[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

How to says Goodmorning to this World, HDL CG team introduced us to the most beautiful creatures in earth:wub:

Jang..jang...

fall in love with good uses of technology digital now, how they made such lively image so vivid .

IMG-20190715-162449.jpg

Bravo to Digital team:thumbsup:

Congratulations to HDL to reach a good ratings :kiss_wink:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@nrllee

Hi Chingu! Since it is still early into the episodes, I definitely agree with you that more will be revealed. However, in accordance to your questions, I will answer it with my thoughts on it :D

I don't think MW is an actual ghost. She is still alive but not entirely dead like the others. She may actually have no soul which can mean she isn't a ghost nor actually human. I am thinking she can appear when she wants to. It does seem like she is invisible to others and at times, she is visible. She wields quite some power and I am thinking that may have come with the responsibility of being the owner of HDL. She is not a mere human (which is why she cannot deal with things a human can do as mentioned to CS) but she is neither a ghost that can easily pass to the after-life. I am also wondering who the old woman is because it seems like she is more than meet the eyes. She seems to hold a great power too. She may have been the owner before MW but she still roams around the living and acts like a living. I am thinking she may perhaps be someone of greater power :huh: her flowers are what the dead brings to the Sanzhou bridge. 

I feel like the ghosts that stays at the HDL are either there to rest (finish unfinished business) or wait until they can go to the after life. Some are working for her which can indicate that they have unfinished business and will not go reincarnate. They choose not to go. And I think they are terrified of MW because her temper is worse than any of the other ghosts they have encountered. As I said, MW wields some unique powers since she is the owner of HDL. 

I actually found the fact that the coffin contained things instead of a body very interesting. Objects can be the connection to the human life (since it is their personal belongings) hence I am thinking that may be a symbol of all the people she have killed. It is the things that reminds her of her own sin other than the sword that did the actual killings. 

I don't really know how the manager role gets passed down too since it wasn't explained thoroughly. I think the places chooses the owner, as the old lady mentioned in the beginning that it has found a new owner. I doubt that the new owner will be CS. However, it is clear that the owner must be someone that can live up to the hotel's reputation (consoling the dead into the afterlife, wandering souls, etc). MW killed so many that she will have to live up to her sin by being surrounded by death. I agree with what you said. MW was already 'dead' hence it is why she was able to see the Hotel in the end. However, it also explains why she is not exactly dead or alive either. We have yet to see her actual death. Which crosses the line between living and dead. CS unknowingly becomes tangled due to his dad (who was also alive nor dead). This may be the connection. At one point, CS pays for his dad's promise for choosing to stay alive rather than dead (when he was already dead). CS is more lively than MW. And this is what may get MW's time running again (since it is mentioned a couple of times about her 'time' working again).  

@Yana Mujay the effects of the tiger was done beautifully and realistically! This is another highlight of HDL :D

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

Heyyy~ (waves) @ponderings :D

The Hakuna Matata thing was just random LoL. Did you watch the live action version of The Lion King?? I haven't, not really a fan-_- I much prefer the original animation. Lookin' forward to Mulan the movie though. Sorry guys for OT. 

'Cause In Rumpelstiltskin, the Queen was suppose to give up her child to the Goblin (I think?) if she could guess his name correctly, which she did obviously so the goblin vanished. Read more 'bout it here

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

IU is frozen in time. She neither ages nor dies while time flows by as her punishment. What if her clock starts ticking thanks to Jin Goo. But what if it means Jin Goo's clock will run out for hers to start again.

this will be too similar to About Time by Lee Sung Kyung.. i hope not! :huh:

@Dramanoona u can watch The Crowned Clown! haha YJG casted 2 roles in this kd.. :lol: alongside with Lee Se Young (she acted as Buja in Korean Odyssey also a TvN production).

the thing about not alive not dead only leads me to think, is she in a vegetable state? but that doesnt prolong her lifespan.. so i guess, MW has her life frozen the moment her sword n blood got “swallowed” by the tree.. :o the day when the tree starts to come alive and bloom fully, she might regain her life again..

i never relate CS to be the reincarnation of her lover.. although i dun really understand why the flashback.. she went for a massacre spree cos some bandits wiped out her village along with her lover? but if so, she just had to kill them all.. why did she continue her killings and collection of victory loots (in coffin) on her way to nowhere? was she looking for the inn with the hope to see the soul of her lover? :huh:

haha lots of questions but, like how TvN did Korean Odyssey the last time many things cannot be explained haha and thats also the thrill of watching fantasy productions.. TvN has loads of money so its going to be fabulous for sure!!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, Joseph Lim said:

Monday Kiz and Punch collaboration for Hotel Del Luna OST - "Another Day" MV

Have not had the time to watch episode 2, yet, but loving the OST already. So happy that Punch is sung for this drama, too. Love her singing for OST.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, juju84 said:

Hmm, the one thing that korean dramas taught me is that there is no such thing as fairly obvious.

It's common for the reincarnation to share the same face with the actual human. The exception was in *Mama Fairy*. But who knows... For me it's too obvious for GCS to be her lost lover wich makes it most improbable.

Besides we know there were two men beside her. I guess one was her lover and the other probably betrayed them. So if GCS is indeed reincarnation it's still open for discussion which one of the two he is.

one thing that almost every country's daily drama taught me.. expect the obvious :P  rare gems surprise you.. and hong sisters don't have the trend of "surprising"with content

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

I guess that could explain why her card is the Queen of Diamonds and not Hearts.  

thats for sure! she is supposed to be greedy (according to many sites synopsis) diamonds fit the bill better than hearts haha :lol:

i saw in asiawiki that the drinks stop old woman from long time ago and flower woman (same woman) is named as the God Mago.. there is still the Death Angel..

the 2 guys.. Ko Cheong Myung and Yeon Woo.. first is chief of security, second is MW’s right hand man.. so does it mean MW could have been a trader? that would explain why she is skilled in martial arts..

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

There's somethin' magical 'bout this Drama. Some of the plot come across as far fetched but then 'gain this is a K-Drama we're talkin' 'bout here LoL. And a fantasy genre at that.

Love all Man-Weol's wardrobe here, bein' an immortal ain't too shabbyB)

A bit of an emo moment with former Manager Mr. No's departure..:unsure: I love the banter between Chan-Sung & Man-Weol it's v.spirited like watchin' a tennis match or somethin' LoL! Is Chan-Sung her lover from a past life? As this is a K-Drama all characters are inter-related somehow~

Block B's P.O. as the hotel's bell boy is really cute. Ahahah Man-Weol's a foodie:D Gettin' The Master's Sun vibes from this too..

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, angelangie said:

more than awesome....i just totally love it :) 

Jang Man wol so obsessed with money and everything related  how to earn money.B)

she made a deal to sale her "service to" get "real payment " in human's realm is comes from her past intuition i think.

Like how she dealing with the Hotels owners to get the painting to place a Tiger soul  shown she has her own way to help a wandering souls to go to after live .

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes she became obsessed with money....however to me it seems like this is the only way for her to keep going and doing what she had been trusted into doing because she felt it is her responsibilities for taking others souls...

what was her reason for killing? there had to be a reason....there are sadness in her eyes when she the guy stab her.....it wasnt anger....it was sadness for the humanity lost. 

Agree with you:wub:

Her deep grieving over the deaths she was take made her wandering between live and death, her hearts maybe heavy with promised she couldn't paid that's way somehow she's never settled.

• Like 4

Spoiler

Times you're drenched with a tears

While watching drama...

IMG-20190714-213229.jpg

And then knocked out by reality :D

IMG-20190714-224713.jpg

So they've cheat Us:lol:

Or maybe because they're acting is so good that's make us grateful they're made character becomes alive.

Good bye to manager Noh .

IMG-20190714-224721.jpg

• Like 5

I think the tree want KCS to work in the Del Luna Hotel to be near JMW.

The tree bloom a flower when his dad enter Del Luna Hotel when it never bloom flowers for so long.

The tree, JMW & KCS may have link together in the past.

It blooms again when he is working in the hotel.

If they are past lovers, why MW did not recognise or sense him?

KCS may not be her past lover but his descendants. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

omg the scene where Mr Noh came as a guest to meet MW.. talking about his time spent at HDL and how he sees MW from a sister to a daughter to a grandchild.. i cried :tears: so touching.........

and i was laughing loudly when CS went to the ex hotel boss house and kept calling MW as “honey” pretending to be couple wahaha! (and she cant be bothered with his calling :lol: that was embarrassing!)

from the preview, seems like CS is really going to be the reincarnation of MW’s lover? just a matter of which guy now since there was 2 of them.. i guess she must have been a trader’s daughter or something isn’t it? the young MW was talking to someone in front of a tree.. when she wished she could just build a house and settle down instead of always on the move.. etc.

CS started seeing MW in his dreams.. was it after seeing the old tree? and it starts to grow leaves too.. and the hotel staff are worried that MW time will continue with CS in the hotel and plotting to get him out of the place?? lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

seeing ManWol made me reflects on myself too lols....sometimes i think we made ourselves seems bad to make it to a point that we didnt really care...

@Yana Mujay & @angelangie these need to reflect on themselves, even While dead the humans are selfish :joy: :mrgreen: , what is there to see if you dead  :tounge_wink:

Spoiler

1D021949-92D0-4666-BE56-6C523E12EAEB.gif

84333769-1F2A-4C69-A87C-734D7BF1A68D.gif

6F551C25-4DEF-44B8-BF50-22855A4FCAAC.gif

B6A47DB7-9AEF-4E6B-815E-3F2391F5B2CB.gif

D6DD97C9-A6E1-4654-A5DF-023CE9A61CCC.gif

A4BAACCE-3DB3-47C7-B4DF-71848B50AB4F.gif

Spoiler

6232FAA5-CE62-403C-BB83-0C5799EEC610.gif

E7BD4F6A-3A80-405A-80B0-2FD539E38753.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 3