[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

26 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

I thought the princess was ready to kill Manweol at all costs but why did she let her go so easily. One shot she had Manweol captured and then next we have Manweol in the princess chambers with a sword. I think I need to watch with subs but that scene cut was so rapid!!!

Who said she let MW go? For all we know CM could secretly help her escape or something like that. That part of the story is yet to be revealed;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, juju84 said:

Who said she let MW go? For all we know CM could secretly help her escape or something like that. That part of the story is yet to be revealed;)

I think the princess said "I shouldn't have let you go" before MW kill her. I still believe CM is doing it to protect MW, another week to go...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Wait so is MW's sin...

Hide contents

falling in love, which got everyone killed? 

I think Mago said in the very first episode what it was *Arrogant and silly,  mired in self-pity*.

To be honest it wasn't Mago who imprisoned MW in the Hotel,  she is the prisoner of her own device. Remember she was the one who found it (even though she shouldn't be able to) because she needed it.  Because Hotel del Luna it's a place where souls come to in search of healing.

@wenlhy

I think the princess said "I shouldn't have let you go" before MW kill her. I still believe CM is doing it to protect MW, another week to go...

Oh really? Then it should be as we thought and CM made a deal with his fiance to save MW's life.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

After watching episode 8 raw (for some reason, my phone cannot open up sub version) this is me right now:

giphy.gif

i dont think firefly guard is a bad guy. The mastermind seemed to be the Princess. But dang..that scene when YW dies :bawling: i love the expression in MW’s eyes: rage, betrayal, sadness, confusion, fragility. 

It is easy to see that Firefly guy felt uncomfortable around the princess. Even when he went against YW, it seemed like he was simply doing his job. YW himself was shocked. Sad thing is, he had to die for both of them. FG captured him but couldn’t spare him. MW watched him die. 

I still do not think CS is the reincarnation of either YW or FG. My theory that he is is own person and will be MW’s love that goes right in this lifetime of hers still stands. But if Hong Sisters really do that take the reincarnation route, then I see CS as YW’s reincarnation. In that lifetime, he loved MW the most. In this lifetime, CS will become the one who loves MW the most too. 

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

So I guess I was right about CM, made himself look like a bad guy to save MW. But still the sin is partially his and he also should shoulder the blame. I guess making MW hate him and giving  up his life is his way to pay for it.

I agree with this. He may not be the one responsible but he did take part in it. In order to probably save MW, he also had to kill others (YW). We may have gotten a bigger scope of the past but it sure feels like we will still get more, too.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 5

Is it just me or I think the man in ep 5 the wedding scene of past MW is different from ep 8 I mean the one in ep 5 is not CM the cheekbone and the hair tells me that it really belongs to YJG hahaha I'm not implying that he was in the past but more likely there would be a scene maybe in his dream where he would be CM (like he would be transported in the past through his dream but in CM persona) and will learn what really happened because there's more to it since there wasn't a scene where she really killed CM so we don't know yet

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, jasminssiii said:

Is it just me or I think the man in ep 5 the wedding scene of past MW is different from ep 8 I mean the one in ep 5 is not CM the cheekbone and the hair tells me that it really belongs to YJG hahaha I'm not implying that he was in the past but more likely there would be a scene maybe in his dream where he would be CM (like he would be transported in the past through his dream but in CM persona) and will learn what really happen because there's more to it since there wasn't a scene where she really killed CM so we don't know yet

Interesting detail that CM came to the chambers with his sword and a sullen expression on his face. I'm sure he already knew even before entering what is waiting for him. So I'm more curious to find out did he put a fight or let himself to be killed living MW in the blind till the end?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

So I guess I was right about CM, made himself look like a bad guy to save MW. But still the sin is partially his and he also should shoulder the blame. I guess making MW hate him and giving  up his life is his way to pay for it.

Very reasonable when eps.8 ended just as it. Hope next week episode will reveal why MW past appear in the  CS dreams ?

When CS is just pure soul to guided  MW to find her humans feelings why should he have that's dream? 

It'll be purest reason CS like MW as personality not for the cruel past . Love out of pitied is the worst.

Another week to wait whether be ending as lousy twists like its.

Or we have another interesting scene to hooked us into story more after the past revealed..

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I am trying to figure out what's so special about MW that she's received unique treatment from MaGo.  Ma go herself calls her a little human so even though MW symbolism is based on moon goddesses, we know she is not a goddess (unless she had done that Chinese God cultivation thing of becoming a human for a stretch of years with no memory of being a goddess?).  She can do superhuman things now like shoot from her hands and move things around and telepor t.

I've been wondering lately if she isn't a Hong Gil Dong figure.  In the Hong sisters' previous Hong Gil Dong drama, HGD was the leader of bandits, stole from rich to benefit poor, and began an incipient democracy hidden away in a secret mountain valley.  His bandits were completely loyal to him.

MW neither past nor present has shown signs of being a HGD type, but is that because we haven't seen much of her past?  Why would her men have followed her even after death?

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

Very reasonable when eps.8 ended just as it. Hope next week episode will reveal why MW past appear in the  CS dreams ?

When CS is just pure soul to guided  MW to find her humans feelings why should he have that's dream? 

It'll be purest reason CS like MW as personality not for the cruel past . Love out of pitied is the worst.

Another week to wait whether be ending as lousy twists like its.

Or we have another interesting scene to hooked us into story more after the past revealed..

In my opinion CS has nothing to do with MW's past and as you've said he is the pure soul to guide and help MW solve her unresolved issues. Her second chance. Or maybe I just very much want him to be 'cause honestly all this reincarnation stuff is so trite.

Personally I am of mind that it's Mago's doing to get CS interested in the Hotel and MW by giving him a better understanding of the both. After all he started to see these dreams after Mago gave him the flower from the tree, the tree that is MW's personification. 

I guess I just don't want CS to be yet another person who would tie MW to her painful past, she has enough of that.

And why should CS fall for MW out pity? As I've said, sympathy and curiosity could be the starting point but it could  grow from there and turn into the real love. The desire and need to know more and more about her will give him a better understanding, the insight in her true self so he could fall in love with the real her and not the image she tries to project.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ShannonK said:

Drama Milk is LIVE recapping this drama....
https://www.dramamilk.com/hotel-de-luna-episode-8-live-recap/

I have not watched either episodes, but thanks for this live recapping and @Dramanoona for recaping for us for today's episode.

I'm loving the new OST by gummy.

It's going to be heartbreaking next week. CS is falling in love with JMW, he's going to want her to live instead of being the one to send her away. :tears:

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, brielover said:

I am trying to figure out what's so special about MW that she's received unique treatment from MaGo.  Ma go herself calls her a little human so even though MW symbolism is based on moon goddesses, we know she is not a goddess (unless she had done that Chinese God cultivation thing of becoming a human for a stretch of years with no memory of being a goddess?).  She can do superhuman things now like shoot from her hands and move things around and telepor t.

I've been wondering lately if she isn't a Hong Gil Dong figure.  In the Hong sisters' previous Hong Gil Dong drama, HGD was the leader of bandits, stole from rich to benefit poor, and began an incipient democracy hidden away in a secret mountain valley.  His bandits were completely loyal to him.

MW neither past nor present has shown signs of being a HGD type, but is that because we haven't seen much of her past?  Why would her men have followed her even after death?

I think Mago symphatized her, and do not wish her become evil spirit and vanished, so she gave her a chance to meet princess again and hoping she will make difference here. 

And I think it's also because she want to comfort the dead one, so Mago made her a hotel to comfort dead soul?

• Like 3

The funniest thing about how MW,CS  quarrel over Mount baekdu painting is why CS doesn't send that's art to one who's could give the best prices?

He just need to send that's art to curators/auctions  house at sotheby or criste's  thou

Or he actually hold on that paintings out of fears the Tiger lost his habitat?:lol:

(The most funniest scene to recall,  the print leopard legging:joy:)

So the benevolent MW give that worthy painting as goodby gift at the end.:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

- Aren't you scared?

- Why would I? I have you... 

Chan-Sung is truly Man-Weol's guardian, a companion at times and a moral compass all at once. Another heartbreaking ep. I love how the drama makes me feel as if I went through an entire gamut of emotions. From laughter to disgust to empathy to sadness..

As scary as Man-Weol was, I could understand why she did that to Mi-Ra. I think there's definitely more to Chung-Myung's betrayal. This Drama has been known to throw curveballs before. So it may not be what it seems. At least I hope so...there's a lesson to be learned here somewhere. Still it's tragic what happened to Yeon-Woo... I believe Man-Weol is just taking the usual noble idiot route by distancing herself from Chan-Sung to keep him safe.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, juju84 said:

In my opinion CS has nothing to do with MW's past and as you've said he is the pure soul to guide and help MW solve her unresolved issues. Her second chance. Or maybe I just very much want him to be 'cause honestly all this reincarnation stuff is so trite.

Personally I am of mind that it's Mago's doing to get CS interested in the Hotel and MW by giving him a better understanding of the both. After all he started to see these dreams after Mago gave him the flower from the tree, the tree that is MW's personification. 

I guess I just don't want CS to be yet another person who would tie MW to her painful past, she has enough of that.

And why should CS fall for MW out pity? As I've said, sympathy and curiosity could be the starting point but it could  grow from there and turn into the real love. The desire and need to know more and more about her will give him a better understanding, the insight in her true self so he could fall in love with the real her and not the image she tries to project.

Nice post..;)

I think all the puzzles past need more specific scene to intertwined become a whole story to judge since till now there's some hole to pinpoint.

Or maybe later episode we will meet the firefly or YW to found out what kind reincarnation they get?

After all talk about pig and chicken..

Should be somehow the firefly become a pig and YW become a millionaire like Sanchez or Sancez is actually YW?

:joy:

Man..i need to stopped my imagination here and let the writers does the rest....

Have a good Monday Soompier..

Have nice strike :heart:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

23 hours ago, evok said:

I think I solved the mystery of Man Wol. :blink:

You can see in that robbery scene the princess and the general was looking at each other with a love. General was actually that princess lover. After that incident she sent him to get into Man Wol crew and make MW think he loves her. He acted like he has a feelings for her while he was the princess lover. When you think deeply a general goes behind a thief and suddenly be friend with her, seduce her with a lovely words..why??..so fast..he played with her. I think Man Wol is learning general is the princess lover and they are getting married. She get jealous and angry and tries to kill her but cant manage it..after that Princess kill MW's best friend Yon Woo to punish her. and Man Wol is actually waiting Yon Woo not the general coz she still feel so much guilty. He died coz her stupid mistake and I really think Chan Seung is reincarnation of Yon Woo. that is why he destined to met with reincarnated princess, to hate her but bring her to Man Wol years later. By this way Man Wol would kill the princess and can go to hell..It is the Man Go's plan. ;)

:blink::blink: I think it is time for me to open a prediction acc. First ever k-drama prediction acc!! :lol:

put the joke to a side..ıt was a very good episode...

Cant wait general get into her life. Chan Seung and General rivalry gonna be interesting. ;)

• Like 5

They know they are wrong for leaving us on the Cliffhanger without a preview... I hope Hotel Del Luna keep it up because I am definitely engaged. She was so betrayed but a part of me wonders if the man she loved had any sympathy or guilt for doing the group like that...:dissapointed_relieved::bawling:

• Like 4

This episode made me cry..again. It is even more painful with subtitles. YW. Oh man. My heart. :bawling:

Whether or not Firefly guy is the bad guy, he still did betray MW (from what we are shown). I think his only intention was to save MW. He wasn’t willing to save anyone else which may be why he ask her to follow him at the river bank. But she refused and he knew he couldn’t convince her otherwise. Her loyalty to her gang is strong so it is definitely understandable to see why she was so enraged. She has the grudge of 1000 year old rage/sadness. 

Man..my emotions are everywhere with this episode. I can’t even gather it without feeling like i just want to give CS and MW a hug. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, evok said:

:blink::blink: I think it is time for me to open a prediction acc. First ever k-drama prediction acc!! :lol:

put the joke to a side..ıt was a very good episode...

Cant wait general get into her life. Chan Seung and General rivalry gonna be interesting. ;)

What general?

• Like 2