[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

Another thought just crossed my mind.

We still haven't heard the last OST song being used.  Love Del Luna.  I am so going to punch someone if we get a sad ending and that song just suddenly starts to play in the background while a blooper bts reel is played and a message from the Hotel Del Luna filming cast and crew thanks us for watching.  That's just plain cruel! <_<  That song is literally the happiest song we have on the soundtrack other than the Red Velvet's See the Star.

My wish is in Episode 16 1. we get a cute montage of MW and CS being together, going on dates, doing cute stuff together, playing around with each other...maybe they go to the West side beaches and eat webfeet octopus with the Love Del Luna song playing the background.  2. we get our happy ending and Love Del Luna starts playing in the background.

• Love 4

I am so torn...a part of me wanting the clock to run faster because I can't wait to see the finale.. but the other part doesn't want HDL to end yet. I don't know.. MW's antics grew on me I guess. I feel like I am saying goodbye to a best friend who have shared with me her whole life's story, whom I've seen her long agony, her painful scarred heart, her deep resentment and then her astonishing effort to break her own facade and forgiving.. one who I followed on Instagram and been keeping in touch with all of her cheeky updates.. but also whom I always knew she have to depart first to afterlife..

It's like knowing someone close to us who is terminally ill (yeah, i know she wasn't terminally ill, im giving the analogy for the similar feeling not on the situation *explaining myself haha*), whom we knew his/her time is coming soon, and we have to say goodbye to that person. Most importantly, to spend the remaining time with upmost quality to be cherished by the one who will be left behind. :tears:

Anyway, see you all at the finale tonight! 

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

• Like 4
  • Love 6

Notes while watching EP 15:

• PO is a rookie actor but I like that his acting is improving. He's quirky and was able to portray HJ as uniquely his own. :wub:
  • Seeing as a ghost helped MW gamble, she could have a ghost help her rig the lottery now or something so there won't be a need for her to scam wealthy ghosts :lol:
  • It's nice to know it was CS who made MW into a foodie :lol::wub:
  • YJG face when he heard MW's voice in the past - you can tell he hasn't seen MW for so long and is startled/delighted when he heard her + YJG face when MW 200 years ago offered him the drink. You can tell he's conflicted. I'm just curious if YJG has shown this kind of acting before? 
  • Some are saying CS could have stayed in the past and helped MW but I think that couldn't have happened if MR and YS still haven't reincarnated then? 
  • Tae Sook could have just gone with HJ and his sister and stole some plain clothes 
  • Felt sad for YN who obviously doesn't want HDL to disappear. A new owner will come but HDL has been Yuna's real home so I feel for her
  • I'd welcome a scene where we find out the writer ghost is writing erotica and he'd ask Sun Bi to proofread and edit his work :joy:
  • When MW was wearing the short red dress and was half sitting on the table, I had dirty thoughts cause she looked sexy there and CS could have turned around and did something Rated R to her :wub: (on the desk)

ADORABLE/HILARIOUS MOMENTS

• MW being jealous of herself lol
  • MW comforting HJ under the tree, and HJ crying like a baby :wub:
  • MW telling HJ he should listen to his friend, even if the friend will just make EXCUSES = MW telling us all that CM gave her excuses but she decided to let him pass anyway :joy: 
  • MW knowing HJ likes YN and that he should talk to his old friend since YN is trying to do something good for him :heart:
  • Ghosts and Grim Reaper attending HJ's graduation like one big happy family
  • SH crying at HJ's graduation like she's one proud mom :tears:
  • Sanchez: "when else can I see a ghost team dinner" :joy:
  • MR AND YS being cringey couples with the love shot :D and Sanchez feeling left out as third wheel lololol
  • Of course the "I love yous" in the end, and MW's face as if she's unsure if CS will tell her "I love you" back. :wub: (Is it just me or did YJG really seem like he's about to crack up or smile while MW was saying, "Thank you, I love you." He had a lot of those moments in HDL, like he's just about to NG. Did you notice those too?)

By the way, what's the difference in the way CS and MW said I love you? What's the difference between saying "Saranghae" and "Saranghamnida (?)" 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, RiceGirl1212 said:

We still haven't heard the last OST song being used.  Love Del Luna.  I am so going to punch someone if we get a sad ending and that song just suddenly starts to play in the background

I agree with you. It so pointless if last ost is happy song but we get a sad ending

• Like 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

By the way, what's the difference in the way CS and MW said I love you? What's the difference between saying "Saranghae" and "Saranghamnida (?)" 

I think both words  have a same meaning

saranghae is like banmal/casual word compare to saranghamnida -> formal word

Why CS still use Formal Word to MW? Has he already eaten a whole bowl of rice cake?:sweatingbullets:

You can call her Manwolie :phew:

please guys i cant stand with this harvard man :crazy:

• LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

That's mean CS lost the age-counting contest with the rice cake soup to MW back then... Hahahahahahahaha :joy:

Because he still have to talk formal to her. Hahahahahah :joy:

CS can't beat the 200-year old foodie monster alive in MW :joy:

Btw, both have the same meaning. Just MW said it in Banmal, CS said it in formal way.

• LOL 4
  • Thanks 2

Ep. 15 was bittersweet 'cause it does feel everything is comin' to an end~

All the other 3 ghost past lives were covered pretty well but when it came to the bartender's, it was sort of eh LoL?! Man-Weol super cheeky when she begged Chan-Sung to carry her to the - bedroom:w00t: but of course he didn't:rolleyes: such a mood killer BoO<_<

That was real sweet how they held a diploma ceremony for Hyun-Joong.. Wonder if Sanchez's that he's afraid of losing Chan-Sung to the "other side" could be foreshadowing?? Love Sanchez btw my fave character! 

Just how many Ma Gos are there!?!? LoL when Chan-Sung told the previous Man-Weol to sell but keep 3 horses ha (sound familiar) & started her foodie obsession. 

Can't wait to watch Kim Soo-Hyun's appearance! At the same time I'm curious to see how this all ends~

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, lollyminx said:

This is the one thing that bugged me. I hate that she used banmal and he used the most formal way of Korean. It just made the confession seem too formal like the boss and employee hierarchy is still in play. I understand that she is way older but come on! That's not the way you talk to someone, you want to do unspeakable things to!

He should have just said "Saranghaeyo" it would have been way better. 

• Unamused 1
  • Love 3

Ok... just saw ep15 sub...

The only part im happy about

1. The happy hug, which CS wouldnt let go and everyone else had to hug together... so cute

2. The picture taking, like who took the picture when CS was in the frame?? Nvm... just happy to see the couple picture.

3. CS carrying MW...and ended up on the couch? Sigh.... CS ah CS... 

4. YuNa is too much isnt? She dare to steal Mago's wine? And why did Mago even let her steal it?

5. Sigh, confessions I Love You... and que, look at the moon? Not even a hug?? Like whyyyyyy....Sigh...

And if i hear people say, its ok, love doesnt need all those touchy touchy, kisses moments.... try it with your bf/gf next time and see how it feels... u might think your bf is not really interested in you.... hahhahaa... right???.... sorry, just saying... :)

Sigh... last episode tonight people... feels so sad... get the tissues ready! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

19 minutes ago, Meggie said:

I hate that she used banmal and he used the most formal way of Korean. It just made the confession seem too formal like the boss and employee hierarchy is still in play.

Same, which is why while I was watching it, I felt IU's "I love you" more than CS's, but I hope this is intentional and something will change in Episode 16. 

15 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

try it with your bf/gf next time and see how it feels... u might think your bf is not really interested in you.... hahhahaa...

:joy: I know what you mean by this. This is partly why I'm frustrated by the lack of physical romance because I know people who are as deeply in love as them wouldn't be as guarded as they are acting, especially CS.

The scene where MW asked CS to carry her, that's what a couple in love looks like. The throwing in the couch, not so much. :joy:

Hugging after saying I love you FOR THE FIRST TIME and having the man kiss the woman's forehead, that's what a couple in love looks like. Just staring at the moon after saying I love you, not so much. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

23 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Ok... just saw ep15 sub...

The only part im happy about

1. The happy hug, which CS wouldnt let go and everyone else had to hug together... so cute

2. The picture taking, like who took the picture when CS was in the frame?? Nvm... just happy to see the couple picture.

3. CS carrying MW...and ended up on the couch? Sigh.... CS ah CS... 

4. YuNa is too much isnt? She dare to steal Mago's wine? And why did Mago even let her steal it?

5. Sigh, confessions I Love You... and que, look at the moon? Not even a hug?? Sigh...

And if i hear people say, its ok, love doesnt need all those touchy touchy, kisses moments.... try it with your bf/gf next time and see how it feels... u might think your bf is not really interested in you.... hahhahaa... sorry, just saying...

Sigh... last episode tmr people... feels so sad... get the tissues ready! 

I find that the portrayal of CS character  is very true to how Korean guys act once they are in a stable and happy relationship. It's just feels like they skipped the honeymoon phase. 

But now I changed my mind there should have been some hugging after that confession or something.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2