[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

14 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

Lee Dohyun is a 95 born.

these rising young stars are making me a vintage.. and to think, lee minho and lee hongki used to be the young ones when i was watching He Is Beautiful.. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

5 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

these rising young stars are making me a vintage.. and to think, lee minho and lee hongki used to be the young ones when i was watching He Is Beautiful.. :sweatingbullets:

All those born in 90s... makes me feel old too.. LOL

• LOL 7

Raw thoughts:

Spoiler

I was afraid the show was going to let the guy off the hook, but they didn't. Good job, show. Ngl, I had Cell Block Tango in my head as the soundtrack for all those sleazy guys she killed + the final dude. It doesn't feel like the episode made much progress with Man Wol and Chan Sung's relationship, but I might be missing something without the subs. The ending and the preview though! So it seems like they hanged Yeon Woo and Man Wol watched him die?

Yet another flashback confirms that firefly guard doesn't do it for me. I feel like the dynamic between Man Wol and firefly guard is more like the traditional/old-school rom-com dynamic with the smug jerk(ish) male lead teasing the hapless(ish) female lead. Obviously that formula has had much success. Could that be part of why their pairing seems to have a pretty wide appeal?

SNS buddies Sanchez and Man Wol-ah are still giving me life! Bonding over rich people things and rich people exclusive clubs. Loves it! :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

On 7/29/2019 at 12:20 AM, Ellander88 said:

That Chang Myung gained so many nicknames here in this thread:

Cute Captain

Historic Hottie

Firefly Guard

What else? 

Let's collect it all and make a list. Hahahahahha :joy:

Yeon Woo's Hero HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK theory time: 

I have a feeling that MW's couldn't be something so bad that she deliberately did, just because she's the heroine and even if she did something bad, it can't be something THAT BAD. I think it's just because of her that things got messy and many people died. Maybe it's just cause the Firefly Guard (thanks for the term chingus :D) fell in love with her and because of that, he couldn't marry the princess, and so the princess got mad and had FG and MW attacked by the guards. And then both FG and YW will try to save MW, and then FG had to choose whether to give up YW to save MW and let her escape, which he does. So even if FG and YW become friends, FG betrays him to save MW. YW dies and then FG dies too. So it's like the burden of all these things happening falls on MW who survives. It's her fault because FG fell in love with her. I think that could be the sin she has to pay for. I can't explain her bloody hand yet wearing the red wedding dress though.

Also, my favorite part in Ep 6 was when GCS smiled when he saw MW wearing the earring he found. His smile was tooooooo cute. He felt giddy MW wore it. :wub:

• Like 6

It hurts my heart to say this because I grew fond of his sweet moments with MW. I have this thought that Firefly guard is a bad guy. :tears: I find it a bit manipulative when he said this.

20190803-214205.jpg

20190803-214229.jpg

I don't know, there's somethig that feels off. Although, I don't want him to be a bad guy.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

13 minutes ago, jasminssiii said:

All I can say is that I have a feeling that Mira is the real richard simmons in the drama both past and present lol

Wow it's been a while since I see the word "richard simmons" in a thread. She must be truly doing alot of "richard simmoning" in the episode today.

Dramamilk paused their live recap for a while, but oh do we see some of CS emotions coming through..

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

Hmm, I guess it's pretty save to say that my theory was right about Cheong Myung being young master or even a low ranking prince. Since it was common in Ryeo to have a lot of children (heirs) among the royalty. Looks like Yeon Woo found out about it which put a damper on the friendship between two guys. 

Something tells me that the princess Cheong Myung was guarding and who had feelings for him found out about CM meeting up with MW in secret and out of jelousy exposed his betrayal and ordered to hunt down and kill all of MW's gang. Or even made a deal with CM that if he marries her  and forgets about MW, she would spare MW's life. But in secret still ordered to kill her rival and CM was late to prevent it. 

In the end MW lost all of her friends including Yeon Woo and thinking it was CM who betrayed them she came to kill him on his wedding day. And since CM felt responsible for what had happened he just let MW misunderstood the whole situation and kill him.

LoL, I guess I need to go write this down and make my own script:lol:

I actually think you may be right in some respect. Form  the beginning i thought CM was some type of prince it just seemed like he was not a guard at all.  Then i remember he said something like the princess doesn't only want me for my face and that was not him making a dirty comment lol that was him implying that there was something else and i am thinking it was rank, which the princess wanted. I think his rank as a prince must have been high because she was a princess that wanted him for his rank which could mean he was the crown prince. He was disguised as a guard. I think he may have refused to marry that princess i think the princess may have kept following him and found out about him and MW and then used that to have him marry her in exchange for their lives but then turned around and like you said sent people to kill then in the name of the prince. But MW got away. I don't think MW killed CM though i think she may have had the intention but i that that princess may have found them and triedto kill MW and CM got in the way. That must have been how she found out he had not betrayed them. MW must feel guilty twice over because her friend got killed and the CM too protecting her.

• Like 11

Oh dear, that final scene...

I think CS saw MW's flashback when she saw Mira's face. That's why he turned to her in shock. 

IU's expression of hatred, grudge, vengeance and shock is so on point, I can feel the resentment in her eyes towards Mira. Gosh!

Kinda make me remember how she looked at Jang Ki Young character in My Mister when he keeps abusing her. 

Apparently, CM married the princess. 

I think there are two possibilities of their past.

1) CM never had the good intention in the first place to approach MW. All his kindness to her were just a scheme to root out her bandit gang. And thus, MW killed CM on his wedding night (perhaps the princess too) to take revenge.

OR

2) The princess found out where CM's heart lies. Due to jealousy and her greed to have CM to herself, she catch all MW's gang including YW. CM probably had to agree to marry the princess in exchange for their lives. But, the princess didn't keep the deal, and killed the gang, particularly YW. Out for revenge, MW sneaked into the room and probably killed the princess, wear the red wedding garment, and killed CM when he entered the room. 

I prefer the second scenario. Maybe that's why the first Mago told her she was arrogant. She killed the wrong person, the person who actually sacrificed for her, and she never want to admit it.

I  can't wait for the next episode. Things is getting interesting. MW is getting very angry with the "Gods" for trying to "design" and interfere her fate and destiny too.

At this point of the story, I kinda convinced with the theory that CS is neither the reincarnation of CM nor YW.

Anyway, unlike the other 3 crones, the fourth crone has very stern character and disapprove of the role of Hotel Del Luna had for the departing soul. Hmmmm... I don't think she can be called a Grim Reaper... or is she? :blink: Or, Hell Gatekeeper perhaps? Since each of the crone is a God of something related to cosmogonic, she must be God of something too.

I feel sorry and sad for the ghost from Room 13. She experienced such horrendous humiliation when she was alive and in the end she is burned to ashes and never has the chance to reincarnate. But, CS heard her voice, now that she is in peace as her soul not suffering anymore. Hmmm...

Can't wait for episode 8. CS really gonna make MW's heart lively again. 

"Even though this is your prison, I will stay here with you"... Awwwwww... :love:

Chan Sung ahhhh... Noona's heart is fluttered! Even the slow-wit Sanchez could read your love for MW. Aigooo...

• Like 10
  • Love 4

@jasminssiii, lol let me join the club chingu!:lol: I thought she was richard simmons from the very first conversation she had with uri CS-shi.

@Cayu18, that could also be the case though I kind of prefer if it was MW who killed or even accidentally killed CM in a feet of misguided vengeance. That would also justify her punishment and self-flagellation. Plus that would have been much more dramatic and significant to the story in my opinion. But then again probably too dramatic for sisters Hong usual style)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It is possible that the princess and CM  were  to be married but a one sided love( perhaps only the princess is in love and not CM)  and coincendatally met MW in the past and fall for her? the princess had known this and got her revenge to MW, YW and her people? and eventually CM got hurt and MW  was stricken with guilt with what had happened to CM.that she too had a plan a revenge.

but I wonder, whats with  MW wearing  a wedding  dress? and has blood on her hands and CM wearing a wedding suit too? in the flash back?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HM BhndThCrtn said:

It hurts my heart to say this because I grew fond of his sweet moments with MW. I have this thought that Firefly guard is a bad guy. :tears: I find it a bit manipulative when he said this.

I don't know, there's somethig that feels off. Although, I don't want him to be a bad guy.

Hmm, at first, I also thought CM to be the bad guy but now I more think of him as the victim of the circumstances and misdecision.

Maybe there at the river bank he was implying it's the last time he comes for her because he has some other obligations he can't neglect anymore. For e.x. marrying that princess to protect MW or something like that.

I really doubt that Hong sisters would go that far as too make this lover-boy into a wolf in sheep's clothing. Not intentionally at least.

@Ellander88, high five, chingu! 

The second scenario is the one I'm rooting for. It would have been cruel  but instructive in the right kind of way. All in all refreshing and un-cliche-like.

Plus from the very first episode i was strongly against CS being the reincarnation of any of the two men from MW's past. He should be a new face who helps to heal her heart, put everything behind and forgive herself starting anew.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I haven't watched a Hong sisters drama other than this, but from what I read, they tend to make their second female leads unlikeable. I personally dislike the super likeable second male lead + detestable female second lead formula that's been used so many times, so I'd prefer firefly guard to be the baddie somehow, or have no one be the baddie (including Cha Se Ri). But I won't be surprised if I they don't swerve that way. -_-

• Like 4
  • Love 1

the princess and CM got married and she was also the one who had hurt MW and her men..I thnk YW sacrificed himself.. by hanging.and it hurt MW so bad and that she planned to have her revenge .

Mira, was the reincarnation of the princess.

• Like 5
  • Love 1