[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

chinggu-deul.... I really need explanation about the ending.... it got me confused since I read too many here and there.... so I only will take the one that share in this room.

its the most fitting ending... I agree because no matter what mr. Kim, ms. Choi and Hyun Joong are ghosts who waiting for their time to go to the afterlife... and they go.. with all their unfinished business done beautifully. and Man Weol she is a ghost too and she also already go to the afterlife then promise Chan Seong that they will reunite again once their reincarnation.

but in the end, it not told me that the time is many years after or what.. so I assume it only past few years after the separation. we see mr kim jogging, ms.choi play with her cute dog, and Joon Hyung play basketball with his friends and he is in school uniform. then later on Man Weol arrive sitting next to CS and it looks so natural for them... no hugging after long separation no whatsoever excitement to finally see each other again.... just lay her head in CS shoulder then they reunite again saying about their promises....

my question is... do they really reincarnated???? but how come its so fast.... Ji Eun Tak need 35 years for her to reincarnated and reunite with Kim Shin.... so are they ghost?????? some people said they are ghost since CS still able to see ghost because he gave the medicine to Yuna... how come they become ghost again and not stay in the afterlife???? it really confused me... please please someone explain to me.... 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

@Yippeun_eonnie The scene of everyone meeting up at the end isn't a reincarnation. It is CS's imagining of what their future reincarnation could be like. The show ended without showing the reincarnation but gave us clear signals that it will happen as it has happened already with CS meeting MW during the present timeline (1,300 years after their first meeting). 

I had no idea that YJG had such a big FC in Thailand. It's so funny that you guys picked up "Tangmo Paan" but I highly recommend it to everyone if you guys come to BKK. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

5 minutes ago, stella77 said:

I had no idea that YJG had such a big FC in Thailand. It's so funny that you guys picked up "Tangmo Paan" but I highly recommend it to everyone if you guys come to BKK. 

:lol: It's just because YJG was so cute when he felt proud making and selling it in 4 Wheeled Restaurant. He said that a lot "Tangmo Paan!" to everyone passing by. Too bad he didn't take all the watermelon seeds out tho. :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, aria26 said:

Going to Thailand! YJG can teach them Thai phrases... for selling food, and buying groceries... Tangmo Paaaaaaan!!!! And he can take them to rooftop bars, and he may finally get the girlfriend he has been dreaming of haha

I hope they all hang out together. Age-wise, IU is closer to the boys (mostly in their 26s?) while YJG is closer to the girls.

I'm so sad about @lollyminx calling it the final BTS. We really have to let go now.

I wonder if they can actually go. Korea is getting a typhoon right now and it is suppose to last till Sunday.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, stella77 said:

It is indeed funny if he was trying to sell Tangmo Paan in BKK (fierce competition in the juice/drink sector).

He got tips from locals - add the ice in the blender, remove the seeds. Later on, he expanded to mango and lime juice :D and had a mini breakdown when one of the two blenders he's using stopped working. They drove the food truck from one place Chiang Mai, I think, to other different spots until they reached BKK, their final stop. 

• Like 7

Not sure who else is still around on this thread. It’s been a busy few days so I’ve only just managed to watch the last episode. 

By and large, I think it was wrapped up quite nicely with each of the staff’s stories all neatly concluded and them passing on to the afterlife. I’m not quite so sure I know how to interpret the very final scene with CS and MW though. I have a few questions too if there’s anyone around to answer them (sorry if they’ve already been answered — I’m very slowly back reading the posts):

1. What exactly were the favours that Yuna asked from Mago? Had it to do with the number of lilies she came back with for YJ?

2. Were all those people in the last scene reincarnations of the crew? But if they had only just passed into the afterlife a few months prior, would they have already been reincarnated at that age of young adult/adulthood?

3. Same goes for MW and CS in the last scene — was she back already? Or do we take it as a philosophical proposition that life moves on and CS, like all the others, will somehow find love again with someone, whoever it may be? 

CS was going to move to New York. Presumably for work, now that whatever he was meant to do in Korea is done. We don’t really know if he might’ve gone back to Mago for another dose of the meds so he would not be able to see spirits anymore, though the reality is that not unless he wants to work at Blue Moon, there’s no more real need to see spirits anymore. After all, MW has passed on to the afterlife already. 

Cant decide if I like the ending or not...

edit: OK. I just read @nastyacolors00‘s post on the interview with the Hong sisters. I think it all makes sense now. Seems a sad ending to me though...

• Like 7
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

2. Were all those people in the last scene reincarnations of the crew? But if they had only just passed into the afterlife a few months prior, would they have already been reincarnated at that age of young adult/adulthood?

3. Same goes for MW and CS in the last scene — was she back already? Or do we take it as a philosophical proposition that life moves on and CS, like all the others, will somehow find love again with someone, whoever it may be? 

The last scene was CS's imagination or hope for the future when they're all reincarnated and meet again.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, stella77 said:

@Yippeun_eonnie The scene of everyone meeting up at the end isn't a reincarnation. It is CS's imagining of what their future reincarnation could be like. The show ended without showing the reincarnation but gave us clear signals that it will happen as it has happened already with CS meeting MW during the present timeline (1,300 years after their first meeting). 

aahh... that's explain..... so its his imagination.... thank you :heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I am still here guys..reading all the final thought and further discussion on the writers' explanation.

Still trying to let go slowly~~:tears:

Still getting puffy eyes watching all those send-off clips; still smiling and laughing like a fool to the BTS; still feel the stinging heartache for ManChan though I know it's the best ending for them since I already believed earlier that MW can no more be human, she's dead. 

I don't think I would be able to rewatch episode 16 any sooner, I will rewatch until episode 15. 

The episode evoked that painful feeling buried deep in my heart from 20+ years ago when I have to let go someone I loved the most in this world. I was so attached to MW character that I never care to choose either to be in Team CM or Team CS because I always look from MW's perspective; what's best for her, I would incline to that way. It felt like sending off a best friend or beloved someone, like i said in my post before, someone terminally ill whom we know the time is nearing to let go of her. 

But indeed, those who were left behind like CS and us viewers will have to bear the pain of having to send them off, left only with the memories and gotta live through the remaining life embracing the wish of those who left that want us to make the most out of our life ahead. Tears already welling up at this point while typing this comment.

I never knew this drama would have that much effect to me personally. 

I know it's just a drama, but there were a lot of lessons regarding choice, fate, destiny, life and death that somehow change my perception about "the greater love". 

Btw, I am guessing that fullmoon.long IG will be deleted after 49 days from final episode as a sign that MW have fully crossed the bridge. But who knows, IU may decide to keep it forever as many wish for her to not delete the account. MW is gone. I don't think it will be updated anymore. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Ellander88 said:

I am still here guys..reading all the final thought and further discussion on the writers' explanation.

Still trying to let go slowly~~:tears:

Same. I still check the forum like a lingering ghost who can't move on to other things. :lol:

It's a farewell video and they're standing so close. Too close. At the press con, IU wasn't even planning on linking her arm with YJG. Hahaha 

What time do they leave for Bangkok today? 

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

13 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Same. I still check the forum like a lingering ghost who can't move on to other things. :lol:

It's a farewell video and they're standing so close. Too close. At the press con, IU wasn't even planning on linking her arm with YJG. Hahaha 

What time do they leave for Bangkok today? 

Lingering ghosts....

Same thing with the final group photos, YJG seeemed a bit annoyed when IU didnt want to link her arm to JG's.... Aigooo, that picture was the best couple picture of the two... the final picture of MW and CS's couple picture that was placed on the wall... just love the picture, looks so dashing... 

Great to know all of them could attend the reward vacation.... why is it always Thailand i wonder? Even WWWSK, it was in Thailand... hmmm...

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1