[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

3 hours ago, kboramint said:

It's hard to feel sad for Veronica's death because we only know her in this episode. If she was developed throughout the series then maybe I could of felt the impact of Sanchez's loss. She just feels like a ghost of the week. I think that's the problem with most of the characters in this series.  

I love these forums because we get to see the different reactions of people and realize that our own perceptions are not always true for everyone. For me the, characters in the series are so alive on their own, the small amount of time onscreen gave them enough personality that I can imagine what they are doing offscreen. Every ghost story has also touched me. The father and son who got hit by the car, I did not need to know any background on them to feel the worry, guilt and sympathy for the driver. As for Veronica, I was really sad mostly because of Sanchez' pain. Thinking about it, they did a good job familiarizing us with her, they've introduced her early on, then they made CS talk to her on the phone like a good friend. For me, she was part of the gang that I never met but always hear about, so she was also a friend. But maybe even without that background on her,  seeing Sanchez' pain from her loss, made me feel the pain too.

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

Korean Odyssey ended with disappointment lol and its also a fantasy under TvN :rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with the ending of Hwayugi, it actually makes sense to me because these were immortals and their story will just continue beyond the series (even beyond the human's era on earth), but that whole drama just lacked the laugh-out-loud Hong Sister's comedy and poetic writing in general, I skipped so many parts even in Ep 1.

• Like 7

Just now, dj.soul said:

Wish I had access to TVN right now, haha.  Dying to know what's happening.  Why did manager get injured??

He got into a scuffle with the murderer who realised CS was onto him and tried to kill him with poison. 

• Like 3

Just now, gilaswan said:

He got into a scuffle with the murderer who realised CS was onto him and tried to kill him with poison. 

Ooh.  Interesting.

Spoiler

Has it been explained that the guy is possessed by that evil spirit?  Do we know who she is?  Or was he always murder-prone and the spirit just woke it up or something?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yana Mujay said:

Mw bring a bunch of...medicine to cure just little scratch...lol

5 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Wow. MW went to the pharmacy and came back with bags of meds to treat our injured hotel manager! 

Aww this is just cute! Seeing MW in a frantic :)

• LOL 2

9 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:
Spoiler

Question 6...do you mean an encounter in their past? Here it is...and it literally is a very brief encounter :D

20190818-104925.gif 

I actually think their encounter in the modern day is just like a mirror of the past..only difference is YW isn't taking anything from Mi Ra forcefully..ha ha..

HDL-10-6.gif  

Am not sure about no. 7..but looks like he is not?...since I haven't watched ep 11 yet. However, been reading all the posts here and there's not a mention of any reincarnation.

Thanks for that!  I was wondering if I missed anything, but I guess not!

• Love 1