[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

8 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i finally watched ep 16 with subtitles...an open end is better than a sad end...great story !!!

Me, too.

Finally finished it. It was a great drama. I really love it and all the consequences they go through. It was good lesson teaching.

For the ending, I'm glad they met, again in another life and Kim Soo Hyun, amazing entrance! Lol! I'm soo happy he's back and doing an amazing cameo for this drama and becoming the new owner. Lol! Oh! How we all wish someone would pick up this story and make him the new owner and see his side of the story. Lol! But they won't.

This was a great drama and journey with you all. Now, what's next to watch? I honestly enjoy IU's acting. She's very multi-talented. Can't wait to see her next project. 

• Like 5
  • Love 7

Omg!!! This is the saddest and sweetest episode! 

giphy.gif

one of the most beautiful love story ever! (I have only seen a few that truly touches my heart).

My heart fluttered with ManChan on every episode..to when they first met to when they departed and met again. I got so use to the HDL staff too that I literally felt my heart hurting with MW and CS when they left one by one! The scene when CS sends MW off..omg! Amazing acting from both! My heart broke! 

I accept this ending because it leaves me with the same loving feeling between ManChan. Even though MW is gone, I still feel the love because of the ending. Yes. I would have wanted them together but we all were warned that MW will have to go on the bridge too. For having been trapped for 1300 years, she deserves to be free. CS understands this and let her go freely, protecting the love of theirs. That’s why at the end (it is interpreted as CS’s hope and dream) that the love of them both is still there.

The flower in his heart is still dreaming of his moon, always :wub:

for this, i accept the ending. It’s a beautiful love story throughout. No unnecessary plot devices used although I still would have liked a line crossed at some scenes LOL. Overall I think this sums up their love. Mature, nurturing, loving and beautiful. The moments they shared was sweet to them and in turn, sweet to us. Especially when they love the way they do.

And plus, i have seen worse endings before in other dramas. This one is quite beautiful compared to the ones that have made me flip tables ;)

I had a fun time with the Soompi HDL family here! It was so fun joking and laughing together, and crying on sad scenes while cracking jokes about skinships and room 404! 

@Ameera Ali @lightbringer06 @berny2 @annamchoi @Ondine @lollyminx @Yana Mujay @uglypearl @alekaonu @RiceGirl1212 And everyone else whom I forgot to tag...

It has been a fun 16 episodes run with you all! :wub: Let us reunite in other dramas too :D

Hopefully we see a reunion between IU snd YJG in another drama where this happens:

CpBbX7M.gif?noredirect

:joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Third comment in this forum. I rarely post, but i really enjoyed reading everyone post here. :)

Finish watch with sub. For me it was a satisfying bittersweet ending. 

HDL is a rare (and special) drama for me with how they portrayed the OTP. In other drama OTP always have this magic sentence 'they couldn't live without each other'. I admit that it was romantic and I felt pang in my heart whenever some OTP declare that sentence. But honestly deep in my heart, I want OTP that love each other but also can let go their loved one and keep on living. Because I also believe that in the afterlife (heaven) god will allow us to meet our loved ones (without reincarnation and last forever)

I have no expectations or anything about this drama when I first watched. But it become one of my favorite dramas now that I'll gladly rewatch later :)

I really enjoyed IU antics as jang man wol, and I adored YJG as Go Chan sung. Go Chan sung now on my top three male leads that I like. This is not the first drama I watched YJG. But this is the first drama that make me looking forward to YJG projects in the future

I'm conservative, so I'm quite satisfied with OTP romance.  I also like the bonding of our OTP with other side character. They seemed like real family and warmth my heart

• Like 8
  • Love 10

Watching it first without sub has already made me cried a lot watching each character leaving one by one (time to practise what I've learnt in my language class).  Although it is part of life, it is never easy to part with those we love dearly.  Because it is the reality, we do accept it with an open heart and mind but it will never get easier.

Back to the drama, it is expected that we will have to let go of each character one by one in the finale.  However this is the first time watching the closure of each main and supporting characters.  Congratulations to the HDL team for making us feel close to each character that it leaves quite an impact to us the viewers.  

Congratulations to IU and YJG as the main leads for being able to make us love both characters.  Looking forward to more of your work in the future.  

Credit to the owner

• Like 11
  • Love 4

Finally finished it. Thank you chinggus for the beautiful watching experience with you. This is my first time actively joining a forum for an ongoing drama. It was such a relief to have place to run to to empty my thoughts and be in a community that loves what I love. I can read all the comments now (avoiding getting spoiled)

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Yes it was a sad ending....ideally I would ave liked it to be like goblin

Spoiler

Where we got a time skip and the leads meet again in the next life

But maybe this is another way to show us the inevitable parting that we sometimes escape through stories with happy endings..we all have to face death one day. But the beautiful ending in this is that it doesn’t end in death. We have hope we will meet our loved ones again, whether we spent a short or long amount of time with them in this life.

that said-if hotel blue moon becomes a thing, I hope I can see a cameo from uri leads living happy life in their next lives,

• Like 6
  • Love 7

I just saw the subbed final episode and two things: 

1. Does that mean that they MAY have to wait for another 1,300 years to see each other again? I don't like that bit because it's too long. I like CS's imagination better, that MW comes early because she didn't want him to wait (I like their convo here). Also, why don't they just keep reincarnating, like everyday, so every woman in the world has their own Goo Chan Sung. :lol:

2. I somehow understand the lack of physical romance in this series after EP 16. At the tunnel, when they were saying their goodbyes, MW apologized for making it difficult for CS to let her go. Based on MW's feelings, I think the line between them that bothered me so much is just this huge elephant in the room - the inevitable departure of MW -  that makes it impossible for them to be in a real relationship. After all, CS is paying the price (watching him look at the Baekdu painting alone broke my heart) and it will be harder to deal with the loneliness once MW is gone if they did all the couple stuff, if they did it, if they did everything together, etc. So I guess, and I can't believe I'm saying this, there's a point to the frustrating lack of physical romance. :innocent:

All in all, I'm just happy that they ended it well even if they could have shown us a real reunion or a montage of them meeting over and over in different lives. I'm still have a hangover and I'm trying to watch something else to get back to reality. Ah well, it's been fun everyone. Hoping to see you all again and that we'll be met with good news of IU and YJG working in some other project in the future. :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 9

No one has seen a gif of MW smiling as she walked down the bridge? I think I was crying until that, because I felt her joy when I saw that scene. She was finally free after 1300 years and she is ready to start a new. She was sad about leaving CS, but we will all eventually leave each other, and she has so much more to look forward to, a new life and that promise to meet again with CS. And in general, her happiness is a good image to put in your head when our own loved ones go. That was great acting by IU.

I also dont think of it as a very sad ending for CS. Our boy is strong and smart, and he already showed that he was coping up at the end of the episode. To experience a love like that, and to know in himself that he is capable of giving the love that he gave MW, and that he was able to free her and let her go peaceful, is a blessing for his life. Of course, he will miss her, but in no way do I see him living a miserable life. He will thrive and be happy, and he will look back at those memories with awe and fondness.

And it is not really open ended. In a show about eternity like this one, that ending is the closest one you can get :) They said their goodbyes and the main arc about MW finally moving on to the next life is fulfilled, that chapter is closed, the journey of the characters can continue... but that is another story :)

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 5

any my girlfriend is a gumiho fans in here? that scene at the park reminded me so much of the ending of mgiag. since this drama was supposedly conceived around that time (and in my own head the hong sisters dramas are somehow connected), you can just assume that the deities granted MW the same favor they gave Mi Ho if you want a happy ending

and the deities played a trick on us again, we were all speculating whether CS was CM. there was even that theory that CM was the comedian, but it turned out he was CS.

and the theory about CS being a hotel owner, in another dramaverse, CS grew up to be Kim Soo Hyun, so if fandoms wil be crossing, that theory turned out right

and Oh Ji Ho in the past, I don't know why I am so fond of having him in this drama, but I am

and that bit about being reincarnated as a side salad, so cute

and I am now listening to a lecture on time and existence, because the show got me really curious (cant read german and I wont understand it anyway according to CS)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Told you guys.... the end was gonna be like that  :glasses:

It is not a kind of superhero movies or kid-fantasy stories where mostly the stories twisted with whatever happy-ending plot devices the story writers can find...

Since the ep where MW and CM bid farewell, the most sensible story line is like this.

But this what makes this drama a great one.

Albeit the theme is fantasy, the whole story reflect to what are happening everyday in real life. Although the message is very "hard and heavy", it is well-delivered : letting go

I guess I have to let go this thread too :D It's been fun reading your posts guys, thx u

• Like 5
  • Love 8

Just finished the series. Out of all the dramas I've watched since I started watching K-Dramas back in 2014, this is by far, the best one I've seen. The music, the characters, the scenes, everything about it is just spectacular. This is definitely not your typical K-Drama whatsoever. This show went beyond what we would normally expect from a K-Drama. I definitely wished that this was a much longer show, but all good things must come to an end. Thank you IU and YJG, for bringing this story to life for all of us. Thank you for be such fantastic leads. Thank you for making all of us cry. Thank you for everything. Hopefully we will see you two again together in another drama in the next life. :bawling::heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 8

I wake up to read everyone comments. Now that I know it's not a reincarnation but CS's imagining of their next life, I am satisfied and actually, I love the show more.

I agree with everyone that this really realistic, tough-hard truth kinda ending and themes are the best aspect of this show despite it being a fantasy genre. I won't have time to watch the final episode until later today (after work) but I will be prepared and will post my thoughts on the final episode. 

• Like 7
  • Love 8

I screamed. I had forgotten he was supposed to be in a cameo. Cried so much then I screamed in shock.

Don't know how you guys are supposed to even comment. Bad or good. I couldnt even watch the episode once Hyun Mi died. I was crying too much.

There. No coherent post even. Bye.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, lollyminx said:

1. Does that mean that they MAY have to wait for another 1,300 years to see each other again? I don't like that bit because it's too long. I like CS's imagination better, that MW comes early because she didn't want him to wait (I like their convo here). Also, why don't they just keep reincarnating, like everyday, so every woman in the world has their own Goo Chan Sung. :lol:

No, it does not necessarily have to wait for 1300 years. May be in the next 50 years, or next 100 years, both will be reincarnated in the same lifetime, after CS also has gone to afterlife this lifetime, they may meet again. I'm thinking they will always find each other again because Pink Mago seems hesitant to answer about their ties. I bet they have always been the fated soul mate.

The narration by MaGo when MW crossing the bridge seems to imply that they will always find each other again and love again.

It was a fun ride chingu-deul. 

My heart still ache for our ManChan, that i still feel the sting, but i have to learn to let go too. 

"IT TAKES MORE COURAGE TO LET GO THAN TO HOLD ON"

Till we meet again in another forum chingu-deul.

ANNYEONG ~~~~

• Like 7
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 3

I still havent watched the drama, the downlink is yet to be uploaded... 

Aish, again depress to hear, it was his imagination. Sigh, it was a fantasy drama... it wasnt meant to be realistic  in a way, so they could have their happy ending if the writes wanted to do so... So what price did CS have to pay for loving MW? Letting her memory of her torture him?... i wish MG would give CS someone who looks like MW in the world... there is supposedly 7 persons who looks like one of us in the whole world... ok, where did i hear that before?  Haha... 

But glad to read that CS gave the drink to NR, as she is still young and clingy and she can move on with her life, her new life with someone else's family. 

Sometimes i feels its rushed writing eventhough they claimed it was written years ago, maybe because they were still shooting the drama the day before the broadcast... aigoo, i do to know... i just like my drama to be happy ending (i just finish the Chinese drama, Put Your Head On My Shoulder, parrallel watching with HDL, that drama was slow, but its funny how i rather have the ending without them showing the leads becoming parents, because the leads are just too young! Haha)... 

Its funny there is a lot of IU's photo with everyone in the afterparty but not much on YGJ? 

Congrats to HDL for achieving 12% ratings... the highest of its run? 

• Like 6

Finally. Since watching episode 15 I worried that the ending might have been a sad ending but instead I felt relieved instead. The fact that it is an open ending is much more meaningful for me. It just shows how much sacrifice and love Chansung has for Manwol. I finally understand what Mago said about the price Chansung has to pay. For Chansung to be left behind and remember about Manwol is the the heavy price he has to pay but also a blessing. His love for Manwol is probably the reason he will continue to move forward, the time he spent with her is so precious that losing any memory of it will make his life so empty. Chansung has always been a righteous character with optimistic mindset. He will live the rest of his life treasuring the memories and keeping the promise with Manwol so they’ll see each other again. 

I’m satisfied with the ending and how they wrap up the story. Loved how I can see Chansung and Manwol ties. When both Manwol and chansung asked why Mago chose chansung, the answer is Mago didn’t choose but chansung chosen it himself. It was fate that brought them together in the past and once again in the present. Chansung has always been destined to save Manwol. 

The look Manwol has on the bridge, the fact that Mago revealed they have ties left, comfort me a little bit knowing that they will see each other again. 

Last, many asked about the physical romance not present in this drama. Although i wished To see more romance scene, kiss scene of our leads, the natural of the drama seems like it’s not appropriate for those kind of thing. Especially when Manwol loved for 1300 years, and chansung is such a mature guy, their love is more like of an old couple. Their love is more of empathy, understanding and sacrificing. Putting any more physical intimacy scene in could make their love shallow. 

Although I would love to see Chansung and Manwol with a happy ending and seeing them enjoying their life without worry about death and parting, I can see why the writers chose this opening ending. 

Let’s just hope IU and Yeo Jin Goo meet again in  different drama in the future and give us their amazing chemistry, happy ending and lots of physical romance that we all want. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2