[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

All I have to say is no no no. Like the ending is just too sad. They will meet again in the future. When. How many years. Why does CS have to continue to suffer. I hate sad endings!

That being said I will need to watch it tomorrow to gather all my thoughts. 

• Like 3

I just realized that the full moon drawing on the palm (which CS did to indicate that he belongs to MW) was done by MW first in their past lives. MW unknowingly marked CS to be hers and it transcended for thousand years and all the lifetimes CS had. It was not like the deities chose him but more like MW chose him herself :)

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, smoothoperator said:

Second..let me rant a bit. Unlike many of you, I don't like,no, I hate the ending. There are soooo many possible scenarios. At least make them stay together until old because MW time has moved again, she can grow old right? And CS can go together to afterlife with MW not sending her off and being left behind. MW already tortured for 1000, isn't it enough hongsis? Real life already very sad why dramaland need to be painful like the real world.

MW is technically dead actually because the Moon Tree suck the remaining life out of her and tied her soul down. So, she's stuck between life and death. 

Someone said that human can see her. Yes, because she show herself to them, just like the others. BUT, she can show herself longer than the others but the limit is like 24 hours. She must always go back to the hotel, else the tree will "chase" her anywhere she be. But, if she didn't show herself, human can't see her. Just like that time on the rooftop before JiWon jumped off. He can't see her. 

The meaning her time will flow again is when her deep resentment that causing her bound by the tree appears right before her again. She has to face the same feeling, the same rage she felt before she was bound to tree and hence she need to resolve her grudge: which way it would be, it was her choice. And thankfully, MaGo already had CS to turn MW's heart around from destroying herself. 

And also thankfully, CM stayed as firefly instead of reincarnate as a human like YS and Mira. 

And therefore, once she resolve her grudge, send off CM, the Moon Tree release the bind, she needs to cross to afterlife.

A human wouldn't need to resolve grudge the way MW did and won't cease to exist by MaGo even if she kills if she is a human.

The MaGos won't bother so much about her. 

She need to go to reincarnate. Lingering in the living world would cause her cease to exist as her soul's energy is running out. 

But, everyone has their own opinion. 

For me, though I'm satisfied with the way Hong Sisters explain and clarify the big questions, I don't really fond of open ending. 

But, the words and promises MW and CS made narrated by CS kind of comfort me a bit. 

The drama is about life and death to begin with. No one can defy death, but they are clinging onto the hope to find each other again in another lifetime through reincarnation (I mean the context of the drama).

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 9
  • Thanks 2

thank you all my dear HDL chingus :kiss_wink: for the funny speculations, for the hope of naughty romances, for the anger, for the tears, for a happy ending and many many more!! :bawling: i might rewatch the whole drama again.. and then, come back here to re-laugh at our chats! :grin:

• Like 3
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 1

my thoughts after Ive watch it with subs  

but if I will based on your posts I like to think that both MW and CS did meet again through different time. as per snippets of the drama, I feel that the HDL family did reincarnated or its just CS' imagination..but I still need to watch the subs though.Im quite happy and satisfied with the ending though they could have done much  better.btw, what happned to Yuna?? Id like to hold on to CS/MW that somehow someday they will meet again.

and OMG! KSH entrance as the new owner in the epilogue made my heart flip flops!:blush: one handsome gent! ❤️

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Thank you early streamers for the recaps. I was crying so much just reading what was happening :tears: I am going to have a box of tissues next to me when I watch it later with subs.

I will be back with my final thoughts.

I don't know how many of you will be back to check on this thread. Just wanted to say to those of you leaving now. It's been fun. Hopefully, we will meet again on another K Drama forum :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

33 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

Hi chingu, sorry if I put LOL because indeed I found you funny due to the sad ending. I'm always like you, crying so much at sad ending especially the dramas I like. So I know I will be crying buckets from your description. Sad.......

Chingu yaaa... prepare yourself a box of tissue. I don't mind about the LOL, but the scene those three leaving and finally MW leaving piercing my heart so much.

Yeah, I am a drama itself. :lol:

Luckily I watch through delayed streaming site, so I can pause, wipe my tears (since I can't see a thing with tears welling up in my eyes, blew my snot, and continue watching. huhuhuhuhu :tears:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Hmmm she didn't get to ride a nice car? She just walked? Why didn't they make it so that she can just live out this life with him, thought her time resume and flow again. Feel terrible for CS seriously. LoL wonder what he did in his past life to get such a sad one this time around.

• Like 2

MW and CS farewell (it was a long scene actually but here is some cut scenes of it)

https://tv.naver.com/v/9721175

(full version in naver tv site)

MW: I just want to stay and be with you. I want to keep seeing you. I don't want to leave you. When I tried to act cold, I can't ask you to cling and ask me to not go. I'm sorry.
CS: Back then when you told me that to not feel lonely when you left, were you lying?
MW: At that time I wouldn't know that I will like you so much. I... I didn't know that I would fall in love again, like a fool. I have never think about something in the future, but the only thing that I can say to you is this. Let's meet again in another lifetime. We have to meet again. Okay? (CS nods) Gu Chan Sung, for taking care and protecting me, thank you
CS: Goodbye. Goodbye Jang Man Wol.

--------

This is my last translations for this drama. For the last 2 months, it was fun. I apologize for any wrong translations that I have wrote. Korean and English aren't my first language and I translate to the best of my knowledge of the language.

I enjoy reading the discussions and theories in this thread while waiting for new episodes to come. It made the waiting time felt less longer and I found new things that I have missed when I watched the drama. 

Hope to meet you all in another drama~

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

I don’t know I should cry for him or be happy for him ( he supposed to love the school that much ) :mrgreen:

but seriously he should have learn decades of knowledge bu now ,couldn’t  he  reborn as graduate why high school every-time , MW needed to learn some numbers , she should reborn high school student :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Meggie said:

All I have to say is no no no. Like the ending is just too sad. They will meet again in the future. When. How many years. Why does CS have to continue to suffer. I hate sad endings!

That being said I will need to watch it tomorrow to gather all my thoughts. 

I think everyone had a good ending but CS. Cos this life time for him is so sad. He just live this life with all this sadness and memories then next life they meet again. Still don't understand what he did in past life to have to suffer this life. :/ 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ooooh just realized they could have made a montage of all MW and CS's future lives:

• First, the one shown: MW and CS sitting on a bench
  • Married MW and CS with children in a living room
  • MW and CS on a vacation in Sanchez' yacht
  • IDK, maybe professor MW and CS a college student in class, with CS daydreaming about her :lol:
  • MW and CS in an office setting, falling in love and giving each other dirty looks
  • MW and CS bumping into each other in the street and looking like they fell in love at first sight
  • MW singing in a lounge and CS drinking there, hearing her voice and getting curious until he sees her
  • MW moving in a new place and meeting CS the landlord :lol:

It would have been perfect seeing them as different people in different lives, but still meeting over and over again and in love or about to fall in love. :wub:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

This is my last translations for this drama. For the last 2 months, it was fun. I apologize for any wrong translations that I have wrote. Korean and English aren't my first language and I translate to the best of my knowledge of the language.

I enjoy reading the discussions and theories in this thread while waiting for new episodes to come. It made the waiting time felt less longer and I found new things that I have missed when I watched the drama. 

Hope to meet you all in another drama~

You are the best Chingu! Your translations were always enlightening! :thumbsup::star:

Both languages also not my first language, but the fun of sharing with everyone here what we could know of from the limited knowledge we have of the language was quite rewarding with all the responds, the laughs, the frustration, the argument, the cry, the rant, and the tease. Hahahaha. It was such a lively discussion we had.

I originally intends to wait until this drama finish because of Hong Sisters, but because there is IU, and I found the teaser showed the charisma of her character, I tried watching the first two episodes.... and hooked, and that's when I came to this forum.

I usually only choose 1 forum even though I watch and follow multiple dramas. 

I will stay for a little bit more to read more of other chingus' final thought.

I have another drama I followed ending too in next week. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3