[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

4 minutes ago, Sorary said:

rather than seing they together in drama i actualy want to see both of them to be in variety show like na pd show it will be so much fun 

YES! Same! Like running a restaurant or bed and breakfast! :wub:

There should be spaces for online petitions over at the TVN website lol

• Like 2

As for me, I'd LOVE, LIKE REALLY LOVE to have them do the Korean Hostel in Spain (in another location) type of program or Youn's Kitchen. They can even do that with Kang Mina and P.O. who has done Kang's Kitchen and has mastered making kimchi rice. YJG was adorable in the 4 Wheeled Restaurant and he's really dependable so I guess it will work. IU looks awesome in those kinds of shows too. Aside from Hyori's Bed and Breakfast, I really love her guesting in Eat in Style episodes 1 and 2. 

I REALLY HOPE SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS. It will be a hit. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

The whole team was in the cruise if u look at the earlier video... just that the video focused on ManChan couple. Its great to see them at the Night Market... enjoying the night, if that is possible, with all phones sticking on their faces, observing their moves... aigoo, its like being in another drama set... 

I think both are aware that fans still want to see them together hence are making effort to be seen together as a 'couple' - at least until this trip is over... after that i doubt if we will have any sightings of them together, unless if they are really dating, hahhaha... which is unlikely :) sigh... :(

Oh, probably didn't notice them since the camera focused on them and they're the ones seen together. Maybe they are far apart from the rest of the cast. Seeing them together on their vacation is perhaps the Season 2...ha ha... at least now we get to see them go on a date in the cruise (which we haven't really seen in the drama) and buying things in the night market :D.

8 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

So i have been youtubing yeo jingoo and the thing that caught my eye was Park bo Young... she has a serious crush on him ya... now that yJG is all grown up, i wouldnt mind watching them in a melo. So PBY's wish for them to act together will be fulfilled! Haha..

I was already reading up on IU... wow, a very long CV... i dont really follow her, it was only after this drama that im curious about what she has done before...

Both actors have been in the Korean entertainment scene quite long though IU story seemed sadder. Anyways, all in the past and both are conquering the world now, hahaa

Park Bo Young has been very vocal many times how she wanted to work with YJG if he's all grown up. I remember this interview (idk if it's the radio show) where YJG sent her a message too since he probably knows how she always wants to work with him. And she was so happy about it :D.

So where did you read IU's long CV? haha... I only follow her as a singer but not very actively so idk much about her personal life too. Since I decided to follow her now, I'm kinda interested to know more about her.

8 hours ago, lollyminx said:

My shipping also weakened a bit, so to speak, after seeing the cruise videos. It does seem like this ship won't sail at all. :lol: At this point, I just want them to do other projects together and be good friends who talk about each other on interviews and stuff. It seems like they work well together on set/on screen.

Me too~ once I found another OTP to spazz on, I'll eventually forget about them as well :P. Well..maybe, I'll be reminded from time to time. I just hope for them to stay as good friends, great friends even.

7 hours ago, aria26 said:

Jin Goo holds his own (he reminded me so much of Gong Hyo Jin here - generous to their co-actors and are not afraid to be outshined because they have this talent to not lose presence on the screen no matter how strong or colorful the characters they are acting against are), but I've seen what he can do in Hwayi, and I dont want him in a romcom for a long while. I think he acts very well with his body, and he is young, so some intense action series (like Vagabond) should suit him next. I also want him to play really evil and deranged :) He has plenty of time to play romcom again when he gets to his thirties  hehe :)

Agree. CS"s character is way ordinary than MW's, even according to the Hong Sisters, but the way YJG made the character so likeable and shine in itself is something very admirable about him as an actor. This is my first rom-com of him... though I've watched him in TCC, but his character there is much more complex than CS. Didn't watch him in Absolute Boyfriend. So like I said before from my previous post, I think YJG is better with characters with stronger emotions, just like he did in TCC. I would also want him to try action series. I always see actors/actresses doing action dramas in a different light :D

I think it's time for YJG to finally date...ha ha.. so he can have more experience in terms of love. And then he'll be able to register it in his acting on his next rom-com drama in the future ^^.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Just finished reading the discussions over at bitchesoverdramas and DramaBeans. It feels good to read beautiful and insightful comments, and that discussions are still going on even after HDL is over. It's comforting in a way. 

Also, I may be in the minority but I don't want a season 2 with KSH. I just feel greedy/selfish (?) about HDL that I just want the story to be about MW and CS, no one else. :heart: But that's just me. This is why I haven't commented on season 2 ever. :D

Ooh and another thing, in my previous post, I talked about IU looking more sincere in some scenes. YJG did a good job too and one thing I want to give him credit for is creating a character that would match MW. To be honest, I felt bad for CS due to MW's treatment. I personally dislike rudeness and it was a little painful at times seeing MW treat CS the way she did, although all along I know they're in love, but then it was good to see CS create a character that did not only endure this treatment but turn the tables around. We can see this when he kept on teasing MW and calling her on her bluff. I don't think this would have worked if another actor took on the role like Ji Soo (I came across an old article where he was being considered for the role of CS). So kudos to YJG for creating CS as his own character, and for knowing CS well enough to do this.

You’re not alone on feeling that way towards season 2. The drama ended beautifully so let it be. I also think it would be difficult to write another story as compelling as this one. HDL is special because it showed us a secret world that’s new to dramaland. We’ve already explored the world so this concept can be overdone if there’s a continuation. Sometimes a drama needs to end to make it good. 

As for YJG as CS, I cannot imagine anyone else playing the role. He has a boyish yet manly charm that fits perfectly with the character. I must say it’s difficult to shine next to a character as deep and as wonderfully constructed as MW but I somehow walked away craving more YJG. He definitely left a deep impression on me even though we never knew much of CS’s story and his sole purpose in the HDL was to be placed there for MW’s story to move along. I believe YJG did as much as he can with the role he was given. Anyone who really wants to test his acting though should give the crowned clown a go because he was absolutely brilliant and his performance was nothing short of phenomenal!

Edited by Heretorant
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

It's Saturday again, I miss the way ManWol called "Goo Chan Sung...." :skull:

Highly recommended My Mister, I still watch random episode some time, it gives you heartbreaking and heartwarming feeling at the same time. It just .... truly one of a kind :)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, aria26 said:

Thank you guys for stopping this thread from getting delusional haha.

I really ship them, but the Thailand pictures have sated me and now I am ready to see them with other partners :) (am I lying to myself now? I am not sure haha)

For those still hungry for the insights on the ending, one is still ongoing here: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/09/05/hotel-del-luna-ep-16-the-finale-challenge/

I am Hong Sisters fangirling again, but I feel so proud of them for writing this series that got minds rolling and rolling with interpretations, not just with the ending, but throughout the meaning of the whole drama. From the first episode, I already felt it was different. Theirs don't need a big production to work, because their strength had always been in the dialogues. But the first 10 minutes of this drama hardly had any talking and were all production and acting (IU was incredible from the get-go, I was in love since how hopeless she looked when she poured wine on the coffin), and my impression was that the studio took them really seriously and gave them money. They have always been very metaphorical but they reached new heights with this. Thank you to PD Oh Choong Hwan too, the directing plays a lot in bringing in the mystery and making the audience pay attention to details that could be seen one way and another. I really felt his love for the drama because of how beautiful every shot is.

For me, any piece of art speaks differently to each of us. We pick on different details because we have different values and experiences. The more varied the interpretations are, the richer the work proves to be, and rich MaGo poured a lot of her powers on this drama.

@aria26 and @lollyminx  I didn't mean to stop the shipping dream.  I've shipped TV series people before and they never quite worked out :lol: one couple actually got in bit of a public tiff.  Like they were friendly on and off set and after the show wrapped they did appear in a few special entertainment segments here and there.  But a lot of the fans of the show really craved to see them in one frame again and again.  An entertainment news crew tried to arrange a fun meeting segment but the male lead he was busy filming another show and he sort of stood the actress up.  At least that is how it all played out in the entertainment segment.  At that point you know it almost felt burdensome for both parties as the fans were putting pressure for interactions.  Eventually things sort of worked out and the two actors patched up.  So I never want that to happen again and hope that people remain friends and don't feel burden to have to interact then the interactions will seem less genuine.  

I'm not saying IU and YJG are not genuine in their interactions with each other.  I think they respect each other as actors and they are friendly enough to each other.  Hence I am content with them hopefully becoming food truck friends :D

13 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Also reading the discussion over at bitchesoverdramas. 

First of all, I hadn't thought that MW died in her sleep. I didn't make that connection because I guess, dead or alive or in between, she's leaving anyway lol but it's good it was pointed out.

Also, I'm so glad this is being talked about: 

"Still salty about not giving them many romantic scenes because sad separation awaits. It’s kinda sad because there was a Japanese movie boku no hatsukoi wo kimi ni sasagu that has inevitable sad ending because male lead who suffers from heart disease refused to receive donor from his dead brain friend. Still the male lead asked God to gives him time to make lots of happy memories with his gf before he passed away. He even risked his life before donor was available to had sex with his gf, because he wanted to do what other couple do, to experience and made memories so that when he passed away there won’t be any regret , that he didn’t maximize that short time to has as many memories, knowing his gf will life with that memories until her last breath. I’m quite sure there are some scenes where Jingoo had an urge to express CS love to MW in more touchy ways, but restricted by HS `burden to gives them more happy and romantic scenes`"

Thanks for bring those discussions over at bitchesoverdramas.  It's a very interesting read regarding that challenge that was set.  I never thought to think that MW had passed in her sleep.  I knew the sleepiness was an indication that MW had little time left as her powers were waning and she would have to cross over soon.  But I agree with another user who countered that if MW had passed in her sleep I don't think CS would have acted so calmly to MaGo 3 when she came to pick up the scissors.  He'd probably be a bit of a wreck unless he didn't realize she had passed?   

12 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Also, I may be in the minority but I don't want a season 2 with KSH. I just feel greedy/selfish (?) about HDL that I just want the story to be about MW and CS, no one else. :heart: But that's just me. This is why I haven't commented on season 2 ever. :D

Ooh and another thing, in my previous post, I talked about IU looking more sincere in some scenes. YJG did a good job too and one thing I want to give him credit for is creating a character that would match MW. To be honest, I felt bad for CS due to MW's treatment. I personally dislike rudeness and it was a little painful at times seeing MW treat CS the way she did, although all along I know they're in love, but then it was good to see CS create a character that did not only endure this treatment but turn the tables around. We can see this when he kept on teasing MW and calling her on her bluff. I don't think this would have worked if another actor took on the role like Ji Soo (I came across an old article where he was being considered for the role of CS). So kudos to YJG for creating CS as his own character, and for knowing CS well enough to do this.

I have to agree although a brief moment I was like could it be they would have a season 2 with KSH?  But then I thought about it and I was like what story could they possibly show without re-hashing the same plot points.  HDL did it perfectly so there is no real need for a season 2.  Of course I will forgive if we get a Honey Moon with CS and MW going to room 404 cameo :wub: :lol: :sweatingbullets:

12 hours ago, lollyminx said:

YEAH! I will watch Hwayi too. :wub:

And same. I also want him in a non-rom com project (but still with IU hahahaha), and we're thinking of the same thing! I just thought seeing something like Vagabond with IU and YJG would be nice, or a slice of life, contemporary series. Anyway, with the attention he's getting because of CS, I think YJG will stay away from rom-com male lead character types for now. :D

I'm up for IU and YJG doing a normal contemporary series.  

10 hours ago, laura_waterhouse said:

From the script shown and how the scene went, it seemed that it was YJG who initiated the impromptu and that encouraged IU to say more. But in the end, CS had to let her go, not encourage her to stay. Who knows, maybe he said more but was cut as it wont be consistent with CS anymore. I really like how he seemed hesitant when MW asked him to promise to meet again. It was not an eager, yes, he took awhile (and that prompted that heartbreaking adlib from IU to coax that yes out of him), like he did not want to give her an empty promise. He had that red string assurance from MaGo and that past/future winter, but iy was CS being cautious til the end.

I like that part too from YJG that he acted out that hesitation.  It was a nice touch.  

9 hours ago, lollyminx said:

YES! Same! Like running a restaurant or bed and breakfast! :wub:

There should be spaces for online petitions over at the TVN website lol

@lollyminx, @Ellander88,  @Sorary, and @Meggie I like all of your variety show suggestions.

I've been watching Hyori's Bed and Breakfast season 2 and I keep thinking wouldn't it be cool to have a special episode where they go camping and they bring back the past employees IU, Yoona, and Park Bo Gum.  And they could add in YJG in as the special new employee for the brief season 3 :lol: 

By the way for any one who's seen season 1 (DM if you know a place I can still see season 1 with subs, cannot seem to find a place)

5 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Oh, probably didn't notice them since the camera focused on them and they're the ones seen together. Maybe they are far apart from the rest of the cast. Seeing them together on their vacation is perhaps the Season 2...ha ha... at least now we get to see them go on a date in the cruise (which we haven't really seen in the drama) and buying things in the night market :D.

ManChan couple on a date in Bangkok in season 2 :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

44 minutes ago, RiceGirl1212 said:

Instead of a straightforward vacation, they should have just filmed a vacation special, that would recoup the vacation costs haha

• LOL 3

6 hours ago, RiceGirl1212 said:

An entertainment news crew tried to arrange a fun meeting segment but the male lead he was busy filming another show and he sort of stood the actress up.

Ooooh who is this drama couple? Curious lol

I never thought to think that MW had passed in her sleep.

That never crossed my mind too and so I was amazed at the level of analysis over at bitchesoverdramas. They're insightful. 

By the way for any one who's seen season 1

Season 1 and 2 of Hyori's B&B, I watched this on Netflix.

5 hours ago, aria26 said:

Instead of a straightforward vacation, they should have just filmed a vacation special, that would recoup the vacation costs haha

HAHAHAHA yes. They're going to be followed around by fans anyway, just make it a vacation special then have the real vacation (unannounced to the public) after. :D

Photos at the cruise

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Ooooh who is this drama couple? Curious lol

I have a good friend who is Indian so I've watched a few Indian TV serials.  The actors I was referring to was from an Indian TV series. 

HAHAHAHA yes. They're going to be followed around by fans anyway, just make it a vacation special then have the real vacation (unannounced to the public) after. :D

Considering they will be there for 5 days and we haven't seen any pictures since that cruise dinner who knows what is happening :D :phew::P

• Naughty 2

I love the concept of the "reward vacation." It's so funny, and there is something so Korean about the whole thing.

In a way, I feel sort of bad for the actors, because it's like, work is over, but do they ever get a chance to truly relax? The whole thing feels like a publicity stunt. So I'm going to imagine that they're having an amazing time together. And Koreans really know how to party. :D "Work hard, play hard!"

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

36 minutes ago, RiceGirl1212 said:

Considering they will be there for 5 days and we haven't seen any pictures since that cruise dinner who knows what is happening :D :phew::P

I like where this is going. :naughty:

31 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

And Koreans really know how to party. :D "Work hard, play hard!"

One of the staff updated her IG stories in the past two days and I was amused cause they went to a street party where everyone was dancing and drinking. Two nights in a row. :D

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

I love the concept of the "reward vacation." It's so funny, and there is something so Korean about the whole thing.

In a way, I feel sort of bad for the actors, because it's like, work is over, but do they ever get a chance to truly relax? The whole thing feels like a publicity stunt. So I'm going to imagine that they're having an amazing time together. And Koreans really know how to party. :D "Work hard, play hard!"

I feel the same way.  They work incredibly hard on set. If it's really a reward vacation, the company should be protecting them from the press, not arranging more photo shoots in what seem like publicity stunts.  If it were me I'd forego the "reward" and go on my own vacation.  IU and YGJ in particular are amazingly good sports because surely they can afford their own vacations out of the spotlight.  These reward vacations seem more like the Asian company dinner which the employees seem almost obligated to go to, when most of them one suspects would rather be with their own friends and family.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2