[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

20 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

Told the truth i just wanna enjoy this drama as it is, but after last night's episode found myself been drowning by huge awesome feelings, surely you could tell this drama is not about a fantasy horror romances this'll be a kind traveling lost souls who buried a variation story to tell, the highlights  is what JMW says while stabbed by the man she was shoot "Who am I to fight him? I was the one in the same situation who unseated :cry:the swords surely humans couldn't see her/his own faults" this line is so thoughtful and get me high hope to see another humanity side story.

We will, they did say that we will get new ghost experience in every episode.... :glasses:

We’ll be showing how each person became a ghost and tell their life story,” and “It’s not just going to be scary, there’s a humor to it that is signature to the Hong sisters. We’re working hard to create a drama people can relate to and heal from.”

Credit to the owner

• Like 5

What a masterful a fight scene by Lee Jieun the ACTOR:wub:

How Jieunie slashed the opponent moved in half round and stabbed the another ones deepest the swords in the opponent limb with all her might full of grudges and sadness feelings ended with big rounds kneeling moves...wooow..

What an acting...Jieunaa:thumbsup:

Lee Jieun an convincing Swordswoman skills :wub:

Wow.

• Like 7

Strains of moonlight sonata (Beethoven) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_Sonata_No._14_(Beethoven) :lol:.  Very clever. So many parallels.  Original name for the piece is Piano Sonata No. 14 in C minor "Quasi una fantasia"

Excerpt from Wiki 

The first edition of the score is headed Sonata quasi una fantasia, a title this work shares with its companion piece, Op. 27, No. 1.[4] Grove Music Online translates the Italian title as "sonata in the manner of a fantasy".

Many critics have objected to the subjective, romantic nature of the title "Moonlight", which has at times been called "a misleading approach to a movement with almost the character of a funeral march" and "absurd". Other critics have approved of the sobriquet, finding it evocative or in line with their own interpretation of the work.

A melody that Hector Berlioz called a "lamentation"

So far I like it.  Quirky with gothic elements of Harry Potter, Tim Burton... :)

• Like 4

The scene where Oh Ji Ho (the dad) plucks the flower and gets in trouble with IU reminds me the original story of Beauty and the Beast (original story is different from Disney's). Because Oh Ji Ho steals something from IU, she makes a deal with him. His son has to pay for his deed. The gender roles are swapped if you compare it against the original Beauty and the Beast story.

The narration of the grandma in the beginning totally gave me the Goblin vibes of how that particular story was set up. 

I am totally digging these few compilation of story telling and look forward to the next episode!!!! 

And IU's wardrobe is to die forrrrrrrr! 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Really love the choreography of the swords fighting scene how the director detailed the movement and the high CGI quality blended well with  Jieun depth expression in such requem of pity sadness wars.

The eyes who's told there's  no ways  to avoid  inevitable sad moment.

"Just live even you feel wanna to die"

IMG-20190709-031053.jpg

Is not about decision it's about responsibility

:bawling:

• Like 5

Wow! What a premiere! I love it!

it got me scared and then laughing! Im loving the ost already too!

@thistle hi chingu! I just decided to watch it online. For some reason, Viki still hasn’t uploaded it. It’s usually never that slow :blink:

@Yongzura hi chingu! So happy that we will be watching this drama together ;)

@ktcjdrama chingu! You are here too! Yay!! :D

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Agree with the Beauty & the Beast similarities @ponderings I also get some other fairytale references to Rumpelstiltskin..?

I'm LoL at the sight of a terrified Chan-Sung running with his luggage! Which appears to be empty? The way he held it seemed like it was hollow LoL?! 

I like the "Moon" connection with IU~

From Scarlet Heart Moon Lovers to the Grand Hotel of the Full Moon ahahah. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Just finish episode 1. Very good start & rating opens at 7% - awesome.

IU is simply gorgeous and the scene where she gets close to Yeo Jin Goo... RAWR.

The Hong sisters really like ghost-related stories, haha. A bit of Master Sun's vibe there. Good ol' times that one...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

54 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I'm LoL at the sight of a terrified Chan-Sung running with his luggage! Which appears to be empty? The way he held it seemed like it was hollow LoL?! 

I convinced myself that Chan-Sung is very strong and regularly lift weights for exercise :grin:

• LOL 3

im v impressed with ep1 :D the cgi is really cool.. assembling the hotel from scratch, then extending its height to accommodate more guests during the full

moon.. wow! and how lively the gold gem snake came to live and snare its fangs! :lol:

IU is really pretty with all the flair and class! and she’s so funny with her disappointment when her diamonds get halved and halved again..

the scene when she was just feeling dejected after being stabbed.. such a poor thing :( i know she wun die, but she is just there, feeling hopeless with humanity.

its going to be a fun stay at HDL! the hotel crew are going to have their stories to tell when YG works with them! the lady taking care of the beach pool.. she said she cant take the bus to afterlife yet she still has something not settled i wonder what that could have been.

• Like 7

Love the Episode 1 - the moon, the tired heroine and the setting... I thought of IU last drama, thinking is this a continuity? :grin:  

Hope that they rope in some dealings with the princes in the future for fun.

Back to HDL, great vibe from the drama and hope it goes well till the end.

• Like 7

So looks like this is the first Hong dorama without the love-line or romance? Since there is non in the drama genres or the relationship diagram. Such a pity:( I mean it would be a total waste of their potential as a pair!

IU and Jin Goo have such an awesome chemistry:wub:

• Like 6