[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

Seriously, what kind of angry deity is the 4th Mago? Why is she egging MW to die? She should know the issue of the past wasnt her fault, in a way (ok, they were theives) and no one supposed to be killed... but her whole gang was. 

Anyhow... no BTS of the episodes yet? Their eye bags are getting bigger and they are still shooting the drama as we speak.... sigh, be well everyone! :)

Ah yes the firefly... sigh, what to do... A test of endurance... he will leave once MW leaves... that we are sure of...

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I feel so bad now thinking that the captain betrayed her. Sighs, this drama has some really heart wrenching scenes. I remember back to the time I first saw a firefly in real life. I thought that moment was so magical. Because they were so beautiful. But now I can never see fireflies the same way :blink:. The captain and IU's arc is so sad.

The writers are really killing me with all this torture. I'm so scared for Jin Gu. I don't want to see the day when he has to send her off. I feel bad for IU too she's been through so much.

@nikki7 Thanks for that Instagram post. Awws, the words are so touching I really love his character in this drama.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Have watched the latest two episodes, and have to say — I fear the bad ending, unsatisfactory endings everyone is fearful of is looming overhead. I haven’t watched enough of Hong Sisters dramas (just this one and Korean Odyssey), but do they have a bad record of poor endings?

Eps 11 & 12 felt lacking in terms of plot development, particularly in the advancement of MW’s back story and what the significance of having YW finally appear in the present means. If MW had waited 1300 years before she finally encountered YW and the princess, is there no more significance to this than that those two are dating, albeit in a fiery and tumultuous relationship (experienced only through the phone call)? And what of the look YW gave MW when their eyes met in the previous episode? Nothing more to that? 

And I too am getting lost in this Mago-MW kerfuffle. The more I see of what is revealed in MW’s past, the more I fail to understand what great sin it is that has kept her locked to that tree for a millennium. If her sins were for her thieving ways, then what about other bandits? If it was for killing a bride on her wedding night out of spite, and being and all round vengeful spirit, then SJW is a far more treacherous soul. So it must be that Mago for some reason found something in MW worth redeeming. But why? What makes MW’s soul so different from the others we’ve seen so far? Is it only cos she was looking for the inn in the first place in order to make good the wrongs done to the entire tribe that died because of her folly? And what would that folly have been? To place her trust in the wrong person? I am confused.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

And I too am getting lost in this Mago-MW kerfuffle. The more I see of what is revealed in MW’s past, the more I fail to understand what great sin it is that has kept her locked to that tree for a millennium. If her sins were for her thieving ways, then what about other bandits? If it was for killing a bride on her wedding night out of spite, and being and all round vengeful spirit, then SJW is a far more treacherous soul. So it must be that Mago for some reason found something in MW worth redeeming. But why? What makes MW’s soul so different from the others we’ve seen so far? Is it only cos she was looking for the inn in the first place in order to make good the wrongs done to the entire tribe that died because of her folly? And what would that folly have been? To place her trust in the wrong person? I am confused.

My understanding is it wasn't exactly a sin that she was paying for, and Mago wasn't really forcing her to stay there for a thousand years. It was her refusing to let go of her self-pity and guilt and her grudges. In the first episode, Mago was basically saying there isn't really anything Man Wol could do about what already happened, but since she insisted, "Fine, if you really want to drown in self-pity, here's a place to do it. Knock yourself out." But she never snapped out of it for a thousand years and Mago thought it was taking too long, so she got Chansung to help Man Wol get over herself. :P

On another note, my thoughts after watching episode 12 subbed:

Spoiler

- Chansung was so ice cold when he was threatening annoying serial killer. He didn't even seem the least bit afraid or angry. Scary Chansung is scary. (Also breaking out a gun and cocking it in the middle of a bar without anyone else batting an eyelash...this is America?)

- They really used a dog bark sound to bleep out her cursing out Hyun Joong for his fake news about Chansung's death. Cute.

- Of course Man Wol would choose price as the criteria for which ointment to put on Chansung's face. And then immediately trying to wipe it off with her spit after learning it's hemorrhoid cream. :lol:

- Man Wol looking like a disgruntled cat when Chansung was trying to comfort her with a hug. So adorable. And giving him caviar and champagne for his recovery, and looking so torn about lending him her red car. (And Harvard scammer Chansung teasing poor Man Wol cat, asking for the red car.)

- I love the Man Wol x Chansung dynamic duo show when they're out on a case. Chansung really is a Harvard scammer, he only needs the barest briefing on the case and he'll play his role perfectly.

- The scene after Chansung had his first consult with the lifeline doctor...the audio was bad with a lot of background noise. :(

- Man Wol shading Grim Reaper's fashion choices, and the kid roasting her "fashion concept." Kid - 1, Man Wol - 0. :D

- Seems ominous that Chansung was examining his life line while remembering the doctor's words about giving up everything to hold on to his kid. I would not like an ending where Chansung gives up his life just to be with her in the afterlife when she dies. That's not a good message to put out to the public. -_-

- When did Chansung say in a past episode that he was afraid of paying the price if he stayed by her side? And why did he say that stuff about being a nuisance after she told him she'd be very afraid if he's not okay after she leaves? I'm lost.

• Like 15
  • Love 1

I feel really sorry for CM and feel so sad for MW when she knows the truth .For 1300 years, she holds the grudge on him without knowing anything T_T.  As being a guard, whatever he decided to do, he would have ended up being a betrayer anyway. Such a tragic fate, even both of them loved each other. 

I think CS will let CM's spirit take over his body and clear up all misunderstanding with her. Hope they get a proper closure. (Even I watched EP 12, I still hope CS=CM, poor me T_T) 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Eps 11 & 12 felt lacking in terms of plot development, particularly in the advancement of MW’s back story and what the significance of having YW finally appear in the present means.

ep 11 and 12 focused on the living? 11 is the pain for the living left by the dead one (driver, sanchez),  12 what the living will do to keep a loved one from dying (doctor, sanchez). Because the focus is on the living, we get plot development on CS side (backstory on his time in harvard and now, the danger on his life). YW now plays a part on CS side because he is also alive :)

i agree with @Ondine. For me, there is nothing more to resolve in the past (appearance of YW and MR), if MW and CM had decided to go to the afterlife, they would have all forgotten about each other by now, so what is there more to do? It is only MW (and CM) who are holding onto grudges, like the other ghosts in the hotel and those roaming with vengeance outside. I am understanding why MG4 is annoyed. MW got extra 1300 with her past life with the aide of MG1, she got special treatment nurturing her old anger. We should get a lesson from the other ghosts. Did the room 13 get special treatment? No, she was pulverized, but MW has superpowers and cars. MG1 had protected /fenced her too long. (It could also be that MG4 is annoyed in general with HDL, because ghosts should not stay too long in this earth after they die, but HDL provides a legitimate heaven sanctioned place to do that, like a loophole in the rules. I think MW is caught in a conflict of ideologies between MG1 and MG4)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

Now I believe he would have killed the princess and/or he knew that MW will be coming after him.

Quite tragic and I still feel he is punishing himself by not being reincarnated.

He must have known about the bond between MW and YW and had to make the decision to sacrifice one for the other.

SIGH.

• Like 5

This article apparently confirms that the "I'll eat your earrings" line was an adlib and IU's reaction was real:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/477/0000202404

Thanks to @Joseph Lim for this link: https://storyskpop.blogspot.com/2019/08/ius-ost-for-hotel-del-luna-reportedly.html

Netizen #5 wins the internet today:

(+41,-2) If you release a business album, it will help your hotel's profits.Then you can buy more car that you like. Why don't we release? ^________^

Dramabeans' episode 11 recap:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/08/hotel-del-luna-episode-11/

Also, if IU won't release the OST, can she just make a special duet performance of it with Jin Goo and upload it to Insta/Youtube? *wills it into existence*

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I just finished ep 12. Usually I would like to be logical, and look deeper into the story and their words. But for now just lemme indulge a little. I just wanna rant.

Quite frankly I'm getting a little tired of the "Guesssssss how CS is going to pay the price? Guessssssssss? I'm not going to tell - but it's going to be HEAVYYYYYY AND PRICEYYYYYYY!"

When MG was with GM at the tree saying that MW still has no idea what price CS has to pay, I flipped and said aloud "WHAT DID THE POOR FELLA DO IN HIS PAST LIFE? DID HE KILL ALOT OF TREES? DID HE STEP ON FLOWERS?DEFORESTATION? IS THIS WHY HE MUST KEEP A TREE ALIVE AND MAKE FLOWERS BLOOM THIS LIFE? WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE HIM A GARDENER THAT CANNOT GROW PLANTS INSTEAD?!"

Weird rant done.

My husband also suggested that the heaviest price to pay for CS is to spend eternity and be the new owner of HDL in exchange for MW to leave for the afterlife. 

I snapped and asked him to shut it.

Don't give the Hong Sisters any ideas anymore. 

At this point we have 4 eps left. 3 staff that have not had all their back stories revealed. (Maybe they never will.) A vengeful ghost enemy. A couple who may likely have a really really bad ending and have to play a nightmare version of "If the price is right". AND a Captain who has regained his honorable title as Captain Firefly (literally firefly right now) to settle. Good to know he has a redemption arc! 

I have no idea how Hong Sisters will end this thing. 

Please be in a good mood while writing the ending please. A satisfactory ending pleasssseeeeeeee.

You screwed BIG. Weird open ending. You also gave KO an open ending. Please at least give the viewers a satisfactory ending this time. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, kaxx said:

Quite frankly I'm getting a little tired of the "Guesssssss how CS is going to pay the price? Guessssssssss? I'm not going to tell - but it's going to be HEAVYYYYYY AND PRICEYYYYYYY!"

When MG was with GM at the tree saying that MW still has no idea what price CS has to pay, I flipped and said aloud "WHAT DID THE POOR FELLA DO IN HIS PAST LIFE? DID HE KILL ALOT OF TREES? DID HE STEP ON FLOWERS?DEFORESTATION? IS THIS WHY HE MUST KEEP A TREE ALIVE AND MAKE FLOWERS BLOOM THIS LIFE? WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE HIM A GARDENER THAT CANNOT GROW PLANTS INSTEAD?!"

Right?! I agree with you. I understand that gods in kdrama "must" be cruel or something so there's plot, but making characters unnecessarily suffer when they've already been through enough is a little... I mean, just like what you said. What did CS do? Love MW? His mother didn't want him and left them, his father was a little reckless when he was younger, then he died, and now he's all alone, and then when he falls in love, he has to pay the price? <_<

• Like 9

1 minute ago, kaxx said:

My husband also suggested that the heaviest price to pay for CS is to spend eternity and be the new owner of HDL in exchange for MW to leave for the afterlife. 

This makes sense tho BUT THEY REALLY BETTER NOT DO IT JUST DON'T NO WAY! Imagine CS getting stucked in time and not being able to die there's no way MW will be able to move to the afterlife with that lol. One thing that I had in mind that I don't really want to happen is CS dying before MW idk I'm afraid Hong Sisters might put "you thought you already knew what will happen ha just wait!" plot device. Imma stop watching dramas for a while if they do that..

• Like 6

I am gonna have to go back and read the previous pages but just finished 12 and oh it is def. the best episode to date. Everything was spot-on and great progression and scenes of OTP. Everything was well balanced this episode and finally I see the pay off of cramming so many stories into an episode. So many feelings and emotions: I laughed, boo’ed at the screen when that psycho became a vengeful spirit (but love the commentary about toxic online abuse) and then getting really sad for our OTP lol. Also the dots connected and thank heavens that CS isn’t reincarnation of CM!!!! Sorry CM fans. I hope he will get his redemption and reconciliation scene with MW soon too. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1