[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

I sincerely hope that uri Manwol give a little sneakpeek of the future......

I mean even in 40 years later, we still have Instagram right..... ^_^

it will be cute if they make a sequel of hotel blue moon haha... but this time MW and CS is just passerby who help the hotel sometimes.... then we have love triangle... lol..... then CS when he met KSH was like... wait.. you look familiar .... ^_^ 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

For me, it doesn't matter if that last part was a reincarnation, imagination or afterlife..as long as they're together in the ending. :blush: I am already good with it. Overall, I will miss this drama!! This drama has been my weekender!! Huhuhu. My Saturday and Sunday is not complete without my ManChan couple!!

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Argh... I can't type anything for like 15 minutes because my eyes hurt so much from all the crying.

Mannnn... you guys need to brace yourself! I cried a riverrrrr....noo... it's an ocean for the whole length of episode 16!

I bawled my eyes out! Dang!

But, I write some point to..maybe clarify certain things.

1) CS and his father (the merchant) saved MW in the past. Actually, technically it was CS who found MW still breathing while his father packing up their things. 

2) So, in one part when CS talks to MaGo2, he said he always want to ask this question: Why do you guys chose me? Why me?

MaGo said while pointing to CS's chest: So, you haven't have your last dream huh? Thus, back to the hotel, coincidently MW also feeling sleepy, CS just carry her to the bed and pat her to sleep (ohhh my heart! :wub:), they dream their past connection together. Then, Pink MaGo came to the hotel to search for the scissors she lent to the bride in the past to cut the red string.  CS said, he kept it. Pink MaGo ask him if he has any wish she could fulfill to thank him for keeping the precious tool. Should she cut the his red string so they won't have to cross path anymore? CS eagerly asks MaGo if they will find each other again another lifetime? Pink MaGo said she couldn't give the answer to that. So, CS ask for a special wish to have the winter in the garden. Then, he and MW look at the snow falling. And MW said to CS, she dreamt of him just now. And CS draw the fullmoon symbol on her palm and answer exactly like kid CS who saved her. Then,came the realization to MW that he was the one who saved her and they have walked through so long in life to meet again like this.

3) The ending scene.. it translate to the promise MW and CS made to each other before MW depart: in another lifetime, they will find each other again, and look at each other and hug each other (just like the ending scene). It is not a reincarnation scene. But, the hope to find each other again in another lifetime and they wish that would how they will be.

4) I cried so much when MW leave! Dang! "That time I didn't know I will love you like this. I didn't know I would be able to love someone again" (referring to time when she coldly ask CS not to be lonely when she leave). "I never care to say till we meet again before. But, now, I really want to say this to you". Maannnnnnn

I cry again when typing this! Need to stop for awhile. Will come back later....

SOBBING AGAIN........:bawling:

• Like 5
  • Sad 8
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm back in time for the last episode of HDL. I tried to stream it live but internet wasn't kind enough so I had a lot buffering. I watched a glimpse of the farewell scenes and I cried. The bond between MW, SB, SH and HJ were so precious. Even if MW didn't show it, she cares for all her staff. She tried to act cold but inside, she was so sad to let them go.  When she was sobbing after reading SB's letter for her and finally let her cold act went away and hugged SH when they're saying goodbye, I cried together with her

Kim Sun Bi farewell scenes

Spoiler

Short story SB and the 2 ghost writers team up and write a novel together. They release the book and it has a good sales. 
MW and the rest of hotel staff sit down together and SB serves them a drink. 
SB: The book has good sales and the two writers have left while smiling. This a cocktail that I made with my grateful heart. Please enjoy.
(CS, HJ and SH enjoy the drink while MW is frowning.)
MW: I told you I don't like 'tears'
SB: But this is a speacial kind of 'tears', so please have a taste
CS: What kind of 'tears' is it?
SB: It's farewell tears
(it was cut in this clip but SB said that it's time for him to go since he has no regrets left)

SB: You have worked hard. I'm sorry for leaving first
SH: Good bye Kim Sun Bi
SB: (HJ hugged him) 70 years have passed yet this boy is still acting like a baby
CS: Good bye

(SB and MW just look at each other without saying anything. SB get in the car and left.

Inside MW's room, she found a glass of tears cocktail and short parting message from SB.

SB:' Ms Jang. For protecting my name and made my story into a beautiful one, thank you so much. This is my way of gratitude to you. A moon who looks cold but actually warm hearted and kind.'

MW: It tastes awful

and then she breaks down in tears.

Ji Hyun Jung farewell scenes

Spoiler

HJ: Ms Choi. 
SH: Oh?
HJ: It's time for me to pick up Hyun Mi. Tae Seok has called me.
SH: I'll tell Ms Jang that you are picking up your sister
(HM has passed away. Her spirit is looking confused)
HJ: Hyun Mi, your big brother is here.
HM: Big brother! (she walked outside and met HJ in her younger self)
(they hugged each other tightly and YN saw it)
HJ: Do you know how much I wait for you? Let's go
(HJ and YN both hold back their tears)
HJ: Yuna... (YN ran away because she can't hold back her sadness anymore. HJ just stood at his place while listening to YN's cries

(HJ arrived at the hotel with HM. He said last moments with MW, CS and SH. They don't say anywords but have an understanding look. SH gave him a last hug).
YN: Grandma! (calling for Ma Go) Grandma! You can take away my remaining years away, so please hear my wishes.
(HJ is waiting for YN and before he gets inside the car, YN calls for his name. She gives a bouquet of flower and say her farewell with him)

Choi Seo Hee farewell scenes:

Spoiler

I can't find a full scenes of her farewell with MW and CS. So here is a quick recap:

She told CS to not wear his tiger suit ever again. To MW, she remembered her first time meeting with MW and how MW stopped her from killing her ex husband family. SH was grateful to MW. She wants to say goodbye with smile, but the moment she opened the car door MW called her name:

MW: Ms Choi. Can I give you a hug? (she move forward and hugged SH)
SH: I told you that I want a happy farewell. But you make me cry

SH: I've been wanting to hug you.

MW: Ms Choi, you have been comforting me in many ways. Thank you

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

Argh... I can't type anything for like 15 minutes because my eyes hurt so much from all the crying.

Mannnn... you guys need to brace yourself! I cried a riverrrrr....noo... it's an ocean for the whole length of episode 16!

I bawled my eyes out! Dang!

But, I write some point to..maybe clarify certain things.

1) CS and his father (the merchant) saved MW in the past. Actually, technically it was CS who found MW still breathing while his father packing up their things. 

2) So, in one part when CS talks to MaGo2, he said he always want to ask this question: Why do you guys chose me? Why me?

MaGo said while pointing to CS's chest: So, you haven't have your last dream huh? Thus, back to the hotel, coincidently MW also feeling sleepy, CS just carry her to the bed and pat her to sleep (ohhh my heart! :wub:), they dream their past connection together. Then, Pink MaGo came to the hotel to search for the scissors she lent to the bride in the past to cut the red string.  CS said, he kept it. Pink MaGo ask him if he has any wish she could fulfill to thank him for keeping the precious tool. Should she cut the his red string so they won't have to cross path anymore? CS eagerly asks MaGo if they will find each other again another lifetime? Pink MaGo said she couldn't give the answer to that. So, CS ask for a special wish to have the winter in the garden. Then, he and MW look at the snow falling. And MW said to CS, she dreamt of him just now. And CS draw the fullmoon symbol on her palm and answer exactly like kid CS who saved her. Then,came the realization to MW that he was the one who saved her and they have walked through so long in life to meet again like this.

3) The ending scene.. it translate to the promise MW and CS made to each other before MW depart: in another lifetime, they will find each other again, and look at each other and hug each other (just like the ending scene). It is not a reincarnation scene. But, the hope to find each other again in another lifetime and they wish that would how they would be.

4) I cried so much when MW leave! Dang! "That time I didn't know I will love you like this. I didn't know I would be able to love someone again" (referring to time when she coldly ask CS not to be lonely when she leave). "I never care to say till we meet again before. But, now, I really want to say this to you". Maannnnnnn

SOBBING AGAIN........:bawling:

Many thanks for this! I am enlightened now!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Well i guess its something realistic the way hong sister end this drama.. No matter how much manchan love each other they can't fight the fate and even Mago can't do anything cause MW already dead when she being tied to the tree... All the frustration aside i like how it being played.. CS saved MW in the past and he also the one that send her off.. Its sad but in real life sometime we can't get what we want and thats really show in their writing in this drama.. 

Whether CS imagination or even afterlife i think he always will love and remember the moon that used to shine in his heart.. I don't think CS will move on cause his story with MW is one of a lifetime love.. I love how he loves her so much that he let her go but in the end he being left alone with all the memories but he rather have that than nothing at all.. 

Also i don't think CS eat the medicine cause he still can see ghost that Mago give flower so i guess up until the end he want to keep the gift that MW give... 

So what we see at the end is what CS and MW hope when they being reborn?? Damn thats really hurt my heart.. Its their only wish to see each other again. Manchan love really bring tears to me even if its fictional.. 

I among the one that feel frustered because we did't get a kiss scene but looking back their love is so much more.. I think hong sister can write a lot of kissing scene but they won't cause its not just how manchan express their love.. I think i get that when watching their farewell.. But their love story really is beautiful in so many way.. Thank you hong sister for write this story and let us know manchan.. :tears:

• Like 5
  • Love 6

2 minutes ago, Lily92 said:

Also i don't think CS eat the medicine cause he still can see ghost that Mago give flower so i guess up until the end he want to keep the gift that MW give... 

Yeap! I think so too! Because, that's the only "space" where he could remember MW with (from the narration).

One a lighter note, I laugh so hard the way MaGo alter MW's memory about CS who travelled the time and helped her from her debt 200 years ago. :joy:

MaGo altered his look into Kim Joon Hyun.

The scene MW and CS eat the cold noodle, CS asks MW how come she happen to particularly like KJH.

MW said he looks so much alike someone she knew long time ago, who drew the tiger-like map of Joseon and showed her which place has specialty cuisine. Hahahahahahahah... CS is speechless with MaGo and MW bark at him for lying that it was him. Hahahahah

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

i think you can consider happy ending if you want but also sad and bitter sweet ending..meaning yup for this life CS will be left alone,maybe he will find another love or maybe became single hot hotelier till time he meet the grim reaper to take him...but what im sure he will never take that medicines cause even it hurt remember someone you love but that memories also became part why you live...so like how MR and YS somehow became destiny and like how the past MW said how KSB an ancestor already recantation few times..im sure like their dialog state they will meet again and maybe at that time they had better destiny....and im sure JMW will always be JMW and since she already done good thing im sure she born as rich family girl while he born as you know clever havard guys

• Like 8

Hi guys..this is going to be my first and last post in this forum

First of all..thank you for all recappers and funny posts from all of you.

Second..let me rant a bit. Unlike many of you, I don't like,no, I hate the ending. There are soooo many possible scenarios. At least make them stay together until old because MW time has moved again, she can grow old right? And CS can go together to afterlife with MW not sending her off and being left behind. MW already tortured for 1000, isn't it enough hongsis? Real life already very sad why dramaland need to be painful like the real world.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

Hi chingu, sorry if I put LOL because indeed I found you funny due to the sad ending. I'm always like you, crying so much at sad ending especially the dramas I like. So I know I will be crying buckets from your description. Sad.......

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

Yeap! I think so too! Because, that's the only "space" where he could remember MW with (from the narration).

One a lighter note, I laugh so hard the way MaGo alter MW's memory about CS who travelled the time and helped her from her debt 200 years ago. :joy:

MaGo altered his look into Kim Joon Hyun.

The scene MW and CS eat the cold noodle, CS asks MW how come she happen to particularly like KJH.

MW said he looks so much alike someone she knew long time ago, who drew the tiger-like map of Joseon and showed her which place has specialty cuisine. Hahahahahahahah... CS is speechless with MaGo and MW bark at him for lying that it was him. Hahahahah

Oh no! So she actually liked Chansung (in some way) all along! That's brilliant! :lol:

I'm fine with the show not showing/guaranteeing that they'll meet again in their reincarnated lives. I'm happy with their show endings: that Man Wol didn't get turned to dust and so can reincarnate, and that Chansung didn't die prematurely. Even if they reincarnate, they won't be the same people anymore. To me it's enough that they could meet in this lifetime and love each other that way (although a few more kisses wouldn't have hurt :P), and have Man Wol leave the world without her resentment and guilt. I don't consider it a tragedy that they had to part ways; that's just life. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 6

Hi, long time lurker here coming out to express her frustration. I’ve decided I cannot just pass by and leave no traces :D. I just can’t help but wonder why CS has to suffer. Knowing that he lives the rest of his life without her is just too heart breaking.

I must admit I’ve been ignoring every sign this drama has hinted towards the ending because I felt it was only right that after all the suffering, MW would be granted a happy life with CS. I fooled myself into believing the Hong Sistsers were only teasing with all the recurring “letting go” messages and they’d never not allow these two to have a sad ending. I sat back at all those mellow scenes and rolled my eyes. And now i regret it because I could have loved the drama more had I known their end was really approaching. I hate it when dramas focus so much on one conflict only to dismiss it easily in the end as though it shouldn’t have been a big problem to begin with. So I’m glad HDL didn’t do that. My only regret is that instead of feeling their pain of losing one another, I kept thinking to myself, “they’ll end up so there’s no need to be sad.” I could have let it sink in and allowed myself to immerse in their story. I guess I never crossed that line with them. I’ll have to go back and rewatch this drama to appreciate it on a deeper level. The ending definitely makes me sad but it makes the drama a more beautiful and remeberable one. My heart will ache for this couple for years to come. 

Edited by Heretorant
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

I believe if MR and YW can meet again, so will MW and CS. Both MW and CS know this can happen but it takes time and patience.  I think the deities would have pity on them and they will meet soon.

I know it is corny and trope-like at the end when we see all the staff members again in the same space in the park. That was the big hint that it was not real and most likely CS's wish.  But, I still smiled when I saw them all happy and at peace with life.

Ahh...at least they sat next to each other and it was not a staring competition.

#smallblessings

It has been a good ride.

I will look forward to seeing this episode with subs and I'll have my tissues ready!

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Lol I normally don’t wake up this early to watch a kdrama.. I didn’t even put an alarm on since I wanted to watch the subbed version later but for some odd reasons, my body just wakes up on its own when it airs live... Totally weird but I guess this is how much this kdrama has affected me... Going back to bed now! Hopefully the sub is available when I wake up laterrr

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

@lightbringer06 , @RiceGirl1212 @vangsweetie637 , @juju84 , @berny2 , @angelbeast90 , @Ellander88 , @Joseph Lim , @Angelica Claudia @annamchoi , @wenlhy , @Harry97 , @kaxx , @stella77 @gilaswan , @dazzylin, @lollyminx, @sadthe1st & @lu09 & every one :relaxed:

I enjoying the thread & drama with you , let’s see each other in different life haha oops mean drama :joy::mrgreen:

5d6bdc2868082878728821.gif?download

• Like 6
  • Love 15

So if what CS see in the end is only hope of what they would have if they meet again its safe to say that the real ending is when CS send MW off.. I need a tissue to do this cause the hurt that they felt during this scene just broke my heart.. They suffer a lot but the deity give pity and make them feel a true love.. In the end all of the hotel staff got a closure and left in peace so for me its a great ending.. Whatever may happen in the next life we will never know but this life they both love each other so for me its enough..

If there is next life I hope KSB will reborn and became a great person again , CSH will reborn and have babies again , KHJ will reborn and meet Yuna again and lastly i hope CS will find MW again.. They all deserve that after what they gone through.. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5