Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

When I watched the ep live, I thought of CM immediately when the "first guest" was mentioned - the rich Mago only mentioned "첫 손님" and didn't specify whether it was his first guest or the hotel's first guest (realised subsequently the subs chose to put "your first guest" but in Korean it wasn't clear/up for us to interpret). Also in the next scene, Sunbi was asking the Grim Reaper about a guest where the hotel staff are not aware of so I was thinking CM should be the first guest... he was with MW when the guesthouse first appeared.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

Man Wol so proud of her man for quickly grabbing the opportunity for money. :lol: They really match well huh.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, yellowreign said:

When I watched the ep live, I thought of CM immediately when the "first guest" was mentioned - the rich Mago only mentioned "첫 손님" and didn't specify whether was his first guest or the hotel's first guest (realised subsequently the subs chose to put "your first guest" but in Korean it wasn't clear/up for us to interpret). Also in the next scene, Sunbi was asking the Grim Reaper about a guest where the hotel staff are not aware off so I was thinking CM should be the first guest... he was with MW when the guesthouse first appeared.

Hmmm. I did not connect those scenes at all. Now it makes sense. Thanks!

In the Korean, was MaGo 5's goodbye to MW also stressed? Because it seemed to me she emphasize it, while she told CS that she will be seeing a lot of him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, laola said:

So i have binged watch HDL in the last two 3 days so might be missing a few details. But I cant for the life of me understand why every one on my twitter tl is going gaga over CM and why CS is so much under praised or people think he is boring or have no passion. In my personal opinion i find CM a bit annoying since the beginning. I find selfish and self serving and i still dont understand why everyone MW considered family had to die and even if they why did he think MW would be okay with it or did he think she would appreciate being left alive while watching her people die. I dont understand his thought process. He then decides to die in the most selfish way. Chooses to remain as a firefly while robbing MW a chance of resolution. I would have sympathised with him more if mago kept him that way in order to protect MW from going full evil. But he chooses this himself and in past 1000+ never realised that him not letting go is hurting MW because since he cant reincarnate MW cant find peace. Also the body switch is weird because if he just wanted to talk with MW there would be no misunderstanding he could just tell her the truth and leave but from the preview it seems like he chooses to hang around in CS

I don't think CM is overrated, everyone is hating him here, but I'm ok with both CM and CS, each of them has different love story,  with CS is more like romantic comedy and with CM it's more like bittersweet love story with some mysteries and unlike MW and CS which both have confirmed they loved each other we all just wait for room 404 scene and more skinship and what is the ending which I don't dare to hope too much.

And the CM one, there are regrets and misunderstanding that hasn't been solved, like scarlet heart ending, everyone is still heartbroken, that's why I'm still curious what really happened, they haven't revealed the scene when CM was waiting for her in the lake. 

I think the writer is trying to portray CM is the first love, boyfriend material (someone you have crush on, but you are both probably still young and MAYBE it's not true love just romantic attraction), and CS is the last love that is mature, about understanding each other, comfortable that is like husband material.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, aria26 said:

Hmmm. I did not connect those scenes at all. Now it makes sense. Thanks!

In the Korean, was MaGo 5's goodbye to MW also stressed? Because it seemed to be she emphasize it, while she told CS that she will be seeing a lot of him.

Yes! She said "잘 가라" with an emphasis and that smile and a deep look... my first thought was like, is she referring to MW's reincarnation or something... hahaha

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, yellowreign said:

Yes! She said "잘 가라" with an emphasis and that smile and a deep look... my first thought was like, is she referring to MW's reincarnation or something... hahaha

you mean MaGo is expecting MW to go away and be reincarnated soon? haha. I stil don't know what to make of haha

• Like 3

Translation of the IG post. Man Wol out here warning all the people eyeing her man. :D

The other IG post:

Spoiler

On another note, I keep replaying that part in the scene where Man Wol threatened to take all of his clothes, when his voice goes all soft and he drops it even lower: "I don't think [you can handle it]." Kyaaaa!!1!!1 I don't want to perv on him but why must he do these things! (I feel ya, Man Wool!) :w00t:

• Like 3
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ondine said:

On another note, I keep replaying that part in the scene where Man Wol threatened to take all of his clothes, when his voice goes all soft and he drops it even lower: "I don't think [you can handle it]." Kyaaaa!!1!!1 I don't want to perv on him but why must he do these things! (I feel ya, Man Wool!) :w00t:

CM stole her baby CS' precious body, what will go down then? hehe

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

After watching ep 13, I decided to root for CS only, he is the most clear headed person here, everyone else is crazy and confused at one point or another haha. Go go Go Chan Seung!!!! -_--_--_- 

(But isn't going to tunnel run by feet after a car too foolish, man? tsk tsk. I pass it as K-drama logic then.)

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

LMFAO! IU spoiling the scene for tonight's episode! Hahahaha..

Seems like they will fight tonight as the reflection of their past self. 

I was expecting to see MW in action scene with her modern, chick "suitable" cloth for fighting. I guess not then. No time to change cloth when your archenemy appear in front of you. Back to basic. Hahaha! :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Just now, zhangrain said:

(But isn't going to tunnel run by feet after a car too foolish, man? tsk tsk. I pass it as K-drama logic then.)

I'm not sure it's his fault, no one tells him anything. They dont have a safety briefing in that hotel, how can they stay registered with the city

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

AHAHAHA...okay, before I go and watch ep 13, let me just share this that I saw when I was checking my IG and when I searched anything HDL related..:joy:...I just can't...XD

CTTO

• LOL 12

8 hours ago, juju84 said:

And they are in the relationship this is as clear as a day.

7 hours ago, aria26 said:

this is a couple who really communicate with each other instead of just kissing their hearts out and then having misunderstandings hehe

8 hours ago, juju84 said:

And they are in the relationship this is as clear as a day.

These are true and it's one of the things I like about their relationship. They didn't say "I love you" out loud but the way they expressed their feelings meant so much more than those three words. What's more romantic than telling someone you'll carry the burden falling on you because it's all he can do as a human being? But still, more skinship wouldn't hurt. They won't lose anything by doing that. :D

8 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Then (I think?) Chan-Sung asked Man-Weol to call him Oppa. Oooh you sneaky Harvard thief Chan-Sung:w00t:

Same! This is what I thought of this scene too and I was waiting for her to say it, but then MW said "unnie" instead. :D

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Mira got her man in bed first (well, Chansung's bed bwahaha)

Mira got the moves, she's overshadowing MW in that department. Haha imagine using pink ink on your skirt just so you can get a guy's number, and then making an excuse so YW will stay on the bed? MW, catch up please!

46 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

the blurriest post ever :joy:

LET ME GUESS. YJG TOOK THESE PHOTOS RIGHT? HAHAHA

41 minutes ago, Ondine said:

SAME. YJG DOES THIS WELL. FROM THE FAN SCENE TO THIS. MW SHOULD COUNTERATTACK AND TEASE HIM TOO. I BET HE WON'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE SEXY MW. I WANT HER TO OUT-TEASE CS UNTIL HE CAN'T HELP BUT MAKE THE MOVES HIMSELF CAUSE HE CAN'T HELP IT. :wub::naughty:

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

These are true and it's one of the things I like about their relationship. They didn't say "I love you" out loud but the way they expressed their feelings meant so much more than those three words. What's more romantic than telling someone you'll carry the burden falling on you because it's all he can do as a human being? But still, more skinship wouldn't hurt. They won't lose anything by doing that. :D

I agree. And I like that they were never really hiding their relationship. They don't flaunt it (well, Man Wol does on IG :lol:) but they didn't sneak around either. They're still professional when it comes to serving their guests at the hotel; they don't let it interfere with their work.

Mira got the moves, she's overshadowing MW in that department. Haha imagine using pink ink on your skirt just so you can get a guy's number, and then making an excuse so YW will stay on the bed? MW, catch up please!

Man Wol said even when she's lived for a thousand years, she still doesn't know what time and existence it. Apparently also she still doesn't know how to properly flirt with her man. Don't back down when he agrees to sleep in your bed after you offered it to him! :lol:

LET ME GUESS. YJG TOOK THESE PHOTOS RIGHT? HAHAHA

That was my first thought when I saw it too. YJG, King of the Blurry Selfies (and other photos too). :D

Also, these very good observations:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Alright, I just watched the subbed EP 13 and from an average viewer’s perspective, it’s easy to see why the ratings decreased yesterday. However, personally, I think this is the farthest we’ve moved forward plot-wise. Regardless of how we feel about CM, positive or negative, the show took a step forward because finally, MW met CM and isn't this what we've been waiting for since episode 1? To know what happened in the past? We got clear answers in this episode.

SOME NOTES:

• ·       Initially, in previous episodes, I felt sympathetic towards CM thinking he chose to stay as a firefly for MW as penance and/or testament for his love for her. This episode changed my mind because in the flashback, I think he made a cowardly decision. MW wanted him to suffer like she did and I thought he'd be the kind who would accept that after everything he did, letting YW dying included (agreement or no agreement between them). But then he took the easy way out by killing himself and therefore, dooming MW because she can't move on until he pays for his betrayal. It isn’t love. On the other hand, this is a good thing too because it shows the contrast between CM and CS, and why CS is a better fit for MW. It shows us that even if the writers made CS a reincarnation of CM, MW won’t hurt CS because CS is different. He’s a better person than CM and CS doesn’t need to suffer because of CM.
  • ·       It was amusing to see the ghost writer in the hotel cause the last time we saw him, he lined up by the entrance of the bus to the afterlife. He changed his mind after all. I have a feeling he'd move on after finally writing a novel, which is about two people who fall in love at Hotel Del Luna. He’s a way too important ghost by now for us not to see him move on.

HOW I WANT THINGS TO END:

• ·       It’s pretty clear they’re going to rush the last two episodes. I think the serial killer plot will be resolved in Episode 14 so we can see the risks CS would have to be put through and how MW will respond to it now that CM is tied to CS. I think MW will save CS and let CM pass on. This is necessary so MW can move on to the afterlife, which I think will be the storyline in Episodes 15 and 16.

•  ·       I've accepted the fact that MW will move on. In this episode, MW describes what happens to people’s memories while crossing the bridge. I think it’s just too good of a scene for them to pass up, so we’re going to see MW cross that bridge. I want to see it actually. I want to see her take each step while trying to hold on to CS’s memories up until the end of the bridge. THEN, I also want to see CS crying when he senses that MW’s last memory of him faded. I think it will be a good, heart breaking scene and I wouldn’t mind being put through painful emotions if I get to see it all on screen.  :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

•  ·       With that said, I kind of want them to earn the heartbreak. I hope they spend Episode 15 making the most of their time together. I know they love each other, we’ve seen how they communicate and express it in extremely meaningful ways. But the viewer/”pervert” in me also want them to do stuff that close couples do. You know what I mean. I don’t like seeing them bicker anymore, call each other formally, and still have a line between them they haven’t crossed. I think if we see the times they spend together as a couple, it would be more heartbreaking if MW finals leaves.

•  ·       CS has been teasing MW relentlessly after all about her not being able to handle thoughts of sleeping together. I think MW should fight back and tease him too up to the point he’s the one who won’t be able to take it any longer and do something about it. *wink wink* :naughty:

•  ·       Also, they better add scenes of CS reminiscing about MW, the way MW did with memories of CS singing baby shark and tending to the ghost child. I want to see how CS remembers MW, not from what we’ve seen in previous episodes, but through CS’s memories when no one is around.:wub:

I also agree that I want CS to work at a real hotel after HDL. Yuna should take over since she wants to be with HJ anyway and she doesn’t fit in the real world. YN and HJ can run the hotel together.

Then at the real hotel that CS owns/manages, MW will come in as a human guest without memories of her past. In this way, they can start over. But MW would still be materialistic and feisty. It would be funny if MW is a saggikun like CS’s father and MW enters CS’s hotel to hide from someone, then CS finds her.

• Like 9

@lollyminx Saturday episodes tend to rate lower than the Sunday episodes, but apparently this is the highest-rating Saturday episode so far:

I also hope they resolve annoying serial killer and Smirkalot in tonight's episode. I want to see how Sun Bi's and Hyun Joong's stories progress too. And can Chansung and Man Wol please have sex before Man Wol dies? Apparently she hasn't gotten any for a thousand years! Do it for the love! :D

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

It has been years since the last time I posted in soompi. I had promised myself not to go gaga over a korean drama anymore since I need to focus on my real duty in this real world :sweatingbullets: but what can I do. I certainly cannot ignore a good and awesome drama like this :w00t:.

From my vast experience watching korean dramas, this is one of best dramas I have watched down the lane. It does not only have good casting and acting, I think it also had a tight plot (honestly none scenes feels like a filler) because every ghost story shown teaches the main leads on how a certain situation is viewed in different perspective. So it is really on point to tell us to not take things at face value. 

Another thing I love in this drama is the brutal honesty between the leads. Definitely an honest communication plays a big role in a relationship. I love the leads being straightforward with their feelings sans any ego or insecurity. If they like then they say they like it. If they dont then they say it so. How smooth and simple it can be if we are in the kind of relationship? Half of troubles and misunderstandings can be solved! :phew:

And one more thing before I conclude, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the actors who play the leads! I have always loved both IU and YJG. TBH, I have been wishing them to work together in a series and somehow my wish is granted. LOL. I have stopped shipping OTP in real life but I will make an exception here. I would like them to end up together in real life! B) Ok I am getting delusional. Its better for me to get ready mentally if one of them revealed to date someone else.

And one more thing. Lol. I love Hong sisters waited until now to produce HDL. I can tell you they are strong believers. If they made the drama way earlier, we wont get the kind of cinematography that has been shown in HDL. It worths the wait. I am not a fan of them but I wish to see better products from them in future. Thank you Hong Sister! :)

Here I finish all my pent-up emotions in regard to the drama. Please give us a phenomenal ending! 

• Like 4
  • Love 5