[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

On 8/27/2019 at 9:31 AM, berny2 said:

Hey guys,

When (in what episode, and event) do you think that CS started to feel something for MW? I mean his turning point.

Because the first few episodes he was really hesitant to work with her, and did not want to stay in Hotel del Luna.

:heart:

Attraction: the first time he met her on the subway

Interest: shortly after, amplified by her saving him from the evil ghost and starting to have the dreams

he also just gets her from the beginning... like the fact that as she is looking at the tiger she is thinking of her own fate

Love: ... a little more with each day... don't know if there was a big moment of realization... to me it feels like he always knew

rewatching a whole bunch of scenes from early episodes and the CS-MW interactions are even cuter on the second viewing...

there's a lot of nuance i missed the first time round...

For MW:

Attraction: the first time she met him on the subway

Interest: from the very beginning; you can see her becoming livelier just from having him around: how much she enjoys teasing him, and arguing with him... there's this spark in her eye around him that was was not there in any of the scenes at the hotel before his arrival. (also she wore a poop-brown dress for him. and bought him a car)

Love: I think she first realizes it the day after the tree started growing leaves, when she tries to send him away and he refuses. And she is scared shitless by the idea (before getting angry and leaving in a huff).

• Love 1
  • Insightful 6

Watching the series again from Episode 1 and I think they should go on real dates in the next episode and do all the couple stuff that MW wasn't able to do. She's suffered for 1,300 years and unlike CS, has never experienced being in a namja chingu-yeoja chingu relationship and what it is like to date in the modern world. I hope they have a montage of this happening. 

Also, whenever they went out, whether to a restaurant or theme park or cinema, it was always for work - I mean, dealing with ghosts and all that stuff. Only once did they go out on a real date, but it was also CS's 'reward' because MW agreed to do the dream call service. I hope MW and CS get to experience dating outside of work too, just them - going to the beach and eating webbed octopus or something. I'm also hoping for a wedding. Hahaha it's cliche but I don't know, I feel like it would be amusing to watch MW prepare for an extravagant wedding. :D Get her everything she's been deprived all those years - a real relationship.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

So i was reading another blog...and i was surprised to read that the author thinks there is a lot more Team ChungMyung supporters out there, rather than Team ChanSung? Is that true??

I would have though Team ChungMyung is lesser compared to than Team ChanSung?? For Manwol's Love, in case people dont know what Im talking about :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

So i was reading another blog...and i was surprised to read that the author thinks there is a lot more Team ChungMyung supporters out there, rather than Team ChanSung? Is that true??

I would have though Team ChungMyung is lesser compared to than Team ChanSung?? For Manwol's Love, in case people dont know what Im talking about :)

Yeah i read about that too, that CM is more favored and is more popular compared to CS. Not sure though on the accuracy of that, whether observation is based on Korean viewers or international viewers/fans.

It could have been on the first few episodes where he was depicted as someone awesome and enigmatic.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

I would say that up until episode 10 there were more Team ChangMyung than there were Team ChangSung because the dramabeans recap was a lot of people bashing yeo jin go's acting and their chemistry, saying CM was a better match since they had more intense chemistry. Once we got to like episode 13, where the truth about CM betrayal started being revealed, i think more people started being Team Changsung in the comment sections of certain websites cause they didnt agree with CM's decision, but there are definitely more vocal Team CM people than Team CS, you can see it from the youtube views on TVN's channel cause scenes with MW and CM have more views than with MW and CS. Same with Twitter, you can see more people feeling sorry for CM , than acknowledging CS

Also Hi all, im new to soompi, but I have been following this recap because i do love this drama. I want to post my thoughts on the chemistry thing. I posted it on dramabeans in a longer rant for episode 13: It’s not that CS and MW don’t have chemistry because I definitely felt it in episode 13, when he drew the moon on his hand and said he was hers. I think it’s more like they haven’t been given any of the cliche moments kdramas usually rely on to build romance with bg music playing every 5 seconds. The reason people were so convinced CM and MW had better chemistry was because they had those moments with the slow mo, longing looks, while CS and MW are given like 2 romantic scenes per episode. We didn’t even get the pleasure of witnessing CS actively fall in love with MW. So Jin Goo isn’t at fault for this, the Hong sisters are. We know nothing about CS as a person because his character in this drama is simply to be Man Wol’s “catalyst”, caring for her, bringing her people from her past, and preventing her from making cruel mistakes, so she can learn to love again and move on. CS is a side character main character if that makes sense.

Edited by Valentina
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 2

12 minutes ago, berny2 said:

Yeah i read about that too, that CM is more favored and is more popular compared to CS. Not sure though on the accuracy of that, whether observation is based on Korean viewers or international viewers/fans.

It could have been on the first few episodes where he was depicted as someone awesome and enigmatic.

Well if i were to go by twitter it would appear so people think that MW and CM had some grand romance that ended with tragedy and CM should have been given the happy ending with MW. Also lot of people think CM MW have more chemistry frankly i dont see either of those things and i believe that after 14 episodes the writer tried to show the difference between attraction and love also fate and choices. I think the point is that you might be fated to meet certain people  but the relationship and its out come is based on the choices you make.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

28 minutes ago, Valentina said:

We didn’t even get the pleasure of witnessing CS actively fall in love with MW. So Jin Goo isn’t at fault for this, the Hong sisters are.

This is exactly the reason why I've been hoping for more romantic scenes between CS and MW since their first kiss when MW distracted CS. From a viewer's perspective, I understand why this series didn't rate higher than expected. It's because it didn't bring that much "excitement" so to speak that should have been there in the first place considering that both the leads - CS and MW - will be falling in love eventually anyway. 

So as you said, maybe other viewers like CM better because MW and CM had that romantic scene by the lake. They also saw MW's excitement to see him, and then you have CM coming in as white knight to save her and later on, save YW.

On the other hand, whenever you see CS and MW it's always about work - tending to the ghosts, bickering - and at some point, I got frustrated by the lack of romance. Nevertheless, I understood they were in love because of the things CS or MW do without being said or shown in obvious terms. CS and MW's relationship is deeper (I'm team CS all the way), but it takes, should I say, an understanding of the things that aren't shown nor said to see how meaningful this relationship is.

So overall, the show just failed to show more romance I guess, but even then, I still like CS better because of his strength and heart, and for genuinely being in love with MW even without the physical romance to prove it (BUT I HOPE THEY MAKE UP FOR THIS ALREADY BY GOING ALL OUT IN EPISODE 15 AND 16, BECAUSE I REALLY AM DYING TO SEE THEM ALL PASSIONATE WITH ANOTHER PLEASSSSSSSE I'M BEGGING HDL STAFF)

For me, this is one of my favorite shows, but I also think it has missed too many opportunities to make the story better as it fails to reach that good mix of all the things viewers love and deserve. It's almost there but it keeps on missing the mark so I hope they bring it in Episodes 15 and 16 because I'd be sad if they waste more opportunities even after the actors (especially YJG) did well in the previous episodes. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Valentina said:

It’s not that CS and MW don’t have chemistry because I definitely felt it in episode 13, when he drew the moon on his hand and said he was hers. I think it’s more like they haven’t been given any of the cliche moments kdramas usually rely on to build romance with bg music playing every 5 seconds. The reason people were so convinced CM and MW had better chemistry was because they had those moments with the slow mo, longing looks, while CS and MW are given like 2 romantic scenes per episode. We didn’t even get the pleasure of witnessing CS actively fall in love with MW. So Jin Goo isn’t at fault for this, the Hong sisters are. We know nothing about CS as a person because his character in this drama is simply to be Man Wol’s “catalyst”, caring for her, bringing her people from her past, and preventing her from making cruel mistakes, so she can learn to love again and move on. CS is a side character main character if that makes sense.

I agree with you. They weren't given the cliche moments, and I'm glad. Director had to rely on those for CM because their screentime was limited, and MW and CM were meeting each other in secret so there was limited circumstances to show falling in love. They pulled the same thing with MR and YW, the staring at each other, to form instant connection. I think the director was deliberately avoiding this. It was so easy to do this with MW and CS, but I think it is the director's experiment. He must be sick of filming those scenes in his romcom too, instead of doing character development, the mandatory staring longingly trope have to be edited in.

That is not needed with MW and CS because they spent the whole drama falling in love. So, I wont blame the Hong Sisters, they have given ample time to develop the love story. I'd say it is the audience's preference at play. I guess more are enamored with that crush from the other office building that they share stolen glances with and friendzones the really sweet workmate who helps them and feeds them to finish a presentation or something. So look out for that CS in your life, they maybe so easy to overlook

• Like 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Lol, it is definitely normal to be split into different teams :D it is not the first time i have seen happen in a drama. Whether it is true or not is simply based on how someone views it. 

For me, i am not all in favor for CM although I understand his arc and story with MW. However i may be one of the few who saw the chemistry with CM and MW but it was not sufficient enough to convince me of their love. First, we only got snippets of MW and CM. We were shown moments of looking at each other, smiling, flirting and sweet moments. However, through these scenes i am made to believe that they were in love or had an interest in each other. Then it all ended tragically. We can blame it on their status or their decisions. Either way, this love ended like a horrible breakup. But this doesn’t mean CM and MW didn’t love each other. 

CM continued to love MW for 1300 years (which I believe some viewers found it as an act of love) but honestly, not only did he choose to remain a firefly but he was also bounded by a promise to YW and her. 

But personally, i love CS and MW. I saw their love grow individually and together. CS is not simply just a catalyst for her. He is the one for her. From the beginning, I believed that CS will be the right and true love for her in this lifetime. He is the one MW loves with all her heart because she grew to love him.

I am so glad their love was not based on cliche moments. That would be too boring for me. I like my heart to feel fluttered in unique ways. Not in ways that has been done way too many times. I am a person who doesn’t want to be molded to see love grow between characters. I want to actually see it grow on my own. And i saw this with CS and MW. Their gestures, moments, everything they did together, showed me how their love grew.

This is the kind of love stories I love. The slow, burning, growing kind that last a lifetime :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, lollyminx said:

For me, this is one of my favorite shows, but I also think it has missed too many opportunities to make the story better as it fails to reach that good mix of all the things viewers love and deserve. It's almost there but it keeps on missing the mark so I hope they bring it in Episodes 15 and 16 because I'd be sad if they waste more opportunities even after the actors (especially YJG) did well in the previous episodes. 

I actually very much agree with this. I think they shouldve have included more romantic moments between MW and CS ( I am also team CS), they didnt have to be cliche but there shouldve been more scenes lol and I think they shouldnt have tried to redeem CM's character. I felt like it was a cop out. If they had left the story line as CM really betraying her, the build up to episode 14 and the whole episode wouldve been better overall. 

There were many scenes of MW telling CS that she would use him, so she could get revenge and that CS could get hurt in the process. I wanted that to happen. I wanted her to go crazy trying to kill CM with CS trying to hold her back to stop her. It wouldve been powerful and emotional had many of the scenes they tried to foreshadow actually happened, if MW really did hurt CS while trying to kill the CM....all to finally allow her to let go of her anger, but they dropped the ball, so oh well lol

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Annyeong soompi friends! 

I am a guilty one for that. I am for Team Chungmyung. I got all the giddiness and fluttering feels when they are in one screen. Although bad situations happend in the past their invisible chemistry is always there for me. Mian -_-. I don't feel MW and CS chemistry. It is totally bland to me but that doesn't matter now since MW came back for CS. And MW already sent CM to afterlife. If MW and CM had a great ending in the past we wouldn't have this great story line now. 

IMG-20190827-202822.jpg

IMG-20190827-202837.jpg

As for the acting of YJG, for me ep 14 crying scene is convincing enough for me to sob:cry:. I think he is one of the actors that's graced with good acting ability since he was young until now. He carries the character of CS so well. 

IMG-20190827-204039.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20190827-204049.jpg

I am so excited for the last two episodes. I hope this will have a satisfying ending. Even it is not a happy one bc of MW situation (she'll eventually go to afterlife)  I hope for a satisfying ending. :wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 6

What i like about CS rather than CM is how he actually always put MW first.. In the beginning we can see CS always taking care of people even the people he just knew and after he fall in love which i think when he realize she will be gone its always MW.. No matter what choice she made he always stand with her and if its bad he will try to make MW see why its wrong.. He knew he maybe will die for staying with her and he still stay for her.. The evidence how much CS love and trust MW is when he give MW the pin and told her to kill him just to prevent her to go berserk and perish.. His life is always on MW hand and he fine with that as long the woman he loves safe..

Its not a puppy love or typical attraction in kdrama but a relationship that stable and mature with honesty around them.. Just the way they comfort each other show how much they love one another..CS loves MW with his own life and actually put a soul back to MW..its truly beautiful how CS loves MW and i hope we all can find our own CS in real life..:wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Just managed to finish eps 13&14...and , man, what is this drama doing to me and uri baby Chan Sung..

20190828-021618.gif 

I think HDL has made it its job to make me cry :sweatingbullets:...aigoo...

Haven't read all of your comments yet so pardon me if I may be repeating some of it^^.

THE CLOSURE. Finally now, both MW and CM paid for both their sins, CM being the reason of MW's greatest sorrow when everyone she cared about died, and MW for all the killings she had done because of it. Their ending is indeed very sad but that's just how it is, they were destined to meet but never fated to be together, not in this lifetime at least. It's just so sad that it took 1300 years for it to be resolved.

I know some of you might prolly be CM team but I've expressed since from the start that I am always on CS side. We all know they (CM&MW) did love one another but as to how deep that feelings they had, it was never explored much. So I guess my feelings for them as a "couple" isn't as invested as uri ManChan is. We all love differently, as both CM and CS are. Like some of you pointed out, CM's love was, yes, indeed quite selfish. He wished to go to a new country with both MW and YW and might be thinking of having a new life with them. Yet when it didn't turn out the way he imagines it and there's no way to escape the dilemma he's in (or at least that's what he thought), he says he's left with no choice, which is merely just excuses as YW pointed out. But was it really for MW's good? Well, we all know it turned out to be the worst. Whereas CS, well, what can I say, I believe there's no need for me to tell you since you all know it. He is exactly the opposite because his love is selfless. I'm not saying CM's love is wrong, there's no right or wrong when it comes to love, but it did come with a big price. They were all just victims of circumstances. 

In the end, MW's love for CS prevails, which only shows her love for CS is way deeper that of the love she once has for CM. CM is her PAST, CS is her PRESENT and her FUTURE (hopefully?^^). That's all that matters now. She had let go. KEUT. 

Since the last flower is in CS's heart, should we hope then for a happy ending? :wub: Because it only means as long as CS's heart keeps beating, MW won't cease to exist and maybe...when he dies, he and MW will both die and goes to afterlife. Of course, after making lots of ManChan babies...HAHAHA...

Also, idk if I'm the only one disappointed that MW and YW (YS) never even interacted at least once? I know he has nothing to do with MW in his present life but when he cried in the cab, I just felt like they should have coz it kinda still hurts. YW may be a past now but he is still in MW's current lifetime. I mean, a simple hi and hello would have sufficed..but...oh, well, I just have to let go just like MW...hahaha..move on, gurl~! 

Maybe when MW returns, only her memories of CS will remain. She may have walked the bridge until the point where her memories are only of CS and that's when she stopped. She needs to return now ASAP because I can't bear seeing CS breakdown...huhuhu...YJG is literally crying his heart out there...and then add Gummy's OST...double hurts :bawling:.

20190828-025925.gif 

I wonder also if they'll address in the last eps why the MaGos chose CS. Surely, it wasn't just because he happen to be there in front of 1st MaGo, was it? Since it was brought up in ep 14, I was thinking there's more to it...hopefully.

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, sohib said:

@vangsweetie637 u like the slow, burning and growing kind of story so u also must wait and like the slooowww room 404... if any. Lol

As long as room 404 is finally put to good use, my patience shall not waver:

tenor.gif

:joy:

43 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Just managed to finish eps 13&14...and , man, what is this drama doing to me and uri baby Chan Sung..

I think HDL has made it its job to make me cry :sweatingbullets:...aigoo...

THE CLOSURE. Finally now, both MW and CM paid for both their sins, CM being the reason of MW's greatest sorrow when everyone she cared about died, and MW for all the killings she had done because of it. Their ending is indeed very sad but that's just how it is, they were destined to meet but never fated to be together, not in this lifetime at least. It's just so sad that it took 1300 years for it to be resolved.

I know some of you might prolly be CM team but I've expressed since from the start that I am always on CS side. We all know they (CM&MW) did love one another but as to how deep that feelings they had, it was never explored much. So I guess my feelings for them as a "couple" isn't as invested as uri ManChan is. We all love differently, as both CM and CS are. Like some of you pointed out, CM's love was, yes, indeed quite selfish. He wished to go to a new country with both MW and YW and might be thinking of having a new life with them. Yet when it didn't turn out the way he imagines it and there's no way to escape the dilemma he's in (or at least that's what he thought), he says he's left with no choice, which is merely just excuses as YW pointed out. But was it really for MW's good? Well, we all know it turned out to be the worst. Whereas CS, well, what can I say, I believe there's no need for me to tell you since you all know it. He is exactly the opposite because his love is selfless. I'm not saying CM's love is wrong, there's no right or wrong when it comes to love, but it did come with a big price. They were all just victims of circumstances. 

In the end, MW's love for CS prevails, which only shows her love for CS is way deeper that of the love she once has for CM. CM is her PAST, CS is her PRESENT and her FUTURE (hopefully?^^). That's all that matters now. She had let go. KEUT. 

Since the last flower is in CS's heart, should we hope then for a happy ending? :wub: Because it only means as long as CS's heart keeps beating, MW won't cease to exist and maybe...when he dies, he and MW will both die and goes to afterlife. Of course, after making lots of ManChan babies...HAHAHA...

Also, idk if I'm the only one disappointed that MW and YW (YS) never even interacted at least once? I know he has nothing to do with MW in his present life but when he cried in the cab, I just felt like they should have coz it kinda still hurts. YW may be a past now but he is still in MW's current lifetime. I mean, a simple hi and hello would have sufficed..but...oh, well, I just have to let go just like MW...hahaha..move on, gurl~! 

Maybe when MW returns, only her memories of CS will remain. She may have walked the bridge until the point where her memories are only of CS and that's when she stopped. She needs to return now ASAP because I can't bear seeing CS breakdown...huhuhu...YJG is literally crying his heart out there...and then add Gummy's OST...double hurts :bawling:.

I wonder also if they'll address in the last eps why the MaGos chose CS. Surely, it wasn't just because he happen to be there in front of 1st MaGo, was it? Since it was brought up in ep 14, I was thinking there's more to it...hopefully.

I cried too when CS cried! Oh my heart broke when i finally saw him breaking down after putting up a “i am okay” facade :bawling:

I feel so much more for CS than CM despite the fact that MW loved CM at one point . For me, their love died on the day YW died. Her heart was filled with hatred. That’s why even after 1300 years and the truth, she didn’t feel love but more like relief to finally empty out all her resentment. She sending him off was her way to help him finally go to the after life too. Even though she could have just simply refused. We all know she has never really listened to the Magos so for her to do this task could have been for herself and for CM.

I was hoping for YW and MW to talk just for a bit too. Imagine if they become close like brother and sister again. I would love that. I don’t think we may get the reason to why CS was chosen by Mago although i hope we do. If not, i will just think that CS is a really good soul as we can see through the episodes. In order to counter MW, a good soul had to come and heal her too while healing himself (he is an orphan so i imagine he must be sad too). I just love his love for MW and i love how much MW loves him too. I think that is why we were shown MW turning away at the end from CM. In the end, CS comes first now. Not her resentment or will to kill like the past, but her will to love freely. CS is a lot deeper than the 1300 years she spent in hatred. 

Hahaha ManChan babies!!! Yes!!!! 

AW474374_03.gif

:joy:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, sohib said:

@vangsweetie637 u like the slow, burning and growing kind of story so u also must wait and like the slooowww room 404... if any. Lol

@sohib & @vangsweetie637 

After that kiss , We are thirsty, he thirsty , she thirsty 

5d6582e56144a058091469.gif?download

Just Lets put a spell on these two :mrgreen:

15669267431566926664.gif

5d65839983a8b342288413.gif?download

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 8

To be honest, I can see why people favoring CM, his love story with MW is more DRAMATIC (this is why people watch drama), heart breaking and the most heart fluttering moment is right before people start dating, People are curious how will they face obstacles such as status and duty, what happened in the past and what makes MW become evil.

CS and MW love story is COMMON it happened in REAL LIFE, less drama, more REALISTIC, unconditional, comfortable, spending time with each other and fall in love. But I never knew when CS and MW acknowledge loved each other, they gave me impression they are going to deny they loved each other and still teasing each other then one day they just confessed their love without any hesitation, which is surprising and I honestly felt awkward and cringe a lot when they confessed their love.

People already know they are going to date anyway. And I never worried it will have sad ending since the beginning, because they give off romcom vibe that's rarely have sad ending base on my experience:grimace:

I'm not saying CS and MW don't have chemistry, their story are made less dramatic and focus more on the ghost story instead of their love story, it's normal some people feel pity for CM because of their situation. And CS crying on ep 14 makes my heartache, I can really feel he is so lonely without MW.

• Like 2
  • Unamused 2
  • Confused 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3