[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Yeah ,  she don’t need money ;) nearly got fooled :D

I'm disappointed she didn't add, "I had a limousine pick me up, drive me around, and take me home." Cut to her entering the grim reaper's car lol

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • LOL 11

21 hours ago, brielover said:

This would also explain the "del" - I actually don't buy that the Hong Sisters made a mistake in the translation.  I've seen some horrendous translated titles mind you (Fights Breaks Sphere?) so it isn't outside possibility, but this is not some novice translator for Viki getting their articles wrong, this was the name the sisters gave it I believe?  I think they're playing with masculine del and feminine Luna to reflect the hotel itself.  Maybe lol.

That's my thought as well... I think it was done purposely. I just can't believe that they will still go on with the "wrong" title when so many people have pointed out the grammar mistake even before the drama started airing.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I haven't had time to back read (16 pages) on the thread, and only managed to catch up till ep.8 just now....

Gosh, the second half of ep.8 got me crying rivers... :bawling::bawling::bawling: What unfortunate events MW had to endure... no wonder the hate in her heart...

And I thought the standard formula is to have a kiss at ep.8, yet we get a noble idiocy pulled by the FL??

I'm a bit restless re the romance.   I feel like something more needed to happen to convince us a romance exists in GSC's eyes, before splitting the two up.  Yes he says he'll never leave her, but all the managers to date likely said the same thing.  I'd like to see him get jealous or show feelings that go beyond a sister/friend bond.  Some kind of self-realization as we've gotten from MW.  Splitting them up without that hinders the rom of this rom com.

• Like 8

Here is just my fun take on the name Hotel Del Luna:lol:

I think the name Hotel Del Luna reflects the owners way of defiance! After all she named it! Mago Shin said it's gone through so many name changes yadda yadda yadda something! Jung Manweol want's someone to come and tell her the spelling is wrong! She's been waiting for a long time!

Maybe Sanchez should tell her to correct the name!:lol: and she will be like I will kill you Sanchez!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

Did anyone notice the captain had a sword when he came into the bridal room. Me thinks he was coming to kill the princess himself. I think he had agreed to marry the princess in order for her to let the gang go but she still killed them at the end he must have thought to kill her so that no one would go after man wol but man wol had already done it. She must have killed the captain and then figured out the truth somehow which is why she carries so much guilt that both her friend and her love were dead because of her. She mentioned both of them when she was carrying that coffin around to send them both to heaven which why she was looking for the inn. Why would she take them both if the captin had been bad. I still think the captin was trying to save them. his face while looking at her while she was in the prison was not the face of a man gloating his victory. it was that of a man seeing the woman he loves there and not being able to do anything. He was pushing her to hate him and goading her into not giving up and staying alive. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Cayu18 said:

Did anyone notice the captain had a sword when he came into the bridal room. Me thinks he was coming to kill the princess himself. I think he had agreed to marry the princess in order for her to let the gang go but she still killed them at the end he must have thought to kill her so that no one would go after man wol but man wol had already done it. She must have killed the captain and then figured out the truth somehow which is why she carries so much guilt that both her friend and her love were dead because of her. She mentioned both of them when she was carrying that coffin around to send them both to heaven which why she was looking for the inn. Why would she take them both if the captin had been bad. I still think the captin was trying to save them. his face while looking at her while she was in the prison was not the face of a man gloating his victory. it was that of a man seeing the woman he loves there and not being able to do anything. He was pushing her to hate him and goading her into not giving up and staying alive. 

Did she mention both of them?  I will have to rewatch cause I don't remember her mentioning either of them!

I just read that TvN has a write-up on the history: Korea once was Three Kingdoms, Silla, Baekje, and Gogoryeo.  Silla allied with the Tang Dynasty of China to take out Gogoryeo.  The story takes place shortly afterwards.

The princess is a princess of Silla.

The captain is the son of a Gogoryeo nobleman who betrayed Gogoryeo to the Tang, which is why the captain still has a respectable position, etc.

Man Weol and Yeon Woo are not just bandits; they are dispossessed Gogoryeo citizens so when the Captain asks her about whether she'll join the rebellion, this is what he meant: Gogoryeo people trying to rebel against Silla and reclaim their land and country.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

Here is just my fun take on the name Hotel Del Luna:lol:

I think the name Hotel Del Luna reflects the owners way of defiance! After all she named it! Mago Shin said it's gone through so many name changes yadda yadda yadda something! Jung Manweol want's someone to come and tell her the spelling is wrong! She's been waiting for a long time!

Maybe Sanchez should tell her to correct the name!:lol: and she will be like I will kill you Sanchez!!!

So funny.  And good point - c'mon Sanchez, with a name like that you should have corrected the del a long time ago!

I'm still trying to figure out the del.  My supposition above is my third.  My first guess was that since this script was the original idea for Master's Sun, the hotel was originally supposed to be called Hotel del Sol, in which case del was correct, but when they changed it to moon after a rewrite, they switched to Luna without changing masculine del to feminine de la.  

What's the scoop on Sanchez anyway?  Why does he have a Spanish name?  Why is he the opposite to a chaebol heir personality?  Who is Veronica?  Is that a nod to Veronica Park or someone else?  I like the actor and the character, hope we get a story for him.

• Like 9

I watched the first episode again where she is introduced to the resting place of the dead and a persons shadow comes from behind her but when she turns around it's a tree and she punches the tree with the sword, inscribed  with Full Moon . She has a recollection of the past and the two faces she sees are ChungMyung and Yeonwoo!! ChungMyung when they first laid eyes on each other when they fell. Yeonwoo running to her with drinking beer bottle in hand! Mago sends the coffin with its contents to an easy resting place and fireflies appear!

So now Koo Changseong needs to dream from the point of view of  Captain ChungMyung and Yeonwoo to get the full picture , I believe.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, angelbeast90 said:

I watched the first episode again where she is introduced to the resting place of the dead and a persons shadow comes from behind her but when she turns around it's a tree and she punches the tree with the sword, inscribed  with Full Moon . She has a recollection of the past and the two faces she sees are ChungMyung and Yeonwoo!! ChungMyung when they first laid eyes on each other when they fell. Yeonwoo running to her with drinking beer bottle in hand! Mago sends the coffin with its contents to an easy resting place and fireflies appear!

So now Koo Changseong needs to dream from the point of view of  Captain ChungMyung and Yeonwoo to get the full picture , I believe.

I for sure should watch that scene again!  I love that we're interpreting the symbolism and 'visions'/images, I find that so interesting, but we still are not much closer to untangling the two men, which I also like cause it keeps me guessing.  Just hope the answer is satisfying.

• Like 4

Captain told MW he would pay for the bottle.

Yep, and for the bottle and everything else, he paid

the highest price.

I like how MW  went to kill him without a word, only the 

sword was heard.

These two, whenever they are on screen, it looks like

sparks are flying all over the moon. :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I read somewhere in twitter that what if CM will appear in the present after MW and CS already started their relationship?? That would be an ultimate love triangle.... :sweatingbullets:

I really don't think CM enter the room to kill the princess.. I pretty sure he knew MW will be there based on how he react seeing her.. The likely scenario is he kill himself to redeem what he did to MW gang member and YW cause he did't even pull his sword out when MW charged toward him.. He knew that no matter what he said she will never understand his reason cause i think MW will never trade her life for YW life.. CM is someone that she falling in love but YW is her family.. Thats why she still choose YW at the end.. The betrayal from CM resulted YW death and MW punishment for a 1000 year.. Its all an ill fated relationship at the end.. Its really sad thinking how happy MW and CM are but in the past love rarely conquer all.. :tears:

About the kiss scene i pretty sure that's why we get the room 13 kiss scene to actually console us as a viewer to wait for a couple more episode for a real kiss.. :D

• Like 4
  • Love 1

A Difference a few minutes can make.....

If their leaving the place was not delayed, if only they left immediately Yeon Woo, her and the group would not have been captured.
But she wanted to meet up with CM for one last time... and had to go to their meeting place.  When the man she's supposed to meet was actually there doing ambush on Yeon Woo.

So in MW's mind and heart that guilt lingers.

:(

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Captain told MW he would pay for the bottle.

Yep, and for the bottle and everything else, he paid

the highest price.

I like how MW  went to kill him without a word, only the 

sword was heard.

These two, whenever they are on screen, it looks like

sparks are flying all over the moon. :)

Can't denied how enchanting their Chemistry, in fact Man Wol the one who's always pushed him away, whenever with him she act cold, cynical even till last scene we never see her call that man name or even smiling, what we see is how she enthusiasts and how sweet she is whenever  talk with YW.

IMG-20190727-162857.jpg

IMG-20190726-222857.jpg

There's many of their

relationship not revealed yet. And i have faith on him there's big sacrifice within the Captain decision to punished some of MW gangs member and freed MW with the rest gangs.

What's come in my mind is When CS is not his reincarnation He will appear again as Doctor like Mira, or police or volunteers something who has profession involved in humanity or of course when he is the evils spirits we might never met him again in the story . since That's  how rules of reincarnation work does it?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

There's many of their

relationship not revealed yet. And i have faith on him there's big sacrifice within the Captain decision to punished some of MW gangs member and freed MW with the rest gangs.

What's come in my mind is When CS is not his reincarnation He will appear again as Doctor like Mira, or police or volunteers something who has profession involved in humanity or of course when he is the evils spirits we might never met him again in the story . since That's  how rules of reincarnation work does it?

I keep wondering if CM is a ghost! I'm pretty positive Yeon Woo is a ghost, unable to move on until MW moves on, manifesting as hotel and tree.  She's his unfinished business cause he made those promises to her.  Sometimes I wonder if he doesn't possess the managers to persuade them to stay.  When CS tells MW he'll stay with her at the Hotel forever, I wonder if Yeon Woo is possessing him!  Or whispering to him.  If CM is a ghost, he too had unfinished business - I wonder if it is to reveal the truth about that night?  I mean CM died one way or another and became either a reincarnating spirit or a ghost.  He's going to show up as an independent reincarnation, or reincarnated in CS, or a ghost.  Not outside the realm of possibility anyway that he's a ghost!

• Like 4

How tragic would it be if actually the past story ended last episode?? I mean what if the second half of this drama will solely focus on CS and MW relationship unless the twist is that CM will be back.. Also YW that i think reborn as someone with a good heart cause the sacrifice that he made for MW...... That will be epic story if all MW past will be back cause CS opening the path.. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1