Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

MW: When I met you for the first time, the flowers in this neighborhood had blossomed and it's so pretty, but now there is nothing. Back then, you were so scared when you met a ghost for the first time. Today I am like you (she is scared). The flowers are falling.
CS: I see
MW: There's no petal remaining on the ground. Before it landed, it has already disappeared. I guess there won't be any petals left behind
CS: Perhaps, just like the first time, the flowers that fall from your tree is coming towards me. It will fill the ground, it will be heavy and painful. It will be my responsibility to bear and I accept it. That's why, don't feel afraid when you leave me. This is the only thing that I can give with all my might to you as a weak human. My love 
MW: To be left as flower petals that will disappear, it is too sad

• Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Ellander88 said:

I don't know how will MW react when she know the truth about CM and that firefly. I think I have to prepare at least 3 boxes of tissues when the time for their reconciliation happen. 

I have a strong feeling when MW finds out, she'll decide to forgive him. That she'll think CM accepting his fate and becoming a firefly is enough punishment, and this would free CM too. He can also leave peacefully knowing MW forgave him for not doing anything. And yeah, I think it will be a sad scene too. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

I have a strong feeling when MW finds out, she'll decide to forgive him. That she'll think CM accepting his fate and becoming a firefly is enough punishment, and this would free CM too. He can also leave peacefully knowing MW forgave him for not doing anything. And yeah, I think it will be a sad scene too. 

I mean, the legendary scene between MW and YW detective reincarnation was so impactful, I can't imagine what kind of emotion and expression would MW shows to us when the truth about CM is revealed. I still replay that particular scene MW looking at YW with a smile and at the same time sad expression many times and it still leave me in awe of how impactful that scene was. 

BTW, what a pleasant surprise that IU sing the OST. :w00t: When I watch the ending scene, I thought to myself, why do I feel familiar with this voice? LOL! That's what she's been hinting in her instagram with that singing pose. LOL! :joy:

Edited by Ellander88
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

MW: When I met you for the first time, the flowers in this neighborhood had blossomed and it's so pretty, but now there is nothing. Back then, you were so scared when you met a ghost for the first time. Today I am like you (she is scared). The flowers are falling.
CS: I see
MW: There's no petal remaining on the ground. Before it landed, it has already disappeared. I guess there won't be any petals left behind
CS: Perhaps, just like the first time, the flowers that fall from your tree is coming towards me. It will fill the ground, it will be heavy and painful. It will be my responsibility to bear and I accept it. That's why, don't feel afraid when you leave me. This is the only thing that I can give with all my might to you as a weak human. My love 
MW: To be left as flower petals that will disappear, it is too sad

This is too sad for my heart.. The love that chansung have is really pure for this world.. I mean for him to actually said out loud that he's fine even when accepting the truth she will gone and still loving her really break my heart.. In other word he willing to accept all the memories and love toward her even when she gone and he will left behind alone.... :tears:

For the skinship part i actually okay with that kiss cause the little thing is essential for our manchan story.. Since the beginning i already see how this will unfold cause its not the skinship but the way they are with each other is prove how they care and love.. I think even after this the kiss scene will be sad cause unless some twist will happen in the end we will get more angst for our otp.. 

Spoiler

Both IU and YJG seem really close and comfortable with each other but i think they super careful with how much they show their friendship cause as IU fan she never show publically her male friend even when they close and i heard YJG also like that.. But seeing how they act with each other i pretty sure they close irl... Can somebody confirm this i never heard YJG call IU noona..?? 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Ooh, that text preview! I guess the upcoming episodes will be the staff getting their closure (or not) and moving on.

@alleram95 Thank you for translating that last scene! The most overproduced kiss scene to end all overproduced kiss scenes. Slow motion! Backlight here! Cut to petals falling! Backlight there! Moar petals flowing! Backlight everywhere! Epic OST! Then again they didn't use the 360-degree rotating camera, so maybe I should dock points for that. :lol: But that dialogue though! THAT DIALOGUE. :tears:

Other stuff as usual (super thanks to Dramamilk for their live recap!):

Spoiler

- Annoying serial killer gets to live---or well, hang around as a ghost---another week. Mago hates me. Hmph.

- So Chansung can bring the psycho scary vibes when he wants to. He was so scary when he was cocking the gun and spinning it like a damn bottle and threatening annoying serial killer with a smile on his face. Damn, Chansung!

- OMG Smirkalot really is the firefly. This is hilarious! At least Man Wol got to help a lot of ghosts and people, parade around in the best wardrobe in the universe, drink tons of champagne and makgeolli, drive fancy cars, etc etc while for 1,300 years Smirkalot was hanging around...being a firefly. Bwahahaha! (I apologize to the fireflies I've offended.)

- I forgot who here wanted moar Grim Reaper...congratulations, you willed it into existence! I love the Man Wol + Reaper alliance, making deals over drinks in the Sky Bar. May it prosper.

- So the new Hype Thing this week is Chansung's "punishment." So it's for reviving Man Wol, and they're teasing how it's going to get so much worse than it is now. Hey now, Magos, that's kind of a whole lot of unfair, dontchuthink?! But alright, I get it, life (and death) is unfair. Or no, I take that back. Magos, you'll have to explain how that works.

- For a show whose theme revolves around people dying, I think this is the first episode that focused on the grief of the people the dead left behind. Of course it's to parallel what's going on with Man Wol, and how she's so afraid of the grief Chansung will go through when she leaves. Which leads to...

- This EPIC DOOMED ROMANCE. I love that it's such a different romance from most other dramas. I've accepted that it was never going to be a sexy romance. I love how they've both accepted from the start that it's doomed, and they know that it will be very painful, but they decided that it's worth being able to love each other in what short time they have together. And I love that even though they've accepted it, it's still really hard on them. I had read a recap or comment elsewhere in the earlier episodes that doubted whether their love could be the epic kind that these types of shows usually gun for. But now, how can you get more epic than this? Take all my feels! 

• Like 4
  • Love 6

Agency person said there are no plans to release IU's OST. Like what?!

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Before i go to sleep... just wanna say, great that GCS's IG is gaining traction and have over 1500 followers now... it maybe difficult to catch up with full moon's but at least its gaining popularity. 

Cant wait to see the sub episode tmr.

Good night everyone! Sweet dreams! :)

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ondine said:

Agency person said there are no plans to release IU's OST. Like what?!

Perhaps they mean no plans for now, not yet set the date. Just like “Done for me” has only been released today but it has been used since early episodes.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5

Here is my try of translating the new OST by IU (not 100% correct)

I wish that our ending isn't a sad ending.
When we remembered about this moment

So that we won't cry
Shouldn't we have all happy ending?

If it can't, it will become a very painful wound
To remember you, will it hurt me in the end?
Will that killing me?

Looking at you who is weak

For a moment I forget about my long agony
This way I want to hug you once more

Rather than my growing fear

I keep having a greed that I can't hold in
In the sunny winter 
I will miss you 

If it can't, please remember me with this scene.
Our sadly beautiful night too
With falling flower petals
All happy ending

Hmm I'm just guessing but maybe IU write the lyrics of the song herself? Because she has the script, she can perfectly describe the ending of episode 12 in the song.

PS :

Spoiler

To all of you who like my translations, even with many mistakes, Thank you. :) 

I just want to inform that next week, I don't think I can give translations because I will be away for business trip. Hopefully I can still watched some cut scenes and read the discussions in here. If I have free time, I will try and post translation for some scenes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 9

3 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

Hmm I'm just guessing but maybe IU write the lyrics of the song herself? Because she has the script, she can perfectly describe the ending of episode 12 in the song.

Reading your translation, I think so too. She also did it for My Ajussi so it's likely that she wrote a song for this series too. 

18 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I forgot who here wanted moar Grim Reaper...congratulations, you willed it into existence! I love the Man Wol + Reaper alliance, making deals over drinks in the Sky Bar. May it prosper.

Hahahaha it was a good scene right? And they should have done it since the first episode. 

• Like 7

This day has been quite awful for me due to various reasons. But as night went in and this beautiful episode of HDL I've just seen, I feel assuaged. Thank you HDL and thank you chingu-Soompiers for your insightful thoughts and fun contributions making my viewing experience more worthwhile. 

Kudos, btw, to chingus who percipiently figured out from the get-go the mysterious firefly's role. It's nice to know that Chung-myung is close to achieving his redemption. But onto the juicier part, at long last drama gods rewarded those of us who patiently have been thirsting for some tickling romance. My heart gave a loud thudder as Man-wol and Chan-seung shared tender moments with each at her suite as she tried to cutely nurse the bruised and wounded him. But my heart skipped a beat at the magical, stirring ending scene. Man-wol with all her barriers broken down tearfully went for it first, her kiss was gentle and swift until Chan-seung pulled her again to lovingly deliver a kiss. Yet again, this episode's ghost case pertaining to the parents and their ghostly ill child mirrored the lovers' plight. The more Chan-seung is into protecting and loving Man-wol, the closer he is moving towards his own harm and ruin. But we already know that he doesn't mind it. He chose to wholeheartedly embrace, to feel the now. He chose to face his fate. His love for her is selfless and brave. It was wonderful witnessing how they developed this special closeness and interdependence that slowly blossomed into a romance. Let's hope that their passion grows more as she inches towards the climactic confrontation of her foreordained path.

• Like 3
  • Love 8

13 minutes ago, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

Perhaps they mean no plans for now, not yet set the date. Just like “Done for me” has only been released today but it has been used since early episodes.

They said it's only for the scene, but some fans replying to the tweet are guessing it might come out on IU's album. But again they're only speculating.

@realistic2280a The Chansung IG doesn't seem like an official account though?

• Like 3

The kiss was beautiful to me! 

Because their love is so beautiful too!

:bawling: my heart cannot take it. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

The kiss was..fine..hahaha maaan I want something more I want that typical kdrama kiss juseyo 

I hope we get a longer kiss scene in the next episode.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

@alleram95 Thank you for the song translation! I'm thinking it might be "our happy ending" though at the end, seems to fit better? :) I hope they'll end up releasing it eventually. It instantly became my favorite OST from the show when I heard it in the scene, even before knowing IU sang it, and now I'm just playing it on a loop, haha. :D

• Like 7

Dear Goo Chan Sung

isn’t fair to kiss only top part can you share your attention  :joy::mrgreen: Specially for woman that didn’t kiss for 1000 years 

15661437401566143730.gif

@sadthe1st & @vangsweetie637

wow the tree doing our job :joy:

15661432231566143164.gif

5d5976e01c00a058653212.gif?download

• Like 3
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 16