[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

Awww! CS looks so sad without his MW and HDL! 

I think it is a good thing we got this much about MW’s past. I think the second half of this drama will also focus on that “revenge friend” from CS. We also need to see a story from CS. And see how MW will be the one to protect CS from this vengeful ghost. This is how their love will continue to grow.

i also think CS is not a reincarnation. Mago stated that MR is just simply passing by. MW then ask if that is why she sent CS to her..because he was MR’s ex. Hence, Mago most likely sent CS to MW as himself and not as a reincarnation. 

• Like 4

Was sharing this opinion on another site (likely unpopular opinion of mine) but thought I'd share here: 

Given the fact that in the past royalty and noble/ministers’ families marry each other to gain strength, forces and riches, I wouldn’t be surprised at this point that Cap is of a certain noble status and was due to marry Princess to secure a hold for “peace” and new titles.

But MW appearance gave him the chance to round up bandits (gain credit), help kill Princess (no longer have to be ‘behind her skirt’) as he is now formally married (and then widowed) with the proper title to take over officially. If he gets to kill MW, combo points for killing his wife’s killer.

It probably did cross his mind to be with MW. But MW refused his request. Perhaps he does feel a little scorned. Sad to have to kill them all but still, a little scorned that he was rejected.

If the above is true then Cap is quite a meaty role for a past love.

I hope he is not as vicious as I assume and there are some redeeming points to Cap.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Picocorange said:

Hi all! Been lurking around and finally decided to post mynown thought about the drama. Been hooked up since the 1st ep. Love love love IU!

I just finished watching the english sub and had this lingering feeling that the General isn't actually a bad person; he looks like he truly love MW. Flashbacks to all his facial expressions that being showed, and his saying 'you have to be alive to kill me' is just a saying for her to keep on living! Idk why but i think its his way to keep her safe. Maybe he knew the gov will captured her gang, and its the only way to safe her. By pretending.

and looking at him when he entered the bride's room, he already bought his own sword! Looks like he knew MW will come at him. Maybe he'll kill himself? And the the coffin that MW bring all the way in the 1st ep is his coffin?! Aaaa cant wait for sat and sun to come! 

Same with me.. Been lurking around and finally decided to post in here.

17 hours ago, Lily92 said:

I personally hate the honorable break up in kdrama cause usually its does't make any sense but i think i understand why chansung might want to break up(even if they are not officially a couple yet).. His reaction when he found out a flower is blooming is really sad cause he knew her time to go is near.. And now that he fully grasp that he love her i don't think he have what it take to send manwol to other side.. Its just too cruel to do that.. Also in preview both of them are crying.. I just can't with them... :tears:

Agree with you, I think CS finally realize that he lover her and he want to make MW at least can stay more longer in the world. I read in IG the translate of Ep 9 preview CS Said something like "she is really a bad girl, (forget the second line), but I love her", So I think he sacrifice himself can't see the ghosts again is to protect MW..

Maybe the couple of next episode will be very sad scene but really hope this drama will have happy ending!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

I think Sanchez is just....Sanchez.

i can’t unsee what i’ve seen ever since the episode he got so scared by the ghost bride that he peed into his qing vase, and later polished and took a sniff.. that is simply hilarious :joy:

• Like 5

Through all that 1,000 years and all that ghosts and spirits she has encountered....

I would really wish for MW to see and talk to Yeon Woo for one last time.....  :(

48470789017_a6325699b6_z.jpg

Maybe if she get to say the guilt that is burdening her, to say goodbye to her dearest friend,  then that can help alleviate the pain and anger she had been suffering all these many, many years.

• Like 9
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, kaxx said:

Was sharing this opinion on another site (likely unpopular opinion of mine) but thought I'd share here: 

Given the fact that in the past royalty and noble/ministers’ families marry each other to gain strength, forces and riches, I wouldn’t be surprised at this point that Cap is of a certain noble status and was due to marry Princess to secure a hold for “peace” and new titles.

But MW appearance gave him the chance to round up bandits (gain credit), help kill Princess (no longer have to be ‘behind her skirt’) as he is now formally married (and then widowed) with the proper title to take over officially. If he gets to kill MW, combo points for killing his wife’s killer.

It probably did cross his mind to be with MW. But MW refused his request. Perhaps he does feel a little scorned. Sad to have to kill them all but still, a little scorned that he was rejected.

I hope he is not as vicious as I assume and there are some redeeming points to Cap.

Your scenario is certainly the one I think Man Weol believed, and it might be true.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, brielover said:

Your scenario is certainly the one I think Man Weol believed, and it might be true.  

I wish there would be a slight twist - maybe he was not as bad as I think. But it's pretty hard to say at this point. We will have to wait for the upcoming eps.... saturday feels so far

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kaxx said:

Yes i guess his ego was somehow trampled on when MW said she is leaving, and that she had chosen to be with her group (with Yeon Woo),  cause before that he seemed to be tolerant of Yeon Woo even saving him one time from being captured and brought him back to MW.  But it seems he hated it that even after all that he has done MW's loyalty is still with Yeon Woo.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I think Sanchez is just....Sanchez.

7ZC0DC.png
1uiEIN.png
DZp9ao.png
ryq489.png

Now that you reminded me of this scene, I am suddenly very suspicious of Sanchez hehe

They wont go this route but possible twist would be he is the Captain, but after many reincarnations, he ha already lost his "captainess" and Man Wol cant recognize him anymore, which would be a strong lesson on letting go for Man Wol

Or, he can be the friend that Chan Seung kills later on. ;P

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kaxx said:

this was what I believed in early on, but with the betrayal being revealed too early on, there could be another twist to this hehe

• Like 2

3 hours ago, berny2 said:

Through all that 1,000 years and all that ghosts and spirits she has encountered....

I would really wish for MW to see and talk to Yeon Woo for one last time.....  :(

Maybe if she get to say the guilt that is burdening her, to say goodbye to her dearest friend,  then that can help alleviate the pain and anger she had been suffering all these many, many years.

And that is why for some reason my gut tells me MW is waiting to meet Yeon Woo again. If I were MW, between the two guys, I'd choose to meet YW. She witnessed YW's great love for her through his death. Perhaps asking YW for forgiveness is the same as her forgiving herself, not being able to save him was probably her biggest regret even to this day...there's that great sadness in her eyes when she was reminded of YW. Not because she loved him romantically but because of his undying love for her. YW is just like this second male lead vibe I usually root for, the convo he and MW had under the tree hurts me more than ever. 

MW: I don't even expect to live until I'm old.

YW: But you can. The fortune teller said that I'll live a long life just like this tree. I'm expected to live 100 years so I'll give you my extra years. 

MW: If you do, you'll die.

YW: You're right. It's okay though. I don't mind dying for you, so you can have it all.

And it did come true, only it wasn't just 100 years but became 1,000 years. Now, I haven't watched ep 8, (and I can't wait to go back and watch it!^^) so my opinion may change but reading all you chingus's thoughts and spoilers made me think so. At least meeting YW again would be a closure of her unending grudge she has of the past, and then finally move on with CS.

And so looks like CS is leaving HDL as a manager since he knew MW will be the last one he'll send off. So to prevent that from happening, he'd rather quit the job to not be able to do so, huh. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@lightbringer06

Yeah I agree, though it might not be elaborated in the story, I am also curious on the back-story of MW and Yeon Woo.  

If they grew up together?  what bonded them together ?  They way they have each other's back...Yeon Woo adores her, and will do everything for her as he even said he could offer his life, just for her to live a long life.

• Like 4

after having watched ep7, i think every deep grievance (if any) in HDL guests could be felt by CS after that ghost punch..  and i’m hoping that eventually CS will keep feeling the pain and it gets worse cos of the rising grief inside MW.. so torturous that MW would soften and learn to let go of her grievances for the sake of saving CS who is dying from it.. :( this is like, how Korean Odyssey worked haha

• Like 4