[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

29 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

I can't wait for HDL so I decided to watch 4-Wheeled Restaurant, and OMG. Uri Yeo Jin Goo is so precious. In the first episode he had to drive a food truck. It was his first time to drive in Thailand. He did a CS there by looking calm while driving, and then when they reached the destination, that's when he sighed in relief and you can tell he was nervous but he didn't show it while driving. :D

And he's in charge of money there, just like CS is responsible for HDL's finances. Hahahaha HDL should come sooner or I'll go crazy :D

His works look very diverse, I am excited to see them. Thank you HDL for bringing YJG to my attention.

IU as well. I mean IU has been getting a lot of praise throughout the whole series, but I think she was really intense in ep 14, I was in awe of her.

@berny2 I really want to answer your question about the turning point, but for me, it was just there, like logically he would be in love with her, if I was in that situation I would be, it was not visual, it was not a point, it was this spectrum of feelings that went from being strangers to lovers, which suck, because I really want to find a point to counter all the "zero chemistry CS" argument, but I have nada. all I know, is I dont have any doubt that he does love her. I can point out attraction points for MW-CM, YN-HJ, MR-YW, even SB-SH (hehe), but when I compare my certainty of their love vs CS' love right now, I'd say CS love is more concrete and stronger for me :) I guess the same way we did not see SC and Veronica fall in love, but we know that they are :)

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

11 minutes ago, aria26 said:

His works look very diverse, I am excited to see them. Thank you HDL for bringing YJG to my attention.

Yeah, I hope he continues to do surprising things in the future. Now that I've seen him in a show like 4 Wheeled Restaurant, I hope they do a reality show like this with IU (she was in Hyori's Bed and Breakfast). I just want them to keep on working together. :D I want to see them in a cooking or hospitality (i.e. Bed & Breakfast/Korean Hostel in Spain) variety show together where we could see them as who they are (well not really since these shows are also edited) and not just as characters. I'm curious to know if they work well together too even outside acting.

They can also sing a duet or something. :wub:

11 minutes ago, aria26 said:

IU as well. I mean IU has been getting a lot of praise throughout the whole series, but I think she was really intense in ep 14, I was in awe of her.

She really did a good job, and not just in one performance, but her performance as MW throughout. From her facial expressions to the way she delivers her lines, it shows she really prepared to be MW. I love the little things she does like when she said, "I'm so embarrassed" to CS because her employees sa her worrying about him, or when she was talking to Sanchez while asking if Mira is pretty, and she turned around and mimicked choking Sanchez. IU nailed MW's character quirks. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

I just want them to keep on working together. :D I want to see them in a cooking or hospitality (i.e. Bed & Breakfast/Korean Hostel in Spain) variety show together where we could see them as who they are (well not really since these shows are also edited) and not just as characters. I'm curious to know if they work well together too even outside acting.

We can only dream, it does not seem to be usual in K-ent for actors to appear in multiple shows together :)

(I really want them to fall in love though and have ultra talented babies, but their age and all the nasty break ups around makes me not wish for it so strongly)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, aria26 said:

We can only dream, it does not seem to be usual in K-ent for actors to appear in multiple shows together :)

That's so sad. They can start breaking these stereotypes though lol and work together more :D

OMG. He's so like CS in that he's so dependable. He learned Thai for this show and he's been a huge help to others in the cast. :wub: My heart.

• Like 2

Just now, lollyminx said:

OMG. He's so like CS in that he's so dependable. He learned Thai for this show and he's been a huge help to others in the cast. :wub: My heart.

You are enticing me, I'll pause Circle and watch that now. Try the shoe giving thing he did for Vietnam too. It was so awkward, but it kinda shows that it was genuine

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, aria26 said:

You are enticing me, I'll pause Circle and watch that now. Try the shoe giving thing he did for Vietnam too. It was so awkward, but it kinda shows that it was genuine

I sure will. Hahaha I'm the type who watches all the projects of actors I like. :D I think you'll enjoy 4 Wheeled Restaurant too, you can see how Yeo Jin Goo is when doing hard labor. :D When you watch it, let me know if you also see what I'm seeing - the similarities between him and CS. :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, annamchoi said:

Article .

Glad to see them acknowledge  this because yeah, she is actually doing more work than the network itself in terms of promotion, and you have to respect someone who knows what the audience needs and is willing to do that in exchange for people's attention to the drama. I'm honestly proud that she's breaking the mold and using social media how it is supposed to be used to promote stuff and in a way reward viewres. 

New HDL BTS :w00t:

https://tv.naver.com/v/9667598

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, lollyminx said:

I sure will. Hahaha I'm the type who watches all the projects of actors I like. :D I think you'll enjoy 4 Wheeled Restaurant too, you can see how Yeo Jin Goo is when doing hard labor. :D When you watch it, let me know if you also see what I'm seeing - the similarities between him and CS. :D

EP1 was good. I was laughing so much. Even Boss Hong is a riot. YJG is like CS when he's not panicking (coming prepared with his Thai translations, having a checklist), but man, when he panicks, he cries, bwahahaha. Maybe CS at his first intern job where he intimidated the regular workers and they ganged up on him to make him do all the hard jobs, and he's not used to making mistakes or not being the best (because the MaGos are always taking care of him)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I just get why CS broke down in the last scene.. Not just because of the pain he felt but up until that moment he have something to hold on to.. The moon tree represent MW herself and to see that the tree finally dies just make it real that maybe she will never return again.. He does't know about the flower in his heart and i pretty sure MW don't know either so both of them just waiting for the moment the tree dies and she will gone.. That make all thing more heartbreaking for CS cause the only thing he held on in this world dies in front of his eyes and the possibility for MW to return keep getting smaller.. 

Mago should stop playing with CS/MW cause they been through enough and deserve a break.. I hope by putting the flower inside CS heart Mago will have a plan to give MW her happy ending with CS.. Please Hong sister make it a happy ending that will please all of us and for our manchan too..:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

12 hours ago, Valentina said:

Also Hi all, im new to soompi, ....  episode 13:  I think it’s more like they haven’t been given any of the cliche moments kdramas usually rely on to build romance with bg music playing every 5 seconds. The reason people were so convinced CM and MW had better chemistry was because they had those moments with the slow mo, longing looks, while CS and MW are given like 2 romantic scenes per episode. We didn’t even get the pleasure of witnessing CS actively fall in love with MW. So Jin Goo isn’t at fault for this, the Hong sisters are.

Hi chingu, welcome to Soompi :) and yes, I agree with your assessment :)

12 hours ago, laola said:

Well if i were to go by twitter it would appear so people think that MW and CM had some grand romance that ended with tragedy and CM should have been given the happy ending with MW.

Man, they are surely disappointED  the 'ungrand' romance right... hehehee... instead its betrayal and death :tears:

11 hours ago, laura_waterhouse said:

They weren't given the cliche moments, and I'm glad.

That is not needed with MW and CS because they spent the whole drama falling in love. So, I wont blame the Hong Sisters, they have given ample time to develop the love story.

True, but still we wanna see, skin-ships and CS can stop looking so serious all the time .... hehehe... yes, he is manly now and with others sneaking pictures of his abs, my thoughts are getting way ahead of me... ahhah

10 hours ago, Lily92 said:

What i like about CS rather than CM is how he actually always put MW first.. In the beginning we can see CS always taking care of people even the people he just knew and after he fall in love which i think when he realize she will be gone its always MW.. No matter what choice she made he always stand with her and if its bad he will try to make MW see why its wrong.. He knew he maybe will die for staying with her and he still stay for her.. The evidence how much CS love and trust MW is when he give MW the pin and told her to kill him just to prevent her to go berserk and perish.. His life is always on MW hand and he fine with that as long the woman he loves safe..

...its truly beautiful how CS loves MW and i hope we all can find our own CS in real life..:wub:

Hence, people like me, who have watched a lot of dramas, romance dramas at that, just wishes there are more CS and MW's scenes to show how he falls in love with her. Yes, I am aware that he began to respect MW though his dreams and how she actually wanted to help the avenged wronged death (if dead rich, with money but in the 1st episode, what did the police officer give her?, nothing right?) ....  hence CS slowly fell in love with her and wanted to be with her... 

10 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Since the last flower is in CS's heart, should we hope then for a happy ending? :wub: Because it only means as long as CS's heart keeps beating, MW won't cease to exist and maybe...when he dies, he and MW will both die and goes to afterlife. Of course, after making lots of ManChan babies...HAHAHA...

We all wait for such ending... though sound sad that both leaving together, but its still ok....

MAN CHAN / TEAM CHAN SUNG!!!  ALL THE WAY :D

• Like 3
  • Love 5

32 minutes ago, aria26 said:

EP1 was good. I was laughing so much. Even Boss Hong is a riot. YJG is like CS when he's not panicking (coming prepared with his Thai translations, having a checklist), but man, when he panicks, he cries, bwahahaha. Maybe CS at his first intern job where he intimidated the regular workers and they ganged up on him to make him do all the hard jobs, and he's not used to making mistakes or not being the best (because the MaGos are always taking care of him)

Hahahahaha you're right. I like that he's dependable like CS but also his mini break downs when things aren't going right are so adorable. Let me know if you get to the "Tangmo Pan" money maker part. He's so proud of his work. :D

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, berny2 said:

Y-aaaa!!!  chatting is not allowed on the sanzu river .....

mad0219.gif

:unamused:

I feel you. I looked at the video and didn't finish it. Haha. I feel like an irrational, angry, jealous noona seeing my baby brother's gf talking to her ex. Bwahahaha. 

On the rational side, it is nice to see IU being comfortable with people on the set. LDH is the same age as hers and I heard celebrities find it easier to work with people of the same age because there would be no need for honorifics.

• LOL 10

12 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Hahaha same. It does kind of feel that IU's a little warmer towards LDH. I wonder why that is. 

I think because YJG is much senior in term of work and to be honest both YJG and IU have the same shy and reserve feeling but we can see the effort YJG made to make sure IU feel comfortable enough.. Compare to the beginning they actually more close... LOL 

LDH is like her dongseang where she can make fun and joke with same like LTS..

I think she think highly about YJG cause its exactly how she act around her senior co star.. really thankful toward YJG to guide and actually let her feel comfortable in the set.. This set is the most happy set in IU recent drama and all the co star is close so i just glad she able to act with all of them..

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you GCS , i love you.... :tears:

Cr @circulate9oo

Text preview for ep 15.. Yep this episode will break our heart too.. I hope MW does't loss all her memory but held on to CS memory like she promised.. But what choice that CS will make to bring MW back?????? :o

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3