[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

I am looking forward to the guest cameos which would pop up in the drama.

Story pretty much reminds me of Master's Sun with the individual ghost stories intertwined with the main plot.

It's quite intriguing to see Man Weol's past coming to light.

It's too soon to tell is CS is the reincarnation of the officer... but hey, we are only in Ep 3!

• Like 7

Please don't let Chan Sung be a reincarnation of Go Chung Myung, Man Wol's first love, the reincarnation plot line is repetitive in K-DRAMA now imo. A descendent may fit the plot more since his dad was also be able to make the tree bloom. 

• Like 7

im going to keep my patience, persevere and wait for tomorrow when both last night and this evening episodes have the eng subs.. then i can binge 2 epi tomorrow :sweatingbullets: that way, i have 1 less day to wait to the next weekend compared to the rest of u hahaha (buried myself in self deceit..)

meantime, share more reviews and photos and spoilers! :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

Huhuhu....never expected to see him !

The Eunuch from 100 Days Husband..

Who is this? I haven't seen 100 Days Husband, but he was in something else I watched recently, and it is bugging the heck out of me that I can't remember. 

The cameos and side characters are awesome in this one. The story is fun. I'm so curious about the main characters. 

• Like 5

in joseon era.. wow!! haha the headgear of the long hair looks heavy on MW :lol:

now we get to have a sneak of how the chief attendant mdm choi died and joined HDL :D im curious what is the thing she cant let go in the past to go to the afterlife..

• Like 7

Astronauts MW Jang is such cuties :D

IMG-20190721-115248.jpg

Who's Amstrong..Aldrin..clark..stark.?

Our Man Wol is another levels :lol:

IMG-20190721-115242.jpg

She get so faaar away just to get a manager..

Event the results faaar for her exception :lol:

Been kicked. !

Spoiler

Wish some teachy friends subbed with IU  good day 3 octave , it would be the best gift ever..lol.

Ccto

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone! This is my first time watching IU or YJG in a drama. While I am still getting used to YJG's looks (it's his eyes that I haven't accustomed to), I think IU is pretty cool in her role and I can't resist dramas with supernatural elements, having watched Master's Sun, Arang and the Magistrate, My Love from the Star and Hwayugi. I've caught up with E3 of HDL and can't wait to watch tonight's episode. So far the first 3 episodes have got me hooked and I can't wait to read all your comments and go along this HDL journey with you all:blush:

@dramanoona - I had the same thought that this was like Master's Sun where each episode has a story that involves KCS solving it somehow.

@sadthe1st - actually Mdm Choi mentioned the 'why' in E03, where she and the other two hotel staff welcomed KCS in his room.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@sadthe1st - actually Mdm Choi mentioned the 'why' in E03, where she and the other two hotel staff welcomed KCS in his room.

dun tempt me dun tempt me!! i’m trying to keep ep3 n 4 for tomorrow when the eng subs are out so that i can watch both ep together :D im being silly! hahaha

IG post from YJG himself haha! to me, he is still the little crown prince in Moon that Embraces the Sun.. seriously.. he is so fated to anything moon (luna) :lol: and he was in the Orange Marmalade as a high school kid too (with a female vampire).. i think, he is actually not a human.. he has the same fate as MW, frozen i swear! lolol

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

It was driving me crazy as I remember seeing him somewhere before and then it hit me....

Yoo Chan's friend in Still 17!

w4V3Fu.png

2ZgtN5.png

And he was Yoo Chan's other friend!

Spoiler

obGQsn.png

So will Yang Se Jong or Ahn Hyo Seop make a cameo? LOL.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 1

After watching the episode for the third times (live stream, raw and subbed.. yeah, I'm totally smitten), I come to hope that the reason the "crone" granny finally put CS as the person who could see MW's past would not be about him being the reincarnation of that Captain. Ah, btw, I think there is a wrong translation as to how many human have been the manager at the hotel up to CS. The sub said Manager No was 48th and CS is the 49th. But, my logic wouldn't let me believe the sub as MW has been there for over 1000 years. So, I turned on my detective mode and rewind a few times the part MW's soliloquy where she mentioned the number. I read IU's lips saying "A-Heun" instead of "Ma-Heun", so the correct number supposed to be Manager No was the 98th human, and CS is the 99th. Well, there's always something mystical about number 9 or 99 or 999 in East Asian folklore. I wonder what do Hong Sister have in mind to present CS as the 99th human.

From the past works of Hong Sisters, they don't seem to give the mainstream idea like reincarnation in their plot. For example, in Hwayugi, they rather come up with the idea to just let JSM die and ended the story with Oh Gong find her in the underworld rather than writing a reincarnation plot. In My GF is a Gumiho, they wrote the rare event of celestial body to let both leads to meet again, fulfilling entirely the fancy of fantasy where they could make up about anything to reason the plot with. They never appeal to what the public want/expect/used to and to the repetitive idea such as reincarnation. When CS told MW that he's afraid that him being able to see her in his dream is because he also need to pay for something, to me it kinda foreshadow something pretty unsettling about their connection. 

I think there were more to MW's past life than just about her killings. She committed a sin bigger than any other sins based on the description of her character, even bigger than a murder? She was too arrogant to admit her sin, thus the punishment given to her. Rather than curious about whether CS is the reincarnation or not, I'm now more intrigue as to what kind of sin did she committed in the past. It's not like there were no other murderer in her time. She even went to find the Guesthouse of the Moon to comfort the souls (her friends? lover? other people?), but why did the "crone" found what she did as arrogant and foolish? :blink:

Did MW misunderstood the Captain and killed him and never want to admit she wrongly killed him? The princess may have chased her down to get the Captain back and maybe some misunderstanding happened along the process? Whoa, there are so many possibilities of how her past life was that leads to her being punish to stand still between life and death, and I couldn't help to wonder and fried my brain over it. LOL!:sweatingbullets:

That room 404, apart from portraying the fact that number 4 is being associated with death in East Asian countries, I realize that it's also seems like an IT joke. Error 404. Not found. :joy:

I wonder what's inside that room that made those guests who checked in  never checked out. That guy who insist to check in seems to be bewitched by something inside the room right when he opened the door luring him in. 

I wonder if the room actually reflect what the human guest have in mind. Like their desire, their want, their greed about the place or the world and the room is a room made specifically to feed these desires. Hence, they never want to come out and check out. Hmmm... I may be overthinking. What has this drama made me do.. starting to imagining things. LOL!:joy:

From the preview, it seems MW doesn't want to admit that she is waiting for someone and trying to keep CS out from "reviving" the tree and she seems afraid those past memories coming back to her. The "crone" was right about her arrogance and foolishness, but why doesn't MW ever want to admit to the fact that she is waiting for "that person"? Hmmmm.. it's only episode 3, and I'm totally enchanted by everything about this drama. 

Suddenly I feel like to browse online shop and buy a pair leopard print leggings. :phew:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1