[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

To comfort myself, I am scouring Twitter to find gif of some ALMOST romantic scenes :rolleyes:

That tight hug!

The spin

The sulk and disappointment

@vangsweetie637

RIGHT??!!

I mean, they are professing their love to each other! Why didn't the director just improvise a bit and add at least a 5 seconds kiss and make it still during the moment to end the episode!

Ugh! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

30 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

different between men & woman :joy::mrgreen: men from sofa & woman from bed :joy:

In that scene, I was expecting them to really sleep together. Not do it, but I mean, sleep together on the same bed... but then it didn't happen. :expressionless:

23 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

After watching RAW, why couldn’t we get a kiss at the ending scene? Perfect moment it was!

13 minutes ago, Ellander88 said:

I mean, they are professing their love to each other! Why didn't the director just improvise a bit and add at least a 5 seconds kiss and make it still during the moment to end the episode!

YES! I was also thinking of the same thing. It could have been a sweet kiss after saying "I love you," but no. AGAIN! MISSED OPPORTUNITY. I've never watched a series that I like that had so many missed opportunities as HDL, TBH. :expressionless:

10 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

HAHAHA...I think at this point, the level of our thirstiness is at this...

I sound like a perv all the time but there's just something too lacking in the romance department about this series that makes me frustrated. Because I've watched other series that I like that did EVEN LESS romance than what they did here in HDL, but I was never frustrated like this. The kissing scenes were done at the right time in those series, and the long wait was worth it. But here in HDL, it doesn't feel that way.

It just feels like a series that keeps on missing the mark. Is it just me? :pensive:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Up to today episode 15 is my favourite one. This episode has everything it needed: A little of fun, sadness, revealing and love. For the first time with HDL I cried. Tears were just running unconsciously when I watched how our boy’s life was ended and how he did his revenge. Graduation ceremony and team building afterwards were very touching and beautiful. The party scene of conversation between Sanchez & CS was hilarious, so was the “move-in” announcement talk between the three :lol:

• Love 6

Just now, lollyminx said:

I sound like a perv all the time but there's just something too lacking in the romance department about this series that makes me frustrated. Because I've watched other series that I like that did EVEN LESS romance than what they did here in HDL, but I was never frustrated like this. The kissing scenes were done at the right time in those series, and the long wait was worth it. But here in HDL, it doesn't feel that way.

It just feels like a series that keeps on missing the mark. Is it just me? 

No, not just you~ :P. It's like when you necessarily don't want that much romance, they give you more than what you want. And yet when you want sooooo much more to happen, they give you less. So frustrating ! :confounded:

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

In that scene, I was expecting them to really sleep together. Not do it, but I mean, sleep together on the same bed... but then it didn't happen. :expressionless:

I think all this 

5d6aab0160693300183162.gif?download

from soompi not working :joy:

• LOL 10

CS-ah...

All Man Wolie needs is your first move. 

You can still be a gentleman hotelier :glasses: 

Stop using socrates method :sleeping:

If MW knows it she will not paid your education to harvard.

She prefers to call DMJ to tutoring you :D instead.

Dear God, Bless MW 1300 yo soul AMEN

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, RiceGirl1212 said:

I don't think IU has ever done any steamy scenes. I joke around for that type of romance but based on the characters I am satisfied if it is implied but not explicitly shown.

I really don't think IU would ever do a super steamy scene just cause she is also an idol singer and well you know there is always an image you have to up hold. But I think from her recent track record people are seeing her and appreciating her as a multi-talented entertainer. I don't  know if her Nation's Little Sister title is still so entrenched that people wouldn't be able separately her actions as an actor.

Any IU stans here to fill us in?

To me, reading the body language, and from my fifteen years of serial dating before I got married, I'd say the stiffness in the romance scenes comes from him not her (though she responds in kind) and it's not because he's not capable, or unattracted to her - he's overly attracted to her and he's awkward and embarrassed because of it.  So he's posing rather than acting in those scenes.  Their love scenes or hugs or head on shoulder all seem carefully posed for the camera.  He's not acting, because acting pulls from emotions and physicality a lot of the time and he's being careful not to let that happen.

No I'm not saying they're in a relationship!  I'm saying he's a 22 year old man who is possibly intensely attracted to his beautiful co-star and trying to avoid showing it to her and the world watching them! So he's going through the paces and poses mechanically.  

Anyway, that's my instinct.  Could be wrong.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5

I think about the romance part is the writing at fault cause i get why we don't have that many romantic scene cause both of them is not a puppy love stage.. All their romantic scene result from a heavy feeling and essential toward the story.. All the hug and hand holding meant something and not just for the romance part.. Its just we all need a little bit more :naughty:

Also for IU i think this is the most comfortable pairing that i seen she have.. And i think YJG have the most fun on set with IU so for me if there is need to do a intimate scene both of them can do that without any problem cause they are professional.. The only thing i notice is that for any other scene they goofing around but for a kiss or hug both of them look so shy and awkward after that.. Its cute though lol...

Just look at how red YJG face... 

cr @iudel0819

How many time he have to lift IU and its not even the one IU posted in insta.. But both of them seem so happy and just make me go soft... :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 4

8 minutes ago, Lily92 said:

How many time he have to lift IU and its not even the one IU posted in insta.. But both of them seem so happy and just make me go soft... :wub:

Oh, and I'm sure YJG didn't have any problems lifting IU because she's so thin and petite...HAHA. If she's wearing some sleeveless dress, you can see how tiny she is :D. And of course, uri YJG might have been working out as well :tounge_xd:. If only we were given a chance to see what's inside those suit jackets he always wear :kiss_closed:..and if he's been more daring like Lee Hun in TCC, we might get to see something like this...

YJG.jpg

...and when he does something like this :kiss_wink:

tcc.gif

7 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

We are thirsty but not like these two 

Our guy :joy:

& 1300 MW would end virgin ( so hong sisters have mercy on them  )

MWAHAHA...omigod, what if they stay virgins at the end? But wait...are they? I mean, CS had Mi Ra once and MW, for a thousand years, she never had any flings whatsoever? :tounge_xd:

• LOL 10