[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

18 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

Doesn’t it feel like MW is the one leaving in the preview? I have a feeling that’ll happen in episode 14 as a cliffhanger.

I feel like MW will leave by episode 15 or even the first part of episode 16. :lol: That's because I think they will add filler episodes for episode 13 and 14 (the staff leaving one by one, tying up JK and YN's story), and then just rush the ending in the final two episodes. :lol::lol::lol::lol: 

NOTE: I refuse to be disappointed so I'm just setting the bar here really low. :D I'd be happy to be proven wrong. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@nikki7 ohh that would be unexpected and make things more unpredictable and interesting! But I remember the drama reminding us that the trio has to go before MW...so I think it is one of them etc. 

Yes- I am keeping expectations low but hoping for amazing at the same time lol. 

My fav aspect of this drama is bada** MW ending up with pure CS; amazing fun and funnies scenes, with a great dose of ghosts and life - relationship stories; it has gone by fast and can’t believe it is almost over! Edit 2: how could I forget the amazing fashion and our lovely leads - live them together.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

If it was SC in the car, the drama would be too upsetting for viewers. However apart from SC, I can’t think of anyone else that would make CS follows the car like that, except MW. If I had a choice, I’d rather have MW in it than SC. There are 4 episodes left, if MW leaves in episode 13 then there is a very high chance she’d come back since still 3 episodes to go. 

I also watched Arthdal Chronicle. When season 2 finished and I knew I had to wait nearly 2 months for season 3, I was like “Wth? It is complicated and confusing enough even watching it continuously”. Then I thought 2 months would be as long as 2 years. Now I really don’t want to say goodbye to HDL, post drama fever is coming... :tears:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Old post, but new to me; might be interesting for us latecomers. :) IU's DC Gallery shared their experience with her (and YJG) on June 5th, seems like they had their support food truck for IU at that time. Lots of fun details, they said she seems really close and comfortable with YJG.

https://4seasonswithiu.tumblr.com/post/185399899042/1-while-chatting-with-iu-actor-yeo-jin-goo-was

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Ondine said:

Yeah, he really looked like he was going to kiss her. :wub:  Man Wol's all cocky when she's teasing him, but when he called her bluff she got all flustered. Girl, you should have taken him up on his offer! Get him in your bed! :lol:

And I agree that he really shines in intense scenes. When they were fighting and he was telling her how he was so afraid to lose her...take all my feels! I think Episode 12 was his best work in the show so far.

HAHAHA....I'm still waiting for that sleeping scene of them. MW has invited CS so openly now, twice...boy, you shouldn't say no to that :P. Jump right in and get it over with :D,

13 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

After 1000 years, MW finally feels what it is to feel loved again. Her past with CM even though they liked each other, just ended tragically. This time, MW has to go through another tragedy and it’s so painful to watch:bawling:

the thing about this drama is that we are not given directly the reasons why scenes are occurring as they do. We as the audience have to connect to it and make sense of it. I don’t mind the fact that we got a short scene of CS mom or Sanchez’s girlfriend. In real life, if we were faced with such situations, we may even react the same way.

CM is the first love. CS is the true love. Why not end it with the true love?

I think that could be one thing, perhaps some people find the ghost side stories unnecessary or just out of the blue because they don't know that these little stories usually reflect to the MLs current situation or dilemma per episode. I actually think it's brilliant how they come up with it. Because if you can't follow, oh well, you are definitely gonna be lost :D.

Maybe it's about time CS use his Harvard scamming and talent to scam the Ma Gos...hehe...who told them to mess with their life? If they can mess with them, they should too :D.

• Like 9

@Joseph Lim was that the movie that dae woong was filming? Waaah. Actually, hong sisters characters sometimes appear as meta characters in their other dramas haha

So I had a chat with a real world friend about her theory on the ending, and she said that maybe Chan Seung will die and Man Weol will be left behind, the price is CS life. This would run contrary to CS sending her off, but they might do some symbolism on that, I dont know. I kind of subscribe to it, because Man Wol's grudge is her guilt for her gang(she could not move on because she wanted to give them peace in the Moon Inn and avenge them, but at the core of that is her guilt). If CS dies because of her, she would be guilty again. But she needs to be able to forgive herself. Maybe CS tells her it is alright or something. But the point is, she should forgive herself before she moves away from HDL. Dont worry about CS, he will be rewarded by heaven with overflowing karma next lifetime.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

The preview!! :bawling: please, stop breaking my heart! 

CS looked so sad when running after the car. I think one of the trios are in the car but man, why does it feel so sad?! Previews often give us scattered pieces. But ManChan moments so sweet. Aye. My heart.

the long wait for the weekend :persevere: it is only Tuesday here. Work is long, too.

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Ondine said:

review translation:

Thank you for the preview translation! No worries guys, even If uri MW-shi, will be taken to Heaven I'm sure there be no time before they'd send her back. I mean it's too expensive to support this woman with all the champagne, caviar, swarovski and mood swings.:lol:

But seriously I doubt MW will go voluntarily before the evil spirit is vanished. The preview is surely misleading as always.

On the lighter not, I'm also as many of you here is of mind that CS is due to become the next del Luna's director.

And it brought to mind this scene. What if the roles are reversed and this time CS will go recruiting MW's reincarnation as the new manager? Just imagine him in his tiger print suit and oxford shoes seductively cornering MW in an empty metro cabin.

He is coming closer and closer, bends down to her face and.... she says *Ahjusshi, are you a perv?!*:unamused::lol:

But than again if MW ever becomes the manager I'm afraid uri CS dies from overwork or goes bankrupt.:joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

58 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

:joy: mr brown can’t stop bragging that he mean a lot to her :joy:

SPOT ON! :D CM may be MW's first love but that's just about it. CS, on the other hand, is MW's first everything else including the kiss. :D

I love this scene too. CS's intention was to prove how much he means to MW and he was satisfied. Too cute. :wub:  It's CS's turn, however. Can he prove how much MW means to him by wearing that tiger suit in public? :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

:joy: mr brown can’t stop bragging that he mean a lot to her :joy:

This scene was filmed on his birthday too ...:lol: he got red car, the champagne package, and baby shark cake 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

SPOT ON! :D CM may be MW's first love but that's just about it. CS, on the other hand, is MW's first everything else including the kiss. :D

@lollyminx :mrgreen: spot on & also  he move all the hotel staff heart too :joy:

I love when they say he make their dead heart skipped a beat :lol: , these beautiful smile making a miracle :tounge_xd:

5d5c2f31905ac168819260.gif?download

@berny2 you forget big presents from the hotel team :joy: team cheers :lol: 

5d5c3070e5f61076148213.gif?download

@vangsweetie637 why you drinking in different hotel , when we have a bar in our hotel :joy: , you may need this big bottle & don’t share it with @sadthe1st she become bad when she drink :mrgreen:

5d5c32825bbb4959451350.gif?download

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

@lightbringer06  I agree with you heartedly!! CM was the first love and the past.. that ended tragically..CM will be the true and last love ..Will love that MW will end up with the latter..I believe it is CS who made MW happy iand  love again and  even  if his life might be  endangered he will stay and protect her.

CS is the forever  love of MW .He is her everything..that is why for the first time in her 1000 years, she got scared and afraid of what might happen to CS.. for example, she freaked out upon hearing HY news..and when she saw him walking in front of them she immediately check his heart if he is still alive or a ghost..

We all know that we may not have the happy ending we wanted  ..but in my heart Im still hopeful though that our otp's  fate will change ..a life of being together happily ever after..a lot of things might still happen with the 4more episodes we got .

MW deserves a second chance in life and love.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Ondine said:

Old post, but new to me; might be interesting for us latecomers. :) IU's DC Gallery shared their experience with her (and YJG) on June 5th, seems like they had their support food truck for IU at that time. Lots of fun details, they said she seems really close and comfortable with YJG.

https://4seasonswithiu.tumblr.com/post/185399899042/1-while-chatting-with-iu-actor-yeo-jin-goo-was

My heart is thumping thumping from the YJG section. IU is so sweet. She really takes care of him. And it is good that he is younger because she does not have to be careful showing off her care.  If I remember correctly, there is a bts with passerby who said IU is pretty and IU said YJG is handsome. She really tries to include him and make him feel comfortable.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, not sure that I understand why CM had to "betray" MW in order to save her life, but I missed a couple of episodes in the middle, so I definitely missed some flashbacks. If anyone wants to fill me in on that, I would be very appreciative.

Hey @stroppyse! It hasn't been explicitly shown why CM had to betray MW, but there's a voice over in the  brief flashback in Episode 12 when Mago and the GR were talking by the tree. In the VO, you'll hear YW tell CM that he has to keep the facade of betraying her to save MW or something like that. I don't know if this will be explained later on or the show will let viewers assume. My guess is CM had to pretend he just used MW because if the princess finds out he fell in love with her, the princess will execute MW. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Ondine said:

And I agree that he really shines in intense scenes. When they were fighting and he was telling her how he was so afraid to lose her...take all my feels! I think Episode 12 was his best work in the show so far.

Oops..I forgot to actually comment in this one from my above comment. And omg, you and I are the same because that's actually the scene for me too..when they were fighting and he was crying and upset and the all emotions. And yeah, he really shined in ep 12...hope to see more of that side of him.

10 hours ago, lollyminx said:

By the way, why do I have a feeling CS will be wearing the tiger print suit when it's time for MW to leave, which is sweet but also sad at the same time.

..oh, you might be right...gah, I really don't wanna see him send her off but that would be so sweet of him if he does wear it and am pretty sure he will...just so long as to make MW happy :tears:...

10 hours ago, nikki7 said:

Doesn’t it feel like MW is the one leaving in the preview? I have a feeling that’ll happen in episode 14 as a cliffhanger. But it could be a good thing as we got another 2 episodes a week after. That means there are possibilities they will meet again...

Maybe. This previews are usually misleading. And like someone said, if you noticed, the previews they normally show right after Sunday covers both the episodes of the upcoming two eps (in this case 13&14). So it could be right, if it turns out MW is the one leaving, then it might be the end of ep 14.

10 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

to-date we have only seen souls leaving on foot and bus to afterlife, those in limo goes to heaven.. i highly doubt MW will get to leave in a limo.. oops! :tounge_xd:

then if she did leave in a limo to heaven.. she will probably come back down from heaven to find CS and continue their love! let’s see.. leopard prints skydiving suit down from heaven suits her style isn’t it?? LOL :joy: that will be a cool ending!! (but kind of cliche like KO..)

Oh come on..limo?..bus??..nah ah...this is Man Wol we're talking about..it's gonna be..

giphy-2.gif 

NYAHAHA...she'll probably insist to at least own an airline before she goes since she didn't get her hands on the yacht....

9 hours ago, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

I also watched Arthdal Chronicle. When season 2 finished and I knew I had to wait nearly 2 months for season 3, I was like “Wth? It is complicated and confusing enough even watching it continuously”. Then I thought 2 months would be as long as 2 years. Now I really don’t want to say goodbye to HDL, post drama fever is coming... :tears:

Me too!~...I just decided to watch HDL at first since it replaced Arthdal Chronicles' spot and I was like, "why not watch it while waiting" but I didn't expect I'll actually be instantly hooked ^-^...

@annamchoi Totally agree. She may have existed for a thousand years but only after CS came did she learn to love again. We all know she harbored feelings towards CM but we don't know the extent or depth of that love, was it as simple as a crush?...or is it deeper than that? Whereas in the case of CS, we all witnessed how she warmed up to him and slowly opening her heart whether she wanted it or not. I can say when she loves someone, she loves unconditionally, albeit she can prolly use whatever means she can to protect that love. Remember that scene where they all thought that the water spirit (Nam Da Reum) was asking for CS as a human sacrifice and how MW was so furious and was about to go catch a human in replacement of him. That's how far she can go. I won't have any problem with CS sending MW off as long as it would be when they're old enough together. Even couples don't go to the afterlife together since one of them will certainly be going first. And I wish to see them have a normal life too. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe the preview of CS sending someone off could probably go these ways...

= it might be a dream of CS of when he sees MW off

= or it really is MW

= probably one of the three hotel employees (but I still doubt he would go as far as run after it)

= Sanchez... (and if....IF this really is the case, I'm gonna...tenor-5.gif 

..I mean, how could they possibly do this to CS, gods or not, fate or not...it's just utterly unfair. He's like the only family he has.

Speaking of fireflies, we had this superstitious belief growing up that if there's a firefly/fireflies, there's a ghost in that certain area where they are..ha ha..I always admire the beauty of the lights they emit but when I think of that, I can't help but think that there might be a ghost ..kekeke...and so I flee...:lol:

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

On 8/21/2019 at 6:12 AM, stroppyse said:

This drama is actually making me so sad.

Btw, not sure that I understand why CM had to "betray" MW in order to save her life, but I missed a couple of episodes in the middle, so I definitely missed some flashbacks.

There are still many things that haven't been shown yet and these create more curiousity.  Even the one that have shown also need to be watched again since there are clues, hints and explanation that we might miss the first time we watched.  That what happened when I watched it again on our local cable tv last night with my sisters who were just starting to watch it.  Can't help but became the unwanted narrator in between the scenes... ha ha... (It will be Ep. 4 tonight)

BTW, I am also saving some of the questions that I currently have ... by waiting patiently for the next episodes.  The preview is interesting but I rather not make any assumption .... since it can be too overwhelming for my heart.

Credit to the owner

• Like 5
  • Love 3