For “Hotel Del Luna” Cameo

Jul 17, 2019
by E. Cha

Lee Joon Gi and IU’s friendship is still going strong!

On July 18, Lee Joon Gi’s agency Namoo Actors announced that the actor would be making a cameo appearance in IU’s new drama “Hotel Del Luna.”

A representative of the agency confirmed, “Lee Joon Gi will be making a special appearance in Episode 3 of tvN’s Saturday-Sunday drama ‘Hotel Del Luna.'”

Namoo Actors went on to reveal that Lee Joon Gi’s cameo was a result of his ongoing friendship with his “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” co-star IU, stating, “This special appearance came about because of his friendship with IU, with whom he appeared in a previous project.”

To catch Lee Joon Gi’s appearance in “Hotel Del Luna,” tune in to the next episode on July 20 at 9 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1339494wpp/lee-joon-gi-to-reunite-with-iu-for-hotel-del-luna-cameo

--------------------------------

Adding article:)

First Impressions: Hotel Del Luna

It's much darker and complicated than I ever expected which is a nice surprise, giving us a fashionista of a cold soul that's self-deprecating when it comes to her existence and a young man scared to his core from the frightful ghosts he can now see. It's the characters themselves that make this feel like a dark comedy of sorts with noir components due to the supernatural elements and as a result, we get a unique series. The intricacies presented in relation to Man-Wol from the very start add to the mysticism and the idea of destiny which forms a connection between our main leads.

The revelations of Man-Wol's past makes the show more interesting as she's shrouded with an air of opulence in the present, a striking contrast to what we see her as in the beginning of the pilot episode. There's no confusion or guessing as to how Man-Wol became the owner but rather what prompts her to travel far distances to a mythical house that's only rumoured to exist, so we're left to guess the why aspect. She's an individual that's unique in the sense that there's a constant countenance of indefinite sorrow from having lived so long and having to emotionally detach herself from humans in order to continue existing without really living. Her slight obsession and single determination to have Chan-Seong as head Manager of her hotel seems a little odd considering her personality but it goes to show how much she needs someone else at her side.

What I absolutely adore about the show is the direction the Writes and production team have taken in portraying the supernatural-fantasy elements with a modern twist. The hotel itself looks like it came right out of The Great Gatsbybut each of its rooms is unique and designed for its individual occupants, one door may lead to an actual beach while another to wintry mountains, or a library large enough to hold every single book in existence. The journey to the afterlife requires souls to cross an actual bridge, driven there by 'heaven's' car once a Grim Reaper comes to accompany them. It's all these instances that make the show extremely fun to watch and open to endless possibilities of the imagination. 

Even the more intentional supernatural elements that are vital to the drama's plot are noteworthy. Man-Wol's sword which she uses to exact her revenge is engraved with 'Full Moon' being engulfed by a mystical tree which is the foundation and central 'heart' of the guest house/hotel. The sword isn't hers (most likely considering the information we're given so far) but it captures her life's essence and deepens the bonds Man-Wol and Chan-Seong have since the tree comes to life and bears flowers in the presence of Chan-Seong and his father. The tree is otherwise lifeless and I somehow get the feeling that it's a direct reflection of Man-Wol's soul and Chan-Seong's past life. I like how the show can be unpredictable with the daily operations of the hotel and its guests but the nuances when it comes to the core supernatural story, is compelling and distinctively drawn out for us to interpret. And this gives us a change of pace to what we've been getting lately with a lot of other K-dramas so this series is clearly out to shake the drama world along with the fashion industry.

A magical world full of imagination and ghosts, Hotel Del Luna is unique in style and tone, full of charms and concepts of life and death with clear conditions. The visuals are stunning with a sprinkle of spookiness and conflicting characters to keep you thoroughly entertained.
Release Date: July 13, 2019 (Eng Sub available on Viki)
  • Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

I'm finally caught up. Haven't got the time to watch episode 2, so I've been avoiding this thread so I don't get any spoilers. Lol. :D

I am loving the drama so far and soo looking forward to what is going to happen between Ku Chan Sung and Jang Man Wol. Especially JML's story of what happened to her.

The ghost aren't that scary. Honestly, I think Master's Sun was more scary. Lol.

1 hour ago, briseis said:

Well, I would still prefer that unreleased handkerchief Moon Lovers alternate ending but I take this too. I'm really curious whether it will be some ML meta (I mean forget that there is so much ML meta already in the drama), Hong Sisters are known for some awesome cameos but also for some utterly wasted and forgettable (like JGS in Hwayugi). So fingers crossed we get the former.

YAY!! So glad to see our Moon Lovers together, but yes, like @nurlayla said, I'm afraid that he'll be a ghost, too and most likely he will be.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Joseph Lim said:
tvN is really going all out with Hotel del Luna. 1st with JMW IG, now this :D

Daebak! I'm like roaming in the website. Lol. :lol:

It's just like Fifty Shades of Grey, when the movie was going to come out, a website was created to hire workers for Christian Grey's company. One of my friend applied on there and she never heard back. Lol. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

God bless to everyone who's always think good though and kind deeds even there's always some salty people dunno how to grateful with they've been  blessed

For the haters who's always spite full toward LJE/IU.or YJG.hello...we appreciate you're opinion but please stop, We just have 2 episodes with amazing breakthrough and it will be tremendous in comings to wait, so stop promoting your actor /actress to replace the Lead when there's no points to talk about..it's end, keep that's imaginations for yourself.

Both carry the Shows with theirs top performance so stop downgrades HDL

Does so hard be a wise person you don't favour something just don't watch it.

Leave the Shows to many who's appreciated.

Have very Good day soompiers

9 hours ago, uglypearl said:

I call this  "Amantes De(l) Luna "  (Moon Lovers)   JK :D

(Please excuse my corny joke.)

Speaking of which, I think it was intentional that they have Lee JunKi  as guest/ cameo in this drama.

It's kinda bit not surprising that he'll do a cameo because of  the  "moon" reference. Lee Junki played as IU's love interest in Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo and he's also IU's close friend.

The Hong Sisters are known in making references,  puns and metaphors and having famous celebrity cameos in their dramas.

Also about the fish appearance in episode 2, It's the fish that ManWol ate.

The fish she ate is called "opah" or moonfish 

File:Moonfish 600.jpg

the fish name "opah"  almost the same spelling and pronunciation/sound  of "oppah/oppa" (Hangeul/Korean term/word that females calling their boyfriend  and also a term that females calling their older male  sibling or their older male close friend) And the color of the fish is scarlet

It's possible this is one of the clues or hints that foreshadows Lee Junki  is cameoing  in this drama.

Speaking about comedian/gagman  Kim JunHyun appearing in posters, i think it's related to this commercial:

• LOL 5
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahahaha @uglypearl why do we suddenly have Sailormoon in deLuna cause it also have a 'Moon' ??? XD

Talking about the moon does sailormoon is another reference as JMW life and love story? When the fish could bring such meaning clue I think so do KSH last visited to HDL filming site...waaa..we would have so many good looking guys as Oppa cameo:astonished:

Ps. 3generations in our families loves Sailormoon:glasses:

Spoiler

Here we comes IUmoonstrack:lol:

Excited for tomorrow night

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, angelangie said:

this make me wanted to watch life again ><" however my internet is not being good :/ 

Why...wish tomorrow getting better what i should asked and talk when you're not here angie?

Queen of Diamond

JANG Man Wol The heroine beyond Good and evil

IMG-20190718-063523.jpg

The Ace.

GCS the knight who willing take a risk not merely for own good but the true shining armor who will strife devoted his live even she will lead him to his doom.

IMG-20190718-063528.jpg

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

New still for tomorrow night :wub:

IMG-20190719-123917.jpg

Jieuni expressive eyes could brought you to deep sorrowful uncertainties, disguise, loves and boredom she has eyes  to act convincingly the emotions all at once.

Loves her acting wise.

IMG-20190719-124004.jpg

IMG-20190629-105816.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1