[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

Spoiler

Many posts still discussing about the past:joy:

Seems most viewers appealing with posibility twist even after decided who's actually the bad guys?( the writers should writing the completed version  of the Young JMW)

(The past plot remind me to Queen Soen dok,  Soendok, kim Hyusin and Bidam there's love, friendship, jealous,  miss understanding and betrayed .great saeguk drama and yes Lee so hwa remind to Mishil too)

Spoiler

FYI  this  beautiful OST sing by IU

5 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i can’t unsee what i’ve seen ever since the episode he got so scared by the ghost bride that he peed into his qing vase, and later polished and took a sniff.. that is simply hilarious :joy:

Talk about Sanchez i like the ways  CS called  his buddy when he found MW trapped him with the red spells pocket 

Sancheziii:P..he shout her concerns  out of fears.

.Sanchezii..lol

:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Chansung truly did care about manwol tbh.. I just speechless with the way chansung show his trust toward manwol.. No matter what he knew deep down manwol will save him even when she being unreasonable person.. But the fact that even after manwol push mira into the sea he still wondering if manwol is fine and worrying about her really show how manwol meant for him.. Even if this pairing lack skinship or lack confession we can see how much they care about each other.. I just love their build up romance and how honest they are with each other.. 

Chansung just straightforward telling manwol mira live with him even if he knew she dislike mira.. Also manwol just telling him how she push mira and what she did to lessen her grudge.. I think this couple have the most functional relationship even before they officially a couple.. :D

P.s i really think MW waiting for YW.. To finally forgive herself she need to let go of the guilt that bind her.. Thats why i think manwol said YW is the one that love her the most.. In the end no matter what captain do to protect manwol he still have a say in killing YW.. Their relationship is doom from the start..

• Like 15

6 hours ago, Lily92 said:

Chansung truly did care about manwol tbh.. I just speechless with the way chansung show his trust toward manwol.. No matter what he knew deep down manwol will save him even when she being unreasonable person.. But the fact that even after manwol push mira into the sea he still wondering if manwol is fine and worrying about her really show how manwol meant for him.. Even if this pairing lack skinship or lack confession we can see how much they care about each other.. I just love their build up romance and how honest they are with each other.. 

Chansung just straightforward telling manwol mira live with him even if he knew she dislike mira.. Also manwol just telling him how she push mira and what she did to lessen her grudge.. I think this couple have the most functional relationship even before they officially a couple.. :D

P.s i really think MW waiting for YW.. To finally forgive herself she need to let go of the guilt that bind her.. Thats why i think manwol said YW is the one that love her the most.. In the end no matter what captain do to protect manwol he still have a say in killing YW.. Their relationship is doom from the start..

I called it a few weeks ago, likely with others, when I said MW was the tree and the tree was the house/hotel.  But I also believe it was Yeon Woo's love and promise that kept MW from becoming a vengeful ghost, that he is part of the hotel and tree too, based on his conversation where he says he'll build her a house from the tree, and also that he'll give her the remaining years of his 100 year life.  CS is the 99th manager so if you count Yeon Woo as 0, that's 100 lifetimes, not years, (and CS was the 0 choice, tying him to Yeon Woo).  The hotel is a prison and a fence - to jail her but also protect her - and will remain so until the geas or an equivalent is removed.  Yeon Woo can't move on either if that's the case and is possibly connected to Room 404. The '0' original, surrounded by 4 symbolic of death? Dunno, but I said in reply to one of growing beautifully's essays that the leaves falling from the tree were indicative of MW's heart softening but might also be YW's benediction.  Possibly.  He loved her, and loved her enough to let her be free to follow her heart last time, even though his hand gesture showed he wanted to call her back. It could be his love was so strong Ma Go was persuaded to grant his wish to protect MW, but that protection is also a prison, just standing still for 1000 years..So Ma Go sent CS to open the path.

A train of thought.

This would also explain the "del" - I actually don't buy that the Hong Sisters made a mistake in the translation.  I've seen some horrendous translated titles mind you (Fights Breaks Sphere?) so it isn't outside possibility, but this is not some novice translator for Viki getting their articles wrong, this was the name the sisters gave it I believe?  I think they're playing with masculine del and feminine Luna to reflect the hotel itself.  Maybe lol.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 10

Medusa....?:sweat:

Nope..Mam

She is the wicked scary Man wol spells her curse...

Hsssss:skull:

IMG-20190807-062259.jpg

Everyone..be safe.:ph34r:

Either wise she will curse you be..a pig...chicken..or..firefly :sweatingbullets:

IMG-20190806-172637.jpg

Jian the best expression eyes is when she give a brief look  in disdain glance sharply judges you "who's you think you're "

In another levels Man Wol manipulated eyes between cynical, vengeful and disdain is shivering :unamused:

And how she switched from fake laughed to poker face..

Ouch....

Jieuni  effective acting wise is depth.

Have nice morning soompier

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Why do you guys think MW left the hotel? The workers say that she has tried to run away a few times but failed. I wonder what she is running away from? She tried so hard to find the hotel so she wouldn’t run from it would she? I initially thought she is running from the Magos but then she up and left CS. So is she running from love? :huh: what do you guys think?

@brielover i like the theory that it was YW’s love for MW that kept her from becoming a full blown vengeful ghost. However it was also mentioned that Mago was the one who stopped her from being one too. But the tree is indeed MW because it sucked in her sword which is literally herself. YW represents the tree and i found it interesting that it would be mentioned that he will give up his life years for her. 

*man, it is too hard to reply on phone* lol!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

8 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Why do you guys think MW left the hotel? The workers say that she has tried to run away a few times but failed. I wonder what she is running away from? She tried so hard to find the hotel so she wouldn’t run from it would she? I initially thought she is running from the Magos but then she up and left CS. So is she running from love? :huh: what do you guys think?

I think the reason manwol left chansung mainly because how twisted their fate is.. For her chansung is someone that bring back the pain and suffering that she felt about a 1000 year through mira and also how literally because of chansung she need to let mira go.. Also the fact that chansung get hurt just because he want to protect manwol from becaming revengeful spirit hurt her.. I really love the way writer wrote the scene where chansung embrace the little girl.. He really embracing all manwol anger , hatred and grudge that she make through little mira.. In a way manwol care about chansung enough to stop him being around her cause all she have is grief and its not worth chansung life working for her.. I don't think she or chansung realize how much they love each other yet so can't wait for the angst to began.. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@brielover i like the theory that it was YW’s love for MW that kept her from becoming a full blown vengeful ghost. However it was also mentioned that Mago was the one who stopped her from being one too. But the tree is indeed MW because it sucked in her sword which is literally herself. YW represents the tree and i found it interesting that it would be mentioned that he will give up his life years for her. 

*man, it is too hard to reply on phone* lol!

Yes, it was MaGo, but I've been trying to figure out what makes MW unique so Ma go did what she did, and came to the conclusion it might be Yeon Woo's love not MW that was unique.  A 'sacrificial' (Diana myth), pure, undying, strong, unrequited, selfless, out of the ordinary love - persuaded Ma Go to fulfill Yeon Woo's promise to MW of a house from a tree and extended life, and prevention from becoming a vengeful ghost.

She didn't run from the hotel, it is with her, all the rooms, ghosts and employees and the tree.  She ran because CS is both her liberator and her poisoner.  Her emotions for him are causing her to live again and perhaps move forward from her prison.  However, she will also have to suffer 'wind and rain' if she goes that route and she's scared stiff that means facing her painful past and CM.  She also doesn't believe she will succeed - she thinks she will be disintegrated.  She could just keep CS with her at the hotel, no move forward, but as she says that just means a torture for two prisoners.  She loves him too much for that.

So better to move now so CS is not tortured as a prisoner of her/hotel, or she herself is obliterated with no chance of reincarnation.  Status quo.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Oh God...my man:wub:

(I meant Young MW loverB))

Spoiler

His stellar performance as firefly Captain bless him faster then i tough should be:wub:

Aja..aja..fighting my Captain 

We still not sure what's behind these scenes...

IMG-20190806-110226.jpg

IMG-20190806-110246.jpg

What's i felt  behind these scenes actually has a great heroes  sacrifice.

Remember He is from goryeo clan  and that's time theirs  clans surpassed by another, what's if he/the Captain is the leader of the goryeo rebellions 

He should decided to oppress the rebbillon movement but to divert the powerful clan he make decisions to chase MW gangs members.

He said "thank you because of you i could buy a time'(it's means he could save a hundreds goryeo commoners )

so who do you think could cause MW a big sin and cursed thousands years.

Yon wo MW man who's dead because he is a thief?

Or

The Captain who's save hundreds commoners and rebellions member of his and MW clans?

We really just could writing our opinion  the one's  knew how to playing the cards is writers but at least we have  little respect to not spreads hate upon a certain character can we?

It's  just my 2cents  because many of Soompier here accused him as low lowest  humans :sweat_smile:

Nice readings all the theory and judgments over the Captain performance.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

23 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Omo!! Chingu!!! You are here too! It’s been so long since we have chatted. *hugs* Are you watching this drama too? 

Annyeong chingu dear :wub:

Yes I'm finally a bit active in Soompi due to Hotel Del Luna. Just found a video on the 2 main and 2 support....

Hope it's ok to share.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, brielover said:

I called it a few weeks ago, likely with others, when I said MW was the tree and the tree was the house/hotel.  But I also believe it was Yeon Woo's love and promise that kept MW from becoming a vengeful ghost, that he is part of the hotel and tree too, based on his conversation where he says he'll build her a house from the tree, and also that he'll give her the remaining years of his 100 year life.  CS is the 99th manager so if you count Yeon Woo as 0, that's 100 lifetimes, not years, (and CS was the 0 choice, tying him to Yeon Woo).  The hotel is a prison and a fence - to jail her but also protect her - and will remain so until the geas or an equivalent is removed.  Yeon Woo can't move on either if that's the case and is possibly connected to Room 404. The '0' original, surrounded by 4 symbolic of death? Dunno, but I said in reply to one of growing beautifully's essays that the leaves falling from the tree were indicative of MW's heart softening but might also be YW's benediction.  Possibly.  He loved her, and loved her enough to let her be free to follow her heart last time, even though his hand gesture showed he wanted to call her back. It could be his love was so strong Ma Go was persuaded to grant his wish to protect MW, but that protection is also a prison, just standing still for 1000 years..So Ma Go sent CS to open the path.

OMG you expressed it really well and although we still don't know who is who, I'd really like for YW to be the person MW has to wait for. I also like how you said YW is protecting her with the tree, that then creates the prison or fence for MW. It matches what MW said about YW being the only person who loved her the most, and I think that's beautiful because even though CM fell in love with her, his greed (capturing MW and her people because he's mad she turned her down and just for her to stay) isn't really genuine love. 

Thank you for posting this. It's really comforting to know YW plays an important role in MW's life because I like his bright energy, he even smiled at her before he was hanged and that was comforting but sad at the same time. 

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

:joy::joy: even imaginative soul senses it 

I like Jin Joo as an actress haha but boy was I super annoyed with the way she spoke her. :D

2 hours ago, Yana Mujay said:

Hide contents

His stellar performance as firefly Captain bless him faster then i tough should be:wub:

OOOOOH MY GOOOOOD seriously? As someone who saw him in Still Seventeen and how small and pabo-ish his character was, I'm really happy for him. His career is progressing fast from that to CM in Hotel Del Luna and then as a lead in a project by Goblin director.  This is really interesting and shows he has a lot to offer than his character in Still Seventeen, like acting-range wise. I'll be looking forward to this. Although I didn't like what CM did to MW, his acting made CM likable, like I could understand him somewhat - his greed with love.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Yana Mujay said:

NICE! Looking forward to his acting in other dramas. Glad he got more roles to play.

9 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

She say her apologise  :joy:  Send her flying to his chest :lol: 

This ghost was just helping them out to realize that they are falling for each other. Lol. :D:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

46 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

OMG Yeo Jin Goo just replied to an instagram post at @fullmoon.long Can anyone translate it? He replied to his photo with Jin Joo lol

EDIT: Jin Goo also replied to his photo with sajangnim MW lol 

IUTeamStarCandy on Twitter translated Man Wol's recent IG posts and Chansung's comments. :) There's a pizzaprince_sanchez account who replied to the first photo in the series; I don't know if it's part of production or a fan account, but he said "Are you okay Man Wol? Chansung is really angry." :D

Episodes 7 and 8 behind the scenes video on Naver: https://tv.naver.com/v/9422122

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Ondine said:

IUTeamStarCandy on Twitter translated Man Wol's recent IG posts and Chansung's comments. :) There's a pizzaprince_sanchez account who replied to the first photo in the series; I don't know if it's part of production or a fan account, but he said "Are you okay Man Wol? Chansung is really angry." :D

Episodes 7 and 8 behind the scenes video on Naver: https://tv.naver.com/v/9422122

OMG thanks!!! The captions are really funny and I love that Yeo Jin Goo is playing along. Also, I hope it's really IU updating @fullmoon.long and writing all the captions. It'd be like icing on the cake. I've also been waiting for the BTS since Saturday. Thanks for posting that too.

After visiting the Twitter account you sent, I got really curious about David Lee's role. Sooo excited

• Like 8