[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

Okey........................
..................... I have really waited for the subbed episode 16.

I cried so many times.   When they were saying goodbye one by one... and the hotel is totally empty and quiet ...poor MW.

But this had been a lingering thought ever since I joined Soompi forums (of various drama).... i do not know IF IT'S JUST COINCIDENCE or not.....that the things we discuss in the forum actually in some way, get to be reflected in the actual script/story. :o

So we in other previous forums before had even chided each other that.... there might be production staff lurking in these soompi threads...HAHHHA. who knows?? right :sweatingbullets:

Because way before the final two episodes.... these were already way before discussed here among ourselves, I remember reading about it though i cannot remember who exactly posted these.

That perhaps or "maybe" CS has met MW when they were little, and that could be their connection in the past ( well indeed in Ep 16 this was shown - but somehow you could see that it was a-last-minute-add-on the script? i mean this is just my observation, because originally, it was YW and his mother who found little MW right? so if CS and his father found her first, how did she ended up with YW??)

Then that clamour and pleading for atleast a happy ending -- I think that "park scene" was just added to appease us....hahhha.

Okey I would not nitpick further on the type of ending they gave us.   But obviously even at the storyline onset, they were set on to a sad ending already.  And that park scene was just a wishful thinking in CS mind ON HOW THEY SHOULD MEET when they are re-born and see each other again.

And yes the bed ! we've been giving emphasis on the bed too
But....Gosh even their bed scene is sad.... why????????? :wacko:

I had to give it to CS though....so stubborn til the end....he did not take the medicine/ potion ..gave it to YN instead..hahha.

The only thing that kinda ease the let-down is that the new Hotel owner  is .....just sooo  HOT. :P

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

Can someone clarify this to me? MW said before that it was YW’s parents or mum who rescued her that’s why she treats YW as his brother so I don’t understand the scene where past CS saved MW.

She said that a man/merchant  saved her life but yw mom raised her

• Like 5

Annyeong Chingus,

I still remembered and reverberated in my mind that this drama would not have a happy ending given the circumstances of the characters but I hope it would have a satisfying ending and whoaaaa it did not just give a satisfying ending but a heavenly ending. :innocent:

Thanks so much to the cameo of the great Kim Soo Hyun and it relieved the sadness of the not so great ending for the ManCha couple and for my loves Chungmyung.  His being a top hallyu star did not even fade given the two years of  hiatus. And he got his trending in Naver. What an amazing actor.

IMG-20190902-115524.jpg

IMG-20190902-115540.jpg

Thanks so much to Oh Choong Hwan PD, Hong Sisters writer-nims, the casts and production staff and to  TvN for always producing quality drama. This hotel will surely be missed,  its hotel owner and its workers. All characters had their own rich stories:wub:.  Scholar Kim Si Ik, Seo Hee Ahjumma, HyunJoong hyung, and Yuna agassi.  They have their own sad stories to share and lessons to be learned from theirs.  Adding to these were all the cameo of guests. This drama is so brilliant. IU improved a lot with her acting. Her looks and outfits were always trending. She went beyond the human manequin :lol: .  YJG proved again that he is an axcellent actor when it comes to acting and oh my his visual is totally eye candy, a festive for the eye.:wub:

I would love to have them produce again the season 2. I know TvN doesnt have the plan for this accdg to news but there is no impossibility in this world if they want and work it out. :cry:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1349552wpp/tvn-responds-after-kim-soo-hyuns-cameo-in-hotel-del-luna-leads-to-hopes-for-potential-2nd-season

• Like 5
  • Love 2

What an episode, heaven limousine service was in fully charge service   :joy::mrgreen:

5d6ced028fbc8506087600.gif?download

* grim reaper probably enjoyed the rides :tounge_xd:

Goodbye, after goodbye, after goodbye , after goodbye , in the end it was emotionally drained :dissapointed_relieved: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Someone might not be able to join the vacation/trip...because he's back to school...?

Will goddess not be able to join too because preparing for concert already?  Cause if she'll be attending and Captain cricket will be there ....Hah !!!  :P :P :P

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Sakurafairy said:

@Ameera Ali Lol. Let him turn 180 degrees,  just showing his black hair then as Manweol said their hairs were really the same:D

Haist this drama totally is emotionally draining. The characters have their smooth happy endings but WHY goodbyes after goodbyes are still hurting.:bawling:

We have same thought I made gifs on it so hilarious :joy:

Spoiler

5d6cf9ae74b8f001696100.gif?download

5d6cfa0366b7a054655189.jpg?download

5d6cf95a392c9083112744.gif?download

• LOL 15

i found it funny and sweet..before this we always assume cs was cm reincarnation but i find that the young MW actually like CM because she remind him the boys who save her..i think after CS and his father save her during the journey they give her to  YW’s mon to take care of her since they just merchant and she had better circumtance with YW mom..that why they part were cs holding MW hand to sing up paper remind her about CM where actualy young MW remind the little boy who whole her hand...and when we tough the comedian could be CM cause MW seen love him so much actually mago who make CS appearance from the future and it remind me KJH said during behind the scene jokily why they look good together(him and YJG) cause they look alike....

i hate crying but at the same time i cant denied the beautiful story of two soul who will always find each others 

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

Puffy eyes and I think I went through half a tissue box. This episode and me alternate between laughing and then mostly crying. Even when I knew the spoilers from last night — I was thinking to myself: “I am prepared so I should be all right and not cry to much....” then we hit the series of good-byes and I am already crying even more when Mr. Kim leaves and the tears keep coming basically until the end. The goodbye scene between MW and CS was so heart breaking and yet I am happy for them both. 

Maybe as I get older I realize how profound this message is of learning to let go and treating love ones well (life is too short!). “Be like CS or maybe a little of MW” will be a new mottos for me lol. With subs, it is an amazing episode and I am satisfied with the bittersweet sad and yet powerful/hopeful ending. Seeing IU and YJG’s notes/poems shows their dedication. Thanks to everyone who made this drama and all the fans here for the fun and fabulous chats. Seriously I hope TvN will consider part 2 with KSH — even if everyone takes their time to deliver it well. I would wait years for it lol. 

4 hours ago, elsanna said:

Which piano music is used in show...was it Chopin...it's really familiar tune...can anyone help?!!:wub:

I thought it was Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata 

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 4

Just finish watching the sub final... sigh, everyone seemed to forget how Chan Sung is going to feel, being left alone...

Its great that everyone left but CS... sigh...

Cant even give a farewell kiss, even forehead kiss, at least when MW goes into the tunnel.... at least something... sigh, everyone seemed tired, with their dark eyes circle... especially the leads. 

I guess Chan Seong wasnt really blessed, to be alone in his life... and to have wait for his death, before he could have a happy life, with a possible reincarnation for both him and MW later on... he waited like 1300 years for that, when he first met Man Woel.and he has to wait probably another 50 years to met MW again.. Hahaa...

Ok, at least they gave me two scenes where CS actually carried MW... aish, so manly CS! Ops YJG! 

As for Hotel Blue Moon, who knows it could have been a successful franchise of the Moon* drama by the Hong Sisters, if they decides for a 2nd season... 

Overall, it was a good drama, had wished for more feelings on the romance part (they cry too much in the last episode, sigh)... 

Thanks everyone for a great discussion on the drama :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I thought the ending was interesting. GCS could've chosen to be the 85th passerby in JMW's life if he had stayed in the past...as he was a passerby (albeit quite important) the first time he met her. But, he chose to establish a more solid connection with her in order to make sure that they'd meet each other again in another lifetime. I teared up a little when all of the staff members had their story lines wrapped up. What got me this episode was how much GCS and JMW were in synchronicity with one another in their hand gestures in the lighter parts of the episode. 

i liked the drama enough, but tbh i prob tuned in partly to see IU's outfits, hats, and nail polish. I wonder if there's a blog or site that has cataloged them for audience members?? That's really what I came here for hahaha. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I was hoping they would either die together or live together, but I guess this is the next best option. I hope the part about CS moving to New York was the writers' way of showing he is going to be able to move on and find love again in this lifetime.  I'm thinking that maybe the reason they didn't concretely show MW and CS meeting again in the next lifetime is because that means CS never moved on and basically lived a lonely life longing for MW, which would be terribly sad.  In this ending at least, we got the possibility that maybe he lived a happy life after his summer at Hotel Del luna. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Maybe i should be content that YJG becoming 1st in brand rept in the recent survey... while IU came 2nd..

I do wonder if anything happened during/ after  filming that after the first and only kiss scene between the two leads,  that we suddenly didnt see anything close to that in the next 4 episodes until the end...  sigh, im too hung up on this, hahhaa...

YJG, damn he is just 22years and i know he has a lot of dramas under his name... and HDL probably seal his acting as a future manly man/

Lead ... maybe action pack drama next, haha...  who knows...

I wish all those photos between IU and YJG are closer, even when they hold hands, i still feel as if there is some distance between them. The final bench sitting with the other cast, i guess its taboo for YJG to touch IU waist? Hahahha

YjG has been extremely polite, bowing to all seniors of the Hotel whenever they speak during filming, i wonder if it just came naturally to him...

Reward trips without the leads? Now that would be extremely funny? Maybe wait for another month, when everyone misses everyone, then go for the trip!

• Like 2
  • Love 1