[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

Could the coffin contained YW? Only him, she will guard his body for dear life. It definitely can't be CM.

IU & YJG has a mysterious  onscreen chemistry...it's not explosive yet there's undercurrent running quietly n serenely. They don't gives the vibes of Noona & donsang either.  Neither vibes of good friends. Their relationship in the drama is kinda hard to describe. CS upright character and MW wilful character on the surface ... they can get under the skin of each other yet they compliment each other. YJG projects a very manly and protective vibes in CS character. He is a scary cat yet he shows his strength when it calls for even though he has jelly legs. Hahaha

I wonder what will be their chemistry onscreen when they kiss. Will it be passionate one or a press lips kiss?

We know that the bell boy is waiting for his sister to passed on to go heaven with her. So what's holding the bartender & lady housekeeping back? 

• Like 9

Congrats to the fullmoon.long IG site for having half a million - ie 500k followers!

While im happy for HDL... (even overtaking WWWSK's ratings) I'm sad to read the news coming out from Malaysia where the search for 15years old special needs teenager, Nora Anne, has ended with the discovery of her body this morning. I have been following the news since it was reported and had prayed for her safety and growing extremely worried as the S&R entered 10th day. Please Rest in Peace, Nora... :(

• Sad 4

12 minutes ago, berny2 said:

The one posted on this page (a few posts above) from tp_littledream twitter account.

Edit: Saw the additional link in your edit. Aww, that's sweet of her. And she used a ManChan photo!

• Like 7

The coffin JMW was dragging never contain any body... only of trinkets from dead people she killed or got killed because of her. 

As for CS being the reincarnation of CM, I am in the camp of that not happening. I doubt the writers/producers would make it so complicated by using a different face when the others have appeared with the same face. 

My best guess for now, the tree is CM. In the past we speculated that it was YW, but now that YW appeared in modern days, the tree could be CM. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Firefly is the captain and he is not Chan Sung. I am confident firefly is not finding his way to the afterlife. There will be hell to pay for him which he deserves. I am not sure how our brilliant writers are going to redeem this character's character. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The coffin JMW was dragging never contain any body... only of trinkets from dead people she killed or got killed because of her. 

As for CS being the reincarnation of CM, I am in the camp of that not happening. I doubt the writers/producers would make it so complicated by using a different face when the others have appeared with the same face. 

My best guess for now, the tree is CM. In the past we speculated that it was YW, but now that YW appeared in modern days, the tree could be CM. 

Hi chingu! 

I agree. No bodies were in the coffin. When it was opened, there were objects which I believed belong to the ones who were killed because of her. I think perhaps her gang which may means her whole gang was killed except her. 

I also still believe that CS is not a reincarnation of Captain. I believe captain is the firefly shadow we saw in ep 9. CS is his own person and his love for MW belongs to him in this lifetime ;) 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, mei yang said:

just see some news said part of this drama copied a chinese drama named goodbye, my princess.and others also copied different chinese and Japanese  dramas.it is not the first time the writers of this drama copied chinese and japanese dramas. Copy is a s.h.*t. disgusting

I've seen Goodbye My Prncess and there's no similarity so far unless they make CM the good guy who was forced into something to save his kingdom and met MW and wanted to used her but fell in love later on and if YW was also into the plan all along to save her. Actually there was also a scene in GMP where the princess was waiting for the prince in her room after the wedding she's also wearing the red clothing and when the prince arrived she took the knife out as a sign that she won't let him touch her because of his betrayal. Okay while I'm writing this I'm starting to see and remember a lot of similarities between the two oh nooo but it's mostly on the past story of HDL and the plot of GMP..but I don't think Hong Sisters copied it though (I really hope) maybe it was just a coincidence or they were inspired by it or what..

• Like 5

EB1M-2iU4AAtXn1.jpg

About the lunar eclipse:

If we based on the summer season  occurring in the drama,  it's possible that the story timeline of episode 11 is between early June and late July 2018 (few days/weeks before the total lunar eclipse). 

Because the last total eclipse visible in Korea happened on July 28, 2018 and  it's on the summer season in Korea (June 21 - September 23  2018).  

The total lunar eclipse in Korea also happened 39 years ago in September 6, 1979 (in terms of Korean calendar) and September 17, 1978 (in terms of Western calendar) .

--> if this is the correct timeline,  then we're going to have a time jump 

An eclipse symbolizes

- beginnings 

- endings

- culminations (climax)

- clean slates (new start)

- in some cultures / religion, it's considered as a bad omen (i'm praying it's not gonna happen) 

P. S.

Based from hints and clues including the previous episodes,  we have to brace ourselves for the upcoming episodes. (we might prepare some/more tissues as well)

• Like 10
  • Insightful 5

31 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I was on the same track at you. The coffin held the only things she could recover/carry of the people who had died... there were too many.

As for what many people are saying about the firefly's and CS and CM. The firefly is definitely someone's soul, as to who it is, I say that there is a strong possibility that it is CM. In the first episode when MG took the coffin, all of the firefly's representing the souls all followed her, except for one, which turned back to stay. It could be he stayed out of guilt and longing for what he lost with her due to  his actions. 

But one of the main reasons that I think that CS is not CM is how they act and treat her. My impression of CM was that he was trying to seduce her, but was very hands off with what she did. Note that he does not really stop her for the most part, he lets her do what she wants, even if it could destroy her. He holds himself back from fully loving MW even though it hurts her.  Where CS does not hold himself back. If he thinks she should stop what she is doing because it is bad for her and will hurt her, he makes her stop even though it hurts himself. Because saving her is more important than himself. These attributes of CS and CM are part of their innate character, so no matter if they reincarnate and can't remember, they will have certain traits that get passed on. For example, MR is still selfish in a way and just likes to take things even if they are not hers. (i.e. stealing money and sanchez pottery) And I bet we can say the same about YW as well. There are things about his character that will always be the same no matter what life they are living. Though the circumstances of the life will determine if they become positive or negative. Thus CM would always act as CM, but CS is not the same as CM in how he approaches things, and he does not abandon people he cares for, no matter what. Look, he still takes care of his ex-girlfriend despite not being in a relationship with her. CM though, he abandoned MW. Even if it was in the name of protecting her, he did abandon her. 

As for what will happen at the end between CS and MW, It has crossed my mind at times that if she left to the afterlife, I could see him following her so she did not have to go alone. He is afraid of her leaving, suggesting how strong his attachment is to her. 

And that could be the reason he was chosen by MG for MW, she knew that MW needed someone righteous who could steer her in the right direction and would not abandon her. Though how far he is willing to following will need to be seen.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

'' it seems like you already stole what you were here for ''...

I had no idea such a plain and short sentence can sound so sweet and sexy, until it was spoken by CM.

After readings from first page actually there's many descriptions about the firefly Captain..yes CM was a  leader of Goryeo rebellion who's need to united Goryeo clan, like we knew MW and the thieves gangs need to joints.

So with all the description i sure  MW deep grieving and Sin is because She killed someone who's protected her Clans and the Lead of the rebellion Army .

God .can wait what's  happened behind the bloody bride room.

Actually the Writers already have concrete Map what make MW get such big Sin, her grudge made Someone Who love her, the leader of her clan the protectors of Goryeo peasant died in her hands..?.:tears:

We not ckear whatever she killed CM or not at that night..

So Where's CM...

So who is GCS?

Dunno how writers will prevail the story, like we learn from another drama there's always chances the story's would change for shake of ratings when we watching drama in real time production like HDL.

Just hope the writers stays solid to tell their story's without any interrupted from another issues .

Since from start so many plagiarism claim landed .

• Like 13

35 minutes ago, guinearoyal said:

As for what will happen at the end between CS and MW, It has crossed my mind at times that if she left to the afterlife, I could see him following her so she did not have to go alone. He is afraid of her leaving, suggesting how strong his attachment is to her. 

And that could be the reason he was chosen by MG for MW, she knew that MW needed someone righteous who could steer her in the right direction and would not abandon her. Though how far he is willing to following will need to be seen.

If the writers will really choose to send MW to the afterlife it would be better if CS will go with her. I can't think of any satisfying ending aside from that if they choose not to let MW time to start ticking again as a human and be with CS. Plus a Goblin type of ending is a big no no for this couple :lol:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

I've seen Goodbye My Prncess and there's no similarity so far unless they make CM the good guy who was forced into something to save his kingdom and met MW and wanted to used her but fell in love later on and if YW was also into the plan all along to save her. Actually there was also a scene in GMP where the princess was waiting for the prince in her room after the wedding she's also wearing the red clothing and when the prince arrived she took the knife out as a sign that she won't let him touch her because of his betrayal. Okay while I'm writing this I'm starting to see and remember a lot of similarities between the two oh nooo but it's mostly on the past story of HDL and the plot of GMP..but I don't think Hong Sisters copied it though (I really hope) maybe it was just a coincidence or they were inspired by it or what..

Honestly, I don’t think similarities account for solid copying. Unless this story was copied plot by plot, scenes by scenes and etc, then it can be accounted for copying (plagerism). As we watch dramas we may notice similarities and differences but it doesn’t necessarily mean it was copied piece by piece. Sometimes they even use similar plot devices which we can claim as cliches but that doesn’t mean it’s copying. I also haven’t heard of the Hong sisters copying from other dramas either. I think writers do take inspiration and turn it to their own but that doesn’t mean it is plagiarism. 

We still have yet to see how the story truly unfolds ;) 

edit

@uglypearl very interesting piece about the total lunar eclipse. I am expecting angst and even possible temporary separation but what I don’t want is TIME JUMP! 

tumblr_m3klgwgqcx1qcbmeno1_250.gif

For all that MW has gone through, i want her to have a happy ending with CS. But seeing that she existed 1000 years ago, i have no idea how the writers are going to make it possible. If her time stopped then when she flows again, she should be able to become human again. If Mago can play and twist fates then they can make MW human again too. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Honestly, I don’t think similarities account for solid copying. Unless this story was copied plot by plot, scenes by scenes and etc, then it can be accounted for copying (plagerism). As we watch dramas we may notice similarities and differences but it doesn’t necessarily mean it was copied piece by piece. Sometimes they even use similar plot devices which we can claim as cliches but that doesn’t mean it’s copying. I also haven’t heard of the Hong sisters copying from other dramas either. I think writers do take inspiration and turn it to their own but that doesn’t mean it is plagiarism. 

We still have yet to see how the story truly unfolds ;) 

True..For now I'll just go with the "they were inspired by it" idea :lol:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mei yang said:

just see some news said part of this drama copied a chinese drama named goodbye, my princess.and others also copied different chinese and Japanese  dramas.it is not the first time the writers of this drama copied chinese and japanese dramas. Copy is a s.h.*t. disgusting

I saw goodbye my princess and though there is a thematic similarity in one aspect IF character motivations play out the same way, that would certainly not be enough to say it was copied or plagiarized.  Maybe don't spread this kind of thing as if it is true?

2 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

I did a previous post on The Golden Bough and how the Hong Sisters are riffing on this ritual to moon goddess Diana.  I won't go into it again (though every episode emphasizes it) but the Moon Tree is Man Wol but also The Golden Bough.  Diana, Goddess of the Moon, is the tree.  In Roman myth, Aeneas breaks off a golden bough from this tree.  Why?  Because it allows entry and exit to human beings to the underworld.

So my thought is that MW might die or leave for the afterlife but leave behind a flower, leaf, sprig.  Whereupon CS, armed with his golden bough, goes after her and brings her back to live out her full 'living' lifespan.

Nice, huh?  It will maintain complete consistency with the Diana/Golden Bough mythos they've drawn inspiration from and provide us all with a happy ending.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4